PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Knights?

Lord-Arion
02-11-2017, 09:59 AM
They are getting rolled super hard. Didnt put up a fight all day.

Current ranks are

Knights 9
Samurai 27
Vikings 24

Are all the vikings and samurai on right now while the knights have checked out or is there a balancing problem Im missing?Seems hard to believe that any faction would just get flat rolled like this. I didnt see all the numbers in the closed beta since I didnt get in but knights cant be this unopopular can they?

UnSeenWorld
02-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Well, if people see a faction is doing bad they will just go to the other faction
It's the "I want to be on the winning side" syndrom.
I will keep sticking to the knights ...

LeviathanWard
02-11-2017, 10:17 AM
At the start of the last day of the Closed Beta, our Territories went from 8 territories out of 60 to 21 out of 60, snatching 2nd Place. That said they REALLY need to change the matchmaking so you get set up with members of your own faction. That way it's not just a popularity contest. But the skill of the faction members will actually matter. More often than not, I find that it's my fellow Knights who kick my ***, and not the Vikings or Samurai who have inflated numbers due to popular media. (Longtime Samurai Popularity, and recently the show Vikings)

blobathehut
02-11-2017, 10:17 AM
If you haven't already come join our facebook group and you can try and find more knights to play with :): https://www.facebook.com/groups/847259705414188/?ref=bookmarks

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Well, if people see a faction is doing bad they will just go to the other faction

Exactly.

In the long run, it will kill the faction war. Since they plan to permanently alter the game based on faction war results, I am less and less eager to participate at all.

Unique rewards will only add to the problem.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 10:39 AM
I think something has to be done for balancing in regards to population at various points of the day. Its clear when a season ends and as such it makes it very easy for the faction around during that time to bulldoze for the win. It feels very much like who lands the last push rather than a true tug of war.

The bigger factions can constantly add war assets. Once a region is tipped over, it is nearly impossible to come back. Knights seem to be the least played faction and I guess its mostly a central European thing (based on the fact that we do awful at night).

In Europe, the Vikings are strong competitors when it comes to popularity ... and they do look more cool. Add some misconceptions over medieval knights fighting skills and some misinformation's on knights weapons being blunt and heavy and disaster is about to strike.

Lord-Arion
02-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Its apparent that each faction comes out in force at certain points of the day, and something should be done to help the factions that arent on deck to resist to prevent the faction war from just being a series of pushes throughout the day and more of an actual tug of war between the factions. Something feels off when you can go to bed leading the war and wake up with your faction decimated into dead last.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Its apparent that each faction comes out in force at certain points of the day, and something should be done to help the factions that arent on deck to resist to prevent the faction war from just being a series of pushes throughout the day and more of an actual tug of war between the factions. Something feels off when you can go to bed leading the war and wake up with your faction decimated into dead last.

Since the modes change with every update, popular modes will lever even more. If the weak, absent faction (night cycle) is facing the strong faction while dominion is running, it will ruin their entire turn.

Grithios
02-11-2017, 10:44 AM

I agree, i also have the feeling that there are more vikings and samurais then Knight, by the vikings is clear, because of the TV series Vikings, not all of them, but many, by the samurai i think is it, because many think fighting with a katana is much cooler then a twohanded sword, or a flail.

But back to the point, i know many of my friends who also would change to the winning faction just because they want to win...what is very sad, and there is the point were i think you shouldnt be able to change your faction, well, not while the season is on, its just stupid when the vikings/knights/samurai are winning, that people just quickly change to this faction, it makes the "war of the factions" stupid, because sooner or later 1 faction has from all other factions the players....

I dont think they will do that but in my Opinion it would be better when you ONLY change your faction after a season is over, not WHILE the season is on.

@DrExtrem

how do you mean this i dont understand it rly ^^` ?

Lord-Arion
02-11-2017, 10:50 AM
I think faction choice should be final after the first 24hrs of the season. New players or people that long on after day one of the season will be locked in immediately upon selection if they came after. That or have their own 24hr grace period. This forces people to commit to a faction rather than faction hop when the going gets bad.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Do you mean the circling modes giving the more present faction an even bigger advantage?

VeryDopeSloth
02-11-2017, 10:52 AM
I've been working so hard my fingers are numb. http://image.prntscr.com/image/0c84406e8f314eecba1bf9699be0e921.png

Lord-Arion
02-11-2017, 10:57 AM
Is it even possible for the knights to come back at this point with only a couple days left in the beta. We are down pretty far.

