PDA

View Full Version : Need confirm conqueror is op.

badbadfishy
02-12-2017, 03:03 AM
I've tried guard breaking him. My range is to short, his guard break is faster and it leaves me right in range for his mace. He's fast, does massive damage, and blocks attacks even if he isn't blocking them. You can't parry him you can't get a combo in on him. He is a Tanky fortress I can't penetrate. Is this only me? I haven't seen a single word about him being op. Guard breaks take to long and he just smashes me with the mace before I can land it. Can I get a confirm or a few opinions before I post this on suggestions.

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 03:06 AM
It is very possible to guard break him. It is possible to land combos on him, but he does have a skill that allows him to block damage from all angles.

You can also very much parry his attacks.

Drekle
02-12-2017, 03:09 AM
what are you playing as?

eskimoform
02-12-2017, 03:10 AM
he has a solid defense, but overall is slow. dont be afraid to use plenty of light attacks as openers and be ready to parry any heavies he throws.
the game is about anticipating your opponent and it sounds like you are mostly getting a bunch of bad reads.

Mid_Evil
02-12-2017, 03:12 AM
He is a little overpowered in my opinion. Tanky classes in all other games have lower attack and are slower but not here. Both shield classes have it all. They arent that big of a deal for my raider but my Nobushi is another story. Would rather run and come back to him later depending on game mode of coarse.
Edit: They do not have much for reach. I suppose that should be mentioned. Although keeping them at a distance is definitely not easy.

Archaous
02-12-2017, 03:16 AM
If there is no human error to the defensiveness of the Conqueror then yes he is impossible to kill. same can be said about every class, but its alot easier to pull off if the class has a shield and the super block stance thing, and alot harder to pull off as an assassin class with your blocks up time having a second limit on it before it self centers and takes your block down.

The only possible way to kill him legit if his defense is perfect enough to counter all of your shield bashes, as-well as blocking every possible incoming attack from you is to get un-blockable attacks off or perfectly counter attack him (block his attack and just as it lands, dodge into the direction that the attack is coming from, while also pressing Left or Right mouse button to get the counter attack off, *side note some classes dont have a counter attack in their combo kit so this will not work for all classes*)

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 03:22 AM
what are you playing as?

Berserker

Boudusei
02-12-2017, 04:08 AM
Conqueror light attack is probably the weakest in the game, he also barely has any combo's at all and can't feint to bypass people that know how to properly parry.
All in all I'd say Conqueror is only good to bash total noobs but falls of a lot at higher level.

Drekle
02-12-2017, 04:10 AM
Berserker

Feint paired with lots of light attacks and your zone should do fairly well against conqueror IMO.

Trueno117
02-12-2017, 04:57 AM
agree. warlord is also op

Karma_Ghost
02-12-2017, 05:27 AM
You have to approach this fight a little differently from others due to superior block. Conqueror does have a number of weakness.

1. Conqueror is slow and perhaps more importantly has very poor range management. Besides sprinting, there's really no good way of closing distances, or escaping for that matter.
2. If your opponents' thumbs are on the stick, they aren't on the guard break button. If they're countering, feint a heavy to get their thumbs off GB.
3. With the exception of the charged heavy, attacks are weak.
4. Full block is a massive waste of stamina. In my experience (rep2) it was really only useful for getting revenge.
5. Shield bashes, especially the sprinting charge, are slow. Dodge these and punish.

Cliffle
02-12-2017, 05:42 AM
Conqueror is a noob stomper. Take that as you will.

EmoKilla13
02-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Everyone complaining about warlord and conqueror being OP are not fighting against them correctly.......I main as a warlord and when I see people trying to double team me with attacks and hit me with guard breaks I just laugh!!!!!

Warlord and conqueror's biggest downfall is SPEED!!!!! I constantly get annihilated by peacekeepers & orochi......and it's from quick light attacks......your heavy attacks I will only block and end up in revenge. You have to fight every character differently. Stop crying and learn each classes strength and weakness!!!!

Nomir2016
02-12-2017, 06:07 AM
Nah, he is not op. But he is good vs Berserker. I swear you are one of those berserker players who are spaming those jumps attack all the time :D Go to custom game, set enemy Conqueror bot to level 3 and practice ;)

The_Quieter
02-12-2017, 06:16 AM
OP can typically stand for two things. Overpowered and overplayed. As in, the overpowered characters will always be overplayed.

Conqs are one of the least played characters.

Consider that carefully.

Butonfly
02-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Record your gameplay, upload it, and link it here. We can review it and offer advice.

I play Berserker. Conq does take the wind out of the Berserkers sails, but zerk isnt helpless.

ButtR8peArtist
02-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Conquer is only good at vs squishy characters 1 vs 1 wise, so no, not even close for being OPed