PDA

View Full Version : Did the beta convince you or did it deter you?

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Did I miss some options :)?

From all voters: (13.02.2017; 9:34CET)

71.92% Are going to buy the game
21.92% Are not going to buy the game
6.16% Are not sure yet but may add up later to the two other categories.

From the 21.92% who do not want to buy
8.22% were convicned before to buy but the beta ultimatly turned them away
13.70% were not convinced to buy it at any point

From the 71.92% who do wanna buy the game
41.10% were already convinced to buy the game before the open beta started
30.82% were convinced to buy the game because they liked the beta

In general this looks very positiv to me. The general situation in the forums looks kinda bad compared to this. I would call the beta a success from a marketing point of view.

Duuklah
02-12-2017, 09:07 AM
I've been deterred. I was planning to buy and play my brains out because eso now sucks.

The price of $79 Canadian is really what is scaring me off. That and the P2P and the lack of depth.

Not worth it imo. Maybe for $39 or $49 Canadian.

Duuk

WacK_KACATKA
02-12-2017, 09:11 AM
if they do something with the Orochi and NOBUS, maybe I'll buy. I had the free version to get them to splash and see them in every battle, whether it be 1 to 1 or 2 on 2

Hispanic_Weeb
02-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Thought 1v1 was going to be the focus of the game but less people play that and the mechanics are really team oriented, if your team is bad they end up revenge feeding

Maaci
02-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Dont really care about the $60 dollars because if a pvp focused game can deliver then its for sure worth it.
However, i feel the gameplay is lacking some stuff. It might feel to slowpaced overall or there arent enough moves or perhaps the gameplay needs more finesse in how you do combos or anything really, or maybe all those points.
Cant put my fingers on it and while it probably hard to put the finger on it - The "fixes" to the gameplay could be many ways to do it.

To be clear i love the theme and atmosphere and the standard modes are all there(1v1, 2v2, 4v4 etc), i might still buy it though, to bad they didnt nail it gameplay wise.

edit: to be clear some things i love about it, for example how you block and you can strafe or so on, just needs improvements

BATTERIS
02-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Convince me except for the p2p mode. They are able to fix it in a short time?

DaCosmicSloth
02-12-2017, 09:26 AM
I pre-ordered after enjoying the closed beta but this open beta has been a train wreak. P2P just makes people or rage quit worse, especially if they know they are hosts. The update to Uplay overlay is worse than it has ever been.

Tenmar
02-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Canceled my pre-order.

Pre-ordered For Honor after getting in the closed beta and had an amazing time and was convinced this is a great game to show how developers can do 3D fighting games right.

Then the OPEN beta occurred. Which only reminded me that not everyone has a great internet connection and the game's online solution was Peer to Peer. Learning even more that their peer to peer solution was a MESH peer to peer instead of single host still had the same problems even after following EVERY solution that Ubisoft gave in their community support forum.

This is a game that will fail if they don't put up the money and invest in dedicated servers. Because even with a mesh peer to peer where everyone has to be synchronized can result in multiple people being disconnected if one person's data doesn't reach or have a moment of dead space which is going to be more common as more people move to wireless internet instead of wired connections.

Love this game and the combat and it's how game devs should look at this game and see how 3D fighting can be done and improved. But I can't financially support the game when I actually cannot play the game. And that's with a Gen 5 I7, a 1070 GPU, and a internet speed of 30 Mbps down and 5mbps up. Everything on my end is fine, but I still mainly get disconnects from playing this game.

NinjaShack
02-12-2017, 09:29 AM
didnt do it for me, at the start where the blance with stamina was on point, where everyone who spammed lost their stamina was punished. Yeah, was nice.

Then all a sudden Vikings charge spamming and heavy weapon one shotting you. Nah, they reallly f'd the balance and tbh, its all luck with the blocking and parrying.

Great idea, poorly executed. I really enjoyed the start but when the "balance" tweaks came in, the game became unplayable - maybe its a PC thing and there's cheaters on it that we cant see it. Who knows.

not buying it, basically Rock Paper Scissors (destiny in other words) but in the past, and one broken class choice.

anyways, was fun while it lasted.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 09:35 AM
i won't purchase now. so i wait for reviews, considering that closed and open beta got me bad feelings about the game.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Cancelled my pre-order.

Dedicated servers or no buy.

This isn't 2009

DrExtrem
02-12-2017, 09:50 AM
The closer beta already convinced me, that I can have a certain amount of fun with the game. Add a solid single player campaign to the equation and I am quite happy. Btw. I hope, that there are more single player options in the final game, aside from the standard custom match and the campaign.

I did not cancel my pre order but certain things need to be fixed, in order to keep the game alive.

Input and server delay are possible game breakers, as well ad the too effective stagger-spam with light attacks. The guard break time window is also a bit too short. Balancing issues are not a reason to cancel a pre order, because that is something, that can be addressed later.

