PDA

View Full Version : Not enough move sets & team synergy

BarqqDogg
02-11-2017, 11:49 PM
I REALLY want this game to succeed. Hell, I want this game to go esports like smash and tekken has. 4v4 deathmatch has great competitive potential like Rainbow 6 Siege. However, in order for people to get drunk on competetiveness, there has to be more moves for characters.

Heroes like Warden are just too simple when compared to heroes like Orchi and Peacekeeper. This game is a fighting game at heart, and it's a real turnoff to see some heroes having a low learning curve.

Also, I can't see how a team can be synergistic athe the start of the game since we can't see what our teammates are picking.

PendragonArtura
02-12-2017, 01:21 AM
I REALLY want this game to succeed. Hell, I want this game to go esports like smash and tekken has. 4v4 deathmatch has great competitive potential like Rainbow 6 Siege. However, in order for people to get drunk on competetiveness, there has to be more moves for characters.

Heroes like Warden are just too simple when compared to heroes like Orchi and Peacekeeper. This game is a fighting game at heart, and it's a real turnoff to see some heroes having a low learning curve.

Also, I can't see how a team can be synergistic athe the start of the game since we can't see what our teammates are picking.

No more moves.
I mean after 40h IG I basically only start to use all my warden moveset. And that's one of the easiest character to play, according to the devs.

What we really need is shorter time beetween a counter breaking guard, and parry. So it could be much more challenging and reflexes based.

This game is not about who make the more unpredictable combo. It's about who is better on anticipation and timing.

Altair_Snake
02-12-2017, 01:32 AM
We can see who teammates are picking, but only after they confirm it. It'd be nice to have a double confirmation selection, like Smite or Inquisition. Sometimes I'm actually in the mood to play a variety of characters and I'm willing to fill in. Specially when the game is actually out, mroe people will be willing to change their pick for the team. So, adding double confirmation would be very important for the tactical potential of random matches.

I disagree, however, that there are few moves. And the classes actually have some intense tendencies to how they play in Dominion. It goes beyond what I had expected, so I'm very happy with it.

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 01:58 AM
Ok... out of curiousity, how do You see 4 v 4 elim being competitive? Its a cluster **** lol

Theres no skill involved in the game except strategy. Not fighting skill.

1 v 1 and 2 v 2 is where the "skill" is

BarqqDogg
02-12-2017, 02:59 AM
Ok... out of curiousity, how do You see 4 v 4 elim being competitive? Its a cluster **** lol

Theres no skill involved in the game except strategy. Not fighting skill.

1 v 1 and 2 v 2 is where the "skill" is

You technically start as 1v1, 1v1, 1v1, 1v1, in 4v4 elimination mode. So yes, I would say that there's skill involved as much as 1v1 and 2v2. In fact, you need to know more about the maps to know where the power-ups and insta-kill points are. So it adds another layer of skill to 4v4 elimination.

eskimoform
02-12-2017, 03:05 AM
4v4 isnt even fun to watch. for an esport you need it to be actually entertaining, and really the only thing worth watching is a 1v1. so anything past a 2v2 just turns into too much. imagine a broadcaster switching between 4 fights, and you dont even get to really see the back and forth between the players.

this is a fighting game at heart.