PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Leveling?

Fo1v
02-11-2017, 06:52 PM
I am just curious as to what the best way to grind levels would be for when the full release hits. What are your thoughts and experiences?

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Do good in 4v4 game. Best XP.

Fo1v
02-11-2017, 06:58 PM

So far, that has been my experience. I usually play as a raider with troop buff perk, and healing on enemy troop kills so that I can stay and defend point B while knocking out troops to get our score up. Usually net anywhere from 400-600 points per match this way which seems to offer me the best reward; plus we usually win.

(Unless you mean elimination)

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 06:59 PM
So far, that has been my experience. I usually play as a raider with troop buff perk, and healing on enemy troop kills so that I can stay and defend it while knocking out troops to get our score up. Usually net anywhere from 400-600 points per match this way which seems to offer me the best reward; plus we usually win.

In dominion play the point. Like this guy said. But better. 😉

RatedChaotic
02-11-2017, 07:04 PM
This is one of those games where leveling fast is not my top priority.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-11-2017, 07:05 PM
4x4's seem to give similar xp to Dominion but the games are quicker.

Fo1v
02-11-2017, 07:13 PM
This is one of those games where leveling fast is not my top priority.

With the way the gear system works, unfortunately it will be top priority for me at least until I get a single hero up fairly high so that I can start consistently finding more high-quality gear.

RabidUrko
02-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Play the game and have fun , fast levelling ? sheesh whats the rush.

Fo1v
02-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Play the game and have fun , fast levelling ? sheesh whats the rush.

Hm. Well, I actually tried to explain what my rush is personally just above your comment.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-11-2017, 07:34 PM
With the way the gear system works, unfortunately it will be top priority for me at least until I get a single hero up fairly high so that I can start consistently finding more high-quality gear.

Exactly this. Trying to get my Warden to rep 2 so I can see what kind of gear she'll get from salvage kits. I have around 1200+ currency so I'll be able to get two as it stands, more likely once I get there.
I can't wait to see what I get next. Purples? :D

Fo1v
02-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Exactly this. Trying to get my Warden to rep 2 so I can see what kind of gear she'll get from salvage kits. I have around 1200+ currency so I'll be able to get two as it stands, more likely once I get there.
I can't wait to see what I get next. Purples? :D

Just to make sure you aren't burning yourself out grinding, you do realize that there is a confirmed wipe on release correct? Just passing the word along because a few of my friends were unaware. Now is the best time to just play around with other heroes before the grind starts on the 14th.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Just to make sure you aren't burning yourself grinding, you do realize that there is a confirmed wipe on release correct? Just passing the word along because a few of my friends were unaware. Now is the best time to just play around with other heroes before the grind starts on the 14th.

I have heard that yes but I haven't actually bought the game. (Poor). When the beta ends, so does my gameplay. My paypal is on my youtube videos (I've been recording most of my gameplay) but no nibbles quite yet.

Mid_Evil
02-11-2017, 08:12 PM

I did a little bit of experimenting with this but seems to me that dominion vs AI seems to be the best. Better you do the better the exp and AI is generally easier and easier to predict than players. Unless of coarse you get lucky with a bunch of noobs.

Fo1v
02-12-2017, 03:35 AM
I did a little bit of experimenting with this but seems to me that dominion vs AI seems to be the best. Better you do the better the exp and AI is generally easier and easier to predict than players. Unless of coarse you get lucky with a bunch of noobs.

Do bot matches not give less XP overall? I would think that PvP would offer a substantially higher reward but perhaps i'm wrong. Does anyone have some data surrounding AI vs. PvP xp gain averages?

Karma_Ghost
02-12-2017, 05:46 AM
Generally, dominion seems to net the most. However, if you're good and can finish duels and brawls quickly, those will probably net more depending on load time (SSD). With level 1 bots, I found the easiest thing to do is play AI brawl on hazard rich maps (ex: sanctuary gate) and throw the bots off the map. 3 rounds typically took ~90 seconds.

PendragonArtura
02-12-2017, 05:50 AM
Just play 1V1 and 2V2 to reach lvl 20, so the gear don't count at all and you'll earn more skill.

Once prestiged, buy your rare stuff, and you can start to dominion and deathmatch.

I guess that's the best.

Pillowseller
02-12-2017, 06:49 AM
...vs AI, if it's functional. The fastest to find the match for sure.

I'm not sure the chance to get gears differ on each game mode. Can anyone tell about this?