PDA

View Full Version : What is the most overpowered class?

Drekle
02-12-2017, 01:05 AM
Cant edit poll. Warlord not Warlock.

Linkerino
02-12-2017, 01:09 AM
STRONGEST class? Peacekeeper hands down (imo).

Keylen1990
02-12-2017, 01:14 AM
Yea - Peacekeeper - and every other light class. Simply outhit you and you cant counter it

GewaltSam
02-12-2017, 01:20 AM
I'm especially shocked about the damage over time the warlock can do. And don't get me started on his infernals...
Others seem fine to me, though.

Gunner11Mendez
02-12-2017, 01:20 AM
Yea - Peacekeeper - and every other light class. Simply outhit you and you cant counter it

Yes, yes you can. EVERYTHING, including "unblockables," can be dodged/parried (counters). Just need to learn how to do it homie.

I main Nobu & Conk.

I still think Orochi is the most OP class...**** that bro.

Sykoink
02-12-2017, 01:22 AM
I'm especially shocked about the damage over time the warlock can do. And don't get me started on his infernals...

Haha nice.

Drekle
02-12-2017, 01:24 AM
I think it will be interesting if this poll appears pretty balanced...

Altair_Snake
02-12-2017, 01:28 AM
I'm so surprised people are finding PK to be above Orochi.

RaidoKnight
02-12-2017, 01:29 AM
Where is the option "there is no OP character" ?
braindead-poll.

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 01:33 AM
I donīt think any class is overpowered, I think that conqueror needs to be looked into, because he can sustain a fight for minutes without going down. Making it a weird game in dominion mode. Especially when he can heal himself by blocking and not needing to attack at all, just countering.

What you mean is, his feats need to be looked at. Ok.

Conq in a 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 is quite easy to beat. parry him, drain his stamina nad hes toast. He has such ****ty stamina its a joke.

Keylen1990
02-12-2017, 01:34 AM
Yes, yes you can. EVERYTHING, including "unblockables," can be dodged/parried (counters). Just need to learn how to do it homie.

I main Nobu & Conk.

I still think Orochi is the most OP class...**** that bro.

Not really.

He simply twohit you (if you block it - and you want to jump away ) he break your defense and uses his kombo where he hits you 4-6 times. Also hes faster then you. I main Conquerer and warden... so...

davedxd
02-12-2017, 01:34 AM
too soon to judge, useless poll..

Drekle
02-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Where is the option "there is no OP character" ?
braindead-poll.

I created the poll, I don't think there is much imbalance. I just wanted to see if everyone with an opinion about an OP character would make this poll look even.

Drekle
02-12-2017, 01:40 AM
too soon to judge, useless poll..

Created the poll, I agree with you.

Dezlow-
02-12-2017, 01:40 AM
At Mid-High level, Warden/Orochi.
Low-Mid, PK, Nobu.

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 01:41 AM

Thats cause ur bad. Frost Mage hands down will not let you as a melee class move. Scrub.

:P

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 01:42 AM
I main Warden and Raider for this open beta. Lawbringer when release comes out.

RatedChaotic
02-12-2017, 01:42 AM
OP classes lol. I dont think any particular class is OP. Just the skills of the player. You all claiming this and that class is OP must be on something and I want some too.

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 01:51 AM
The most overpowered classes woluld be the nooboshi, PK, Orochi and Berserker.

Wanna know why? Its simple. Its a fighting game. You take any melee fighting game and the two things that have the advantage is speed and range. Speed and range give you more ability to act without getting punsihed because its much harder to punish anything with speed as generally, you are too slow to react to it.

Mortal Kombat was the same way.

its why Scorpion was stronger than Sub zero in 9 and 10. Sub Zero is slower.

Drekle
02-12-2017, 02:01 AM
I have to vote Warlock, his magic is too strong, and he can one shot assassins with his flame pillar gb.

yeah I cant edit the poll ><

Dezlow-
02-12-2017, 02:11 AM
I'm sorry, but its clearly Sub-rogues from Wrath.

Warlock smorlock.

Vakris_One
02-12-2017, 02:41 AM
None. No one is OP, except Chuck Norris.

Drekle
02-12-2017, 02:49 AM
None. No one is OP, except Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris is 76... I could kick his *** by now.

UbiJurassic
02-12-2017, 03:02 AM
Cant edit poll. Warlord not Warlock.