Brave_Thunder
02-12-2017, 09:58 AM
I wasn't interested in For Honor till I tryed to play it on the open beta.It's a great game that ups the mechanics of the dark souls saga,with a good legit 1v1 mode.There are some network problems in 4v4,but in my 10 hours I lagged/desync about 2 times,with a normal 10 Mb connection.I don't care about the p2p or dedicated server system,in my experience the gameplay and network system are fine.Gonna buy it tomorrow,hopefully the servers will be active.

Latergator1
02-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Can't get NAT unrestricted, have tried everything except for making my machine 100% public with no security or purchasing a VPN. Even if port forwarding worked I wouldn't be able to play with my roomates/friends because we are all on the same network. Such a ****ing joke that this is even an issue. I wanted to play this game so bad but without dedicated servers I literally can't. Pretty sure there are TONS of people with the same issue, and there will be a **** storm when the uninformed masses purchase the game only to find out the hard way they can't play multiplayer because of ancient netcode.

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Acutally I expected it would be worse but there are only a few votes maybe we can get some more in :)?

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 10:24 PM
I am still gonna get it. Closed beta was rough has some issues. Open beta started rough had some disconnects but last day of open beta and I haven't been disconnected once. So things improved for me. Def a buy

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Not to mention everyone is expecting a perfect game. Never has happened never will happened. Ubi did great things to improve rb6 they will do even more so here.

Zv1k0
02-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Wasnt interested in game at all till i saw it on twitch on 9th february when open beta started and im so glad that i tried this game. I had few issues first day with matchmaking and disconnecting but today worked perfectly, maybe 1 or 2 times dc and few lags mid game. I love fighting games and 1v1 combat and im pretty sure im pre ordering tomorrow. I just hope this connection issues get fixed for all of us so we can have some amazing matches. See you on battlefield.

Nekhabet
02-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Gonna wait a little bit on this one. Really fun game play and have had some really great 1v1 fights, but the disconnects are killing me. I'm not sure what I have to do to correct it. I'm wired, have an open NAT and have 140 down and 10 up w/ a 33ms ping.

NecroholicRage
02-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Right now its not worth $80CDN. Even with more maps and game modes, its not worth that much. I say that of course assuming extra game modes won't be anything more in depth than dominion, which from my experience so far is a 3v1 gank fest most of the time.
The concept is great, but not executed well enough. Its visually stunning, but I'm not convinced to pay for it.

Stankyfoot
02-12-2017, 10:45 PM
I'm furious at Ubisoft for making such a good game with so many connection bugs. The gameplay is amazing, the balance is (as far as we can tell) exceptional and it fills a niche that no other game can but **** me, if they don't come out with dedicated servers ASAP they'll kill it themselves.

That said, I will be buying the game. Hopefully they'll sort out the bugs but, in the meantime, the bots are savages so I'll probably grind on them until things work out.

Damage_Incorp
02-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Convinced me not to get it.I wouldn't buy a half finished 60$ game.I expected working multiplayer

Ofc i wouldnt preorder.Preordering is ******ed

WTWR_Zydrate
02-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Got it on a preorder coupon sale for the 47.99.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Not to mention everyone is expecting a perfect game. Never has happened never will happened. Ubi did great things to improve rb6 they will do even more so here.

i expect humans to put their max effort into stuff. p2p is a lame and cheap decision about a game that could have been top AAA+ game for years. instead they decided to sparee a couple of money to put it in a "next f2p game" state this gem.

your decision on your money. i dont like to reward subpar effort.. i hope i took wrong decision and yours the best one.

Defenestrator_.
02-12-2017, 10:53 PM
The game is fantastic. Too bad UBI had to get their hands on it and wreck it. Seriously, p2p, what kind of potent crack would you have to smoke to sell a product with this in 2017? Maybe the kind you can buy with the money you get from customers you don't care about, i guess. Also the price of this game. Pretty evident UBI just intend to cash out at launch day. Which makes me furious and sad, since i really enjoyed the game, and it's not the first time i see grubby UBI hands wreck a game title.

GG

NOTMAN
02-12-2017, 10:57 PM
I loved the earlier alpha, and beta I played, but the connection issues, combined with that stupid revenge mechanic, has put me off. I'm going to wait to see what comes, when the game is released, but by the time things are confirmed, and/or fixed, I'll probably be playing Horizon, and this will no longer be on my radar. It's a shame

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 11:03 PM
i expect humans to put their max effort into stuff. p2p is a lame and cheap decision about a game that could have been top AAA+ game for years. instead they decided to sparee a couple of money to put it in a "next f2p game" state this gem.

your decision on your money. i dont like to reward subpar effort.. i hope i took wrong decision and yours the best one.

