PDA

View Full Version : No honor in this realm

xXG4M3RK14GXx
02-11-2017, 07:12 AM
I found out in the first few minutes of playing noone actually has any honor letting two people fight it out there is always a scenario of people wanting to win so bad they cant just let people have fun1v1ing its kinda sad lol

Flello
02-11-2017, 07:36 AM
I found out in the first few minutes of playing noone actually has any honor letting two people fight it out there is always a scenario of people wanting to win so bad they cant just let people have fun1v1ing its kinda sad lol

Actually when fighting in the 2v2 mode I come across quiet a lot of opponents that let the 1v1 duel play out before stepping in (including myself). However if you play any 4v4 mode then you have no chance.

Mathonn
02-11-2017, 07:42 AM
what you deem honor is not the same for everybody, and it's rather ignorant to suggest others have no honor simply because you don't like the way they play. If you want an uninterrupted 1v1, go play 1v1.

xXG4M3RK14GXx
02-11-2017, 07:58 AM
what you deem honor is not the same for everybody, and it's rather ignorant to suggest others have no honor simply because you don't like the way they play. If you want an uninterrupted 1v1, go play 1v1.
I understand not everyone plays in a manner others and its IGNORANT to suggest i am a ungrateful player as i see what you are trying to claim me to be.

xXG4M3RK14GXx
02-11-2017, 07:59 AM
My honor is doing whatever it takes to win a match for my country.

I understand, i just think it'll be a bit more fun. Do you know if they are going to transfer data from beta to full version?:confused:

xXG4M3RK14GXx
02-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Actually when fighting in the 2v2 mode I come across quiet a lot of opponents that let the 1v1 duel play out before stepping in (including myself). However if you play any 4v4 mode then you have no chance.

I usually play in the 2v2 looking for it but i agree on the 4v4 its just an all out brawl.

Sauronbaine
02-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Dont play 4 v 4. Its a cluster**** with the current game system. Its basically A. Relying on your teammates. B. not a place for skilled combat.

2 v 2 and 1 v 1 is where you want to play with. Generally in 2 v 2's, people have honor. I rarely see games without it but it does happen.

Hopefully we can all get a mode with 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 with gear stats enabled.

Mathonn
02-11-2017, 08:20 AM
I understand not everyone plays in a manner others and its IGNORANT to suggest i am a ungrateful player as i see what you are trying to claim me to be.

I make no claim of you being ungrateful, I said your suggestion was ignorant. To state that "no one has any honor" because they are not adhering to your particular code is a claim made in ignorance, as is the suggestion that their motivations are simply "to win". You have no knowledge of their code, or their motives, by definition you are ignorant of those things.

Sauronbaine
02-11-2017, 08:26 AM
I make no claim of you being ungrateful, I said your suggestion was ignorant. To state that "no one has any honor" because they are not adhering to your particular code is a claim made in ignorance, as is the suggestion that their motivations are simply "to win". You have no knowledge of their code, or their motives, by definition you are ignorant of those things.

Well, to be fair, what you describe for "Winning" is not honor.

Honor by definition is respect. It's regarding someone with respect.

4 v 4 is not a place for honor/respect.

That is where 2 v 2's and 1 v 1's are.

You are correct they aren't adheering to a preset code, but to claim that honor/honorable are interchangable with gang banging on someone is a little absurd. It's like saying noob tubes in CoD is something to respect someone for, which they aren't.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Dude chill out, calling people ignorant for just having an opinion! geez

Also, one of the literal dictionary definitions of "honor" is "doing what is morally right". So I find it ironic calling someone ignorant for essentially stating that; a lot of people don't do what would be considered "morally right" in a 2 v 1 situation. AKA fighting without honor.

You are talking about "winning at all costs", which is almost the opposite of honor.

Zaalogg
02-11-2017, 09:29 AM

wow, wordtwisting hairsplitting over here. The code is HONOR and if you ask ANY warrior everyone will have the SAME meaning of HONOR! there is only 1 kind of HONOR for a warrior...

