PDA

View Full Version : No way for warden to counter assassins side dodge + attack?

Avlaen
02-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Light attacks are to slow and cant guardbreak the dash as it counts as an attack as you just bounce off, cant shoulderbash as the dodge is too fast, they can dodge every one of my attacks and i cant punish them even with feinting the shoulder bash into a grab which is meant to punish dodges?

RaidoKnight
02-11-2017, 03:20 PM
How about block?
How about parry?
How about backstep?

Avlaen
02-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Blocking dosent stop them from just dodging all your attacks, and parrying a fast dodge attack from an assassin is difficult, and as a warden it dosent feel like my backstep is long enough to dodge the attack, atleast from orochis, the other 2 have a bit shorter range, but again i have nothing to follow up with and get damage on them with.

Lumonum
02-11-2017, 03:39 PM
tbh the warden's dodges aren't usefull at all except for fleeing or chaining with the shoulder bash.
Parry is your best option

Avlaen
02-11-2017, 03:40 PM
tbh the warden's dodges aren't usefull at all except for fleeing or chaining with the shoulder bash.
Parry is your best option

problem is its very very hard to parry the side dash attack as its s fast.

RaidoKnight
02-11-2017, 03:58 PM
lol at those people who say it's too fast.
The hit comes from the dodge-direction, so you can already react and when you see the red indicator you can parry it, it's much more easy than random light attack spam.

Avlaen
02-11-2017, 04:18 PM
lol at those people who say it's too fast.
The hit comes from the dodge-direction, so you can already react and when you see the red indicator you can parry it, it's much more easy than random light attack spam.

even if you block it warden has nothing to apply damage to the assassin after the block

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Partying in this test is a bit of a mixed bag.

Half the time, the indicator does not show up properly and the other half of the tome, its up to luck.evennif you perfectly hit the sweet spot, its not reliably working

Hackfraysn
02-11-2017, 04:40 PM
I agree. The dodge attack is not that bad. Light attack spam on the other hand is very frustrating and difficult to parry. If the latency isn't top notch, you can just as well forget about parrying...and sometimes even blocking. Or guard breaking.

I don't have that many issues with assassins when I play Kensei, but when I go Warden or God forbid I picked Raider, I feel like I don't have any tools in my arsenal to deal with the situation, if the assassin is somewhat decent. The other vanguard classes other than Kensei are just way too slow and have no fast attacks worthy of their name.

Also the indicators sometimes appear just a split second before I get hit, especially if somebody in the match has potato ping. Hope this is just some beta issue. Feels pretty pointless to attempt to block or parry, when the other is warping around. It's quite infuriating to fight them on even terms already, especially as Raider.

How do you deal with Peacekeepers as Raider?