PDA

View Full Version : P2p servers and hosts leaving?

disabledgamerJH
02-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Read last week that the servers were gonna be P2P. Is that true and if so there should be a message about it in game telling people if they leave they ruin everyone's game (yes I know that might encourage some trolls to do it) Last night I got disconnected from 4 matches in a row. 2 matches I notice someone leave the second I got kicked

Note: I'm not a techie person so if there is a way to stay on when hosts leave I don't know it, be nice plz.

Tenmar
02-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Read last week that the servers were gonna be P2P. Is that true and if so there should be a message about it in game telling people if they leave they ruin everyone's game (yes I know that might encourage some trolls to do it) Last night I got disconnected from 4 matches in a row. 2 matches I notice someone leave the second I got kicked

Note: I'm not a techie person so if there is a way to stay on when hosts leave I don't know it, be nice plz.

Peer to peer means your and every person playing this game's computers are the servers. The difference is this does not follow a traditional peer to peer where a person's computer is the host. For this game, every computer is the host and everyone has to be synchronized. While this does negate the random person who becomes a host from disconnecting everyone by rage quitting, you now have it on a group scale. So all the cons from peer to peer still exist but it is exacerbated. So one person rage quitting or computer being on wireless and having that one moment of being "disconnected" could bring down others with them as well.

So there really isn't anything you can do but make sure you have everything set up properly on your end.

Which really sucks because this is a 3D fighting game and dedicated servers is what this game deserves to be successful and I truly believe that this game will fail because Ubisoft skimped out to save money and went peer to peer. Every great multiplayer game that went Peer to Peer failed because your average consumer is moving more towards wireless or don't have quality connection.