Mathonn
02-11-2017, 03:25 PM
It is ironic that you chose to present a definition of honor, and only one particular definition, as an argument against my use, proper by definition for both purposes, of the word ignorant. I'm not attacking him, or attempting to insult him, I am stating that as he has no knowledge of their code of honor (he is ignorant of their code and motive) it is rude (ignorant) to suggest that they have no honor.

To address the concept of honor, you need to look at the code they are following, the definition they are using, the object of that honor, and the situation.

Codes of honor are as varied as individuals, although for most they include similarities based in cultures. The codes of Vikings, samurai, and knights all have rootings in their respective cultures and share certainly aspects, but none are the same.

The definitions of honor are also varied, I'll roll with "respect" and "morally right" for purposes of the example, but neither are the only definition, and both are rooted in the same complexity as the concept of honor.

You may not view a 2v1 as respectful to the teammate or opponent, but it is not respectful, nor morally right, to a new or weak player to allow them to be systematically dismantled by a superior player, or to be the guy dismantling the weaker player.It is also for some a sign of respect to the stronger player that you feel he's worthy, and a source of great honor and glory if he is victorious.

There's no respect for your team or faction in taking individual pride over your responsibility to them, nor in choosing my personal code to dictate results of the team engagement.

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 04:07 PM
This is not honor, this is only being a worker. Honor has nothing to do with that, its a code.

If you want 1 vs 1, go for duel, this is the best of the game for me. Dominion is more about strategy and 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1, If you win this treat, you can laugh at the dead bodies of your numerous enemies and say: "go home, kid". It's another way of playing the game, less epic thou, but funny too.

GrimmTheEvil
02-11-2017, 04:16 PM
4 v 4 is not a place for honor/respect.

That is where 2 v 2's and 1 v 1's are.

True.

Slowthrob
02-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Each according to their interpretation of "honor". I try to have fun and enjoy the game... and to me in the 2v2s and 4v4s that means that sometimes ganking is the best fun you can get. And that's honorabru for me. :cool:

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Honor is a unified code that every warrior had a long time ago, lol. One used to live for it, other just as a romantical way of life, etc.
There's only 1 type of honor, but the degree of such a thing may vary depending on the culture. There is no place for interpretation in a code, a "law", lol.

an UNWANTED 2 vs 1 will be always a sign of dishonor, no matter the cause. But its a game, and thats what dominion is for.

Shukr4n
02-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Honor is a unified code that every warrior had a long time ago, lol. One used to live for it, other just as a romantical way of life, etc.
There's only 1 type of honor, but the degree of such a thing may vary depending on the culture. There is no place for interpretation in a code, a "law", lol.

an UNWANTED 2 vs 1 will be always a sign of dishonor, no matter the cause. But its a game, and thats what dominion is for.

no
unwanted 2v1 means u chosed wrong gamemode at selection.
fullstop

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Read all the sentence, please. The end of it above all thing.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 04:57 PM
You people do realize there was little to no honor with any of these warriors when they were around. All you have to do I a little research. I realize that the game is called for honor but that is nothing more than the name of the game. Expecting some 12 year old your playing against to have honor is like expecting a dog to do algebra.

Gray360UK
02-11-2017, 05:40 PM
honour
ˈɒnə/
noun
noun: honour; noun: honor; plural noun: honours; plural noun: honors

high respect; great esteem.
"his portrait hangs in the place of honour"
synonyms: distinction, privilege, glory, tribute, kudos, cachet, prestige, fame, renown, merit, credit, importance, illustriousness, notability

See, it all depends how you define 'honour'

Glory, you are fighting for glory? So which part of fighting for Glory, or Prestige, or Fame or Importance requires you to not attack anyone who is already fighting someone else?

the quality of knowing and doing what is morally right.
"I must as a matter of honour avoid any taint of dishonesty"
synonyms: integrity, honourableness, honesty, uprightness, ethics, morals, morality, principle, (high) principles, righteousness, rectitude, nobility, high-mindedness, right-mindedness, noble-mindedness

The 2nd definiton is all about respect and doing what is morally right.