You realize rb6 was p2p and then they changed it to dedicated and it is still hugely popular. Ubisoft will do the same here. I don't know why y'all can't see that. It's pretty obvious.

Demonguy8
02-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Gonna be a no buy for me, but probably not for the reasons most of the rest of you are no buying:

1. My comp is below the minimum requirements processor wise, and barely above the minimum vid card wise..... Despite that, I can play the Beta just fine (lowest settings, CPU overclocked), until the P2P tries to make me a "host" during multiplayer, and it kills the game for me and everyone else in the game. So, chalk another complaint up for the p2p model.... as it burdens weaker computers, likely even ones that actually meet the "requirements"

2. Controls don't always feel responsive, and mouse looking your guard direction on PC feels clunky... This could be a larger issue with my computer being a toaster, however.

Despite those things, I was very strongly considering buying, as the learning curve does feel rewarding. The next three reasons are what really kills it for me.

3. $60 price point. There's less here than CS:GO, and it costs 3x as much.

4. Complete lack of faith in Ubiisoft. A gaming company with a horrible history of buggy launches, persistent bugs in games, mediocre or non existent support, awkward controls, poor UIs, and asinine online only DRM. Many of those things I see with this game, and I just doubt Ubi has the commitment to actually give this game the support it needs going forward.

5. The game is sitting in an awkward spot challenge wise.... I think the barrier of entry for most people is too high, skill wise. It took half a dozen hours before I was able to even handle bot lvl 1s of most classes.... and I think less skilled players are going to pass (or quit early) because of that..... On the other side of the spectrum, the hardcore elite players, don't actually have all that many things to master... Classes only have a couple of movements each, and the main challenge is mastering the guard-facing, block, dodge, parry mechanics. While true mastery of the game would take significant effort and time, I'm not sure there's enough here to keep people from getting bored 6 months, or even year(s) down the road. It's hard for me to see this game having a large following after the post launch hype dies down, and even harder for me to see it maintaining a playerbase via bringing new people in over time....

Greengrunt
02-12-2017, 11:05 PM
the gameplay is good enough to make me still want to buy it but the connectivity errors, waiting for games, and class balance has detered me a bit, but not enough to not want this game, got nothing better to play, been playing league lately kinda gettin boring.

sayi50
02-12-2017, 11:09 PM
I was very interested in the game during Closed Beta where I actually got 4v4 matches but during Open Beta, I only got like 1 4v4 match out of 8-9 sessions. The rest were all disconnections. Their P2P system is a trainwreck for people with under average internet. Not everyone has First World Country internet and it really showed during this beta. I use a wired connection and had Open NAT yet still kept disconnecting.

I'm not going to ask for dedicated servers like everyone has been doing. As much as I would love to have the dedicated servers, I'm fine as long as their netcode stops being a trainwreck and starts actually working when 8 people are sending and receiving packets from each other rapidly.

So tl;dr: "Because of the connection issues, I will be waiting on the reviews and forums to see if they fix it post-launch or not"

Possibilities
02-12-2017, 11:10 PM
love the gameplay, really fun and in depth. hate the hours doing everything to fix red NAT (didn't work). i won't buy until they fix the connectivity issues. this is the first game that i have connectivity issues on.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 11:12 PM
You realize rb6 was p2p and then they changed it to dedicated and it is still hugely popular. Ubisoft will do the same here. I don't know why y'all can't see that. It's pretty obvious.

if it was a smart company they would have put dedicated since launch. my experience in games allow me to say that first impression about games count a lot. they could have had dedicated since launch, having all beta testers hgappy to spend money instantly, as me, encouraging friends to purchase it too. instead they disappointed a large part of testers, i won't suggest this game to friends so ubisoft decision about dedicated servers will be postponed when they see game can afford that expense.

it is ovbvious to you. not to me..

Godsplitter1991
02-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Definitely getting it. Haven't been this hooked on a game since forever

Verloth
02-12-2017, 11:13 PM
I've played open beta for like 26h got 1rep 19 lvl with my berserker and now just waiting for the final release.
There where some minor bugs like kicking out from the game and some server issues but didn't see any gameplay glitches. The playability is damn great. Had lot of fun and can't wait!

I_am_a_robot
02-12-2017, 11:13 PM
will still buy because im not hooked on another game tight now bur was expecting the art of battle to take more place. What i mean is some duels on confrontation in 4v4 are exhilirating but most are square spam light attack spam (especially from assassins) running around and asssassins spamming X because it cost no stamina to spam dodge ppl pusing you down a ledge 2v1 when u just want to fight them both even if outnumbered, etc. i hate those kind of characters, (assassins) never been a fan of rogues and the like in any RPG or other style of games. But most ppl want to play those annoying classes, sneaky, invisible and gank and spam and grief. And there will be more and more and less and less of other classses if the game stays as is. I was hoping this game would be different in that regard. SIGH! but its different enough in a lot of other positive points and im still having fun to cut the assassins head off between the frustration of being bled by cowards and ppl running away after u block their first blow because theres no penalties for fleeing even 1v1. its not perfect but its a nice enough game. customizations are nice and I hope there will be even more added later on.

