PDA

View Full Version : this game run on p2p connection!! cancel your pre-order now!!!

OneofAKIND69
02-11-2017, 12:12 PM
I will only say this quick as easy,

what's p2p connection??

well. let's say, each lobby have one data base, that data center will pick a host,

and everybody will have to connected to other player in that lobby! that is a seriously terrible way to play pvp.

let's say, i have a great signal and i connected to a poor signal, it's all down hill for me. the lag, delays, no damages detection. glitching. and that person with the poor signal WIN!

this p2p connection will also causes matchmaking down time and errors.

this is what for honor is using for their pvp!!!

I don't know much but hope this help,

don't waste your money. you're paying for problems. P2P is a joke!!

TR2W.Ilgoth
02-11-2017, 12:13 PM
I think u dont even know how it works here. There is no host who would have advantage.

OneofAKIND69
02-11-2017, 12:17 PM
bro, there is host in the game!! everybody know this!! it's your money bro,

Biocoast
02-11-2017, 12:18 PM
There are no single hosts in For Honors P2P system, inform yourself. Not saying i aprove with it, i would like to see dedicated servers as well, but don't spread BS

OneofAKIND69
02-11-2017, 12:21 PM
i played both closed and open beta, i said what i played! i'm not bs to you fanboy, i also liked the game!

mol7os
02-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Nothing to do with "like or not like the game".

Ubisoft already anounced that its an extended P2P.
But what you can see is in every state "aplha, closed beta, now beta": "it doesn´t work well and with impact on the PVP fights!"

Its a truth.

If there were no problems would be no matter how it works technically.
Nobody is interested about technics behind if its a working, faire and well design solution.

Why forever the solution is currently unsatisfactory.
And since the game is designed for epic multiplayer games, there is a lack of functional core functionality:

- BAD Network/Server Experience (Lag, Host-Change, whatever)
- LESS multiplayer game modes
- LESS maps
- POOR Faction War
- What is epic on small maps with max 8 people fighting in a forcourt.

My 50 cents .... and be sure I like this combat mode, grafics, ... the game itself.
But it's not in a state for SALE in my opinion.

polo-i-3
02-11-2017, 01:10 PM
i played both closed and open beta, i said what i played! i'm not bs to you fanboy, i also liked the game!

You might have played the game and your experiences are valid, however the other guy simply told you that your understanding of the P2P system in use is wrong (which it is) and you ripped on him for that. In short the P2P system doesn't have a dedicated host like your saying, but rather it tries to make everyone a host, which is why a slow/bad connection ruins other peoples connectivity as they now need to compensate for the slow connection by either downloading or uploading more to support it, which slows them down in the process causing everyone to have connection issues with one another and not just one guy lagging out severely.

At least that's how I understand it.

BaratheoWn
02-11-2017, 01:55 PM
There are no single hosts in For Honors P2P system, inform yourself. Not saying i aprove with it, i would like to see dedicated servers as well, but don't spread BS

It's true is not a classic P2P...it's worse cos u don't depend only on the hosting pc but a bit on all the others players check this :
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ForHonor/online_graph.png
Indeed with a 100mb/s Dw and 20mb/s up, a open green Nat and no problems about fps, i still see people teleporting on my flanks better than Goku SS4.
Today Ubisoft will teach us how to **** up a good skill based AAA game :cool:

DetectiveRadar
02-11-2017, 02:03 PM
it's a cheap alternative to make more money from the game and no one should be defending this especially if you do in fact like the game.

Brave_Thunder
02-11-2017, 02:16 PM
I'm seeing a lot of posts about this.I never had disconnessions in my whole beta play time, and today finally the duel matchmaking seems to work.I don't know anything about how server/p2p work,my 2 cents are:play the game,if you have issues obviously don't buy it,would be just a waste of money to just lag around.If you can play without issues,just don't let other opinions to stop you.