PDA

View Full Version : Is there release content missing in the open beta?

JacenVayn
02-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Hey, the open beta is the first time I play the game and I wonder if the release version (on day one) will have more content than the Beta has and if yes what exactly is it? I know that new things will be added over time, these are not what I mean.

Waynedetta40k
02-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Solo campaign and 3 heroes
maybe a few maps I'am not quite sure what else.

Salty_Tincan
02-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Plenty customization options are missing as well. And effects (it's a category block next to emotes/executions) that make your character have visual effect like flaming back (as shown in a video) there's also the sunbeam effect that's part of the Gold edition of the game.

3 Characters missing also as mentioned above.

Campaign is missing as mentioned above.

Game maps are missing also.

Not sure about anything else.

JacenVayn
02-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Did they tell details about the solo campaign? If not it might turn out as a series of normal matches against AI with a few cinematics in between...

Salty_Tincan
02-11-2017, 11:21 PM
Did they tell details about the solo campaign? If not it might turn out as a series of normal matches against AI with a few cinematics in between...

You can be 100% sure it will be a series of matches against AI.
Now weather it's duel, brawl, deathmatch, dominion mode, or something else we dont know about yet, I can't say. But I think it'll be a mix.
Also I think there's an end boss called Apolyon, doubt it'll be a "normal match".

Karma_Ghost
02-12-2017, 12:13 AM
You can be 100% sure it will be a series of matches against AI.
Now weather it's duel, brawl, deathmatch, dominion mode, or something else we dont know about yet, I can't say. But I think it'll be a mix.
Also I think there's an end boss called Apolyon, doubt it'll be a "normal match".

I can be 100% sure that you're wrong. You can watch some of the campaign missions on Youtube, among other sites.

Reinborn
02-12-2017, 12:25 AM
I can be 100% sure that you're wrong. You can watch some of the campaign missions on Youtube, among other sites.

I wouldn't really say he's 100% wrong. I saw very briefly some of those campaign videos as well and yes, you naturally go againts AI, from what I've seen the "mode" will be based on chapter and story (infiltration with Peacekeeper etc) and about the end boss, we can only speculate, unless one would watch the ending of those who got the early copy of FH. He's only got it wrong about series of matches agains AI, unless he wasn't thinking of an actual, multiplayer-like type of match but rather more story-related.
It would seem like you might be "more wrong" than he is. :p

UbiJurassic
02-12-2017, 12:30 AM
What is in the Open Beta is not everything you will find in the final release. Below you can find an example of the single-player/co-op campaign you can play and the multiplayer equipment you can acquire in the final release.

Campaign Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuJZ2m2x0k

Multiplayer Equipment and Customization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW7-ZhkDpic

RabidUrko
02-12-2017, 12:30 AM
As UbiJurassic just posted there is far more solid content for the game price than just the MP.
Gets me when some moan of the price, there are 3 SP campaigns involved for the price too.

JacenVayn
02-12-2017, 12:33 AM
I have watched some trailers and from my impression while we are obviously fighting AI, the campaign missions are not just regular multiplayer matches against the AI. It's hard to tell how good they are by just seeing the videos of the first mission for each faction, but it's a good sign that they don't just put you into 10 normal "multiplayer"-AI-matches in a row and call that campaign.

RabidUrko
02-12-2017, 12:36 AM
I have watched some trailers and from my impression while we are obviously fighting AI, the campaign missions are not just regular multiplayer matches against the AI. It's hard to tell how good they are by just seeing the videos of the first mission for each faction, but it's a good sign that they don't just put you into 10 normal "multiplayer"-AI-matches in a row and call that campaign.

This interview sums it up with the creative director of the game, a lot of work has gone into the SP.

http://onlysp.com/for-honor-interview-request/

This quote from that interview link says how good the SP is going to be :-

"VandenBerghe: The best way I know to answer is this way: if you pick up For Honor only for the campaign, we want you 100% satisfied with your purchase when you finally decide to put down the controller."

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Beta : Multiplayer, 9 heroes, 6 maps, 4 games modes, 3 executions per character, 6 emotes per character, 35% cuztomisation options, no mood effects

Release : Singleplayer campaign, Multiplayer, 12 heroes, 12 maps, 5 gamemodes, 4 executions per character, 12 emotes per character, 100% cuztomisation, mood effects ...

Also, asking if the singleplayer of a melee combat game will contain melee combats during his singleplayer is as dumb as asking if a fps like battlefied 1 will contain shooting in his singleplayer. It's the core of the game so of course you'll fight Ai. What matter in a singleplayer is the environement, the story, the ambiance, the scripted parts, the cinematics and all of those kind of things.
You can have a look at it with 2 missions revealed on youtube ;)

Salt_is_Real
02-12-2017, 01:24 AM
Plus there will be 2 new Hearoes and map every season. And I guess they will add some customization and other stuff for basic heroes soooo.

TBH I donīt rly need SP missions and I would probably prefer $40 MP only version like Overwatch did.

Mr.0reo
02-12-2017, 02:13 AM

Mm what you expected from single player campaign? ofc the game will have fights against AI in much bigger map like CoD/BF1. They can't change that.

Of course without SP campaign this would be a 45$ game. But i guess SP will be good addition to the game.

Salt_is_Real
02-12-2017, 02:16 AM
Mm what you expected from single player campaign? ofc the game will have fights against AI in much bigger map like CoD/BF1. They can't change that.

Of course without SP campaign this would be a 45$ game. But i guess SP will be good addition to the game.

Well some ppl probably expected another Dark Souls, or Witcher :D