Harry_S._Houle
02-12-2017, 11:16 PM
played closed beta and open beta and had no problems. The first day of open beta had a rough start but hey its a open beta to fix things and test their netcode etc so nothing to complain. Overall i had no connection problems and everything was great ( Europe region ). I pre ordered and cant wait to start on tuesday (after valentines dinner with gf xD or i ll get executed )

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 11:27 PM
My personal hope is that the problems which occured during the open beta will help preventing them on the actual release.
I also preordered and iam still going to get it I had a fun time.
The only 2 things I really dislike or rather hate:

The oorochi bowshot does to much dmg it takes away 75% heatlh and I do not see a way to not get hit. Is it actually dodgeable? Its superannoying in elemination he takes you down to somewhat half health backs of and kills you.
Second are the powerups. I do not mind them in general but they are to easy to get. Spring good be on 1 to 2 second cooldown after leaving focus that would help alot.
But those are only small downsides.

XtimoX05
02-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Where is option "Will buy if they make a dedicated server not p2p"?

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 11:31 PM

There isnt because there wont be any dedicated servers. Designer said "no p2p no game'. So you gotta vote no, sry :(
I do not see a reason why you would prefer dedicated servers over this p2p.
If id compare the cs:go server with the connection i had in this game id rather ditch those servers ...

Defenestrator_.
02-12-2017, 11:31 PM

This.

Defenestrator_.
02-12-2017, 11:32 PM
There isnt because there wont be any dedicated servers. Designer said "no p2p no game'. So you gotta vote no, sry :(

Where can i read that statement?

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Where can i read that statement?

Well

There was this moment that was really important. Six or eight months into development I had this moment where these engineers came to me and said, “So, you want to do eight players running over a network and you wan to do that with two hundred AI, over a normal internet connection? This is your pitch?”

I said, “Yes.”

They say, “That’s impossible. I don’t know if you understand how networks work designer boy but that can’t be done.”

and

That said, the game is built on that framework because without that framework there wouldn’t be a game. We wouldn’t be running the way that we are right now. I wish I could go into more detail.

http://www.in.techradar.com/news/misc/meet-for-honor-the-game-with-a-life-of-its-own-that-its-creator-had-to-relearn-how-to-play/articleshow/56960711.cms

XtimoX05
02-12-2017, 11:44 PM
I do not see a reason why you would prefer dedicated servers over this p2p.
If id compare the cs:go server with the connection i had in this game id rather ditch those servers ...
The reason why i would prefer is that soo i can play with my friends becuse right now we could not i had red strict NAT even after i opened my ports soo yea this beta was fckig awesome playing alone. Ow and when a Host left from 4v4 dominion Pure gold !

Defenestrator_.
02-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Well

and

http://www.in.techradar.com/news/misc/meet-for-honor-the-game-with-a-life-of-its-own-that-its-creator-had-to-relearn-how-to-play/articleshow/56960711.cms

Thanks for the source, even though the statement is a bit different. "Two hundred AI"... Comedy.

xJayzenx
02-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Bought the game once open beta ended. It takes A LOT for me to spend $60.00 on a video game to. Not that I don't have the money, I just don't see paying that much for a game. However, I'm convinced that I'll be playing this one for a long long time.

Mr.0reo
02-12-2017, 11:48 PM
Did I miss some options :)?

you missed the option "Didn't win the Emblems of Power golden frames so will not buy the game"

Mr.0reo
02-12-2017, 11:53 PM
Cancelled my pre-order.

Dedicated servers or no buy.

This isn't 2009

Go play Blade & Soul and you will see Dedicated servers won't do ****.

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 11:54 PM

Yea I remember. 300MS in Europe on European servers. Great ****. With WTFFast. Without it was even worse stopped playing for that reason because it made some combos impossible to perform.

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 11:59 PM
game needs to be polished, matchmakin is a mess, theres a lot of bugs, p2p is horrible and I cant stand the fluctuated desync. If they fix it all I will certainly buy it without hesitate.

Right now, I don't see the game worth, at least for now. Hope they will wait until april or something.

Afius
02-13-2017, 12:00 AM
I will be buying this game.
1. I enjoy the gameplay and I'll keep playing for awhile.
2. I will support a game that risks starting a new genre and doesn't rehash the same game making minor tweaks that's why I don't buy Cod and Assassin's Creed. If a developer can't create a game that will keep me entertained for more than a year it's not worth buying.
3. I love the learning curve and discovering new strategies against opponents.

Shukr4n
02-13-2017, 12:01 AM

funnily im playing bns right now.

it is not dedicated server problem there. problem is a 2012 game developed by monkeys pretend to stay bugged in 2017.