Which one is the game using?
Certainly feels like the 1st one.
Maybe they should have called the game For Glory and then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Sauronbaine
02-11-2017, 10:25 PM
It is ironic that you chose to present a definition of honor, and only one particular definition, as an argument against my use, proper by definition for both purposes, of the word ignorant. I'm not attacking him, or attempting to insult him, I am stating that as he has no knowledge of their code of honor (he is ignorant of their code and motive) it is rude (ignorant) to suggest that they have no honor.

To address the concept of honor, you need to look at the code they are following, the definition they are using, the object of that honor, and the situation.

Codes of honor are as varied as individuals, although for most they include similarities based in cultures. The codes of Vikings, samurai, and knights all have rootings in their respective cultures and share certainly aspects, but none are the same.

The definitions of honor are also varied, I'll roll with "respect" and "morally right" for purposes of the example, but neither are the only definition, and both are rooted in the same complexity as the concept of honor.

You may not view a 2v1 as respectful to the teammate or opponent, but it is not respectful, nor morally right, to a new or weak player to allow them to be systematically dismantled by a superior player, or to be the guy dismantling the weaker player.It is also for some a sign of respect to the stronger player that you feel he's worthy, and a source of great honor and glory if he is victorious.

There's no respect for your team or faction in taking individual pride over your responsibility to them, nor in choosing my personal code to dictate results of the team engagement.

noun
high respect; esteem.
"his portrait hangs in the place of honor"
synonyms: distinction, recognition, privilege, glory, kudos, cachet, prestige, merit, credit; More
a privilege.
"the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight"
synonyms: privilege, pleasure, pride, joy; More
verb
regard with great respect.
"Joyce has now learned to honor her father's memory"
synonyms: esteem, respect, admire, defer to, look up to; More
fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement).
"make sure the franchisees honor the terms of the contract"
synonyms: fulfill, observe, keep, obey, heed, follow, carry out, discharge, implement, execute, effect; More

hon·or·a·ble
ˈänərəb(ə)l/
adjective
bringing or worthy of honor.
"this is the only honorable course"
synonyms: honest, moral, ethical, principled, righteous, right-minded; More
used as a title indicating eminence or distinction, given especially to judges and certain high officials.
"the Honorable Richard Morris Esquire, chief justice of the supreme court of our state"

That is the definition of Honor and Honorable.

What you describe as honor is more of a code of ethics. Not honor. Honor is something respectable. I'm not defending him but I just want to point out that what you deem as honor is not the true definition of the term honor. You talk about a code of ethics.

There is no honor in ganging up on someone in a fight. There is no honor bringing a gun to a fist fight. There is no honor in picking on someone. Period. TO claim otherwise is folly

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Age doesnt matter, If a kid learn on how fun can be an healty and "honorable" game, he sure will play that way. And that's the same in real life.
"For honor, and glory" Tipical sentence, both things are diferente thou.

Honor is about respect and greatness within yourself, standing out of the cowards way. I mean, look at the Knight codes, Samurai... You can't be serious about that. They have a lot of similarity. Even Vikings lol, being dishonorable or coward make you go afar from your people, a bloody nišingr. Do you know about Holmgang?

Sauronbaine
02-11-2017, 10:27 PM
You people do realize there was little to no honor with any of these warriors when they were around. All you have to do I a little research. I realize that the game is called for honor but that is nothing more than the name of the game. Expecting some 12 year old your playing against to have honor is like expecting a dog to do algebra.

This is true. There is no honor in war.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 11:33 PM
Age doesnt matter, If a kid learn on how fun can be an healty and "honorable" game, he sure will play that way. And that's the same in real life.
"For honor, and glory" Tipical sentence, both things are diferente thou.

Honor is about respect and greatness within yourself, standing out of the cowards way. I mean, look at the Knight codes, Samurai... You can't be serious about that. They have a lot of similarity. Even Vikings lol, being dishonorable or coward make you go afar from your people, a bloody nišingr. Do you know about Holmgang?

Your mistaking movies for the way it was in real life. Maybe you should do some reseach on the warriors of the past before you make statements.

Knights were more or less your privileged rich boys who were pretty much *******s. They did stuff like wait around bridges and paths as groups to harass people. If you tried to stand up to them, maybe defend the honor of your lady they would kill you for fun. If they didn't kill you you were likely to get hung for attacking a knight.

