PDA

View Full Version : In game chat for pc

Mid_Evil
02-12-2017, 03:09 AM
Is there going to be some sort of in group chat at launch for groups in pvp or anything? Or are we going to have to use a second party program. If there is going to be an in game system do not use the one dragon age inquisition used. That was horrible. 6 months in it still didn't work and nobody in charge of forums would even aknowledge any post about it. The question is being asked for the PC version of coarse as xbox one and playstation have their stuff built in.

Exterium
02-12-2017, 03:29 AM
If you are talking about voice chat, I can't see why could you preffer to use a crappy in game voice chat when you have discord/mumble/ts, specially discord, you can set up a server in two clicks and it's free.

If you are talking about text chat, there's a text chat in the game already.

Mr.Heaven-
02-12-2017, 03:31 AM
Is there going to be some sort of in group chat at launch for groups in pvp or anything? Or are we going to have to use a second party program. If there is going to be an in game system do not use the one dragon age inquisition used. That was horrible. 6 months in it still didn't work and nobody in charge of forums would even aknowledge any post about it. The question is being asked for the PC version of coarse as xbox one and playstation have their stuff built in.

On PC there is an in-game chat and you can access it by pressing T. You can change the recipient by pressing TAB and can chose between "Team", "All" and "Group".
I actually don't know if it exists an in-game chat on consoles.

Mid_Evil
02-12-2017, 05:12 AM
If you are talking about voice chat, I can't see why could you preffer to use a crappy in game voice chat when you have discord/mumble/ts, specially discord, you can set up a server in two clicks and it's free.

If you are talking about text chat, there's a text chat in the game already.

Yes I was speaking of voice chat. But if we had one that came up with the game you could just talk to teammates even if they aren't a buddy that has your discord/mumble/ts info.