Fixed Warlord for you!

https://media.giphy.com/media/hr6p5UHdDn8RO/giphy.gif

Vakris_One
02-12-2017, 04:21 AM
Chuck Norris is 76... I could kick his *** by now.
Chick Norris has already won that fight. He roundhouse kicked you so hard you went back in time and have no memory of future events.

Why do you think you wrote Warlock instead of Warlord? Exactly, you're still groggy from that roundhouse kick!

:p

ThePollie
02-12-2017, 04:42 AM
I think it's less about overpowered and more about over-tuned. Some characters simply have better, more usable kits, while others are more limited and forced to rely more on the base game mechanics, rather than mixing in specials.

JudgeGavri-EL
02-12-2017, 04:47 AM
There is no OP character. You guys just need to know how to play it well.

GewaltSam
02-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Thats cause ur bad. Frost Mage hands down will not let you as a melee class move. Scrub.

:P

Only a rouge (!) player would say something like that.
Play a real class man, rouge is for women! ;)

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Peackeeeper and nobushi. Diffucult hard? LUL. Every fkn noob can play this classes, because they should be 2x nerfed, no tank-viking like in last patch. Mobility - damage - bleed/poison, range and jumping attacks, YES SO IT'S HARD TO PLAY. Don't understand ubisoft logic about characther diffucult. Warden easy? Yes he easy, but he have low light attack range, lower then stupid peacekeeper with short sword and dagger (DAGGER > 2H SWORD RANGE - UBISOFT 2017).

Brave_Thunder
02-12-2017, 07:06 PM
Peackeeeper and nobushi. Diffucult hard? LUL. Every fkn noob can play this classes, because they should be 2x nerfed, no tank-viking like in last patch. Mobility - damage - bleed/poison, range and jumping attacks, YES SO IT'S HARD TO PLAY. Don't understand ubisoft logic about characther diffucult. Warden easy? Yes he easy, but he have low light attack range, lower then stupid peacekeeper with short sword and dagger (DAGGER > 2H SWORD RANGE - UBISOFT 2017).

I can smell a little bit of salt in this.More on topic,I'm happy with the current state of the game.I used to complain against conq and the Samurai with the long katana,but it's just a matter of knowing your enemy.

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-12-2017, 07:08 PM
I can smell a little bit of salt in this.More on topic,I'm happy with the current state of the game.I used to complain against conq and the Samurai with the long katana,but it's just a matter of knowing your enemy.

I can smell 1 combo spammer a little bit.

YappysDaBeast
02-12-2017, 07:23 PM
All these noobies getting wreckt by peacekeeper.

Every class is counterable. Apart from Warlords. No counter for a warlord who half knows how ot play.

SLAPAPOW
02-12-2017, 07:32 PM
All these noobies getting wreckt by peacekeeper.

Every class is counterable. Apart from Warlords. No counter for a warlord who half knows how ot play.

Yes there is. If someone knows how to utilize their light attacks and their dodge they can wipe out a Warlord fast. Also, learn to counter guard break.

I'm tired of people whining "OP", when they don't even utilize their whole moveset.

YappysDaBeast
02-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Yes there is. If someone knows how to utilize their light attacks and their dodge they can wipe out a Warlord fast. Also, learn to counter guard break.

I'm tired of people whining "OP", when they don't even utilize their whole moveset.

I can counter guard break.
I've played all the classes to silver 3. From all the beta's. Technical Test and alpha invites.
The only class not balanced at all is WARLORD. Maybe that will change when we can play the 3 extra classes.

SLAPAPOW
02-12-2017, 07:46 PM
I can counter guard break.
I've played all the classes to silver 3. From all the beta's. Technical Test and alpha invites.
The only class not balanced at all is WARLORD. Maybe that will change when we can play the 3 extra classes.

I played all the alpha and betas as well. The warlord is not OP. My friends and I went into a custom game for two hours, learning how to counter the characters we were having trouble with. By the end of those hours we had worked out, SPEED kills warlords. As I said, learn to dodge, use light attacks, and don't let them guard break you.

(also, use any unblockable combos you have. Negate the warlords defense)

PackingMoney
02-12-2017, 07:48 PM
I don't see why everyone thinks that Peacekeeper is OP, if someone knows how to use her to her strengths then that is that person outplaying you, not the character being OP.

teksuo1
02-12-2017, 07:53 PM
my two most played classes are warden and PK ; while i think PK is easier to play well with, the warden feels more powerful overall.

the pk really only feels good in true 1v1 situations, anything else i'd rather be on my warden. (PK is a tad more enjoyable to play though (fun).