Dannyb016
02-13-2017, 01:21 AM
Having played through the Closed and Open Beta I'm probably not going to be purchasing on release. There's too much to this game that aggravates me to be worth the 40 price tag. I'm not the best player, far from it in fact and I'm 100% aware of that... but some classes and combo's require some serious fine tuning before this ever becomes a fair platform to play competitively in PvP. You always get the same exploited combo's and abilities which just put me off the game completely (Crusader and Peacekeeper spring to mind).The Skill cap in this game is very high and for good reason too, but with the type of game that it is and the skill / timing it requires of the players, it becomes infinitely more infuriating when you see something happen that (in your point of view) shouldn't happen and then you go on to get killed because of it. I've had many examples of this over the beta period but one I remember specifically is when I was Bezerker against an Orochi and I've dodged left to spin up a fast attack combo and I get guard broken from the direction I've just come from... which then leads to the Orochi happily slicing away till I'm dead.

This is a great game with a high barrier of entry in terms of skill and therefore it's simply just not going to appeal to everyone, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for the games community at all. Unfortunately I think I might be one of those people. :(

Bob__Gnarly
02-13-2017, 01:35 AM
I pre-ordered, then played the open beta and ran into a bunch of connection problems plus many in game bugs and I started questioning my pre-order. I couldn't believe the issues I was seeing in a game releasing in a couple days... I stuck with it anyway and enjoyed the game play, so I'll be giving it a chance. Hopefully Ubisoft gets their *** into gear and fixes all the issues asap, but I won't hold my breath on that.

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 01:42 AM
I canceled my preorder. It's not even the fact that I didn't enjoy the game, it's the fact that it got so old so fast for me. I play other online shooters, dark souls 3 pvp, rust, day z/Arma and alot of others. This one just lost its apeal after 2 days of playing. I can hear it already, your just bad! Nope, I played closed beta and got decent. Open beta I was pretty dam good, there just isn't enough content to keep me interested for $79 canadian.

IanHappyFace
02-13-2017, 02:05 AM
Very deterred. I don't like assassins being in the game. It doesn't feel like the half and half attack and defense game I wanted. Everyone seems to play assassins and they just spam attacks and gaurd breaks. They are just simply not fun to fight for me.

LuzAriusLive
02-13-2017, 02:14 AM
The game isn't worth $60.00. I would pay $24.99 for it though.

Yvendel
02-13-2017, 02:20 AM
I'm not going to ask for dedicated servers like everyone has been doing. As much as I would love to have the dedicated servers, I'm fine as long as their netcode stops being a trainwreck and starts actually working when 8 people are sending and receiving packets from each other rapidly.

So tl;dr: "Because of the connection issues, I will be waiting on the reviews and forums to see if they fix it post-launch or not"

Yep, im gonna do just the same. I don't like reviews nowadays but forums use to have pretty good info overall of the state of the game, if you manage to ignore all the salt.

WinterHt
02-13-2017, 02:30 AM
Not buying myself. Game can be fun, very fun, concept is great, I was very hyped from September on.

However, so many design and gameplay choices are very disappointing for me, and they make not much sense, and result in a case of "so much potential, sadly missed the mark".

Horrendous network and occasional performance issues have driven the final nail, which weren't nearly as bad during the closed beta.

SirKektheDank
02-13-2017, 02:48 AM
As long as this game retains a playerbase consisting of at least what legacy Evolve had post-launch, I will play this game. If there is a community to speak of, then I'm gonna be 60 bucks poorer in a week or so. I've got pretty solid internet, so I've had very few issues thus far.

Iskedo
02-13-2017, 06:57 AM
I played the Closed and Open Beta game looks and flows great, not optimistic about the P2P network is a horrible idea it was only implemented to save money on servers, and I bet that season passes are for the share holders heh. The game needs some tweaking balance issues for starters, these things take time are not easy to do soon as you Nerf one class another becomes OP/Flavor of the month this is common in most PvP games. But the way the game is now it will become repetitive fairly quickly and you will get bored, so in my opinion i'd wait.

Ubisoft has a great potential with this game because its unique I just hope they don't screw it up, as long as games are made for shareholders rather then the players games will always suffer. Only you the consumer can change that, stop voting with you wallets :)

Einherjar25
02-13-2017, 07:35 AM
First beta: It convince me. Second beta: deter. First beta I was playing the berserker and was foolish enough to believe I was a natural at this and kicking everyone's *** in duels. Second beta I played the Kensei and Conquerer and reality came crashing down on me. Im gonna wait for the first few patch notes and probably check reviews too in the meanwhile

XxKILLASEEDxX
02-13-2017, 07:45 AM
This is a MUST BUY, for anyone who's a warrior at heart, there is no other game that comes even remotely close to feeding the warriors ego as the title does.