Samurai were just warriors for hire. 12 year old boys who want to be samurai when they got older had to be sex slaves for these men. Bushido code didn't exist until samurai were long gone, 1700's ish. They were mercenaries for hire often switching sides as much as you changed underwear. Warlords fought back and forth, whoever paid the most was who you worked for. If every samurai stuck himself in the guts when they lost a battle the whole country would be empty.

Vikings ran into towns and monasteries that were unguarded messing up anyone who got in their way. They didn't even care if you had a weapon.

This is all fact, not fiction honor you see in movies. Don't believe it, look it up. Cases of honor back in those days were far and few between.

Zmoney518
02-11-2017, 11:34 PM

Allahu akbar

Chris_Oblivion
02-11-2017, 11:40 PM
The way I see it, if you want to 1v1, you have a 1v1 mode. 2v2 is different. The onus is on you to win your match first, so you don't get teamed up on. Same for your opponent. In 2v2, it's a good tactic.

CarnivalLaw
02-12-2017, 12:00 AM
If you want some control over how others play, join a group or clan so you can play with like-minded people.

In the meantime, I will assist my matchmate in killing his/her opponent as fast as possible.

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Your mistaking movies for the way it was in real life. Maybe you should do some reseach on the warriors of the past before you make statements.

Knights were more or less your privileged rich boys who were pretty much *******s. They did stuff like wait around bridges and paths as groups to harass people. If you tried to stand up to them, maybe defend the honor of your lady they would kill you for fun. If they didn't kill you you were likely to get hung for attacking a knight.

Samurai were just warriors for hire. 12 year old boys who want to be samurai when they got older had to be sex slaves for these men. Bushido code didn't exist until samurai were long gone, 1700's ish. They were mercenaries for hire often switching sides as much as you changed underwear. Warlords fought back and forth, whoever paid the most was who you worked for. If every samurai stuck himself in the guts when they lost a battle the whole country would be empty.

Vikings ran into towns and monasteries that were unguarded messing up anyone who got in their way. They didn't even care if you had a weapon.

This is all fact, not fiction honor you see in movies. Don't believe it, look it up. Cases of honor back in those days were far and few between.

Yup. This is true.

However, in a video game... Honor is honor. There is no iff ands and butts about it. If you are roleplaying your character than sure, but a game's "Honor" there are no changes. Its either you are a coward or not

Damonrodes
02-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Yup. This is true.

However, in a video game... Honor is honor. There is no iff ands and butts about it. If you are roleplaying your character than sure, but a game's "Honor" there are no changes. Its either you are a coward or not

I was just replying to the guys saying look back at how samurai aND Knights had all this honor. I agree on waiting for your partner to finish in 2v2. 4v4 is fair game for me but 2v2 I'll wait to fight the other guy.

Reinborn
02-12-2017, 12:06 AM

Very well put, my thoughts exactly! :D I'm really tired of people telling others that they have no honor based on one specific event that doesn't suit their criteria to be honorable.

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 12:10 AM
I was just replying to the guys saying look back at how samurai aND Knights had all this honor. I agree on waiting for your partner to finish in 2v2. 4v4 is fair game for me but 2v2 I'll wait to fight the other guy.

Thats how I operate. However, If I see someone fighting fairly in 4 v 4, I will be honorable as well. Like if he waits, ill wait for him. Etc.

Its rare but hey. Good sportsmanship bro

SethUnleashed
02-12-2017, 12:37 AM
in 2v2 i play with honor.

4v4 is a ****storm anyway, so no point in using honor with the powerups and revive-spamming... youre better of executing anything you can at any cost xD

AveImperator85
02-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Something I've noticed, and I'm not sure if it's a disparity between PC and PS4 or the Closed Beta and Open Beta, but I have noticed in the Open Beta on PS4 (I was on PC for the Closed Beta), there's a lot of ****wad emote spamming and team-attacking after a match.

Seems console gamers are *******s and children as a whole...

Damonrodes
02-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Something I've noticed, and I'm not sure if it's a disparity between PC and PS4 or the Closed Beta and Open Beta, but I have noticed in the Open Beta on PS4 (I was on PC for the Closed Beta), there's a lot of ****wad emote spamming and team-attacking after a match.

