PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous guard break interaction

Suedomsa_Drol
02-11-2017, 04:14 PM
So I've encountered an issue and I don't know if it's lag or something else but I've noticed that if I guardbreak at the same time as my opponent, or almost at the same time, one of our guardbreaks goes through and doesn't get countered. Usually I notice when this happens to me but I've heard opponents and other players mention the same issue. Essentially we both go in for a guard-break, but because the person who is slightly slower isn't hitting theirs in the window to counter-guardbreak, they're going in for a guardbreak at the same time, the slightly slower person gets their guard broken and basically doesn't get a chance to counter the opponents guard break.

I can't tell if this is an issue of lag or just the way nearly simultaneous guard breaks interact, though I think if it's the latter the game should either have both players pushed back slightly with nothing happening, or have no interaction guard break or otherwise. The way it feels now if two people go in to guardbreak at the same time it feels like mostly luck which one pulls it off, and the unlucky one doesn't really have a way to respond.

Warp_11
02-11-2017, 05:53 PM
it looks like if you GB is the exact same time - nothing happens, but if one player is even 0.3 seconds late - only he gets hit

TCTF_SWAT
02-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Yeah, it's a thing. Don't know why Ubi decied a coin toss for whoever GB's first. It should be if two GB's connect then it's teched and goes back to neutral instead.

whovie
02-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it's a thing. Don't know why Ubi decied a coin toss for whoever GB's first. It should be if two GB's connect then it's teched and goes back to neutral instead.

This. It's frustrating to see GB icons for both players and for one person to get it without a chance of counter.