Thirdhandsh2017
02-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Every character with inblockable charge is some ****ing bleed attack ****ing annoying basically

Tillo.
02-12-2017, 08:58 PM
None. All heros have pros and cons.
You gotta learn which are yours and which are your enemie's.

Slowthrob
02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
and I still insist taht PK should not be nerfed, just tweeked, her R2s should be way faster and R1s a little, just a pinch slower and we would be fine. And fix the bug with the GB. She would have the skills and things to ovepover and overwhelm, but there would be some sense in it.

frank1ller
02-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Change the title to the most easiest to use.

there are not OP heros, but i can say its harder winning duel with a kensei than with an orochi.

Also, its me or the block function doesnt register 1/3 of my game? im not stupid, i know which of the 3 spot flash red...

xLordius
02-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Every character with inblockable charge is some ****ing bleed attack ****ing annoying basically
The same sht.

Gnarxly
02-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Change the title to the most easiest to use.

there are not OP heros, but i can say its harder winning duel with a kensei than with an orochi.

Also, its me or the block function doesnt register 1/3 of my game? im not stupid, i know which of the 3 spot flash red...

No it doesn't always register. SUper annoying.

Blaze_Kazama
02-12-2017, 09:55 PM
Orochi has only seen nerfs since the start of the game's testing phases. I would like an explanation as to why people still think that's he's OP. He can dodge well? So can the other assassins. Deflect? So can the other assassin and besides, parrying is better anyway so the idea of a 'counter-attacker' class goes right out the window. Storm Rush? It has been heavily slowed down and telegraphed, can't even cancel it anymore after starting the run. Speed definitely isn't the fastest and damage is generally among the lowest. Shocking, really.

DeLatv
02-12-2017, 10:00 PM
Bunch of noobies that cant guardbreak voted for peacekeeper...

Her stabs are Over powered, but ONLY if she can guard break you. Hes pretty weak. So in higher skill tier games, she becomes an average.

The warden on other hand in skilled players hands, he becomes a god. The shoulder bash is INSANE. As Shoulder bash must be dodge or get hit. If dodge, he can cancel shoulder charge into guard break, into strike and shoulder charge again now you dodge and you have hero that can strike while dodgeing? He doesnt follow up with guard break and parry you with insane damage and shoulder charges again, what do you do? 3 choices, 2/3 is a mistake that punishes you.
You get lucky and didnt doged when he canceled his shoulder charge. Nothing happens, he goes for shoulder charge again...
NO RISK Huge reward...
GOOD LUCK!

Fume522
02-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Warden with infinite shoulder bash combo there is no good way to play around it since dodging back is the answer but he can cancel into guard break or he can cancel into parry each time you have to guess 3 options in which none of them you can come ontop in this infinite vortex.

Zemus-
02-12-2017, 10:22 PM
The PK is the most used class in the game and I find I win about 80-90% of my fights against them because they are so predictable and easy to counter. Like I have said to others before in order to fight the FAST classes you have to stay calm, breathe and focus, you will very quickly find that they are the easier classes to fight because so many low skill players make the majority of their populations. If you find you keep loosing fights to them its because you are getting angry and lose your focus because of the speed. Stop falling into the trap, the speed never changes and with PRACTICE you get your timing down and never have issues again until you find one that is actually skilled, then its a good fun tactical fight.

Create a custom game duel with a lvl3 PK with max rounds. Don't attack it, Just sit there and block, dodge, parry, and guardbreak LEARN TO DEFEND, its 1000x more important than attacking. Just doing this ONCE for 15minutes will instantly make you a better player in a massive upgrade. It really annoys me when so many people think they should just be good at a game without practice and blame everyone else but themselves which has been about 80% of the posts on these forums since closed beta. That said this is why this game needs a FULL Practice mode with custom options in the main menu directly under Multiplayer

I don't mean to sound like a total jerk but as someone who has been playing Fighting games since Street Fighter back in the 90's it's not a joke when so many of us more skilled players say these things are a learn to play issue. This game is a hybrid genre thats new and exciting so its bringing in lots of new people but the fact is Practice Practice Practice is 3/4 of these games. Be eager to learn and accept your own faults and if you cannot correct them find a class that helps with that. Its not easy but very rewarding in the end

MusCanus
02-12-2017, 10:32 PM
The chart shows it right except for the Orochi, he is ok. I've never had nearly as much trouble with him as with PK, Nobushi or Warlord.

RazhemUplay
02-12-2017, 11:50 PM
And if your complaint is getting countered remember that any character can do a side heavy after a gb which hurts the same and all at once.

