PDA

View Full Version : how will they fight againts rage quitters?

Reaper_Sykko
02-11-2017, 06:32 PM
thers tons of them, specially in 1v1 2v2 , cant do much about it for free play but at least when ranked modes come out give them a big rank points penalty.

Gorgutz117
02-11-2017, 06:34 PM
thers tons of them, specially in 1v1 2v2

You don't need to do this. Just give the winning player a win. The devs can instead incentivize not quitting/dropping by allowing people who fight honorably to the bitter end to get steel/salvage and so on, whereas a rage quitter just wasted his time.

Trying to "punish" people for quitting early will just end up pissing off people who suffer lag or drop, and it's a waste of time when they could be working on new content and balancing up existing heroes.

Reaper_Sykko
02-11-2017, 06:38 PM
so im in a match , im 1-0 , i can leave now and tanke my win , kkthxbye
also yes they should punish them ,and if you go online while knowing your internet is lagy and not stable well whos fault is it.

RatedChaotic
02-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Had 3 rage quitters 3 times in a row. Every one of them left before the second round even started. Tho it possibly couldve been this crappy P2P. Tho I doubt it. Ya you were not ready to step in with the big boys have some Honor and finish the match anyway or get punished for leaving.

Gorgutz117
02-11-2017, 07:06 PM
I hear you, but it's pointless to waste time trying to figure out how to "punish" people when it's much better/easier to reward people. Give people bonus salvage/iron for successive matches with no drops. Give people an XP multiplier or use a rep system. Give players the option to block certain players from connecting to their games, the same way you can block obscene players in other MP games. There are options that will allow you to screen out troublesome people without going to the trouble of implementing some "punishment" system that will end up also punishing innocent people.

RatedChaotic
02-11-2017, 07:10 PM
But thats when exploits emerge. I'd duel my buddy and we will take turns quiting for materials or for your xp boots. Your suggestion would just create exploiting. Punishments would be better.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 07:13 PM
What did they think was going to happen when they made a order that was to win a 2v2 without dieing. As soon as the person dies, they were quiting and onto the next match. Problem with giving them a loss us that alot of people don't care if they get a loss. When someone quits they get a loss and you get an easy win vs a bot. Not much more they can do. Win or lose, you get steel and xp at the end of a match. They already reward people who finish the fight, same as every game. If your playing online your going to have rage quite. Only way to avoid it is to play an offine game, you make the choice.

Gorgutz117
02-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Agreed. Rage quitting doesn't bother me and it happens in every game. If they quit you were going to win anyway so just kill the bot and move on. A win is a win, I haven't had people rage quit in Dominion games and that's mostly what I play. I only do the other modes to get contract steel and bonus xp.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 07:19 PM
But thats when exploits emerge. I'd duel my buddy and we will take turns quiting for materials. Your suggestion would just create exploiting. Punishments would be better.

You can only duel a friend in custom game mode, custom games give no steel or xp. Your exploit won't work.

RabidUrko
02-11-2017, 07:24 PM
What everyone is overlooking is right now this is BETA, full of players who probably arent that bothered with the game overall.

I can see very few rage quitters when the game is released.

Gorgutz117
02-11-2017, 08:01 PM
You can only duel a friend in custom game mode, custom games give no steel or xp. Your exploit won't work.

If that's what you want to do then fine. It doesn't hurt anyone else's enjoyment. The player who quits is replaced by a bot and you kill it for your xp/mats. You can also just skip a step and duel bots for easy xp and steel, or just buy some from the store when it's released.

FailOfHDDVD
02-11-2017, 08:02 PM
kids need to be punished

goneistaja
02-11-2017, 08:05 PM
So the game hasnt even been released and your talking already about punishing players? Is this the most important thing in the game in your opinion that needs to be done?

TCTF_SWAT
02-11-2017, 08:08 PM
They do get punished. no steel or exp. No war assets either. What more do we need?

Helnekromancer
02-11-2017, 08:11 PM
I stopped playing 1v1 and 2v2 because everyone I kill quits on me and either is replaced with a bot or crashes the game. In which I'm thrown back into the main menu and I can't join another game because it says "matchmaking isn't ready" and I'm forced to restart my xbox. So now I just play 4v4 and run into 3-4 mans gank squads who constantly run away like cowards when your about to kill one of them. I rather deal with a gank squad than rage quitters.

Torgofoxtrot160
02-11-2017, 08:48 PM
This games codding on peer to peer is lazy and garbage instead of doing a server they went peer to peer, which means even if your internet good one guy can lag the match they way they codded they latency net. They say they adjusted it to drop peoples who pings spike but when online everyone ping spikes therefore you going have they b/s connection drama the beta and alpha had and they dont seem to be fixing it. claiming they reduced the latency to drop people when ping goes high results and random drops .. game crashes and many more issues. Where a server would of been more stable and suitable for Online Multiplayer games.. Being Lazy and cheap is not an excuse i Feel after a year of testing and trying communicate with them this game is going be as ****ty as Last Assassin Creed and as buggy. Just wish was way refund my 100$ be the last Ubisoft game i ever buy

goneistaja
02-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Seriously, this is peer to peer?

SethUnleashed
02-11-2017, 09:26 PM
do quitters at least get a lose added to their statistics by now? because in the closed beta they didnt which is as dumb as it gets.

2 things that should be enough:

- quitting adds a loss to your statistics

- quitting 3 times within 24 hours will give you a "debuff" of sorts for 24 hours that reduces xp/steel gain

Swiftstrike76
02-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Something definitely needs to be done. Joined a session started winning, host left back to menu. Matches SHOULD NOT rely on peer to peer.

Zaalogg
02-11-2017, 09:47 PM
punish uplay by not buying the game, sorted. They are responsible for many pis-sed off people that cant even dodge/block a bad *** slomo-heavy-attack of a doublhanded axe cuz this P2P kills the skill of timing, no matter how good you are. The moment of live or die is so tiny and it changes from match to match you ll never get this working unless you play alone against bots or 1vs1 with a friend close to you. I also had people "leaving" the game a lot despite the fact they were in lead. So fu-ck this P2P crap, i almost killed my screen already. 60€ bucks for this? i remember times where PC games cost 30-50 € and the company behind it made millions despite the fact there is warez and piracy and now look how far it has come: they cant get enough, putting some midclass engine in a atractive dress and once you got the lady in your bed you realize she doesnt even have a va-gina....you as cunstomers count NOTHING to them, they just want your money and they do as less efford as possible to make YOU happy.

Edit: yea i ve read enough of the older posts from ALPHA and closed beta and it turns out this game has exactly this issues many people complaining about since ALPHA and the first thing is P2P. Charging 60 bucks and not even providing a positive game expirience by spend some money for dedicated servers its a pity!

Auztinito
02-11-2017, 10:21 PM
I've rage quit exactly 3 times since start of the open beta because of dumb teammate that literally ditch their teammate to get jumped & not help at all.Hell,sometime they even sit there and watch their teammates get killed in 3v1 situation only to die 30 secs later costing your team the match.If we start punishing rage quitting then we need a vote to kick option.

Rithuamh
02-11-2017, 10:33 PM
How do you know they are rage quitting? I can almost never complete a game. I always get disconnected.