PDA

View Full Version : Interesting discovery about peacekeeper

Gottesprach
02-11-2017, 09:13 PM
So did you know that as an assassin, you cannot block the second hit of a PK light chain if she changes direction? Just did 99 custom matches with a friend as Zerk vs PK, and because of the animation delay changing guard from left-right, or up-left ect...the PK light chain second hit CANNOT be blocked. It is only blockable if she delays her inputs. If the first light hits, the second will as well. I'm not sure if this extends to classes with "normal" blocking as well, but since every class has an animation delay for guard switching, I bet good money it is true.

I believe this is what leads people to find the PK spam too fast. Frankly, because it IS too fast, from a mechanical point of view. Often, if you eat a 1-2 light-light from a PK, by the time you've adjusted your guard, she's started another 1-2 light-light from another side, and again, BOTH hits connect because of defender animation delay.

I believe this to be the source of much of the "PK OP" we hear. Now of course, from a programming standpoint it IS OP, because no other class has guaranteed chains off of a first hit.

Niamak
02-11-2017, 09:54 PM
Warden ?

davedxd
02-11-2017, 10:27 PM
same thing happens with berserker..