You roar when victorious and you shout when defeated, unless your one of those crying kittens who meows and runs to cower in a corner at the sign of danger, I'd suggest sticking with some noob friendly FPS, plenty of those games out there for the simpletons to enjoy.

This game is for warriors, flaws and all, nuff said!

Galeplay
02-13-2017, 08:29 AM
Because it has P2P multiplayer i'll wait for price drop and buy it maybe then. But if it gets dedicated servers = instabuy.

ReecePendell
02-13-2017, 08:30 AM
I decided not to buy after playing in open beta.

I was really looking forward to this game but I am a casual gamer and for the first time ever I was raging at an online game playing against Nobushi and Peacekeepers. I feel like the indicator system isn't enough for for players in my skill range. (mediocre, if that) Once I started cancelling guard-breaks based on sound and movement of enemies I was good there. I just basically couldn't block light attacks from certain characters at all and it got worse once players started feinting. Players had to do nothing but spam light attacks and I couldn't figure out how to stop it. I spent a bunch of time fighting level PK bots trying to figure out what I was missing but I determined it was just reaction times.

Also I was mostly into the 'fight for your kingdom thing' and the wishy-washiness of allowing people to pick any class for their faction (pshhh, WHATEVER) and the single 4v4 dominion mode wasn't going to be worth $60 to me.

Ahh well. I did have some fun games for sure!
(DEUS VULT MY FELLOW KNIGHTS)

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 08:31 AM
It seems weird to me when people complain about the price. A full singleplayer campaign, complex pvp multiplayer, 12 unique heroes (with more coming in free DLC later) and tons of customization for your hero. "Not enough content"

Waynedetta40k
02-13-2017, 09:35 AM

In general this looks very positiv to me. The general situation in the forums looks kinda bad compared to this. I would call the beta a success from a marketing point of view.

It seems weird to me when people complain about the price. A full singleplayer campaign, complex pvp multiplayer, 12 unique heroes (with more coming in free DLC later) and tons of customization for your hero. "Not enough content"

Yea you gotta accept they do not think the game offers enough for their money. I do not understand it either because I think you can easly sank a few houndred hours in this game.

Tocki92
02-13-2017, 10:10 AM
Tried the open beta, was astonished by the depth of that game. 60 not worth, but I get it for 42, so I think I will buy it.
Long term motivation? I don't know yet, many people thought that r6 will die pretty soon, but it the player base gets bigger and bigger. I have a hope, same happens with forhonor.

Zv1k0
02-13-2017, 10:28 AM

Yea you gotta accept they do not think the game offers enough for their money. I do not understand it either because I think you can easly sank a few houndred hours in this game.

From what i see here on forum i hardly believe this percentages. Seems like everyone is bashing this game and i would bet those percentages are completely upside down. But great if it is how it is.

slingshot82
02-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Pre-ordered and still going to buy it, as I think the pro's still outweigh the cons. That said I had MUCH more fun playing as player vs AI than I did as player vs player. I know the bots are too easy really but at least they fight; every elimination game I played was full of people sprinting away from me all fight. And I get it, it's a better tactic to engineer two on one situations if you can, but it doesn't exactly make for a fun game. And hell, I'm not even a very good player - so kill me then go help your buddy!
The P2P just doesn't feel like a sensible decision either. In any heavily MP focused AAA game the connection should NEVER die - I mean it's 2017, how is this acceptable? Launches are always glitchy, I get that, but if games are still de-syncing say a week after launch I will be very disappointed.

r4ptorr
02-13-2017, 10:33 AM
From what i see here on forum i hardly believe this percentages. Seems like everyone is bashing this game and i would bet those percentages are completely upside down. But great if it is how it is.

That's probably because while some of us cries in the forum, other actually play the game and dont care about crybabies.. :)

Tallion828
02-13-2017, 10:36 AM
That's probably because while some of us cries in the forum, other actually play the game and dont care about crybabies.. :)

This.

Shukr4n
02-13-2017, 10:46 AM
well...that was a user's pool so it has no analitical data, considering that 150 players voted....if this game had 150 players only it was already a failure...

so please, dont take funny thigs as important.

Orolinwe
02-13-2017, 10:53 AM
well...that was a user's pool so it has no analitical data, considering that 150 players voted....if this game had 150 players only it was already a failure...

Right now there are 153 votes and 111 of those said they will get the game, and only 32 said they definitely won't. That is NOT a failure. The failure is in your math skills.

I'm definitely keeping my pre-order. I hate the P2P crap, and I really hope Ubisoft pony up and create servers for the game. However, I had a lot of fun with the Beta, overall my connections were solid, and my wife loves playing the game too, so that's a huge bonus.

I'm really excited to the see the single-player game! Hope it delivers!

