PDA

View Full Version : So...what exactly is the meta right now?

SirKektheDank
02-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Hey, so I'm a hecking noob who only played with actual human beings for the first time just yesterday (and it was still vs. AI), so as you can imagine, I literally know nothing about this game. I mean, I get what I'm supposed to do, I just constantly forget that dodging exists. Anyway, what I want to know is just where the meta stands right now. What's good, what's bad, etc. Not really looking for claims of "X is OP" because I'm naturally skeptical of any such claims, but if something is legitimately OP, then I would like to know why. So, yeah, that's basically what this thread is.

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 05:54 PM
We are missing 3 characters can't establish a meta yet.

RedPandaBoii
02-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Quite simply, there is no meta. All the characters are equally balanced. An Assassin character can beat a Vanguard, a Vanguard can beat a Hybrid, and so forth. It all depends on skill level. A person who's very skilled with the Nobushi can beat a person who's mildly skilled with the Conquerer. Thats what it comes down to. Skill. No meta like Overhyped

WALKMANmr
02-11-2017, 06:12 PM
the meta is orochi, berserk and warden
either parry, dodge attack, or spam zone attack

Mr.0reo
02-11-2017, 06:27 PM
the meta is NOOBushi all the way.

Tynnsmooth
02-11-2017, 06:53 PM
the meta is orochi, berserk and warden
either parry, dodge attack, or spam zone attack

You mean peacekeeper, conqueror, and warlord. Berserker is actually one of the worst characters in the game due to parries leading into guard breaks and heavy hits on any of her light or heavy attacks. The only way to play is spam feign and hope they don't attack you.

Oupyz
02-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Noobushi , lol probably the weaskest , orochi,warden,pk,warlord that's all you see

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 06:57 PM
You mean peacekeeper, conqueror, and warlord. Berserker is actually one of the worst characters in the game due to parries leading into guard breaks and heavy hits on any of her light or heavy attacks. The only way to play is spam feign and hope they don't attack you.

Only parrying with a berserker does not go into a guard block. Dodging at the right moment does. Git gud.

Gorgutz117
02-11-2017, 07:11 PM
The meta right now is Orochi>>>Nobushi>>Warlord>Conqueror>>> pretty much everything else.

Raider is the worst right now. Not that you can't ever win with him, but he has the worst moveset, no guaranteed heavy hits after a successful stun or parry, can't punish mistakes, and is too slow compared to even Heavy characters. He has one good/cheap move where he can bum rush people off cliff, and that's a good way to piss people off rather than actually, you know, duel them. I expect he will be brought up to the level of other characters soon and the devs did a great job after closed beta, but remember you *are* playing a beta right now and not a finished product.

Overall this game is shaping up to be one of the all time greats and I'm glad I pre-ordered it.

ArantirQc
02-15-2017, 06:57 AM
the meta right now ( and possibly the meta forever) is pretty much any fast character orochi/warden/peacekeeper/nabushi

Jackycsw006
02-15-2017, 07:00 AM
The true meta is picking whatever you find appealing and want to play, then hop into a game and start praying. Pray that the server lets you finish a full game. That is, after you manage to finally get into one.