PDA

View Full Version : The real problems with Berserker

XJadeDragoonX
02-12-2017, 05:24 AM
The berserker is a great character. Its the character I main and im almost prestige 2 with him. I have a 72% win rate and a 4.3 KD. Just to establish I know exactly what I'm talking about before anyone tells me to git gud or that I'm speaking nonsense.

The berserkers real problem is that it is outclassed by the other assassins in pretty serious ways. Its not that he is bad, its that others do everything better. The peacekeeper had the bleed that we all know and love in addition to having heavy handed attacks with great mobility and crossups. I do believe that the Orochi is the best assassin though. He has everything. Now I'll just list off the stuff that makes the berserker possibly the lowest tier character in the game. Not saying this doesn't make him viable. I've personally proved that his shortcomings can be overcome. But still.

1. No unblock able attack. The other assassins have it. So why not?

2. Guaranteed damage. As in, he has none. The orochi has a guaranteed heavy off of a guard break. He also has super heavy damage if you get his storm rush. The pm has the obnoxious bleed off a grab.

3. Too predictable. The berserker moves right, guard that way. He tries to start his infinite combo, roll backwards. Unlike the other assassins, the berserker has to whittle away at you piece by piece because he doesn't have any REAL combos. I personally like to dash in, get my first heavy, then fake a heavy overhead into a guard break. But its not enough. Which leads me into the next point.

4. Low damage output. Its just a fact. A heavy from any other character just does more. Thats really all there is to it. An orochi can almost kill you in one combo with a storm rush start. Obviously is not the easiest move, but it's still guaranteed. The peacekeeper leap into a grab stab is about 60 percent of a berserker health. You have to literally slowly outplay and whittle down your opponent with your combos and dashes while other characters have tremendous bleeds or metric **** tons of damage. The berserker does have his heavy overhand. But its so slow that only a noob would get hit by it. Which leads me to my next point.

5. Too slow. The berserker attacks are so obnoxiously slow and telegraphed. You should be ashamed of yourself if you're playing at high level and get caught in anything the berserker has. You can just parry his first heavy and get your distance from him. Look at the standard light attack of any other character in this game. Most are so fast that you can barely block them. The berserker? Super slow. It makes engaging in combat with a sidestep almost mandatory. Youre not walking up to anyone and getting a light attack off. Not today. Not tomorrow.

6. Range. The berserker had pretty **** range. This isn't really a problem though. But this more or less blends with the above point. The character with the shortest range should probably have the fastest attacks. But he doesnt. The Kensei or nobushi aren't even assassins and can begin their combos probably twice as fast without requiring to dodge an incoming attack first. Its pretty nonsensical.

7. No unblockable. Every character in the game has an unblock able move.... except the berserker.

But what do you guys think? I still love the berserker and hes been my main for every beta and I rip people to absolute shreds with him. But ill probably end up mailing the valkyrie because he doesn't offer enough at the highest level of play

davedxd
02-12-2017, 05:30 AM
i can only tell you to ''git good'', im a great peacekeeper and most of the time i dont have problems against zerkers, cause the PLAYERS SUCK, there was only one zerker that kicked the **** out of me..and he was very good..

XJadeDragoonX
02-12-2017, 05:36 AM
I never really have problems with peacekeepers. I'm so used to playing them. But they definitely have more tools than the berserker. I had a game that I just played to showcase high level berserker gameplay but my ps4 didn't save it when I told it to and I didn't notice

Trueno117
02-12-2017, 05:37 AM
admit berserker has ***king short range

davedxd
02-12-2017, 05:39 AM
I never really have problems with peacekeepers. I'm so used to playing them. But they definitely have more tools than the berserker. I had a game that I just played to showcase high level berserker gameplay but my ps4 didn't save it when I told it to and I didn't notice

people keep talking about how piecekeeper is op, or have more tools than other assassins, wtf, i hate when i have peacekeepers on my team..and love when theres orochi and zerker