Now that is just outright lying, a triple stab hurts more than all other side heavies.

As for the poll data, not surprised. Assassins are noob stompers because of their speed since blocking quick attacks that mix it up is hard to get used to and the most guilty of that by far is Orochi and Peacekeeper (berserker is slower than them and so a lot more manageable, specially since he HAS to add heavies into his rotation). They will also destroy you if you have a bad connection and can't manage to block in time simply because of latency.

But in a perfect connection and once you have the proper reflexes to block the light attack spam mixup (and maybe even parry), assassins fall off hard. Once people play at a level where most initiations just get parried, all heroes become pretty interchangeable outside of a few quirks like all guard being a bit of a get out of jail free card or having access to crushing counter since the game pretty much devolves into who can parry who into guardbreak into heavy attack (Except raider who gets a light, but his ******* grab play with hazards make me not have an ounce of pity for him). This sadly means that in very high play, most heroes loose their personality (Nobushi and Warlord seem like the exception since they have a lot of things to play with in their kits) and raw stats become king (reason why I'm convinced Warden could be top dog in very high competitive). I do hope that the For Honor team will look into it though when it becomes an issue.

Bob__Gnarly
02-13-2017, 12:09 AM
And if your complaint is getting countered remember that any character can do a side heavy after a gb which hurts the same and all at once.

That's a load of baloney. The stab GB does a tonne more damage.

Nexuss94
02-13-2017, 12:48 AM
LOL AT THIS POLL clearly you lot never played vs a shield guardbreaking warlord LOL getting cucked like noobs to a PK the PK punishes slow reaction time players that is all she also punishes button mashers

PacTheManlyMan
02-13-2017, 01:17 AM
I think it's less about overpowered and more about over-tuned. Some characters simply have better, more usable kits, while others are more limited and forced to rely more on the base game mechanics, rather than mixing in specials.

This.

Some characters are therefore more fun to play than others.
Which is why you see them more often.

Gunner11Mendez
02-13-2017, 02:59 AM
Not really.

He simply twohit you (if you block it - and you want to jump away ) he break your defense and uses his kombo where he hits you 4-6 times. Also hes faster then you. I main Conquerer and warden... so...

Yes really...I usually nail the parry, but if I'm unsure I block it, and first thing to always look for with a PK is GB so almost always counter it, and if it's an Orochi/Berserker I always prepare for an attack from the opposite direction. How can I say this confidently? I've used most of the characters to learn them so I can fight them better...I also main Conk & usually do well against PK, you really need to learn some things about this game, practice it, and get good at it. Simple.

Gunner11Mendez
02-13-2017, 03:08 AM
The PK is the most used class in the game and I find I win about 80-90% of my fights against them because they are so predictable and easy to counter. Like I have said to others before in order to fight the FAST classes you have to stay calm, breathe and focus, you will very quickly find that they are the easier classes to fight because so many low skill players make the majority of their populations. If you find you keep loosing fights to them its because you are getting angry and lose your focus because of the speed. Stop falling into the trap, the speed never changes and with PRACTICE you get your timing down and never have issues again until you find one that is actually skilled, then its a good fun tactical fight.

Create a custom game duel with a lvl3 PK with max rounds. Don't attack it, Just sit there and block, dodge, parry, and guardbreak LEARN TO DEFEND, its 1000x more important than attacking. Just doing this ONCE for 15minutes will instantly make you a better player in a massive upgrade. It really annoys me when so many people think they should just be good at a game without practice and blame everyone else but themselves which has been about 80% of the posts on these forums since closed beta. That said this is why this game needs a FULL Practice mode with custom options in the main menu directly under Multiplayer

I don't mean to sound like a total jerk but as someone who has been playing Fighting games since Street Fighter back in the 90's it's not a joke when so many of us more skilled players say these things are a learn to play issue. This game is a hybrid genre thats new and exciting so its bringing in lots of new people but the fact is Practice Practice Practice is 3/4 of these games. Be eager to learn and accept your own faults and if you cannot correct them find a class that helps with that. Its not easy but very rewarding in the end

BUMP! +1 to this post...I think you became my new best friend. Thank you for this post.

Twisted-Karma
02-13-2017, 03:10 AM
There is no OP character. You guys just need to know how to play it well.

I can agree to this, it's really down to play styles and timing imo especially now its been balanced a bit more, every class/play style has it's nemesis.

lsis-chan
02-13-2017, 03:22 AM
Nobushi is personally the character I hate the most.
I wouldn't say it's unbalanced combat-wise, as its by no means impossible to win against.
I just feel that the skill required to play Nobushi doesn't justify some of the combos she's capable of.
Then again, this is coming from a fairly-biased Warden.

