PDA

View Full Version : Delayed command Inputs on PC users?

Edropian.com
02-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Hello guys and hopefully Ubisoft staff!

Let me preframe my point - issue really fast to get us all on the same page here!

I have played this game more than 60 hours already during all the beta phases before I create this thread
and I tried to figure out what is wrong but unfortunately I think that this has to do mainly with PC users and that
sucks if it does!

What I do face is pretty simple yet at least a reason I might not buy the game ...

i just find myself most of the times to be not able to deploy even the simplest combo like a side dodge attack
on a peace keeper - unable to deploy a triple stab - unable to even deploy a simple dodge most of the times.

For this to happen I will have to predict at least one second before what my opponent is about to do
and do it before anything will take place inside the game.

In the meanwhile I came up with a simple observation that was the "AHA" moment for me regarding this issue.

I was paying attention on the "posing animations spam" console users do after they kill someone or at the end of the game
and I realized that while they are able to "spam" it ... I was and I still am able to do it once and repeat it only after the first has
been completely over and this is exactly what happens also with my combos and with the P2P based delays the game
faces makes it impossible to compete as long as you don't have actually control of some situations because you can't even
dodge!!!!!!!!!! (even if you do it as a shadow fight to test your character sometimes it might take some ms till you get a response!

Especially with the peace keeper I have nearly 6 reps during betas so I am pretty aware of what to do and when to do it and I am
just saying that to emphasize that this is not a post to "cry" but a huge concern of mine regarding how the game treats PC users
and how the game Treats Console Users including the crappy choice of yours to construct the game in P2P service which makes
it pretty obvious that issues like the one mentioned above become worse by the time you will get at least one person
with Red connectivity to the game.

So may I please learn why this is happening mostly to pc users and why PC users are facing these input delays?

In my attempt to figure this out I spoke with a huge number of PC users down the road and ALL of them where saying the
same thing verifying that they also were going through input delays!

This is the pre release beta of the game and this problem is more present than ever before and that makes
having second thoughts about buying the game because it is obvious that this issue will just be there for there
in the future and based on the fact that this game is skill based ... reactions are a major thing to think about, right?

So input delays from mouse keyboard set up + P2P messy delays makes it impossible to be competitive!!!

If an Ubisoft Staff member stumble upon this thread Please let me know why this is happening and if you are planing to solve it
because before you do I don't think I will buy the game even if I was waiting for it for nearly a year to come out ... but unfortunately the game
seems to have serious structure issues like this still which makes it incomplete for be to be purchased as a final version!

Regards

Oni-Nikuya
02-11-2017, 03:58 PM
True to a point, but when everybody has input lag, characters who are faster have an huge advantage when they initiate first. Fighting a peacekeeper with half a second of input lag makes them hard to dodge and extremely hard to block. Up until this beta I hadn't experienced such a consistent amount of pre-delay.

Slowthrob
02-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Why did you have to make the text so big? No need for that.

Pvt.Wrathlife
02-11-2017, 04:54 PM
When everyone has input delay, it is fair. so you can play it competitive.

Beside that. you might want to consider using the standard font size, you special snowflake.

You are the special kind of stupid.

Zaalogg
02-11-2017, 05:59 PM
I cant agree more, did sveral posts about this already and atm im on youtube doing boring stuff because this game just makes me mad, so mad i almost smacked my monitor with the keyboard. The game could be fun if it just would work as it should. Losing 7 out of 10 games cuz i f***** cant dodge/parry/deflect and the only way to get kills is not even entering guard mode, chasing players and leap attack the sh*** out of them. Wow, what a awsome game....reminds me on "Kasperl und das Krokodil"....

DeaIman
02-11-2017, 06:18 PM
When everyone has input delay, it is fair. so you can play it competitive.

Beside that. you might want to consider using the standard font size, you special snowflake.

I guess it never really occured to you that people are different? Some people have a hard time reading smaller fonts than others, maybe increasing it makes it easier for him to read through his own post? Why does everything have to be according to your preferences - bit ignorant don't you think?

Zaalogg
02-11-2017, 06:35 PM
lol i just tryed it again cuz i thought after my last post...well give it one more try...but what a shame....this game is just pissing me off lol

Gurkburk92
02-12-2017, 10:07 AM
What you are experiencing is the P2P system having an effect. Most of your 1v1/2v2 will always be unbalanced due to the nature of P2P. When you see the bottom left saying "You have joined XXXXX's Session", this means you joined HIS/HER game, that's the host.

THE HOST WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE ADVANTAGE. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ONLINE PLAY OR ONLINE TOURNAMENTS WHERE THE PLAYERS HOST IN THIS GAME. You'll have to be switching Host every other game, which you cannot control either.

Gnarxly
02-12-2017, 10:36 AM

So much irony :D