PDA

View Full Version : Tips for defeating Orochi?

TrayofFoxes
02-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Hey guys! Been fighting a LOT of Orochi lately and im having a really hard time beating them. I like to play Warden and Conqueror mostly. I just have a really hard time even hitting them they just dodge absolutely everything and I can't touch them while they just combo me to death. I try my best to parry or block their combos but once they get one off thats really all it takes for me to fall behind.

Also tips for how to disrupt guardbreaks would help! I have been trying so hard to learn the timing for denying enemy guardbreaks and I just absolutely cant for the life of me figure it out easily my biggest weakness right now.

Hispanic_Weeb
02-12-2017, 07:25 AM
Orochi main here:
Their fastest plain combo is an up
Their weeb stance into dash always hits in the same direction
Their lunge always hits in the same direction and if you get chase locked roll as soon the blade hits you
Their side step is pretty stupid, just block or parry it as best as you can and if they're spammy with it then guardbreak them still

Also keep in mind that in the time your guard is broken you can't block but you can parry

SerArthur-Dayne
02-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Parry then guardbreak or
Parry then heavy attack
Parry is the best way to deal with those fast assasins, that and throw them off things with the warden.

Damonrodes
02-12-2017, 08:23 AM
Hey guys! Been fighting a LOT of Orochi lately and im having a really hard time beating them. I like to play Warden and Conqueror mostly. I just have a really hard time even hitting them they just dodge absolutely everything and I can't touch them while they just combo me to death. I try my best to parry or block their combos but once they get one off thats really all it takes for me to fall behind.

Also tips for how to disrupt guardbreaks would help! I have been trying so hard to learn the timing for denying enemy guardbreaks and I just absolutely cant for the life of me figure it out easily my biggest weakness right now.

For guard break learn what their animation looks like, go to a bot fight with the orochi and just grab the bot over and over and see what his animation looks like.

Storm rush always comes from the side his sword in on when he jumps back. To chain their attacks they top light first so your gonna wanna block up. Their second light is an auto hit if they chain upwards. As for the sidestep attack I just full block stance that.

Make sure to charge heavy and shield bash with conquerer, you can chain more in there when you get use to it.

I never play warden but headbutt is a beast move. Use that lol

Damonrodes
02-12-2017, 08:29 AM
It should have said I generally have my block towards the top and adjust from there to counter the chain towards top attack. Don't know why I can't edit.

Ujir0
02-12-2017, 04:50 PM

IMO a lot of these people got it wrong.
Even the "orochi is my main" guy.

Orochi should be played as a counter-style imo, at least thats how i play him.
You can't block a hit that's a counter to your hit.(except if you're a bot)

Every move of every hero has a counter, i think in general apart from tactics you can use, it's mostly rock, paper, scissors.
make the right decision at the right moment and you can beat any1.

YakFruit
02-12-2017, 05:29 PM
If you block their lights, they can't do anything. Block. Grab. Take your free hit. Repeat.

Gnarxly
02-12-2017, 07:06 PM
They can spam so quick, even if I hit them with wardens light attack and go into second light attack combo which is lightning fast, they can still hit me back inbetween these two attacks and prevent the second attack to ever land.

TienLung90
02-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Orochi or Peacekeeprs for the matter almost all use the same combos. Learn them and the common angles they use, and as soon as they are done, a simple quick, heavy, heavy usually evens the odds that they always run. Those that don't end up executed. You can even use this technic against the Nobushi too, but make sure you mix in a guardbreak in you combo's here and there.

Vikko2
02-13-2017, 10:15 AM
The stance rush attack always comes from the direction the blade is held in.

An Orochi's best combo is a multi-hit overhead combo, so focus on defending your upward stance.

If they are constantly using the sidestep slash, a guardbreak is almost always going to interrupt the sidestep so long as they haven't started the attack yet.

As for facing off against an Orochi who does a good job at mixing it all up, it'd be a lot harder but I think it's been pretty fair. Might need a little tweaking.