PDA

View Full Version : Defense Meta

Boudusei
02-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Blocking/Parrying is a bit on the easy side in this game. Not saying it should be nerfed into oblivion but guard break being the only way to get past block with the occasional parry really slows down the game.
I honestly feel like every character needs at least 1 unblockable that can't be parried, to force that non-moving warlord or conqueror to take a step for a change ( other classes as well but those are 2 easy to identify with examples ).

Other solutions are also more than welcome but at the moment people can just block and survive till they get revenge ( potentially multiple times ) even in a 1v1 if they are decent enough in blocking which truly is not that hard.

Sure a peacekeeper with blockbreak triple stab bleed can take care of business but that does not take away that in general the game is insanely blockfriendly at the moment.

Another good solution would be a decent chunk of damage taken even while blocking, obviously not the full amount since blocking has to remain very important. But let's say you take 80% reduced damage instead of how it currently is. This at least stops eternal block fights while still making sure blocking is important.

People might or might not agree with me and as I said I am very open to other suggestions but right now this defense meta is getting boring pretty fast.

Brave_Thunder
02-11-2017, 11:16 AM
If someone parry every single attack,they deserve to win.It's not easy to do with an assassin,given the absence of shield and the short window for the parry.With warlord and conq,the solution is to faint an heavy and then attack on their open guard,or try to guard break them.In any case,they are the defensive characters,defense is their core,just like agility is for the assassins.
Regarding the vengeance mode,I haven't seen anyone using that in 1v1 in my 10 hours experience...maybe it is collected with better gear?

buff_Nobushi
02-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Yep, feints are the solution here. Use them.