PDA

View Full Version : This game is too expensive?

DrPastah
02-11-2017, 06:02 PM
I am playing the open beta right now and I am enjoying the game quite a lot. I was thinking of buying the game but then I saw the price tag being $80. Is that not too expensive for a multiplayer game where there is not that much content out? Will there be a sale on the game sometime soon?

drinkmyblasphem
02-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the modern world of video games mate

coolbord9
02-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Apparently theres a campaign but the only spoilers of it look like a game of dominion with a boss minion at the end of the map....

WTWR_Zydrate
02-11-2017, 06:17 PM
The 60$ I expect from a triple-A release but the 100$ version is pretty insane. I miss the days of 20$ season passes.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-11-2017, 06:30 PM
I am seeing $60, don't know what edition you are looking at but base edition is the standard price.

Basic is 60, deluxe is 80, super is 100. Not sure how you can't see it, they plaster it all over the place.

coolbord9
02-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Basic is 60, deluxe is 80, super is 100. Not sure how you can't see it, they plaster it all over the place.

hes a lame troll

DrPastah
02-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the modern world of video games mate
Horrid times when people just fork out money no matter how expensive it is :nonchalance:

Shukr4n
02-11-2017, 07:57 PM
wait 6-12 months.
50-75% drop price or f2p..
trust me

DrPastah
02-11-2017, 09:09 PM
wait 6-12 months.
trust me

I guess I will just wait for this then.

Zaalogg
02-11-2017, 09:54 PM
I am playing the open beta right now and I am enjoying the game quite a lot. I was thinking of buying the game but then I saw the price tag being $80. Is that not too expensive for a multiplayer game where there is not that much content out? Will there be a sale on the game sometime soon?

80$? i ve just made a post about greed because in germany it 60 € and its a ****ing rip off!

Karma_Ghost
02-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Standard: $59.99
Deluxe: $69.99
Gold: $99.99

Somehow you've completely missed the mark. $60 is industry standard for AAA(+) titles. Adjusted for inflation, the price for games has actually gone down. In the 90's games cost the equivalent of $80-100 without any extras.

Also, this is BETA (it explains this when you launch). You don't even have access to the campaign, 6 of the 12 maps, 3 of 12 warriors, and that's not even counting the DLC that you 're going to get for free. How is that not enough content?

Brave_Thunder
02-11-2017, 10:15 PM
On Ps Store there is only the gold and the delude edition,not the 60 one...gg sony

Zv1k0
02-11-2017, 10:36 PM
On Ps Store there is only the gold and the delude edition,not the 60 one...gg sony

Search harder...of course theres 60 one. Im preordering tomorrow i think.

Rithuamh
02-11-2017, 10:36 PM
There is really no reason to buy anything other than the basic edition. Even then, the asking price seems like a bit much for such a bare bones game. If the gameplay alone can keep you engaged, then grab thr basic edition. If not, I would wait for the price to go down alongside some more content to be released.

Fa3r.
02-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Standard: $59.99
Deluxe: $69.99
Gold: $99.99

Somehow you've completely missed the mark. $60 is industry standard for AAA(+) titles. Adjusted for inflation, the price for games has actually gone down. In the 90's games cost the equivalent of $80-100 without any extras.

Also, this is BETA (it explains this when you launch). You don't even have access to the campaign, 6 of the 12 maps, 3 of 12 warriors, and that's not even counting the DLC that you 're going to get for free. How is that not enough content?

90s games actually felt like complete games. The audience for purchasing games has grown ridiculously since then as well. The gaming industry now generates much more money in retail than it did in the 90s, even adjusted for inflation.

If you think there is some wealth of content waiting on release compared to beta, I firmly believe you are wrong. I would love to be proven wrong, but this is the trend nowadays.

These companies cut corners ridiculously now that they have the ability to update the games over time. It's all about the initial sales. That is why the choice to go with a P2P system was made.

This **** is getting out of hand because people are somehow happy paying more for less. I really wanted this game to be good, but this awful backend has made sure that won't happen. They put so much money into marketing, how about some dedicated servers? Nope, because initial sales is all that matters.

This is a game that happens to be made by a AAA company, so it deserves $60 no matter what(lol@Steep)? That is one of the most ignorant ways of thinking. There are a wealth of games out there that give you significantly more for significantly less. I'll be playing them with my $60 in my pocket until Ubisoft demonstrates that they do care about the longevity of this game.

