PDA

View Full Version : Balance!

NinjaShack
02-12-2017, 02:32 AM
I feel the balance of this game is really broken.
Is there a balance patch coming to this on release of the game on Tuesday? lets be honest, this game is literally already complete, the BETA is somewhat a balance patch right now.

Parry is really glitchy - especially since theres latency that cause a split minute of a difference in reaction.
The Guard Break is really random - I've been stunned during a heavy attack, yet I never seem to be able to stun them unless they are in Guard mode (like it should be)
Blocking seems to never work against duo melee classes.

Duo melee classes are just out right broken.
The viking charge is spammable with 0 efffect to stamina.

Knights are overall too powerful, with moderate attack speed.
The "Peace Keeper" class is just outfight broken - its a cheap, play to win class.

I never seem to see Vikings lose any stamina although they are able to non stop run, or spam a massive combo of attacks.
The vikings can side step and swipe repeatedly and non stop, with no loss to stamina. This actually happens a lot in 1v1 duels no matter what class you are, they action and spam it, your dead. You cant roll away either or they just sync up with your new position.

The Samurai Orochi is spammable too, with no counter play but a heavy parry, which never works - ever.

I understand this is a BETA - but, I believe already there's scripters on the PC scene, and you can actually see them in action on youtube.
I feel that the samurai are in a unbalanced place, they are fine fighting one another but when its to knights and vikings, they are losing.

I spent ages in practise and spent ages practising parry and blocking in 1v1 customs with friends, I can do it quite well.

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 02:58 AM
Please tell me your joking with this level of ignorance. Glad you have played all these classes to at least level 10 so you can make these assumptions!!! No.

Why do these people make ignorant f*cling posts when they don't know sh!t

Salt_is_Real
02-12-2017, 03:03 AM
I feel the balance of this game is really broken.
Is there a balance patch coming to this on release of the game on Tuesday? lets be honest, this game is literally already complete, the BETA is somewhat a balance patch right now.

Parry is really glitchy - especially since theres latency that cause a split minute of a difference in reaction.
The Guard Break is really random - I've been stunned during a heavy attack, yet I never seem to be able to stun them unless they are in Guard mode (like it should be)
Blocking seems to never work against duo melee classes.

Duo melee classes are just out right broken.
The viking charge is spammable with 0 efffect to stamina.

Knights are overall too powerful, with moderate attack speed.
The "Peace Keeper" class is just outfight broken - its a cheap, play to win class.

I never seem to see Vikings lose any stamina although they are able to non stop run, or spam a massive combo of attacks.
The vikings can side step and swipe repeatedly and non stop, with no loss to stamina. This actually happens a lot in 1v1 duels no matter what class you are, they action and spam it, your dead. You cant roll away either or they just sync up with your new position.

The Samurai Orochi is spammable too, with no counter play but a heavy parry, which never works - ever.

I understand this is a BETA - but, I believe already there's scripters on the PC scene, and you can actually see them in action on youtube.
I feel that the samurai are in a unbalanced place, they are fine fighting one another but when its to knights and vikings, they are losing.

I spent ages in practise and spent ages practising parry and blocking in 1v1 customs with friends, I can do it quite well.

If you mean Raider as a Viking, then bad new for you, 3 hit heavy combo cost Raider 80% stamina, if you swipe one more time you are done.

your other complains are just your lack of skill, sorry.

BTW game canīt be balanced until all characters do the same thing. And lets be honest it woudnīt be rly that much fun to play. So stop QQ and play more.

Salt_is_Real
02-12-2017, 03:06 AM
Please tell me your joking with this level of ignorance. Glad you have played all these classes to at least level 10 so you can make these assumptions!!! No.

Why do these people make ignorant f*cling posts when they don't know sh!t

Cuz they have to learn how to play it, and its sooo hard, they want to win without trying...........btw great idea for the game, you join into the match, then Victory screen shows up and you got bambilion of points and achievment.

NinjaShack
02-12-2017, 03:47 AM
my lack of playing. HAHAHAHA

okay, automatically show your ignorance of attitude by instantly flaming.
Great community. I have been playing since the start of the beta release.
Rep 1..hrm nothing?

Unless the guys whom i played against were cheating, I saw no stamina loss of see-able affect.
my lack of skill, sure thing, when you block and the icon said you block, it makes the "ching" but it doesn't do any blocking,
the parry, it works fine in 1v1 customs matches, but in MM, it seemingly never works.

please don't instantly doubt what others say or what I say. With your own stuck up rudeness. Learn that im talking from gaming experiences - go play to CS GO if you want to be a rude ignorant player.

what matters is im taking the classes into account, and giving feedback - they are broken, they need fixed. Its not "just me" with "the ignorant F**king posts" kids, this is a respected feed back of at least 20 or so people I have talked too about this. They say the same thing, duo weapons are broken, too fast, too much damage, less stamina taken.

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 03:52 AM

Rep 1..hrm nothing?