Seems console gamers are *******s and children as a whole...

I'm on ps4 and I'll have to agree with you there. Kids who play video games usually can't afford a two thousand dollar pc...... and that's only a decent pc. For it to last as long as a console your gonna have to upgrade and spend more money.

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 12:49 AM
To be fair, its not much different on PC. xD

Alot of emote spamming esp from conqs and orochis... but they just have the really cool spams that work like that xD

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 01:59 AM

Its not about movies, its about the code. If a lot of people didnt followed the code in some period of the old times, or used it as they pleased to do ****ty things, this is a reality. But the code is the code, and a game, is not reality.

Vikings didnt have horns in their helmet too, but here we are again.

Mathonn
02-12-2017, 02:21 AM
That is the definition of Honor and Honorable.

What you describe as honor is more of a code of ethics. Not honor. Honor is something respectable. I'm not defending him but I just want to point out that what you deem as honor is not the true definition of the term honor. You talk about a code of ethics.

There is no honor in ganging up on someone in a fight. There is no honor bringing a gun to a fist fight. There is no honor in picking on someone. Period. TO claim otherwise is folly

No, that is one source's definition of honor, and as an earlier poster noted, it is entirely dependent on which definition you choose.

But as I continue to point at, that "respect" that you are grabbing as your defense is ambiguous. It is dependent on whom your respect is directed at, and what you deem worthy of respect, if that's the definition you want. It's a circular argument that will inevitably take you through the entirety of multiple dictionaries.

"honor Translate Button
[on-er]
noun
honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions:
a man of honor.
a source of credit or distinction:
to be an honor to one's family."

Integrity in ones beliefs. The point being that for one do be honorable or dishonorable they must maintain the same beliefs.

"eth·ics
ˈeTHiks/
noun
moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.
"medical ethics also enter into the question"
synonyms: moral code, morals, morality, values, rights and wrongs, principles, ideals, standards (of behavior), value system, virtues, dictates of conscience
"your so-called newspaper is clearly not burdened by a sense of ethics"
"

The honor people are clambering for is a code of ethics, or rather the "respect" for adhering to that code. Bringing us right back around to defining your code vs someone else's.

Bringing a gun to a fist fight is by definition dishonorable because of the code that is put in place by the rules of the fist fight.

Bringing 4 people to a 4v4, is not. Your code is individual, the engagement is not.

The dishonorable actions inherent to this game include breaking the rules of the game (cheating), and quitting, not defeating the opposing team through accepted tactics, nor fleeing a fight that you cannot win. Unless you are adhering to a particular code that states otherwise. I recommend reading the stickies "Duelists code" at the top of this forum, he lays out a well structured and thoughtful approach to the code, while understanding that it is a specific code and not universal.

Mr.0reo
02-12-2017, 02:27 AM
Depends from your Point of View. For me, Honor is for my faction/family/etc. So no matter what, i need win for my faction.
For others, Honor is you don't play dirty for example.
Well, what i'm trying to say is, this is all about the Points of View of the person.
You can't judge me which i have no honor because i don't share the same values as you.

Mr.0reo
02-12-2017, 02:34 AM
I'm on ps4 and I'll have to agree with you there. Kids who play video games usually can't afford a two thousand dollar pc...... and that's only a decent pc. For it to last as long as a console your gonna have to upgrade and spend more money.

lol 2k PC? you can build 500$ PC which beats the consoles. My pc is 4 years old and run honor all high with 60+ FPS but i play all low for the 150+ FPS for my monitor 144HZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcrotHUVFN0

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 04:10 AM
Don't be mad if someone tells you you have no honor to make a 2 vs 1 on duels thou, He has the right and the proof to do it so, as you have the right to try to ******** him with your friend because the game let you. The game has his own rules. But nobody would call that an honorable act, lol. Its pretty basic for such a term as "Honor". honorable 2 vs 2 is the most satisfying stuff thou, one of the best things I could experimented on beta.

I guess it's easier to understand for people who does or has done some martial arts, even in competitive.

