PDA

View Full Version : Posting again about parry into guardbreak exploit/bug or whatever you want to call it

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 04:02 PM
I've posted a thread about this once before, but it didn't seem to get fixed, so here I am posting again.

If you parry an attack, then follow up with a guardbreak, the enemy player has ZERO chance to prevent said guardbreak. I can only assume this is a bug because it leads to a no-win scenario where if the enemy player is good at parrying, you cannot attack, and since they're good at parrying it stands to reason they're good at guardbreaks, too.

I've tested this well over 100 times at this point and it's consistent, parry into guardbreak and the enemy player CANNOT stop said guardbreak.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the only character that seems to be immune to this is Nobushi, because whenever she's parried she's out of guardbreak range. It works on everyone else.

EDIT 2: After some more testing, the Samurai characters seem to be very strange in this scenario, Kensei isn't immune, but has a weird timing to it, rather than just mashing X out of parry. It's very strange. Orochi is just as vulnerable to this as all other characters, and Nobushi just seems immune to this method full stop.

Linkerino
02-11-2017, 04:31 PM
it is not a bug lol. Parrying gives you more frame advantage pretty much. You can't counter a guardbreak after you got parried. If the enemy is good at parrying you have to think, you have to use really smart Feints and you have to parry/deflect too lol. That's where the game gets intense, when both players are good at parrying and both start feinting. Mind games are real after this.

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 04:44 PM
it is not a bug lol. Parrying gives you more frame advantage pretty much. You can't counter a guardbreak after you got parried. If the enemy is good at parrying you have to think, you have to use really smart Feints and you have to parry/deflect too lol. That's where the game gets intense, when both players are good at parrying and both start feinting. Mind games are real after this.

Except it is a bug lol.
You can't counter it if you throw out the guardbreak, but you CAN counter it if someone dashes, THEN guardbreaks? Care to explain?
Why is Nobushi immune to it, otherwise, then?
It's clearly not intentional, otherwise it would be consistent with every character, and it opens up FREE hits unless like you said, you feint every hit, which is again just another thing that people can counter.

waraidako
02-11-2017, 05:01 PM
It's not a bug it's a feature. Learn to feint your attack, and then do it to them.

Slowthrob
02-11-2017, 05:05 PM
a bug... why would it be a bug.

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 05:11 PM
It's not a bug it's a feature. Learn to feint your attack, and then do it to them.

See above.
Nobushi is entirely immune to this guardbreak, and Kensei is weird with the timing, yet all other characters are vulnerable to it? Yes i'm sure that's intentional right.

Slowthrob, also see above, I've already said that there's literally 0 chance of preventing this guardbreak, on top of Nobushi and Kensei not being affected by it for some reason.

waraidako
02-11-2017, 05:13 PM
See above.
Nobushi is entirely immune to this guardbreak, and Kensei is weird with the timing, yet all other characters are vulnerable to it? Yes i'm sure that's intentional right.

Slowthrob, also see above, I've already said that there's literally 0 chance of preventing this guardbreak, on top of Nobushi and Kensei not being affected by it for some reason.

Yeah she is, because she's far away. That's what happens when you have a polearm. Get closer, then parry.

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Yeah she is, because she's far away. That's what happens when you have a polearm. Get closer, then parry.

Go ahead and test it, mate. She is immune NO MATTER THE DISTANCE that you parried from, but you won't test it, and you'll still refute what I say because you probably use the exploit lol.

Linkerino
02-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Nobushi and Kensei has the range advantage thus you can't guardbreak them after a parry unless they attack from really close. Also if you parry someone THEN DASH they can counter the guardbreak because you gave them time to recover from the parry stun state (think street fighter or any fighting game frame data for example). Is not a bug, BUT the Kensei and Nobushi has great advantages because of this. As a warden I can only punish them with a zone attack, unless they attack from too close or there is a wall behind them.

Hellhound66
02-11-2017, 05:29 PM
It's not a bug. It is just a ret.arded game mechanic. They should fix that.

Slowthrob
02-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Still saying, I think it's intented mechanic. Although, there might a be a bug with PK with that mechanic, cause she gets the guard break with just a block. But sure, there are some weird interractions still present.

waraidako
02-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Go ahead and test it, mate. She is immune NO MATTER THE DISTANCE that you parried from, but you won't test it, and you'll still refute what I say because you probably use the exploit lol.

If that's the case then that's just one of her advantages as a polearm user. Still not a bug.

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Nobushi and Kensei has the range advantage thus you can't guardbreak them after a parry unless they attack from really close. Also if you parry someone THEN DASH they can counter the guardbreak because you gave them time to recover from the parry stun state (think street fighter or any fighting game frame data for example). Is not a bug, BUT the Kensei and Nobushi has great advantages because of this. As a warden I can only punish them with a zone attack, unless they attack from too close or there is a wall behind them.

I fully understand where you're coming from, but, I've tested from different ranges, and the range doesn't make a single difference, whether you're extremely close or far away these characters are STILL immune to the guardbreak (Kensei isn't necessarily immune, but he's harder to hit with the guardbreak, Nobushi is fully immune.)

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 05:35 PM
If that's the case then that's just one of her advantages as a polearm user. Still not a bug.

How is it an advantage if I'M ON TOP OF HER? also, that doesn't explain Kensei who has LESS range. You're not arguing you're just saying "you're wrong" without any substance.

Linkerino
02-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Weird, because I GB some Nobushis after a Heavy from up close. Don't know after a light tho hmmm good question. But that's one of the reasons Nobushi is very strong atm.

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Weird, because I GB some Nobushis after a Heavy from up close. Don't know after a light tho hmmm good question. But that's one of the reasons Nobushi is very strong atm.

After the parry, I have been unable to guardbreak a single Nobushi, in any tests. Bear in mind I am specifically talking about guardbreaking after you parry your opponent.

Linkerino
02-11-2017, 05:48 PM
I know. The situations I said are all after a parry. But as I said only Kensei and Nobushi have this "problem" and I don't know if they will fix it or even if there is a need to fix it.

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 05:55 PM
I know. The situations I said are all after a parry. But as I said only Kensei and Nobushi have this "problem" and I don't know if they will fix it or even if there is a need to fix it.

I'm sure there is a need to fix it. Either make it so all characters are affected, or none are, that's why I'm referring to it as a bug, since it isn't consistent enough if it's intentional.