PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror's Damage

VoadorHolandes
02-11-2017, 10:44 PM
So I've been playing Conqueror for a while and one thing bugs me: I hit like a girl. From what i've seen, with the exception of the charged strong attack, everything we throw has little power to it. Weak attack hits for about 15 damage, and strong for 25, while most classes hit far above that. Most of these attack, are easy to telegraph and only work well enough while chaining with shield bash or from swinging outside range for deception. Warlord has easily more devastating blows while having similarly strong defense and headbutts.

I can understand that nobody at the wrong end of the flail would like a minor buff to damage (say to 17 and 29), but does anyone else share the feeling that we could use a minor buff?

DasBigHippo
02-11-2017, 10:54 PM
His damage is fine once you learn him. Before I sat down to actually learn him I felt the same way. I hated his damage output. However now that I have practiced with him, I can destroy anyone with him. His damage may not be the highest, but he has a very high defense to go along with it. Use that to your advantage. Use the heavy attacks into unblockable shield bash, then combo from there. Things like that help a lot.

This is coming from someone that has used Conq for most of the CB and OB.

Sauronbaine
02-11-2017, 10:59 PM
His charged heavy is amazing. Thats actually what you should use. Use timing and tricks to beat your opponent.

Aeecto
02-11-2017, 11:38 PM
Conq plays totally different this beta... feels overall a lot weaker.
Closed beta i played the crap out of him and learned pretty much everything about his combos and possibilities..... but now even his shieldbashs arenīt unblockable anymore because every single player i met who was atleast decent playing his hero could easily counter it with his own unblockable since theyīre a lot faster (even a single light attack breaks it and as a conq you canīt do anything against it).
... could have been the overall crap latency of everything, but no matter which shieldbash i used (dodge+shieldbash, dash+shieldbash, sprint+shieldbash, heavy+shieldbash, etc..), it got countered with a light attack or an unblockable.
The only thing that still works like a charm is charged heavy with switching directions just before you release or after you used your free block while charging.

ausknipsr
02-12-2017, 12:16 AM
we totaly got dominated by a conq in dominion some matches ago, we were just not able to beat him. he blocked and counter gb everything.

i was there with him. it was literally hell.
also, the fact that conq can heal himself with every succesful block as soon as he reaches a certain level basically makes him invincible in the hands of a skilled player.

Gnarxly
02-12-2017, 12:19 AM
I met some good conquerors and they are amazing, especialy 1vMore. They can wear you down just nice plus the heavy att is no joke dmg wise.

Pandemonium.23
02-12-2017, 03:10 AM
His damage is fine once you learn him. Before I sat down to actually learn him I felt the same way. I hated his damage output. However now that I have practiced with him, I can destroy anyone with him. His damage may not be the highest, but he has a very high defense to go along with it. Use that to your advantage. Use the heavy attacks into unblockable shield bash, then combo from there. Things like that help a lot.

This is coming from someone that has used Conq for most of the CB and OB.

if you play so much conquerer, would you also have some tips against them? i dont find a weak spot in their def or playstyle. and in 1vs1 in 80% i lose the fight. they just sit it out when i dont attack or shield bash me to easy.