People should get over it that, Dominion is dominion, too xD

Damonrodes
02-12-2017, 04:26 AM
lol 2k PC? you can build 500$ PC which beats the consoles. My pc is 4 years old and run honor all high with 60+ FPS but i play all low for the 150+ FPS for my monitor 144HZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcrotHUVFN0

For one, me and you have a far different definition of decent. If I can't run the newest games for the next year at max settings, that pc isnt decent. It's garbage. When I build a pc, it better be running the newest games for the next 7 years at max settings without skipping a beat. I'm also going to pay 30%-40% more than you because I'm in canada. Our dollar is worth less and pc parts are a bit more expensive.

Divenity
02-12-2017, 05:08 AM
For honor is why we fight, not how we fight.

Honor is achieved in victory, methods are irrelevant... If you play a team game mode, expect it to be played as a team, that means ganging up on people to secure an advantage, not doing so is tactically inept.

If honor is how we fought, it would be "With Honor", not "For Honor".

Dorgroko
02-12-2017, 05:20 AM
as this chat is stating there is no honor in either of the 4v4 matches so far it starts out all fine but the moment they get the chance they zerg you to win.. Me and my friends at that point just adopt the policy if they want to win so damn bad and will not fight with honor they can fight the bots and from my own experience they can truly show those that like to do nothing but zerg. There needs to be a ranking system and if you get reported enough times you get placed in a noob / zerg rank the players that do this need to be removed from the Equation so that those that do have honor can enjoy the game.

That and switching to a deicated server system is really needed Ubisoft

Damonrodes
02-12-2017, 05:30 AM
as this chat is stating there is no honor in either of the 4v4 matches so far it starts out all fine but the moment they get the chance they zerg you to win.. Me and my friends at that point just adopt the policy if they want to win so damn bad and will not fight with honor they can fight the bots and from my own experience they can truly show those that like to do nothing but zerg. There needs to be a ranking system and if you get reported enough times you get placed in a noob / zerg rank the players that do this need to be removed from the Equation so that those that do have honor can enjoy the game.

If it's in 4v4 I would like to thank you for the easy win vs bots then. It's not 1v1 + 1v1 + 1v1 + 1v1.... it's 4 vs 4. Quit and take your loss, ubi will never punish for fighting for the win. There is a far better chance they punish little crybabies who rage quit.

Mathonn
02-12-2017, 06:07 AM
Don't be mad if someone tells you you have no honor to make a 2 vs 1 on duels thou, He has the right and the proof to do it so, as you have the right to try to ******** him with your friend because the game let you. The game has his own rules. But nobody would call that an honorable act, lol. Its pretty basic for such a term as "Honor". honorable 2 vs 2 is the most satisfying stuff thou, one of the best things I could experimented on beta.

I guess it's easier to understand for people who does or has done some martial arts, even in competitive.

People should get over it that, Dominion is dominion, too xD

And again we come to a narrow view of honor being used in an attempt to insult/shame players who don't adhere to the same ideas of honor.

The reason people are bothered is that players are using this narrow code of "honor" to justify what is a relatively selfish action in team based game play and then shame or berate players in an attempt to goad them into playing the same way. As I have said elsewhere, if you launch a game with a full server that agree to your code that's fine, and it's fine to play the "honor" card on them if they break the rules agreed upon.

Honor is achieved in victory, methods are irrelevant... If you play a team game mode, expect it to be played as a team, that means ganging up on people to secure an advantage, not doing so is tactically inept.

Relatively accurate use of semantics, although would disagree slightly with "methods are irrelevant" as lag switching and other abuses of the medium fall outside the parameters of the game but will likely be used.

as this chat is stating there is no honor in either of the 4v4 matches so far it starts out all fine but the moment they get the chance they zerg you to win..Me and my friends at that point just adopt the policy if they want to win so damn bad and will not fight with honor they can fight the bots and from my own experience they can truly show those that like to do nothing but zerg. There needs to be a ranking system and if you get reported enough times you get placed in a noob / zerg rank the players that do this need to be removed from the Equation so that those that do have honor can enjoy the game.

