PDA

View Full Version : Deus Vult, Alt Right, Polgon and you

Hackfraysn
02-11-2017, 03:46 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

I just bumped into this shocking article on Polygon: http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/10/14560050/for-honor-deus-vult

It says they already contacted you to "do something about the Deus Vult thing" and honestly seeing how many big companies like Blizzard already gave in to Social Justice Warrior agendas (and still failed to appease their insatiable lust for ruining art) I'm afraid you'll start censoring your artistic visions in games, too. Please, don't. Stay true to your vision and just read the last paragraph of Polygon's text, because that's exactly where the article completely nullifies its own purpose:

In the case of For Honor, “Deus vult” is just a phrase used by the community without any political associations. (We’ve contacted Ubisoft for comment and will update if we hear back.) The meme, too, is divorced from the alt-right movement. Instead, it’s just one uncomfortable way that the game’s burgeoning community intersects with one of the internet’s most incendiary.

You've done nothing wrong and we gamers did nothing wrong, either. Nobody with half a brain supports alt-right ideology anyway. There's no need to make any changes, no need to censor people, no need to demonize "Deus Vult". It's just an old crusader meme whose solely raison d'Ítre is humor. Yes, sometimes it's dark, sometimes it's below the waistline but if this is political, it's hilarious at best and political satire at worst. Nobody with half a brain thinks of alt-right garbage when they use this meme and honestly we gamers don't care about connotations and political agendas. We just wanna have fun in our leisure time and sometimes our sense of humor makes us a pretty creative bunch when it comes to troling people. Let's just keep politics in real life because that's where they belong.

There are no Arabs in For Honor, there's no religion, there are no crusades in this game. There's absolutely no reason to bring SWJ agendas and censorship to this game, and there's no reason to be offended, either. For Honor is just a masterpiece of game; a true piece of art. If we start censoring art, we'll censor joy and quality of life soon after until there's nothing left to enjoy. Video games, hobbies and leisure time activities are peoples' last bastion against the decline of common sense. Here's the only place we can be whatever we want to be without having to think about what we are allowed to do, be and say. Please, they already invaded our privacy. Don't let them invade our leisure time, too.

Heck, I studied history and if anything our western opinion on the crusades in extremely biased - we only condemn the crusades and crusaders and no history book in school ever bothered looking into why the crusades came to be. But let's not delve into this. Instead, don't forget that while there are knights in For Honor, there's no hint that they're Christians and they aren't fighting any "holy wars" either. They're just some cool looking warriors from feudal Europe who fit the theme and atmosphere of the game. Deus Vult has no political meaning here. If anything, it's a running gag among knight players and completely unrelated to real life agendas.

Please Ubisoft, don't give in to SJWs and their agendas. If you give them an inch, they'll take a mile and will still have the audacity to ask for more. Just take a good look at Blizzard: Some horrible parent lets her young child watch Overwatch because the artstyle is cartoonish. Seriously, this game is rated "T"for teens. This is not a game a young child should watch, or play in the first place, but apparently nobody but me noticed this. Then, the mother got offended by Tracer's pose because she's wearing tight tracksuit pants and you can see her tiny butt. Nobody cares, or better: Should care. It's just a character wearing what's appropriate for somebody, who focuses on maximum mobility. All marathon athletes look like that and nobody with half a brain calls them overly sexualized. Plus: There's no shame in knowing you're good looking. And did I mention that children shouldn't watch or play this game in the first place? However, Blizzard took the advice from the parent of the year seriously and gave in to this horrible mother's complains. Ultimately they removed the pose from the game, hoping that everything's fine now. Well, wrong.

On Christmas, they released a comic where you could see how various characters in the game spent their holiday season. Turns out Tracer apparently is into girls, which nobody has a problem with, you'd think. Well, nobody except the perpetually offended SJWs. They went completely mental because Tracer is into girls and she isn't ugly. They're outraged and offended that her character is something straight males would still find appealing. Do you see how they abandoned common sense and how ridiculous this has become? No matter what you do, they'll never be pleased. Nothing you can possibly do will appease them. There's no end to their remorseless crusade to rid the world of anything that's even remotely fun because the only thing those people love is being perpetually offended.

If you give in, they'll want you to ban European medieval plate armor from the game next, because that's what knights wore in the crusades. And God forbid the Vikings or Knights will win the faction war because that's where the SJWs will go fully mental, claiming you're racist because you allowed factions consisting of predominantly (priviledged) white men to win. Please Ubisoft, just continue making true masterpieces of art (like For Honor) and keep politics and agendas out of your games.

TripSin.
02-11-2017, 03:53 PM
holy **** what a wall of text. I'm not bothering to read it but jesus you people with your obsession with SJW boogeymen are so crazy and so pathetic.

Hogmin
02-11-2017, 04:29 PM
holy **** what a wall of text. I'm not bothering to read it but jesus you people with your obsession with SJW boogeymen are so crazy and so pathetic.

SJW detected.

But seriously, it's an issue that is just as genuine as anyone elses concerns, considering the fact that businesses will pander without thinking.

Hackfraysn
02-11-2017, 04:31 PM

Now that offends me :p :D

sQb3k
02-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Of course Ubisoft will ultimately cave and censor it. Just look at the filters they use for usernames. Seriously.

Hackfraysn
02-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Of course Ubisoft will ultimately cave and censor it. Just look at the filters they use for usernames. Seriously.

I hope not. This is really getting out of hand. I just saw an article pop up where SJWs demanded pregnant women to stay away from public places because pregnancy apparently offends trans people. Why would anyone cave in and try to appease those people?

Sad times...

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 04:56 PM
What exactly could they do? ban it from chat.

ThePollie
02-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Deus Vult. Crush the weebs. Boat-owners must die.