PDA

View Full Version : LARGE NUMBER OF WARDENS question about

matt89connor
02-11-2017, 09:14 AM
hi guys; in this Open Beta i see a large number of warden,i doesn't know why,because in the Closed the nobushi was in 80% of mine match, and now i see little number..... I think now , then the wardens is a perfect balance for all type of playstyle, and most players have understand that( i continue to prefer warlord and peacekepper XD) and also think, when the real game come, and the last 3 heroes become possibile to use, a lot of wardens players will change their mind , you guys what do you think about that? :)

SournoisFox
02-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Warden is the easiest to learn.

Warden is relatively easiest to master.

Warden has a good zone attack.

That's why he is so popular, imo.

ASwiftKill
02-11-2017, 09:27 AM
The warden is a strong class in 4v4 gamemodes, in duels and brawl, not so much. Seriously all i have to do as a warden is block + dash + dash + light attack light attack repeat. It takes 4 players to kill me and 3 players to weaken me, in 2v1, i can win easily. Warden becomes an OP hero once you master it. Also i rarely see wardens in gamemodes which is a shame.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Warden is the easiest to learn.

Warden is relatively easiest to master.

Warden has a good zone attack.

That's why he is so popular, imo.

He is easy to learn but hard to master. Other heros can be played effectively with less effort.

His zone attack is fast but the costs are gigantic and it does very little damage.

I personally don't see a lot of wardens - usually, I am the only one in a domination match.

Dezlow-
02-11-2017, 09:36 AM
They have the potential to be very very strong, they are arguably the perfect balance between assassin and heavy.

Their overhead light attack hard counters multiple heroes, their guardbreak combos are very strong vs opponents who arent good at GB counters (which is most players)

1v1 is bugged right now, so Ive been playing alot of brawls, and yes wardens have seen a HUGE rise in popularity.

I would say they require less skill to do well with, while if you have the skill they can be VERY strong.

GB spam combo works against most "mid" level players while requiring little skill, and then if you can reliably parry attacks you become a near unstoppable force.

Their zone attack is slightly imba I would say, you almost always have to keep your right side guard up as they can have their stance showing up and then instantly throw a right side zone attack without showing stance change until the last 0.2s (ish)

(their left, your right)

AveImperator85
02-11-2017, 09:43 AM
What game are you playing? All I see are Cheesekeepers and Noobushi

everything_
02-11-2017, 09:45 AM
A heavy class generally seeks out beginning players as they have a easy learning curve, slow movement but heavy hitting. Easy to learn, and use leads to more players using it.

It is of course up to the player to play whatever they enjoy but in my opinion there's not much challenge there - unless you want to master it. I jumped straight to light armored classes in the samurai line-up. I use Orochi more than Nobushi and I don't really like fighting these because I'm not all that good.

A lot of people hate the Nobushi understandably for how ****ing annoying they can be but to do good as one of these classes is very rewarding (haven't exactly felt that but it's true). I had trouble getting deflect to work on Orochi, now I can do it from time to time. Of course only on bots.

matt89connor
02-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Also i rarely see wardens in gamemodes which is a shame.
honestly I have seen far fewer Kensei and Berserk that Wardens, but I imagine that each of us had a different experience with it XD (in addition, when I fight an expert kensei, the battle become very very hard).

matt89connor
02-11-2017, 10:19 AM
A heavy class generally seeks out beginning players as they have a easy learning curve, slow movement but heavy hitting. Easy to learn, and use leads to more players using it.

It is of course up to the player to play whatever they enjoy but in my opinion there's not much challenge there - unless you want to master it. I jumped straight to light armored classes in the samurai line-up. I use Orochi more than Nobushi and I don't really like fighting these because I'm not all that good.

A lot of people hate the Nobushi understandably for how ****ing annoying they can be but to do good as one of these classes is very rewarding (haven't exactly felt that but it's true). I had trouble getting deflect to work on Orochi, now I can do it from time to time. Of course only on bots.
Orochi is a difficult class to learn, and compared to other heroes, has difficulties in the handicap match (2vs1) although active "revenge" .... I personally fight a 1v1 against a skilled orochi when I use the warlord, is an hard battle, so,good luck with learning, you'll see that when you learn all the tactics that Orochi can give you, you will be very satisfied :)

xLeapingLizardx
02-11-2017, 10:22 AM
I don't 100% agree with this outlook that people are only playing heroes because of how good, overused, or popular they are...

I just generally think people use a character that they like the look of, in their chosen faction, or line up with what roles they usually play in other games. (Heavies/tanks, assassins and all arounders are common "classes" in most games). So someone who uses tanks in most other games may probably try to use tank in this game and likely try out the one in their chosen faction first.

Such as myself: I knew I would choose knights once this game was first announced. I almost always use quick nimble characters in various games so peacekeeper was the perfect choice for me. Unfortunately she is too good so now any peacekeeper is under heavy flak. (Even though I don't abuse her triple stab)

Another thing I think could be a huge factor: Warden is basically the first warrior introduced in the game. Vanguards in generally just seem like the mascots/poster boys for the game. So it seems new people seem to generally use them.
This game also attracts your Dark Soul players and you Chivalry players which scream knights.

Anyways, I think the decision of what character people play is based more on aesthetics than idea of "I want to use the strongest person pew pew"....

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 10:32 AM
The majority of players are using orochi, nobushi and off course the assassins creed girl.

Why? They look cool, fit to a teenagers fantasy, are based on ninjas, look like anime characters or are based on assassins creed. Add to it, that they are very strong and can kill with a few combos - especially new players.

Raider, kensai, conqueror, berserker and warden are relatively rare. I certainly see more warlords, than wardens.