Waynedetta40k
02-13-2017, 10:54 AM

Its not to shabby. I do not want to represent 100% of the player base if I wanted that I would need around 1000 votes to get an accuracy around +-3%.
I made this thread to relfekt the opinion from the forum users because if someone looked at the forum and sees all the whiny threads the sitution looks like everyone in here hated the game for some reason. Which is not the case.

Shukr4n
02-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Its not to shabby. I do not want to represent 100% of the player base if I wanted that I would need around 1000 votes to get an accuracy around +-3%.
I made this thread to relfekt the opinion from the forum users because if someone looked at the forum and sees all the whiny threads the sitution looks like everyone in here hated the game for some reason. Which is not the case.

i was answering to playewrs who found saint grail in this thread. if there were really 100k+ players in open beta u need more than 50% to have a founded data

Defenestrator_.
02-13-2017, 11:01 AM
Right now there are 153 votes and 111 of those said they will get the game, and only 32 said they definitely won't. That is NOT a failure. The failure is in your math skills.

I'm definitely keeping my pre-order. I hate the P2P crap, and I really hope Ubisoft pony up and create servers for the game. However, I had a lot of fun with the Beta, overall my connections were solid, and my wife loves playing the game too, so that's a huge bonus.

I'm really excited to the see the single-player game! Hope it delivers!

150 people voting is a sample that is worth nothing, sadly. And i would wager that the majority of people who decide not to buy this game would be gone from the forums by now.

Waynedetta40k
02-13-2017, 11:02 AM
i was answering to playewrs who found saint grail in this thread. if there were really 100k+ players in open beta u need more than 50% to have a founded data

No you dont. You gotta learn basic statistics my friend.

Shukr4n
02-13-2017, 11:04 AM

i studied basic statistic mate but if u want to teach me you re welcome

ast3lan
02-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Me and the GF will be playing this in Coop together, plus i will play it until DoW III comes out, afterwards i'll just be playing on occasion... if i hadn't pre-ordered i'd be buying Ghost Recon wildlands instead.

Defenestrator_.
02-13-2017, 11:16 AM

This thread has nothing to do with statistics though. Since you know statistics, you know that a poll like this says nothing even if you have a sample size of 1000. And you would also know why the ratio of complaints to noncomplaints would be skewed on this forum.

zkorejo
02-13-2017, 11:17 AM
There should be a 6th option in the polls:

- I will wait and see if Ubi fixes the network issues

Shukr4n
02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
There should be a 6th option in the polls:

- I will wait and see if Ubi fixes the network issues

"i wait for reviews"

Waynedetta40k
02-13-2017, 11:24 AM
This thread has nothing to do with statistics though. Since you know statistics, you know that a poll like this says nothing even if you have a sample size of 1000. And you would also know why the ratio of complaints to noncomplaints would be skewed on this forum.

I made this thread to relfect the opinion of the forum users because if someone looked at the forum and sees all the whiny threads the sitution looks like everyone in here hated the game for some reason. Which is not the case.

I know that I had to do a random sample if thats what you wanna hear but like I already said I wanted to reflekt the Situation in this Forum

i studied basic statistic mate but if u want to teach me you re welcome

Gallup Sample Size

TheAristocrat88
02-13-2017, 11:27 AM
I had no intention on buying the game but rainbow six servers where messing up so I Decided to try it out and it was above and beyond, myself and my brother are buying it it'll be great fun

zkorejo
02-13-2017, 11:28 AM
"i wait for reviews"

I doubt reviews will touch on that subject. Plus it seems its not as bad for some people so I'm not sure if I should wait for the reviews.

Waynedetta40k
02-13-2017, 11:32 AM
I doubt reviews will touch on that subject. Plus it seems its not as bad for some people so I'm not sure if I should wait for the reviews.

They already made a clear statement after the closed beta. What they basicially said was that the problems people experienced during CB were connection issues not different from what would have happened with dedicated servers. For me this means its the players fault or rather bad configured routers and computers. Tough I admit its quite stupid to put it like this because nowadays people know how to play games and most games can be played without any problems so people never felt the need of learning how to configure their stuff.

Defenestrator_.
02-13-2017, 11:35 AM
I know that I had to do a random sample if thats what you wanna hear but like I already said I wanted to reflekt the Situation in this Forum

Yep, however- the situation in the forums will always be skewed because the people who have no issue with the game, won't voice their opinion, unless it's the crabby kids who feel a great need to shut down the people who can't play because of network issues etc of course. The people with real and legitimate problems with the game, like the network code, will be more inclined to make their opinion heard, and for good reason. That's why the forums will look tilted towards people with problems, and that's a natural - and in this case, good thing, since it actually risks forcing UBI to deviate from their normal strategy, which is to pretend like nothing is wrong and then cash out.