And right here ends up being the result of the whole movement. Players that quit because they've joined a team match against a team, all the while screwing their teammates over in the name of "honor". Only to follow it up by wanting to report them and have them publicly shamed by putting them on a list of people who disagree with their personal code.

"Honor" is being eclipsed by pride and personal indulgence, not entirely unlike the route it actually took in both medieval and feudal Japanese culture.

Divenity
02-12-2017, 06:09 AM
Relatively accurate use of semantics, although would disagree slightly with "methods are irrelevant" as lag switching and other abuses of the medium fall outside the parameters of the game but will likely be used.

Yes, I of course meant within the bounds of the game, not cheating.

Mathonn
02-12-2017, 06:33 AM
I assumed so, but wanted to cover our bases lest it become fodder for a more absurd argument.

Butonfly
02-12-2017, 06:42 AM
It's Honorable to force an enemy into a 2v1, to test his skill vs multiple opponents. It's his opportunity to prove his worth.

To stand back and not engage him is at worst to underestimate him, and at best to dishonor him by suggesting he's not worthy of multiple attackers at once.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it : D

Also, for the record, My most exiting matchups have been vs multiple opponents, and the elation from succeeding against stacked odds far exceeds, and is far superior than that of a 1v1.

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 03:48 PM
And again we come to a narrow view of honor being used in an attempt to insult/shame players who don't adhere to the same ideas of honor.

The reason people are bothered is that players are using this narrow code of "honor" to justify what is a relatively selfish action in team based game play and then shame or berate players in an attempt to goad them into playing the same way. As I have said elsewhere, if you launch a game with a full server that agree to your code that's fine, and it's fine to play the "honor" card on them if they break the rules agreed upon.

I agree that people should not impose a way of playing, but you have to agree that a 2 vs 1 on duels is not honorable and never will be. Saying that it is is very narrow minded and unrespectful for an healty duel. Revenge mode helps a lot thou, but sacrificing the skillbase of the match.
4 vs 4 or dominion is what it is for, a teambased mode, and everyone should accept it and play how they see fit.

Elimination mode is not about honor, nor skills thou, at least for now, that mode is broken as hell.

Honor is about respect, in this game for soldiers, deny it is being unrespectful. If you fight a 2 vs 1 you are saying to your enemy that you are not enought to kill it alone, you are disrespecting your own self, and your enemy, thou the revenge mode works quite well for this kind of situation.

Today I found myself in quite a odd situation on 2 vs 2: My enemy was a berseker and a PK, I had a bot on my side, in a round the pk killed the bot, and already started to move, dodging me away even in a place where he could block. Instintively, I attacked because he was a pk, but the poor guy dodged back, dunno why, and got killed because of that and I win.

"You are a *****" blablabla. You can see that this type of reaction is not honorable, even if both made a mistake, but this guy was being butthurted more than anything. We need an emote for us to be able to say "Hey, im gonna wait, so wait too."

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Another butthurted who wants to try to make butthurts others.

Come from behind, the game let you, but be prepared for a revenge mode next round lol.

Fips-DieGrille
02-12-2017, 04:12 PM

So true. I am sick of all these people that want to make the 2v2 another 1v1. If i am against 2 in a 2v2 because my mate died. The honor i get of a victory will only be greater!

We really need to spread this, so people choose the right game mode. I dont want to be flamed all day because i play it right and dont let my friend die, because there is also no honor in it.

SixKeys
02-12-2017, 04:40 PM
It is honorable to help a teammate in need. It's honorable not to stand by and risk watching your friend get his head cut off. IDGAF about personal glory, I only do what I would do in a real war, which is support my brothers in arms to ensure we all live to fight another day. Failure is allowing them to die because of pride. So hell yes I will gang up on people.

EothK
02-12-2017, 04:57 PM
I tend to wait duels out even in 4vs4, but with the very fast revives etc. letting people finish and such can result in a huge problem 2 minutes later.

