PDA

View Full Version : Fun Game, but guardbreak is broken

GreenRanger XI
02-12-2017, 02:17 AM
Firstly I know how to stop a guard-break, but it's difficult to do as we're humans not robots. Eventually you land one or receive one. Even when I tell my friend to do it as I try and stop it it still doesn't work. I find many Knights use this strategy online. Can the window be shortened for when to counter a guard-break? Sometimes you get in battles which is just back and forth guard-break heavy attack and it promotes boring game play.

Tharrisonne
02-12-2017, 02:21 AM
Agreed. The reaction window needs to be larger. Even if they changed it depending on class, I'd be happy. I understand that it's a necessary game mechanic, but it shouldn't be the unavoidable be-all-end-all that it currently is.

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 02:30 AM
How do you "abuse" a mechanic? Is there a rule you can only use it so much?

Also just like with everything else it can get better with practice. I did a custom match with a level 3 bot to practice my guard breaks. It is so much easier once it becomes almost muscle memory.

eskimoform
02-12-2017, 02:57 AM
try attacking
this is basic fighting game rps

Father_Giliam
02-12-2017, 03:08 AM
The highly skilled players disagree. Many that play at the higher tier say that guard break becomes rather useless, as most players at thag skill level counter it almost every time. To be honest, I'm mediocre at it and I can still counter guardbreaks fairly regularly. I'de be able to do it more if I had an elite controller.

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 03:26 AM
You keep using an ability that is overpowered. Guardbreak.

My infinite combo kills lots of people. Must be overpowered should I stop using that?

Dezlow-
02-12-2017, 03:29 AM
Switch guardbreak from square to Right thumbstick = wayyy easier to GB counter.

You will need to do this in the PS4 settings.

ExSiNz
02-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Right now Guardbreak is bugged on the Xbox One. I tested it with a friend of mine for 1 hour straight. I tried the Super Fast Smash X tech. Ended up Countering Guardbreak 1/4 of time 2/4 of time my enemy guardbreak me and the 1/4 I saw myself try to go a guardbreak (the animation) while my enemy already grabed me and is currently throwing me off a cliff.

After that I tried to be reactionary without him telling me when he'd do that. About the same result happen. 2/4 of the time I got bugged.

Then he made a countdown to when he would guardbreak (Arguably the easiest to do) Guess what? The same result happen.... Half the time It bugged.

What you see on screen : You Character Try to guardbreak while the enemy is already guardbreaking you, that animation actually do nothing for you.

That my friend is GAME BREAKING. Also you cannot change keybinding (At least on xbox one) so your doomed to press X (Which is far from the best tbh) in order to counter guardbreak whilst you have to keep your thumb on the joystick in order to block sucessfully.

To be honest, this game is great the combat mechanics is also great but there are MAJOR flaws in it. For exemple Conqueror and Warden both got an Infinite Combo that let you get 2 free light attack in without ANY counter play since the opponent cannot block the light attack (He's staggered at those moment) and he also cannot dodge it on some maps.

But what makes me sad the most is how a claymore, A war axe, a flail or even a shoulder or shield bash all have more range than a ****ing Spear?? That is (In real life) physically impossible.....