PDA

View Full Version : Orochi Bow is ridiculous

J0wn3d
02-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Does entirely too much damage. One shot to my full health Raider put me below 10 percent, and that's supposed to be moderate damage? Don't think so.

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 10:47 PM
10 percent on full health? Eh... Nope. Imposible.

PixelZed
02-11-2017, 11:02 PM
10 percent on full health? Eh... Nope. Imposible.

I can -ONESHOT- raiders with my current build. What are you talking about? It is ABSOLUTELY broken and in deathmatch I can decide entire games with my ranged spam build, and since it restarts EVERYmatch and I can bow+Kunai my opening opponent to death in the first three seconds every time xD

TCTF_SWAT
02-11-2017, 11:04 PM
I can -ONESHOT- raiders with my current build. What are you talking about? It is ABSOLUTELY broken and in deathmatch I can decide entire games with my ranged spam build, and since it restarts EVERYmatch and I can bow+Kunai my opening opponent to death in the first three seconds every time xD

Gona have to give proof on such a claim.

Gensui.Musashi
02-11-2017, 11:13 PM
oh wow now its the BOW. everything about samurais is op. but the catapult that can one shot you, or the molotov arent op. aha

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 11:17 PM

Caught you in a lie sir. You said you can one shot a raider, but then you said you have to bow AND kunai a player. Aka you aren't one shotting people, and for the record your "attack" does not increase feat damage. Just like revenge does not diminish feat damage.

Berserker throwing axes, PK xbow, Orochi long bow do the same amount of damage

whovie
02-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Caught you in a lie sir. You said you can one shot a raider, but then you said you have to bow AND kunai a player. Aka you aren't one shotting people, and for the record your "attack" does not increase feat damage. Just like revenge does not diminish feat damage.

Berserker throwing axes, PK xbow, Orochi long bow do the same amount of damage

lol not even close, zerk throwing ax doesn't do near as much damage as the bow thats why they give the zerk 2, but there is a cool down for it which means you can't use both at once.

Tillo.
02-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Orochi bow deals 60 dmg, suffered it today several times xD
I'll take this opportunity to ask a noob question, is there any way to block or dodge orochi's arrow?

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 11:25 PM
lol not even close, zerk throwing ax doesn't do near as much damage as the bow thats why they give the zerk 2, but there is a cool down for it which means you can't use both at once.

OK OK throwing axe does close to half hp and I almost have my feat cooldowm state maxed out I can use both in about 30 seconds.

But I do the same thing. I'll bear trap at the beginning of a fight. Throwing axe in running heavy. GG

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Orochi bow deals 60 dmg, suffered it today several times xD
I'll take this opportunity to ask a noob question, is there any way to block or dodge orochi's arrow?

Get behind cover or roll as soon as it is fired.

Tillo.
02-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Thank you. Apparently if a friend or foe is on the way of the arrow you don't get hit either.

whovie
02-11-2017, 11:51 PM
OK OK throwing axe does close to half hp and I almost have my feat cooldowm state maxed out I can use both in about 30 seconds.

But I do the same thing. I'll bear trap at the beginning of a fight. Throwing axe in running heavy. GG

Elimination aside it still seems odd that the orochi gets 2 ranged attacks 1 that deals roughly 60% health. Against a conq. the throwing ax will do just over a bar of health. Against an orochi it does just over 2 bars of health. The bow against a conq. does about 2 3/4 bars of health. Against an Orochi it does just over 3 bars.

I havent tested the PK's bow, but I think it's safe to say instant damage of that caliber from an orochi seems a bit much for an assassin let alone having 2 ranged attacks.

J0wn3d
02-12-2017, 12:25 AM
Elimination aside it still seems odd that the orochi gets 2 ranged attacks 1 that deals roughly 60% health. Against a conq. the throwing ax will do just over a bar of health. Against an orochi it does just over 2 bars of health. The bow against a conq. does about 2 3/4 bars of health. Against an Orochi it does just over 3 bars.

I havent tested the PK's bow, but I think it's safe to say instant damage of that caliber from an orochi seems a bit much for an assassin let alone having 2 ranged attacks.

Exactly. Someone also compared the bow to the fire flask and catapult, but I'll remind everyone that those are level 4 feats.

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 12:41 AM
Just dodge it.

whovie
02-12-2017, 12:52 AM
Just dodge it.

Yeah because that changes the core fact of the orochi being able to do more attacks and damage from range than other assassins. It's so simple how did i not see it before?

TienLung90
02-12-2017, 01:03 AM
I lost a round in what I thought record time because of the bow. Opening move was a bow to my face, where I start the expert technique of staggering around like a drunken fool until the 2nd arrow dropped me on my rear where I promptly laid there to take a sword shot to the gut. I was so impressed I turned off my system and walked away.

Gorgutz117
02-12-2017, 01:41 AM
I dislike the "gun" that the Orochi gets. It should barely do one small bar of damage, not 50% of remaining hp. Orochi is already the best melee character, he doesn't need guns. It literally feels like he was designed to star in a different game.

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 01:45 AM
Lol, Orochi is kind very well balanced and really paper. If they spam you, just block and punish. wait for the 2 light hit and punish, the 3 one is almost imposible to achieve.

The arrow is quite easy to dodge if you know where it comes from, you can go behind a wall, behind an enemy, or you can just run and do a barreroll, I mean, if you got vision of the map, you can dodge it without any problem, the animation is really slow.