PDA

View Full Version : The reason why Peacekeepers are OP

Gottesprach
02-12-2017, 01:50 AM
Because they give you no reason to play an Orochi or Zerk outside of esthetics.

Light attacks? Same dmg as Orochi, higher than Zerk lights, can chain lights (zerks dont)
Attack speed? Higher than Zerk or Orochi.
Guard Break punish? Better than both, (stab stab stab is better than side heavy (zerk) or top heavy/double light (roach)
Heavies? Same damage as Orochi, less damage than Zerk top, (you landed one?!? LOL)
HP? Same as Zerk and Orochi.
Initiation? Dashing heavy is similar to Zerk, more dmg than zerk light dash, less than heavy, faster than both at cost of armor. Storm rush more versatile imo.
Parry Punish? Again, better than Orochi or Zerk (stab stab stab)
Defense? Parries the same, blocks the same, dodges the same. Deflects similar to Roach, situationally better than Zerk, (Zerk deflect better for ledging).

Is she unkillable? LOL NO.
Is she insta-win? LOL NO.
BUT IS SHE BETTER OBJECTIVELY THAN THE OTHER TWO ASSASSINS? YES, ACCORDING TO MATH.
That's the definition of OP.

davedxd
02-12-2017, 01:55 AM
im a peacekeeper, and i dont lose games frequently, its very rare for me to lose a 1v1 or even 2v1 situations, and i can say that i found a single berserker player that kicked the **** out of me, it was close to 50-50 w/l, its just too soon for ppl to judge the classes, srsly, learn first, cry later, ive seen at least one player of each class give me a hard time..

DaimyoMidas
02-12-2017, 02:09 AM
I completely agree with some of ur points. I think her attack speed is the problem. Her animations do not allow this attack speed, because you can't see her attack due to the animation being basicly a forward stab and not a side slash. And the warning sign is so fast you don't get to block in time. I personally don't have that big of a issue with the guard break. Fine give her a good stabbing guard break whatever everyone has a super awesome move in their bag of tricks. But her attack speed makes it too easy for her to get that guard break. If she gets close, which she will eventually be if you want to fight her unless you are a nobushi. She gets close she will attack you and you usually get to block it if you are prepared, but you only need to miss one block for it all to go south. She will attack you left and right before you can react, followed by a unblockable, a grab that then stabs you for atleast 25% health depending on the hero, and then she disengages. And since she is fast than literally anyone else, and can just keep dodging back to avoid you. There is no way to punish her for losing her stamina bar after doing her full combo. And she will regain her stamina while you are thinking about what she is gonna do next. A SMART PEACEKEEPER WON'T LUNGE UNLESS YOU TURN UR BACK. Now you have to worry about them going for a grab kill or, a sidestab stab, or regular stab. Whilst you have to be aware of any enemy player that might jump you from behind. Maybe no in duel, but worrying about the pk alone at that point is a problem. She is the only hero I have ever had a problem with in this game. When any other class wins against me, I admit defeat, they bested me. But when its a peacekeeper I just feel cheated. There are good pks yes, but it means nothing to me because they are playing pk. The most annoying stupid class in the game. I have faced some good pks that admitted to me that they know they are a bs class. But those people that are in denial thinking that the pk does not have severe issues. It is the attack speed. nerf the attack speed. And ill feel less cheated about getting beaten by a pk. You can say countering her guard break is easy, and I will admit i do have issues doing that at times. But when I am able to get them off I do notice her drop in damage. But the fact that missing one guard break gets you so ****ed whilst worrying about her ridiculous attack speed makes it a cheap free damage skill.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-12-2017, 02:15 AM
Honestly, I think you just have to learn to play the game.

You know you can block all 3 stabs of their guard break?
They have terrible throw distance, terrible.
You know how predictable their lunge attack is to parry? Its always a top down attack, and a free parry.
They are the sofest target, they are terrible when fighting 2 or more people. The worst character in this area.
They have the weakest weapons.
When they parry you to ground, their heavy attack is laughably weak, compared to all the other characters (like warden etc..) who can take away half of your health in one swing.
Deflects are truly garbage. A successful deflect is roughly 109% the damage of a light attack, and thats damage over time, and you have to take an insanely big risk to deal that ~9% extra damage. Purely garbage move, that no experienced player would ever consider using.

