PDA

View Full Version : Dominion Scoring imbalanced

TightNinja
02-11-2017, 08:10 AM
I do not fully understand how dominion scoring works. It should be similar to call of duty Domination . You hold the point and to increase the score, the more points you hold the faster the score increases. It seems like you can "steal" points from the other team. This creates a system where even if you hold the objectives for most of the match you can still lose.I do not mind the breaking mechanic but you should be able to lose points. It should be all about objective control like the other multiplayer shooters out there.

Also what are the "objectives" in Dominion. Is capturing a point an objective? I killing some one in a capture zone an objective? is it both? I do not get it. It takes the fun out of the game. The scoring for this mode needs to be completely reworked. It seems like all the effort that goes into holding a zone is simply wasted.

PendragonArtura
02-11-2017, 08:22 AM
There is 3 way to earn points on dominion.

20points by killing a oponent
2 points for each minion kill

And +2 points everyseconds by area you captured. If you are on the area. Only 1 point per second if you have one area with nobody inside.
+ for every area in your team you have a +100 on the score. Still it can be removed if someone capture the area.

So even with every area captured, if the opposite team rekt you and the minions, they can earn like 150 points every minutes. The +6/seconds from the 3 points is far away with only 120 point by minutes...

And thats fine.

Because if you only focus on area capture, you'll loose. So you have to fight too. And that's a fighting game. Nice coincidence !

The objectives are just recapturing the area.

Tenmar
02-11-2017, 08:33 AM
I do not fully understand how dominion scoring works. It should be similar to call of duty Domination . You hold the point and to increase the score, the more points you hold the faster the score increases. It seems like you can "steal" points from the other team. This creates a system where even if you hold the objectives for most of the match you can still lose.I do not mind the breaking mechanic but you should be able to lose points. It should be all about objective control like the other multiplayer shooters out there.

Also what are the "objectives" in Dominion. Is capturing a point an objective? I killing some one in a capture zone an objective? is it both? I do not get it. It takes the fun out of the game. The scoring for this mode needs to be completely reworked. It seems like all the effort that goes into holding a zone is simply wasted.

Think of Dominion mode as a strategy mode. It is a game mode that changes the primary focus of For Honor being a fighting game to being a capture point game.

If you find yourself getting wrapped up in fighting someone that isn't on the objective, you are playing dominion incorrectly.

Mathematically your energy and time should be focused on points C and A. B is important but in terms of overtime gains getting 2 points a second from sitting on points A/C will result in much greater gains that killing as many lemmings as possible on B.

So spend your time fighting on and for objectives. Don't try and be clever thinking you can lure someone out because you'll only be wasting your time. Fight smart, fight together, and fight for honor.