PDA

View Full Version : i wont be getting this garbage

AUSTIN_316
02-11-2017, 08:16 PM
i can't get over how unresponsive the controls are in this game. i pess one thing he does another or does nothing at all. parrying doesn't work. i press the correct direction to perry and the game says m not pressing anything at all. when it does work and i get a perry in my guy wont attack he just stands there. also i dont understand why if i do get a perry i can't follow up with a lite attack? i just get pummeled by spammers

Tillo.
02-11-2017, 08:27 PM
This game is all about timing, you need to press the buttons at the correct time or your hero won't do it.

goneistaja
02-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Yup this game is horrid. Sluggish controls and not any kind of team balancing. I dont know why ubisoft games always repeat the same issues as their previous titles. 60€ for this, no thx

Dez_troi_aR
02-11-2017, 08:49 PM
i can't get over how unresponsive the controls are in this game. i pess one thing he does another or does nothing at all. parrying doesn't work. i press the correct direction to perry and the game says m not pressing anything at all. when it does work and i get a perry in my guy wont attack he just stands there. also i dont understand why if i do get a perry i can't follow up with a lite attack? i just get pummeled by spammers

1. What tillo said. This isnt devil may cry where every command has an instant reaction. You need the correct timing.

2. Do you have a very bad internet connection? Do you constantly experience teleporting and disconnects? In that case you are most likely ruining the game for you and the opponent, if that comforts you ;)

KokuRou142
02-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Nope, I agree with him on this. Closed beta had it right, very reponsive button presses. Simple doubletap "dodge" to roll while in guard. Now, mashing the dodge button just to roll, it's a disaster right now. Revert back to the closed beta and everything will be perfectly fine.

Dez_troi_aR
02-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Yup this game is horrid. Sluggish controls and not any kind of team balancing. I dont know why ubisoft games always repeat the same issues as their previous titles. 60€ for this, no thx

Nope it is not. The controls and the mechanics are great and if you feel otherwise that is a matter of taste (sorry, that is really the only argument i can bring up against unfounded criticism).

And what do you mean "team balancing" ? Yes, For Honor is more like a fighter and it is supposed to be balanced in 1vs1. If there are 8 people hacking at each other, it is not "fair". Deathmatch is a joke, i agree on that, but hopping into dm and expecting totally fair and nice duel situations misses the point.... every game has its trash-modes

Dez_troi_aR
02-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Nope, I agree with him on this. Closed beta had it right, very reponsive button presses. Simple doubletap "dodge" to roll while in guard. Now, mashing the dodge button just to roll, it's a disaster right now. Revert back to the closed beta and everything will be perfectly fine.

Could only play the open beta for two days and didnt notice any differences.

Zaalogg
02-11-2017, 08:58 PM
1. What tillo said. This isnt devil may cry where every command has an instant reaction. You need the correct timing.

2. Do you have a very bad internet connection? Do you constantly experience teleporting and disconnects? In that case you are most likely ruining the game for you and the opponent, if that comforts you ;)

its not him ruining the game its the greedy company that try so hard to smokescreen the fact P2P is the DEATH of timing and REACTIONS. in closed beta i had not so much problems like now!!! This game isnt worth 60€. I would prefer to eat a steak in a restaurant with a bottle of whine to it instead wasting my money for this "expirience"! I never felt such a need for meds to stay calm!!

SirKektheDank
02-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Controls feel pretty responsive to me. The problem's on your end m8.

Vlakna
02-11-2017, 09:07 PM
I only play this game in open beta. Thought it was fun (the few times I could play)

1. Was only able to join duel once
2. Not able to play deathmatch after the 1st night in open beta
3. Domination keeps crashing (every now and then I able to play 1 match)
4 If try to continue with the same grp after a match the game sends an erroe message.

So what is the deal of buying a game I cant play. Dont get me wrong the game is fun but its not a very good experience.
I hope Ubisoft doesnt comes with the response that this is open beta. Cause u are launching in a couple of days. Experience tells me you wont fix this before launch

Pd. Pardon my English. since its not my primary language.

Zaalogg
02-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Controls feel pretty responsive to me. The problem's on your end m8.

you with controller? You on PC?

whovie
02-11-2017, 09:35 PM
The controls have gotten more sluggish. The alpha was so crisp control wise, beta it became a little clunky and now it's worse. It might be because more people have been playing with each test, or they have changed things its honestly hard to tell. But there is an obvious difference in the controls response from alpha to open beta.

AUSTIN_316
02-11-2017, 09:37 PM
This game is all about timing, you need to press the buttons at the correct time or your hero won't do it.
i know what you are saying and i have done this. also for parrying you don't need to time it really as long as you hold it in the rite direction it will perry

spaff_meister
02-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Some characters react and recover quicker/slower you know. You may be mistaking this for lack of response time.

Or, if you're on a wireless controller, it might be your connection is a few milliseconds behind.

I have had no issues with control response.

XxKillaChaosxX
02-11-2017, 09:53 PM
i know what you are saying and i have done this. also for parrying you don't need to time it really as long as you hold it in the rite direction it will perry

Actually you do need to time it. Holding it doesn't work. You have to wait for the guard indicator to flash otherwise it won't work. Don't assume something is broken just because YOU can't get it to work.

jezpida
02-11-2017, 10:43 PM

yeah you just said you dont need to time the parry... you must be some idiot who clearly needs to get good before whining in the forums. the game is responsive. your just probably mashing like a noob thinking its a hack and slash while its more like chess

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 10:45 PM
one or two word thou. Desync, Lag. The response of our movements vary because of that.

DasBigHippo
02-11-2017, 10:51 PM

I have played both OB and CB for quite a bit, and they feel the same.If something did change, it's not very noticeable.

AUSTIN_316
02-14-2017, 09:07 AM
yeah you just said you dont need to time the parry... you must be some idiot who clearly needs to get good before whining in the forums. the game is responsive. your just probably mashing like a noob thinking its a hack and slash while its more like chess

i know this *** go back to cod kid.