PixelZed
02-11-2017, 10:50 PM

Why do people look at the most expensive version and then say "OH MY GOD IT'S SO EXPENSIVE" when you can buy the game for the INDUSTRY STANDARD price of $60.

http://prntscr.com/e7j8tm

Also, what kind of idiot asks for sales on a game that's not even out yet? Why are you so damn cheap? lol.

teksuo1
02-11-2017, 11:20 PM
tell me about it..
being canadian sucks these days.

120$CA for gold edition
190$CA for elite controller (i can't manage "RS down + X" on the classic controller)

310$CA for a decent gaming experience :nonchalance:

*for a game made in montreal, a few miles away... fml

DrPastah
02-12-2017, 04:22 AM
I was surprised that there were even more expensive versions after the $80 CDN *basic edition*, I thought you guys were joking. :eek:

GamerErrant
02-12-2017, 04:30 AM
Lack of content? You do know the entire campaign, which can be played Co-op too, isn't in the beta right? And we're only playing on half of the maps, with 3 of the classes missing? They've also left out lots of customization items and other fluff. There is plenty of content to justify the standard AAA full price.

JudgeGavri-EL
02-12-2017, 04:35 AM

really? In my place its only about 45$ for the standard and deluxe edition.

Karma_Ghost
02-12-2017, 04:59 AM
90s games actually felt like complete games. The audience for purchasing games has grown ridiculously since then as well. The gaming industry now generates much more money in retail than it did in the 90s, even adjusted for inflation.

If you think there is some wealth of content waiting on release compared to beta, I firmly believe you are wrong. I would love to be proven wrong, but this is the trend nowadays.

These companies cut corners ridiculously now that they have the ability to update the games over time. It's all about the initial sales. That is why the choice to go with a P2P system was made.

This **** is getting out of hand because people are somehow happy paying more for less. I really wanted this game to be good, but this awful backend has made sure that won't happen. They put so much money into marketing, how about some dedicated servers? Nope, because initial sales is all that matters.

This is a game that happens to be made by a AAA company, so it deserves $60 no matter what(lol@Steep)? That is one of the most ignorant ways of thinking. There are a wealth of games out there that give you significantly more for significantly less. I'll be playing them with my $60 in my pocket until Ubisoft demonstrates that they do care about the longevity of this game.

1. 90's games were complete games because there wasn't any real mechanism for adding content after someone bought the game. Modern games have more content. If you need any proof, go download an emulator.

2. You currently don't have access to half the maps, 3/12 warriors, campaign mode, or the DLC, which will be free. It's not a matter of belief, it's fact.

3. Releasing games on schedule isn't cutting any corners. They still have to pay for everything being fixed post launch. It's not like devs are going to work for free.

4. AAA (+) isn't a rating for the development company. It's a rating for the budget of the game and it's expected profits.

5. I doubt anything will change your mind. You sound like you feel you're entitled to the full experience for free.

Duuklah
02-12-2017, 09:26 AM
$79 Canadian is WAY too much for this game. It's just not fleshed out enough.

This will eventually go F2P or at least go on sale for 60% off..

Right now it's not worth it.

XExarkunX
02-12-2017, 11:15 AM
QQ does no one remember when SNES games were like 50-60 bucks as well? lol people act like games were cheaper 20+ years ago. games don't really change in price, just these days we have different editions with different bonus items. and of course now that gaming is more mainstream all the people that missed out and thought gaming was "nerdy" way back then wouldn't remember price tags on games -.-

Trenk2009
02-12-2017, 12:16 PM

80$ ?! The base game is 60$ ...

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 12:22 PM
QQ does no one remember when SNES games were like 50-60 bucks as well? lol people act like games were cheaper 20+ years ago. games don't really change in price, just these days we have different editions with different bonus items. and of course now that gaming is more mainstream all the people that missed out and thought gaming was "nerdy" way back then wouldn't remember price tags on games -.-

true. but 20 years ago there were almost no multiplayer game except split screen.
games were truly released. no these betas /early access / forgotten bugged games.

u spent money for something u knew it was there.

we cannot compare two different ages of technology together.

so..now we have this game. we could test closed, open betas, maybe someone tested alphas.... now we a this product. is it completed? don't know..we tested betas. it is stable because multiplayer? don't know, we are testing beta.
BUT we tested it. so..from what u tested right now, considering it may stay into final product, since it will be releqsed in 2 days, are u going to purchase it for 60+$€? my personal answer. NO.

y0olo0
02-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Have you tought in buyin in a approved retailer?

Theres a list in the forum given by an admin.

I saw there at 38 deluxe edition

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 01:06 PM
No as it stands it does NOT feel like a full price game.

- NO DEDICATED SERVERS

- Not enough levels to play on.

