PDA

View Full Version : Nat type = strict. Wth!!!!

Orolinwe
02-11-2017, 08:22 AM
I have a strong internet connection. I have no problems connecting and maintaining stable matches and being part of the "open" matchmaking in every other game I own.

Rocket League, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1... NO PROBLEMS.

For Honor.... Suddenly I need to use port forwarding and go through a bunch of CRAP just to get the game to work normally!!

I pre-ordered the game on Steam, but if this NAT STRICT issue keeps holding me back I will surely return my purchase.

Unbelievable. PLEASE FIX YOUR NET CODE UBISOFT, THE ONUS SHOULD NOT BE ON THE USER TO TROUBLESHOOT JUST TO GET A MATCH. PATHETIC.

StaRangerDanger
02-11-2017, 11:25 AM
phone your ISP they may have blocked ports or NAT grouping so ask if they can unblock your ports for gaming. that is what i had to do.

OR search into port forwarding.

Orolinwe
02-11-2017, 02:30 PM
I did read up about port forwarding, but the point is WHY do I have to do this with For Honor, and none of my other games? Even indie games don't have this issue...

Anyway, I now understand that the game is using P2P because apparently Ubisoft are too cheap to support a server structure. I'm really considering refunding my pre-order now.

I love the game, but I'm disgusted by the connection issues and being relegated to 3rd class with "NAT STRICT."

Orolinwe
02-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Your nat on your console is not a result of Ubisoft. While it may be convenient to blame them for your ISP issues just try resetting your router if you haven't experienced this before.

I'm on PC and I have a 120mbs Broadband connection. The reason I blame Ubisoft is because I don't have issues like this with any of the other multiplayer games I play.

Anyway, I'm accessing my router now, trying to figure out this issue. I hope I can solve it because I love the game...........

Also, first thing I tried was resetting the router. I'm not a noob.

Valthoare
02-11-2017, 03:41 PM
I did read up about port forwarding, but the point is WHY do I have to do this with For Honor, and none of my other games? Even indie games don't have this issue...

Anyway, I now understand that the game is using P2P because apparently Ubisoft are too cheap to support a server structure. I'm really considering refunding my pre-order now.

I love the game, but I'm disgusted by the connection issues and being relegated to 3rd class with "NAT STRICT."

Pretty much same here... I was hyped as hell for this game but problems with strict NAT are one of reasons I wont buy it straight away (second is I want to wait for rankeds, without them Im afraid it will become very repetitive after few weeks although I love that combat system)

1) This is first game ever (after more than 10 years of gaming) where I have encountered such problem... but why? We are living in god damn 2017 so WHY?

2) I would need to have static IP first, without that any port-forwarding is useless
3) I dont have access to my router - property of provider
4) Bridge the connection might be possible, but I dont have any spare router to try it

Please UBISOFT, get rid of that

Taze.GG
02-11-2017, 03:43 PM
most routers/modems have a way to open your nat without forwarding ports. simply log into router/modem and look for it

Orolinwe
02-12-2017, 05:59 AM
I am happy to report that I solved the problem!

I had to log into my Router settings and Turn ON UPnP. After that my NAT was OPEN and I had a much, much better time with the game.

Latergator1
02-12-2017, 06:52 AM
There are literally thousands of people that can't get their NAT status to open, even after forwarding ports, DMZ, Upnp etc. Not to mention anyone on shared networks won't be able to play simultaneously with others on the same network. So yeah, college students, PC rooms, or just roomates no game for you. There is going to be a flood of returns after release when people realize they can't join multiplayer because of Ubisoft decision to use prehistoric netcode. Then there are the people like us who were 100% going to be playing this game but now won't even be purchasing to begin with.

This whole issue is a ****ing embarrassment, this company needs to get its **** together. The fact that NAT status is even an issue, and people are discussing complex router changes or drastic measures such as completely removing all security from their network or purchasing VPNs to play a tirple A full priced title in 2017 is pitiful.

Defenestrator_.
02-12-2017, 10:32 AM
There are literally thousands of people that can't get their NAT status to open, even after forwarding ports, DMZ, Upnp etc. Not to mention anyone on shared networks won't be able to play simultaneously with others on the same network. So yeah, college students, PC rooms, or just roomates no game for you. There is going to be a flood of returns after release when people realize they can't join multiplayer because of Ubisoft decision to use prehistoric netcode. Then there are the people like us who were 100% going to be playing this game but now won't even be purchasing to begin with.

This whole issue is a ****ing embarrassment, this company needs to get its **** together. The fact that NAT status is even an issue, and people are discussing complex router changes or drastic measures such as completely removing all security from their network or purchasing VPNs to play a tirple A full priced title in 2017 is pitiful.

This. And then some aspie kid comes in and says "lul i opened ports on my router and it works fine now, l2p", as if that would change anything for the thousand people who already tried that solution. If we can play a hundred other games without incident, and one game suddenly turns up where we can't, and the solution is: "MAYBE works if you forward ports, open UPnP, reset your router multuple times after putting your computer in the DMZ, walk three times counterclockwise around a church while chanting in latin, and cup the nuts of at least one UBI developer", then MAYBE, the issue is not with the playerbase but with an amazingly ****ty code in the first place, and MAYBE, UBI needs to own up and admit that. And the same goes for the cuppers.

EnderHTD
02-12-2017, 12:52 PM
I am having the same problem. I opened my ports, allowed For Honor on my Firewall, my UPnP is enabled, my Internet connection is good and yet I still have strict nat. WHAT THE HELL! The only time I get open nat is when I restart the game 20 times (which takes ages btw) and beg the Ubisoft gods that my nat opens, or when I join someones group. But even then there is a slim chance it opens. When the game crashes and my nat is open, the next time I launch the game it's STRICT AGAIN!
I seriously do not know what to do...