PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi's ridiculous problem !

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Hey guys, I just tried the Nobushi recently, and it seems that the hidden stance mechanic is useless with a controller...

You can dodge by using it but you can't hide your stance as the name suggest since you need to move your stick down to get into hidden stance while needing to use that same stick to choose a stance.

It sounds a bit ridiculous and I don't know how did this mistake went trough during the dev of this character...

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 12:57 AM
i donīt think this move is good anyway, i do not use it. to much risk for a low reward imo.

Really ?

I mean: it's a universal dodge and a universal cancel mechanic considered as the first strike of a combo that can be linked up to anything from a light attack to a kick.

It may be hard to use in battle but as I was looking trough the nobushi's depth I really felt as tho a god tier player could be an incredible beast with it !

However, that doesn't mean anything anyway. The primary function of this move is to hide the stance you're in and, as of right now, it doesn't allow you to do this on a controller.

Conclusion: NEED TO BE FIXED.

CritBull
02-12-2017, 01:01 AM
Well you guys need to learn the Nobushi if you think the hidden stance is not useful. Its her main strength! Also I tried it with an Xbox controller on the PC its not working. But its working fine on the PC

PaLooseCannon
02-12-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm so confused. My head is hurting trying to figure out what you are implying.

I play on XBox, and when I move my right stick down, Nobushi goes into hide stance (which in turn hides which direction my right stick then moves to for a "hidden" attack), no?

Gunner11Mendez
02-12-2017, 01:05 AM
Damn...I knew it!! It is definitely broken on XBone as it clearly shows where you are going next; however, it is Nobu's main asset honestly. You can cancel into it, dodge with it, you can (NOT at the moment) attack without showing where, it starts your combos into 2nd hit...literally the best thing in her kit, but Ubi Devs for real it is broken on XBone...please fix it.

Linkerino
02-12-2017, 01:21 AM
Dude hidden stance hides the cursor showing from where your attack WILL come from. BUT when you attack they will see the cursor and they can react to it. If you think it will hide your attack cursor until it hits them (like when Kensei stuns you for example and you don't see the cursor) you have some problems.

Basically it just hides from where your attack will start.

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 04:09 AM
Dude hidden stance hides the cursor showing from where your attack WILL come from. BUT when you attack they will see the cursor and they can react to it. If you think it will hide your attack cursor until it hits them (like when Kensei stuns you for example and you don't see the cursor) you have some problems.

Basically it just hides from where your attack will start.

Thanks ******ed Sherlock but you may wanna read me again.

Listen : THE STICK YOU USE TO GET IN HIDDING STANCE MODE IS THE SAME AS THE ONE YOU USE TO CHOOSE YOUR STANCES IN THE FIRST PLACE ! THAT MEANS THAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR STANCE WHILE HIDING IT SINCE YOU'LL NEED TO USE THE SAME FREACKING INPUT TO BE IN THIS VERY STANCE MODE !

Get it ?

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 04:10 AM
Well you guys need to learn the Nobushi if you think the hidden stance is not useful. Its her main strength!

Well that's what I thought too.

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 04:18 AM
I'm so confused. My head is hurting trying to figure out what you are implying.

I play on XBox, and when I move my right stick down, Nobushi goes into hide stance (which in turn hides which direction my right stick then moves to for a "hidden" attack), no?

Indeed it does. But when you are in that mode, you are supposed to be able to change your stances without your opponent noticing it. Obviously, since you need to keep your stick down to maintain your hidding stance, you can't change stance.

DrunkenPankake
02-12-2017, 05:49 AM
She's already one of the OP Trinity in this game along with Orochi and Peacemaker. She has the most range in the game and can easily abuse that along with bleed damage to take almost every other character out. If you really aren't good enough to win as an OP character then you should either practice or put the game down. Either is fine with me, as I would not mind one less range bleed spamming cancer in this game.

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 11:57 AM
She's already one of the OP Trinity in this game along with Orochi and Peacemaker. She has the most range in the game and can easily abuse that along with bleed damage to take almost every other character out. If you really aren't good enough to win as an OP character then you should either practice or put the game down. Either is fine with me, as I would not mind one less range bleed spamming cancer in this game.

1) I never had any problem killing any Nobushi in the game. She's called OP only by noobs that don't know how to punish an other spammy noob. As soon as the level of the fighters is a bit above "complete ******s" she became the most complex character to use while actually knowing what you're doing. She's not OP, just get good.

2) You completely miss the plot. If you can't manage to understand the subject of a discussion you can either go back to school or leave any media involving other human beings.

2) We are not complaining *******. This is not a complaint, this is a fact. As of right now, playing the nobushi with a controller doesn't allow you to use one of her move properly. So this need to be fixed. That's all

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 12:06 PM
After testing i think it is the other way around for me.

On controller i get a greyed out triangle while attacking, on keyboard it looks normal.

No. On a controller your triangle got greyed as you are in hidden stance mode just like when you press C with a keyboard. However, with the keyboard, since you don't need to use the mouse to be in this mode you can actually use it to change the stance your in while hidding it. However with a controller you can't since to get into hidden stance mode you need to maintain the stance stick down.

Next time try to look at the move set to see if your doing it right. I'm sure what did is try to put your mouse in the downed position just like with the controller, while you actually need to press C.

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 12:14 PM
dude i literally told you what i did. the triangle is greyed out the WHOLE move from hidden stance to attack with controller. On keyboard the attack is white as normal. I do not hold down with mouse or on controller.

Wtf ... What do you mean by the whole move is is greyed from hidden stance to attack ?! When you attack while in hidding stances, your indicator will still go red and blink just like a regular attack... Hidden stance is only supposed to allow you to hide your stance before attacking so that your opponent will have less time to react since he won't know from where you're going to strike. It's not a stun ...

Are we even playing the same game ? xD

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Controller hit triangle
http://abload.de/img/forhonoropenbeta2017-lvl38.jpg
Keyboard hit triangle
http://abload.de/img/forhonoropenbeta2017-gfl6w.jpg

yes this has nothing to do with hidden stance, i stumbled upon it because i THOUGHT this hides the hit indicator.

Oh I got what you mean. Indeed, when you attack with a controller, the direction your attacking get's grey as you are attacking while it stays white with the mouse.
But this as nothing to do about the hidden stance mode bug.

Look just try this: With the keyboard, maintain C then move your mouse. You should be able to see your stance changing on your grey triangle. That mean that, while hidding it from your opponent, you are able to change the diretion you can attack from .
However, fi you try to do the same with a controller, you'll get what I mean. With a controller, you need to maintain your right stick down to get into hidden stance mode.That means that you can't change your stnace while hidding them cuz the same right stick is required to do so.

Just try it out.

EDIT: Oh sorry didnt saw the last line you wrote !

Xantos214
02-12-2017, 06:23 PM
I love the hidden stance! Timed right you can put poison on the enemy after the doge. It's pretty much a free hit especially when the other player is out of stamina and tries to swing still. Follow through with an inside dash and grab and bam more damage and poison.