Also, I'm surprised to see so many votes going towards Orochi.
If anything, I think a fairly-skilled Berserker is more difficult to deal with than an equally-skilled Orochi.
This poll might be based on encounter rate though.. Especially considering the unnerving amount of hate towards the Peacekeeper, the class I encounter the most.

Helnekromancer
02-13-2017, 03:23 AM
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but the Warlord has a ******** combo that you can hardly defend against. He uses his super armor running heavy that goes through damage forcing you to block, then he immediately headbutts you, you can sidestep the Headbutt but it comes out so fast sidestepping doesn't work and if he has revenge meter he can use 2 headbutts in a row. After you are pushed back and have your stamina drained from the headbutt you either fall down or he tries to use a super armored overhead or a super armored lefted or right trust. You can tell its a super armored heavy because he yells when he does so once again you are forced to block. If you blocked it he goes into turtling behind his shield and will block any oncoming attacks and your only option is to go in for a guardbreak. He also has a shield bash combo in which he can push you against a wall and stagger you and get free hits off. Unless you move away from the walls he will keep shield charging you into it. I can only beat Warlord by blocking all their super armored attacks and use guardbreaks whenever they hesitate or if they hunker down behind their shield. The Warlord fighting style is so cheese I had a prestige 3 warlord cap A/C and stood on the point by himself while 3 of my teammates fail to kill him. I had to go there personally to deal with him but unless you know his weakness he will abuse his abilities and will block every regular attack, gain revenge meter and kill 1-2 people with his super armored attacks.

At the end of the Beta I was Prestige 3 level 6. I had trouble with Peacekeepers and Warlord but once I got high enough I found more experience Warlord but I couldn't tell if they were good or not because all they did was abuse their super armored attacks, headbutt you until you stamina is nearly gone, and negate all your light and heavy attacks by sitting behind their shield.
with 74 gear score that made the color change from blue to purple.

Gunner11Mendez
02-13-2017, 03:36 AM

PK is winning this?

Or losing should I say.

That's dumb, you people are dumb, dont get countered and she is a paper tiger.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but the Warlord has a ******** combo that you can hardly defend against. He uses his super armor running heavy that goes through damage forcing you to block, then he immediately headbutts you, you can sidestep the Headbutt but it comes out so fast sidestepping doesn't work and if he has revenge meter he can use 2 headbutts in a row. After you are pushed back and have your stamina drained from the headbutt you either fall down or he tries to use a super armored overhead or a super armored lefted or right trust. You can tell its a super armored heavy because he yells when he does so once again you are forced to block. If you blocked it he goes into turtling behind his shield and will block any oncoming attacks and your only option is to go in for a guardbreak. He also has a shield bash combo in which he can push you against a wall and stagger you and get free hits off. Unless you move away from the walls he will keep shield charging you into it. I can only beat Warlord by blocking all their super armored attacks and use guardbreaks whenever they hesitate or if they hunker down behind their shield. The Warlord fighting style is so cheese I had a prestige 3 warlord cap A/C and stood on the point by himself while 3 of my teammates fail to kill him. I had to go there personally to deal with him but unless you know his weakness he will abuse his abilities and will block every regular attack, gain revenge meter and kill 1-2 people with his super armored attacks.

At the end of the Beta I was Prestige 3 level 6. I had trouble with Peacekeepers and Warlord but once I got high enough I found more experience Warlord but I couldn't tell if they were good or not because all they did was abuse their super armored attacks, headbutt you until you stamina is nearly gone, and negate all your light and heavy attacks by sitting behind their shield.
with 74 gear score that made the color change from blue to purple.

What hero did you main? You can sidestep the head butt btw, and gear only changes your stats in Dominion mode so far as I know.

Helnekromancer
02-13-2017, 03:57 AM
What hero did you main? You can sidestep the head butt btw, and gear only changes your stats in Dominion mode so far as I know.

I already explained that I can dodge it but it comes out almost instantly that you have to do it before it comes out almost as if you know he's going to do it, but he can also do it twice in a row if you dodge the first one. I mained the Nobushi this beta and gotten her past Prestige 3 and started to unlock Heroic gear. And gear stats effect Dominion and Elimination.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 03:59 AM
As a Warden, the constant shield-bashing and headbutting of the Conqs and Warlords were the bane of my existence.
Skilled Peacekeepers were also basically unkillable which I found odd.