Don't get me wrong, i love the game. UBI practices continue to disgust me though.

zkorejo
02-13-2017, 11:39 AM
They already made a clear statement after the closed beta. What they basicially said was that the problems people experienced during CB were connection issues not different from what would have happened with dedicated servers. For me this means its the players fault or rather bad configured routers and computers. Tough I admit its quite stupid to put it like this because nowadays people know how to play games and most games can be played without any problems so people never felt the need of learning how to configure their stuff.

I got medium or open Nat most of the time, as you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcGIPrn237U

I forwarded all the ports mentioned on support threads, I enabled DMZ, changed DNS to open/google and I still had tons of issues with network/matchmaking. I kept getting guys with red bars/another region.

There is nothing I can do to help here, I can play every other MP game perfectly fine. Ubi is at fault here, not me.

EDIT: Thanks for letting me know Ubi's stance on the subject though. Its pretty obvious they wont fix it. So I better move on to something else.

Shukr4n
02-13-2017, 11:53 AM

someone is telling stuff to defend his position. it must be true.

Demonguy8
02-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Two things that I'd add to this thread:

1. Trying to extrapolate results from the poll is a sketchy proposition at best because of the sampling bias.... Where sampling interest in buying a game.... on a game's own official forums is going to heavily favor buyers over non buyers. It's quite likely people who where planning on not buying the game, would be far less interested in a continued presence for the forums of a game they don't intend to play. If anything, I consider the current poll results indicating that many "no buys" to be extremely concerning, as it's substantially more than I would have expected (though I could also be experiencing some form of confirmation bias, since I myself am in the "no buy" category (but probably would have bought, if my computer was less toaster-esque)

2. As far as people sitting on the fence waiting for "reviews"

You do realize the video game review industry is entirely a scam, right? It's all bought and paid for marketing nonsense, and has been for well over a decade. At least with anyone who will post a review immediately, as companies only give out advanced reviewable copies of their games to paid shills who will provide the hype and advertising to push product. Beyond those, you also can't trust user review websites either, as there are hire able companies who will spam fill out positive reviews for products (and sometimes even negative reviews for rival companies). Even the "unbiased" streamer is often more or less bought and paid for with various sponsorships.

I'm not saying you won't be able to find a quality unbias review out there at all, because the internet is a wondrous thing, and at least a few people who aren't beholden to the industry will give you an honest breakdown, but more of a warning for people to be vigilant when they read a review, as they are often not remotely as independent and bias free as they would be in and ideal world.

Shukr4n
02-13-2017, 12:18 PM
I'm not saying you won't be able to find a quality unbias review out there at all, because the internet is a wondrous thing, and at least a few people who aren't beholden to the industry will give you an honest breakdown, but more of a warning for people to be vigilant when they read a review, as they are often not remotely as independent and bias free as they would be in and ideal world.

to me review means watching streams , looking forum and making my own 1+1.

Waynedetta40k
02-13-2017, 12:30 PM
someone is telling stuff to defend his position. it must be true.
I didn't said he was 100% right you get me wrong. Maybe i was not clear enough.

Someone asked if they ever fix the connection issues and I only replied to it because I know Ubi already made up their mind.
I just put their statement in my own words I posted the link to the original Interview somewhere in here

I think it was this one http://www.in.techradar.com/news/misc/meet-for-honor-the-game-with-a-life-of-its-own-that-its-creator-had-to-relearn-how-to-play/articleshow/56960711.cms

I didn't want to evaluate the statement like you guys do all the time.

2. As far as people sitting on the fence waiting for "reviews"

You do realize the video game review industry is entirely a scam, right?

like every other private (and nonprivate^^) newspapers and medias.

Yep, however- the situation in the forums will always be skewed because the people who have no issue with the game, won't voice their opinion,

Thats why I made this thread.

Waynedetta40k
02-13-2017, 12:39 PM
1. Trying to extrapolate results from the poll is a sketchy proposition at best because of the sampling bias

I know, thats why I said several times I wanted to reflect the opinion of the forum users.
I must admit that "no's" might weight more in general because people which do not want to buy are less likely to come to those forums, but on the other hand alot of people which buy wont either but are more liklely to join the forums. In addition its possible that some of the "no"s might change in future because they actually fix problems which lead people to vote no. The poll is basicially just a "screenshot" of this few days. Opinions change we are not in a election where you have to vote and decide now and never get another chance.

For "no"s that change a good example could be a better than expected p2p system.

Mercer37
02-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Very likely no, but only because english localization is not available in my country and ubisoft are making sure it stays that way. If not for this little problem, I would have it preordered right now.

milkman2500
02-13-2017, 07:39 PM
I've been deterred. I was planning to buy and play my brains out because eso now sucks.

The price of $79 Canadian is really what is scaring me off. That and the P2P and the lack of depth.

Not worth it imo. Maybe for $39 or $49 Canadian.

Duuk

Completely agree (also Canadian).