PDA

View Full Version : What the **** is wrong with ur servers ubisoft??

RTHabibity
02-12-2017, 01:54 AM
Ubisoft with the experience with what I had with such little game play because of YOUR servers is making me think twice for buying this game. You put out a beta and expect us to play and give information on what wrong with it or not but FIRST give us ******* playable servers! Its the SAME with rainbow six siege. I would have to invite my friend multiple times for them to join the team, its disgusting and you have made no progress from it. I'd advise you to fix your server issue first before anything else so we can actually play the ******* games.

Salt_is_Real
02-12-2017, 01:56 AM
Ubisoft with the experience with what I had with such little game play because of YOUR servers is making me think twice for buying this game. You put out a beta and expect us to play and give information on what wrong with it or not but FIRST give us ******* playable servers! Its the SAME with rainbow six siege. I would have to invite my friend multiple times for them to join the team, its disgusting and you have made no progress from it. I'd advise you to fix your server issue first before anything else so we can actually play the ******* games.

Why dont you offer a solution, you probably know how to fix it..........

CritBull
02-12-2017, 02:01 AM
Hello just providing some feedback. I don't know what has happened to the game in this Open Beta testing. I played the closed beta and did not have any problems at all and thought the game was great and ordered a Gold Edition for PC. Anyhow this Open beta is a different story. My game keeps crashing every time I try and play the multiplayer and the other duel modes. Is this because of more player pressure on the P2P system? Is this a problem with many players on a P2P system? I don't know but this Open Beta for me has not been enjoyable to play and very frustrating. I am yet to get a PVP game since the Open beta started and very disappointed at the moment. It seems as though I am restricted to only playing practice mode. Another problem even in practice mode I am noticing is that it is laggy and many of my mouse and keyboard selections are being ignored.

Is anyone else having any similar issues. I had none of these issues in the closed beta. If For Hone at game launch is going to be the same I will be requesting a refund. Any advice helpful. I have not changed anything since the closed beta.

Drekle
02-12-2017, 02:12 AM
Guys... you have a 1/8th chance that the P2P system will work in your favor...

Tillo.
02-12-2017, 07:16 AM
I didn't have problems during closed beta, now I do have problems playing open beta. Dunno what have they changed but it is not cool.
Furthermore, an online game getting paused everytime someone disconnects is annoying.
I really hope this won't be happening on February 14th.

devoncrouse
02-12-2017, 07:29 AM

Its not his job to offer a sollution he is the end User and they want him to spend his money on their game. The Matchmaking seems to be their greatest issue atm and as a beta tester he is supposed to come here and report issues so they can fix it. your stupid comment makes no sense at all. If the game releases in 2 days with this matchmaking system then i promise you this game will drop hard very quickly. I for one wont buy it till they sort it out even though its a really fun game imo.

RTHabibity
02-12-2017, 08:42 AM

well its not my ****ing job is it?

Duuklah
02-12-2017, 09:04 AM
They literally assign one of the players to host the game.

No servers.

It's a joke.

P2P to save money then charge us $80 bucks Canadian for this garbo.

Oh wait it includes 20 hours of Single player with 8 moves vs dumb AI.. So much fun!

Duuk

Karma_Ghost
02-12-2017, 09:38 AM
You guys really need to read the blue posts before complaining.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571773-Q-amp-A-on-For-Honor-s-Online-System

Knight_Gregor
02-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Do you believe everything you read, just because it's a "blue post?"

Yes - they claim that no one is the host and everyone shares the load. So why are people still experiencing problems? The aggressor still has the advantage. And the game still resets itself (or crashes) when some people leave and not others. Why?

Have you noticed what the game says when you join a duel or brawl? "XXXX has joined XXXX's session. If there is no host. Why?

At least have a mind of your own concerning this.

devoncrouse
02-12-2017, 10:24 AM
You guys really need to read the blue posts before complaining.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571773-Q-amp-A-on-For-Honor-s-Online-System

The Technical mumbo jumbo soesnt interest me at all. all that matters is when i play the game what do i experience and that is whyI said in my comment I hope they can fix this in time for launch otherwise it will badly hurt the game. the game itself is fun and i enjoy it but just saying they will fix it wont make me buy it so for now sorry Ubisoft im not buying your game till i know that your P2P system is working properly. I dont care how it works Im not a Developer i only care that it works and at the moment it doesnt

Pyav
02-12-2017, 10:26 AM
I haven't experienced any real server issues in either test. I have not had games drop or any real lag.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 10:53 AM
I didn't have problems during closed beta, now I do have problems playing open beta. Dunno what have they changed but it is not cool.
Furthermore, an online game getting paused everytime someone disconnects is annoying.
I really hope this won't be happening on February 14th.

There stress testing the server before the game comes out on the 14th i wouldn't worry to much about it to be honest.

Karma_Ghost
02-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Do you believe everything you read, just because it's a "blue post?"

Yes - they claim that no one is the host and everyone shares the load. So why are people still experiencing problems? The aggressor still has the advantage. And the game still resets itself (or crashes) when some people leave and not others. Why?

Have you noticed what the game says when you join a duel or brawl? "XXXX has joined XXXX's session. If there is no host. Why?

At least have a mind of your own concerning this.

Devs explain the system and you automatically assume it's a lie? Guess you won't believe the connection issues, mostly caused by poor matchmaking, are being worked on then. Keep your tinfoil hat handy.

You join X person's "session" because that was the first name in the list. Each player is directly connected to every other player. EVERYONE IS HOST.

The game stops when any player isn't synchronized, because everyone is directly connected. Furthermore, the game doesn't crash because someone leaves. It crashes when people join or desync. Closed beta was actually more stable but had worse connections because it was connecting people to the wrong regions. The changes to latency and NAT checks are likely causing the problems. I've played a number of games where I was last to join and when everyone else left, the game carried on without any stoppages.

Attacks have advantage over defenses precisely because everyone is directly connected. If there was a single host, then that person would have an attack and defense advantage, and everyone else would just have slower responses for everything.

Consider the implications of the system before dismissing it offhand. You clearly don't understand what's happening, but you would if you would just read the blue posts.

Lord_Binz
02-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Ive been perfectly fine. 2 dropped games out of 100+ over the weekend.

Pity you havent had the same experience.

Knight_Gregor
02-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Devs explain the system and you automatically assume it's a lie? Guess you won't believe the connection issues, mostly caused by poor matchmaking, are being worked on then. Keep your tinfoil hat handy.

You join X person's "session" because that was the first name in the list. Each player is directly connected to every other player. EVERYONE IS HOST.

The game stops when any player isn't synchronized, because everyone is directly connected. Furthermore, the game doesn't crash because someone leaves. It crashes when people join or desync. Closed beta was actually more stable but had worse connections because it was connecting people to the wrong regions. The changes to latency and NAT checks are likely causing the problems. I've played a number of games where I was last to join and when everyone else left, the game carried on without any stoppages.

Attacks have advantage over defenses precisely because everyone is directly connected. If there was a single host, then that person would have an attack and defense advantage, and everyone else would just have slower responses for everything.

Consider the implications of the system before dismissing it offhand. You clearly don't understand what's happening, but you would if you would just read the blue posts.

And you clearly are trying very hard to justify their decisions. You're taking the words "Host advantage," too literally. We get that no single person has an advantage over everyone else. It's bad enough when one person is hosting. They've essentially just put paper over the cracks and made the p2p system needlessly more complicated. Now that "Everyone is host," we have a lot more potential points for packet loss and degradation. We have no idea what kind of hysteresis the descync is set for, nor how much data is degraded before it corrects itself.

You really shouldn't take everything they say as gospel.