PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is with all the unblockable/undodgeable attacks.

lioncashx
02-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Seriously... i don't get it... I'm litterally getting pounded by vikings who pick you up stun you and then smash you while you're on the floor, you can't dodge it, you can't avoid it in anyway, you can't parry it.. WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT!? Such a beautiful combat system feels frankly ruined by ridiculous spam combos that render you absolutely unable to do **** about it. It ain't just vikings either, it's knights who shoulder slam through your OWN shoulder slam, stun you and break you in half. I've had it already, this game is complete turd.

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Seriously... i don't get it... I'm litterally getting pounded by vikings who pick you up stun you and then smash you while you're on the floor, you can't dodge it, you can't avoid it in anyway, you can't parry it.. WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT!? Such a beautiful combat system feels frankly ruined by ridiculous spam combos that render you absolutely unable to do **** about it. It ain't just vikings either, it's knights who shoulder slam through your OWN shoulder slam, stun you and break you in half. I've had it already, this game is complete turd.

You can block it. Same with kensei's stun. You just don't have the red icons. Gotta know the animations. And there is a gear stat debuff resistance or whatever reduces the length of the stun

Drekle
02-11-2017, 09:00 PM
I honestly have only like one gripe about this. When you are out of Stamina you're going to have a bad time, and getting beat on seems to delay the gain of stamina. With stamina I haven't had much issue blocking anything but like Long Bows, which are kinda dumb.

There shouldn't be mechanics that allow an opponent that you are crushing to press a button and win, but most everything right now is capable of being dodged.

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 09:01 PM
I honestly have only like one gripe about this. When you are out of Stamina you're going to have a bad time, and getting beat on seems to delay the gain of stamina. With stamina I haven't had much issue blocking anything but like Long Bows, which are kinda dumb.

There shouldn't be mechanics that allow an opponent that you are crushing to press a button and win, but most everything right now is capable of being dodged.

My classes have some type of range feat, and blocking while out of stamina doesn't slow down stamina gain.

Supersomething
02-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Need to learn the animations as others have said and time your dodges and/or parries appropriately. Everything can be mitigated in some way and all it takes is practice. I had a hell of a time dealing with shoulder charges for a while until I got better at dodging backwards in time and laughing as they just run towards my weapon. If they're doing chain combos go on the defensive and either dodge and parry if they're tossing unblockables or block if they're doing regular hits or time an attack to interrupt their combos. They'll drain their bar quick doing spam attacks like that giving you the advantage.

Gunner11Mendez
02-11-2017, 10:50 PM

Sorry homie, but EVERY unblockable attack can either be DODGED/PARRIED...need to learn the mechanics of the game...simple.

Tillo.
02-11-2017, 11:18 PM
There is nothing unblockable or undodgeable. You can parry or deflect those attacks when the red arrow flashes.