She is fast, so shes good at punishing total noobs/buttonmashers that dont even know the buttons yet, like youve clearly demonstrated by not even knowing how to block her guardbreak stab.

She needs some area where she excells, considering she is both the softest and weakest player, bad against groups, bad against knocked down enemies, worse revenge mode due to low health and slow revenge build up means shell get less compared to tankier characters, a bad throw that barely moves people a few feet, bad at AOE clearing of minion soldiers, her blocks need to be timed instead of holding a guard stance, gets wrecked the most by orochis bow/catapult strikes etc due to low health. So to balance this they gave her speed, a decent (but very predictable) lunge attack and a neat grab move. Your basically asking to unbalace the game because you got smashed by not knowing how to play yet.

Just parry her lunge or guard high.
Keep an eye out for her guard breaks, but even if you fail in hitting one button, again just block her stabs, and you wont be thrown far either.
PARRY HER. and then just kill her on the ground, Done.

davedxd
02-12-2017, 02:16 AM
poor babies, they think they know what they are talking about, u guys can actually go to custom matches and 1v1 a peacekeeper bot lvl 3 till u guys can kill her without getting hit most of the times =D then you are ready to kill peacekeeper players..at least the casual or a little advanced ones..

Gottesprach
02-12-2017, 02:32 AM
Whats funny is few of you actually READ THE POST.
She's the "softest"? No, she has the SAME HP AS THE OTHER ASSASSINS.
She has "terrible throw distance"? No, its the SAME AS THE OTHER ASSASSINS.
She has the "Weakest Weapons?" WTF does that even mean?!? No she doesn't, her "weapons" have nothing to do with her DAMAGE, which is equal or better than the OTHER ASSASSINS.

I need to L2Play? Nah I know how to play, but again, since ya'll can't ****ing read apparently, the point I am making is SHE IS BETTER OBJECTIVELY THAN THE OTHER TWO ASSASSINS. Can I beat her as my Warlord? Ha LOL yes it's an EZ win. Can I beat her as my Kensei? LOL yeah range OP.

BUT WHY WOULD I PLAY AS ZERK OR OROCHI WHEN PK DOES ALL THEY DO BUT BETTER?!?

Thats what OP means. Not that she's unbeatable, not that I personally can't beat her, BUT THAT SHE IS JUST FRANKLY BETTER THAN THE OTHER CHARACTERS IN HER CLASS.

God I thought reading comprehension was still taught in school. I guess not.

davedxd
02-12-2017, 02:42 AM
Whats funny is few of you actually READ THE POST.
She's the "softest"? No, she has the SAME HP AS THE OTHER ASSASSINS.
She has "terrible throw distance"? No, its the SAME AS THE OTHER ASSASSINS.
She has the "Weakest Weapons?" WTF does that even mean?!? No she doesn't, her "weapons" have nothing to do with her DAMAGE, which is equal or better than the OTHER ASSASSINS.

I need to L2Play? Nah I know how to play, but again, since ya'll can't ****ing read apparently, the point I am making is SHE IS BETTER OBJECTIVELY THAN THE OTHER TWO ASSASSINS. Can I beat her as my Warlord? Ha LOL yes it's an EZ win. Can I beat her as my Kensei? LOL yeah range OP.

BUT WHY WOULD I PLAY AS ZERK OR OROCHI WHEN PK DOES ALL THEY DO BUT BETTER?!?

Thats what OP means. Not that she's unbeatable, not that I personally can't beat her, BUT THAT SHE IS JUST FRANKLY BETTER THAN THE OTHER CHARACTERS IN HER CLASS.

God I thought reading comprehension was still taught in school. I guess not.

orochi and zerker can be just as efficient as peacekeeper, actually i would love if every match ppl picked more zerker instead of orochi and peacekeeper on my team..