Grithios
02-11-2017, 11:05 AM
i dont rly think that we can make it to the first place, but the second place is possible, but we must have very much luck that 1 mode is not near of our territories, so people can spend this assets to the other places. but i dont rly have much hope that we will win this, because the samurais and viking are to popular by what ever, i dont rly can take this "War of the Factions" srsly because its more like a "war of Popularity" instead of factions...

xLeapingLizardx
02-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Since the modes change with every update, popular modes will lever even more. If the weak, absent faction (night cycle) is facing the strong faction while dominion is running, it will ruin their entire turn.

Not exactly sure if I understand what you are saying.

BUT, you do know that no matter what game mode you play on you can distribute your war assets anywhere on the map?

The Painkiller
02-11-2017, 11:29 AM
I thought Peacekeeper was merking everyone!!...."Rolls Eyes......

ButtR8peArtist
02-11-2017, 11:32 AM
It's all about katana!! Sorry knights & vikings

Reaper_Sykko
02-11-2017, 12:12 PM
They are getting rolled super hard. Didnt put up a fight all day.

Current ranks are

Knights 9
Samurai 27
Vikings 24

Are all the vikings and samurai on right now while the knights have checked out or is there a balancing problem Im missing?Seems hard to believe that any faction would just get flat rolled like this. I didnt see all the numbers in the closed beta since I didnt get in but knights cant be this unopopular can they?

i know when i loged in today and saw the score i was like "WTH Dx" we were right behind them yesterday , no clue what hapened

Biocoast
02-11-2017, 12:28 PM
First of all you cna switch factions but you won't get any season rewards if you do, which is fine because you shouldn't be forced to stick to whatever you picked and then later find out that your buddy picked another faction.

But I think the system is very flawed if you simply look at how knights get pushed over at certain times and making up for that loss is hard, and i would even goes as far as impossible to get the lead, if every night they loose this much of territories again.

Maybe they need to reduce the update of the warmap and just show how it progressed over a certain period, maybe 24h and not every 8 hours or what it is right now.

Lord-Arion
02-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Well if its too fast those rough periods are amplified tenfold. Too slow and factions might not have those opportunities to get a large push back. Right now though something is wrong in the balancing when a day can wreck a faction so heavily.

bsftsfk
02-11-2017, 12:51 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26gseOJbJThweK4YU/source.gif

HenningN123
02-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Even tho I think that the balancing of the faction war and the general idea is stupid as it is the map which they decided t o put it on is just so dump.
With this topdown angeled view that the map has the viking dont look like much of a threat. The viking can be in the lead by multiple teritories but alot of their land in their north isnt quite visible due to the angle,

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Not exactly sure if I understand what you are saying.

BUT, you do know that no matter what game mode you play on you can distribute your war assets anywhere on the map?

Sure. But the 20% frontline bonus sure are helping.

Lord-Arion
02-11-2017, 01:03 PM
How many territories we looking to be taking right now if all goes well?

rocks.cl
02-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Its was quite obvious that no one would join knights, its uninteresting/not badass compared to ninjas and vikings, and its also expected for new people to join the winning factions, this system couldnt be more ******ed by design

Lord-Arion
02-11-2017, 01:19 PM
I fear it will go the same way as Mortal Kombat's faction wars and I hope Im wrong about that.

Gray360UK
02-11-2017, 02:10 PM
It's basically just a numbers game and not about who fights best, hardest or with the most skill.
10 Knights fighting their best are never going to beat 200 average Vikings.
Sad but it makes the whole thing an 'I've got more friends than you so I win' system that rewards you for being in the popular team.

ThePollie
02-11-2017, 02:20 PM
People always flock to the weeb trash and "muh culture" factions. These days, even humouring the idea of "white power" by advocating for anything that isn't a "minority" will get you lynched for racism. It's no wonder the knights are just emptied, save a handful of die-hards. It's more PC to tape your eyes to the side and swing katanas all day.

Graci0us
02-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Im on a trip with the wife for vday :) ill be rdy come tuesday. I did notice i was recieving a 20% bonus on my assets. Did ubi do something to account for population imblance? Did anyone else notice this? I seen it on all 3 platforms as a knight.