- The OBVIOUS implication of micro-transactions

- The marginal amount of playable characters

Tocki92
02-12-2017, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't buy the game on steam or uplay. I can get the game for about 43, which is not that cheap, but I think worth the money. I support extra content over months, which is for "free". Not like other companies like ea or creative assemble. They bring unfinished games and you pay for the dlc...

Chris_Oblivion
02-12-2017, 02:15 PM
wait 6-12 months.
trust me

Why should we trust you? What are you credentials? Trust isn't given freely; it is earned. So tell me, what do you do to earn the trust of a discerning person?

Fuzzybutts
02-12-2017, 02:29 PM
You can get 20% off at GreenManGaming right now as well if you want to get it cheaper~

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Buy it on disk it's cheaper.

Damage_Incorp
02-12-2017, 02:45 PM
37 euro in CD key sites.

rokkkar2010
02-12-2017, 02:47 PM
got the gold edition for 60$ from cdkeys.com

NecroholicRage
02-12-2017, 04:12 PM
For what the game is offering, it is indeed too expensive. $80 in Canada for the basic edition. I know that is industry standard for a AAA title these days, and yes if you adjust old game prices for inflation its not so bad in comparison, but other people are not wrong when they say games of this price range offered a richer experience back in the day (and this goes for a LOT of games that cost this much these days, not just this one).

I do not consider a game worthy of being called AAA just because they are made by a major studio. This game looks pretty but its doesn't feel like its giving me a AAA experience.
Even if they quadruple the number of maps for release and add a campaign mode I do not see this being worth 80 bucks as it does not look like it would hold my attention for more than a week. There are just too many issues with it that I don't see them fixing. These issues are not bugs and **** like connection issues, these are issues ingrained in the gameplay mechanics.

When I first saw this game I envisioned a multiplayer experience similar to Mount & Blade: Warband but with different mechanics, amazing graphics, and a cool class and customization system. Instead the multiplayer is bland and unrewarding. Dominion is a waste of time but should be the best, most in depth rewarding mode! The only mode that doesn't invoke disappointment and, usually, "cursing at the screen" levels of rage, is 1v1 or 2v2 duels. I'm not spending the same amount of money that my electricity bill costs just to 1v1 duel people online, no matter how many maps there are to do it in.

I would like to say this game as it stands now, taking into account additional maps and a campaign mode they will add, is worth about $30 CDN to me right now, but if they made it that cheap they would just ruin it further by adding some kind of cash shop or releasing additional maps and upgrades as paid DLC or something like that.

Unfortunately for me, this game is a pass.

Fa3r.
02-12-2017, 05:17 PM
1. 90's games were complete games because there wasn't any real mechanism for adding content after someone bought the game. Modern games have more content. If you need any proof, go download an emulator.

2. You currently don't have access to half the maps, 3/12 warriors, campaign mode, or the DLC, which will be free. It's not a matter of belief, it's fact.

3. Releasing games on schedule isn't cutting any corners. They still have to pay for everything being fixed post launch. It's not like devs are going to work for free.

4. AAA (+) isn't a rating for the development company. It's a rating for the budget of the game and it's expected profits.

5. I doubt anything will change your mind. You sound like you feel you're entitled to the full experience for free.

1. I understand that, but the reason they were more complete is irrelevent. The fact remains that games should still hold that level of standard, not just half *** rush it because they can update it later.

2. Is that a wealth of content? Not in my eyes. Your campaign isn't going to be as extensive or different than you think it is. Once again when the game comes out and I'm proven wrong great! I'm not trying to smear the games name, I wanted this game to last and be worth it.

3. If you say so. Ubisoft has a bad history.

4. Sure, but what point are you trying to make? This game does not come close to being the standard I expect when I think of a AAA game. I expect most of the budget for this game went to marketing/advertising.

5.This is a big low brain assumption, so cool. I want to pay $60 for the game. I want the game to succeed. I don't expect anything for free. I'm a consumer in the target audience for this game. These are very real problems to me, and many others obviously. Stop fanboy defending the game because you love it and others don't. Some of us are trying to have a constructive conversation here, and these types of comments are unnecesary and unconstructive.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Why should we trust you? What are you credentials? Trust isn't given freely; it is earned. So tell me, what do you do to earn the trust of a discerning person?

because i am a wizard!

anyway this game has all credential to became a ghoo f2p title:

- microtransaction easy implemented.
- premium easy to implement
- p2p will ruin the game so ubisoft will sell the game to someone who can make profit with f2p model transforming it into a f2p.

LuzAriusLive
02-13-2017, 02:10 AM
I tried the open beta. It's fun, but not worth $60.00. I'll have to wait until the price drops.