Unless the guys whom i played against were cheating, I saw no stamina loss of see-able affect.
my lack of skill, sure thing, when you block and the icon said you block, it makes the "ching" but it doesn't do any blocking,
the parry, it works fine in 1v1 customs matches, but in MM, it seemingly never works.

please don't instantly doubt what others say or what I say. With your own stuck up rudeness. Learn that im talking from gaming experiences - go play to CS GO if you want to be a rude ignorant player.

what matters is im taking the classes into account, and giving feedback - they are broken, they need fixed. Its not "just me" with "the ignorant F**king posts" kids, this is a respected feed back of at least 20 or so people I have talked too about this. They say the same thing, duo weapons are broken, too fast, too much damage, less stamina taken.

If you have been playing for so long then please....Use the proper class names so we know wtf you are talking about. I do not know if you are talking about a raider or a berserker. Which if you are I can only do three headsplitter attacks (which is the jumping overhead attack) and I am out of stamina.

So for someone who played so much your observational skills such.

Boudusei
02-12-2017, 07:35 PM

Rep 1..hrm nothing?

you are pretty funny. A lot of your stuff sounds silly to me except for peacekeeper being overpowered. That one is simply true

skrillazoe
02-12-2017, 07:43 PM
They are going to sh*t on you either way dude because they are so "pro". It would be better if you guys stop showing who's e-peen is bigger and give the people who are complaining about balance tips. All I see[on these forums] is negativity towards people who are learning/trying to play. Break it down for them, show them the ropes, give them tips...help them get better!

ILuvUrMovies
02-12-2017, 09:26 PM
I'd agree some tweaks might be nice but I don't think the balancing is really that broken. I'm Rep 2 and played in Alpha, Closed Beta, and now the Open beta and find that you can beat every character but you do have to change up your strategy.

1. "Parry is really glitch" - I don't disagree, but I counter it by never parrying on the first light attack. I block and wait for the 2nd or 3rd in the chain so I can get my timing or I wait for a Heavy attack because they're much easier to parry. You have to weigh Risk/Reward.

2. "The Guard Break is really random - I've been stunned during a heavy attack" - I haven't experienced this one and maybe there was latency and the stun was initiated first? Either way I stun less while they're blocking because it can be countered. I usually try to knock them of balance with an attack first or try to catch them off guard when they're blocking.

3. "Blocking seems to never work against duo melee classes." - Yes, it can be difficult especially if you're using a slower class but I wouldn't say it "never works". Speed and anticipation is the key. If you're still having trouble change up the dynamic of the fight...distance yourself and attack, use dodge more, look for terrain that limits their attacks.

4. "The viking charge is spammable with 0 efffect to stamina." - It's a fact that you're going to get caught by this at some point but everything in this game has a counter. If you have someone spamming you just spam the counter until they realize they have to use another tactic. Or, just create some space and slow down the encounter.

5. "Knights are overall too powerful, with moderate attack speed." - Not much to say on this because I don't agree. They do hit hard but only if you let them.

6. "The "Peace Keeper" class is just outfight broken - its a cheap, play to win class." - I want to agree with this one but I'll just stay I would like to see some tweaks. I would say I die far more to this class than any other but it's usually because I'm overreaching and not slowing down the fight. The peacekeeper is extremely fast and I get caught by the light attack spammers constantly. So a light attack stick and move approach is more affective for me. Also, try to get in a decent combo right off the bat...If I don't, I accept I'm probably going to die or it's going to be a long fight. haha

7. " I never seem to see Vikings lose any stamina although they are able to non stop run, or spam a massive combo of attacks.
The vikings can side step and swipe repeatedly and non stop, with no loss to stamina. This actually happens a lot in 1v1 duels no matter what class you are, they action and spam it, your dead. You cant roll away either or they just sync up with your new position." - I'm going to guess you're mostly talking about the Raider. It is a class that is meant for the more inexperienced hence it being listed as "Difficulty: Easy". So if you have an experienced person using him it can be annoying. I'd say, gear up your block damage resistance, be patient, and parry those haymakers...you can see them coming from a mile away. For the Warlord...block block block, light attack, block block block, light attack, block block block, maybe get a stun, light attack, heavy attack and hope you've moved that mountain. haha

8. "The Samurai Orochi is spammable too, with no counter play but a heavy parry, which never works - ever." - I think the Orochi is in a good place in the open beta...In the alpha he was OP. Honestly I parry the Orochi constantly and I also find it the best means of defeating him. However again, I don't try to parry every attach. Block the first 1 or 2 then go for it.

About the only classes you didn't mention are the Nobushi and the Kensei so I'm going to guess one of those is your primary. I personally use the Kensei. As a Vanguard, he's not stellar at any one thing but is very well rounded and fits my play style. I might suggest him as a class for you if you're not already, but ultimately you have to find a character that works with your natural fighting style or you're going to continue to feel like everyone is OP.

Oh and as far as your parry. You might already understand this but, it's about hitting their weapon in the middle of the swing. That means the timing will be different against every class. I miss my parry on Raiders all the time because I hit it to fast. I think of it like a baseball...fastball, fastball, and here comes the change up...wait for it...wait for it

Hopefully this helps a bit and Samurai rule the faction war! Ha Ha....couldn't help myself.