PDA

View Full Version : Too many cheesy ways to win

GreenRanger XI
02-12-2017, 05:40 AM
Literally everyone is just cheesing the guard break ability. I'm just equally good on all characters because of how ****ing over powered this ability is! It's nothing like grab in tekken/street fighter. It's just a whole new way to take like 40% damage off your opponents health. Don't even get me started on peacekeeper if she manages to get one guard break against you. I'm sure this wasn't intended right? Just make the window longer so people can counter it better, right now its just taking it in turns getting an overhead heavy in from guard break...

PendragonArtura
02-12-2017, 05:47 AM
Literally everyone is just cheesing the guard break ability. I'm just equally good on all characters because of how ****ing over powered this ability is! It's nothing like grab in tekken/street fighter. It's just a whole new way to take like 40% damage off your opponents health. Don't even get me started on peacekeeper if she manages to get one guard break against you. I'm sure this wasn't intended right? Just make the window longer so people can counter it better, right now its just taking it in turns getting an overhead heavy in from guard break...

Is this a joke ?!

Everytime I fail to counter a guard break, that's cause I push too fast on the button cause of reflex. And when you are too fast to counter, it don't count at all, and you are still grabbed. Same for parry, you have to take a coffee, look through the windows the sweety sky, think about your futur, THHEEEEN press the parry button.

I swear if they need to change a delay about counter, that's by shortening it !

Chark19
02-12-2017, 06:31 AM
Problem for me is I don't see the guard break warning. Think I could change it in settings or something?
Also, characters hidden from the compass/radar! If someone is above or below, it doesn't show up! Egads!

Gethseme
02-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Practice vs the Advanced Tutorial's first dummy bot. It ONLY guard breaks. Guard breaking is easy once you recognize the timing.

If you're not countering at least 70% of the guard breaks coming at you, you need more practice.

ButtR8peArtist
02-12-2017, 07:19 AM
Guard Break is the no.1 problem destroying balance, there's only a tiny counter window even reciever is aware and plan to do the counter(you can't), too easy to execute in close distance, and extremely efficient in deadly environment, if spamable mechanic being too efficent in any game= bad balance, UBI team didn't think is, and this problem haven't been fixed that since early closed beta.

Then there's dash attack immune window, completely stupid and wreck the fair tactic. and there's running speed issue with certain character ruin death match

PendragonArtura
02-12-2017, 07:21 AM
If that's a problem for you, just avoid the environemental death trap... That's stupid to say but that's true, nobody can push you from a cliff, if you stay far away from this cliff...

Naphta1ene.
02-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Problem for me is I don't see the guard break warning. Think I could change it in settings or something?
Also, characters hidden from the compass/radar! If someone is above or below, it doesn't show up! Egads!

Actually you do get a guard break warning. When an opponent guard breaks you, the "thuck" sound is the indicator that you should press x (or square) immediately. Thing is though, guard breaks are pretty fast and kinda tricky to handle.

Ryumanjisen
02-12-2017, 07:52 AM
I don't know the exact frame data, but I highly doubt you can counter a guard break on reaction. Learn the pattern of you enemy, predict the guard break and, as soon as you see they are guardbreaking you, spam the guard break button (the window is too small for me). Or, if you want to go risky, do a light attack.

RAMMZIE
02-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Spamming guard break isn't a problem when they do just expect the counter. However spamming the light without there having to be a pause in between chains eliminates the possibility of even getting a guard break

Rainbowsix876
02-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Actually you do get a guard break warning. When an opponent guard breaks you, the "thuck" sound is the indicator that you should press x (or square) immediately. Thing is though, guard breaks are pretty fast and kinda tricky to handle.

I don't know the exact frame data, but I highly doubt you can counter a guard break on reaction. Learn the pattern of you enemy, predict the guard break and, as soon as you see they are guardbreaking you, spam the guard break button (the window is too small for me). Or, if you want to go risky, do a light attack.

It's tricky to handle and it has not just to do with timing. For instance if you stand right in front of an opponent and not attacking at all and he/she perform a GB it sure is more about timing.
When people say spam, I can only refer to my own gameplay e.g. When an opponent use light attacks and GB like a chain. left light and GB, up light and GB, right light and GB, up light and GB. That is what I would call spam. They force you to change stance and then do GB:
On a controller it can be really really hard to do. You have to move your thumb to block, then GB, then block then GB.
I think it's unfair to say that, just use M+K then because GB can't be used when out of stamina. Why shouldn't it cost stamina to use then? That is my question.
I can't say if GB spam depends on inexperience from the players but it sure as hell can be enjoying, so can other attacks.