In 2VS2 though I always wait out. If only not to steal someone elses fight on my own team.
Sometimes I have very close and cool duels with an opponent of equal skill and suddenly my teammate charges in killing him in a sec, feels kinda lame.

niki353
02-12-2017, 05:21 PM
I agree with the fact of greedy people.
People only think of killing. Never letting 1v1. for the 1v1 Duel you are right its specialized but its anoying to play 2v1 3v1 or 4v1 because this man doesnt stand a chance. No matter its 4v4 Mode you stand guard for 1 opponent. If its that much for taking out 4v1 then God of War Ascension is for that. For Honor is not designed for many enemies to beat.

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Waiting for duels is pretty difficult for 4 vs 4 indeed. Myself I prefer to play on the tactical part in dominion, because its the most tactical mode we have for now. I dont care for 3 vs 1 or 2, sometimes it can be fun too. But if someone wants a duel and say it I would be glad to duel him on some point, hoping that a teammate will respect us ofc.

Honor and pride are diferent, thou there is pride in honor. There is no "right" way of playing the match, only easier or harder. I mean, relax, its not even ranked. I like 2 vs 2, to look my teammate fighting with all his might and guts, on his own, like the warrior he is. This is a videogame.

Mathonn
02-12-2017, 06:14 PM
I agree that people should not impose a way of playing, but you have to agree that a 2 vs 1 on duels is not honorable and never will be. Saying that it is is very narrow minded and unrespectful for an healty duel. Revenge mode helps a lot thou, but sacrificing the skillbase of the match.
4 vs 4 or dominion is what it is for, a teambased mode, and everyone should accept it and play how they see fit.

Elimination mode is not about honor, nor skills thou, at least for now, that mode is broken as hell.

Honor is about respect, in this game for soldiers, deny it is being unrespectful. If you fight a 2 vs 1 you are saying to your enemy that you are not enought to kill it alone, you are disrespecting your own self, and your enemy, thou the revenge mode works quite well for this kind of situation.

Today I found myself in quite a odd situation on 2 vs 2: My enemy was a berseker and a PK, I had a bot on my side, in a round the pk killed the bot, and already started to move, dodging me away even in a place where he could block. Instintively, I attacked because he was a pk, but the poor guy dodged back, dunno why, and got killed because of that and I win.

"You are a *****" blablabla. You can see that this type of reaction is not honorable, even if both made a mistake, but this guy was being butthurted more than anything. We need an emote for us to be able to say "Hey, im gonna wait, so wait too."

Except that there is no 2v1 in duels, period. The opportunity for 2v1 only arises in team matches, which means those choosing to duel are setting their team aside for personal reason. It is not narrow minded to suggest that ones code of honor requires him to intervene in the possible mauling of a compatriot, or that the code of honor put team or faction over self; it is narrow minded to believe that there is only one way for honor to be achieved or expressed. The concepts and ideologies behind Honor, respect, ethics, and morals are not universally defined; different cultures hold different views.

B3N--
02-12-2017, 06:24 PM

Bro, you have selected the wrong game mode, go to duels if you want "honorable 1vs1", like this you will be sure to do your fight solo.

When you will do the "honorable fight in elimination" and loose because the ennemy team will gank you when they will smelt the defeat come, you will see this on another point..

The 4vs4 gamemodes are about team play and strategic choices, including "ganking". This is not just 1vs1 + 1vs1 + 1vs1 + 1vs1(or not always)

EDIT for Tyrrel..: the most interesting fight i have done was in those mode, when i was outnumbered, its in them that you learn a lot , and when you win one of those fight, the glory is real :) I gank, i get too, i 1vs1, i run from my opponen to create chaos directly from the start... personnally i love those gamemode because its always different in term of battle

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Meh when the ranked mode comes out most of these players obsessed with winning will flock away from casual matches to let us play for fun.

Yeah you can win if you attack from outside camera range at the right time, but where is the fun in that? What will you learn?
Most of the people that gank in brawl are the same that leave when they get their *** kicked, they only care about winning.

I don't get angry if you gank me, I always expect the worst from people (a good attitude in real life too) but don't come whining in the forum when I spam my best least fair combo to take you down with no mercy.

I'll treat you as you treat me: you respect me I'll respect you, you don't then don't expect anything from me.

This.

Butonfly
02-12-2017, 06:36 PM
What I find really funny is how the "fight for honor" people base their entire argument on the title of the game, and their interpretation thereof.

But the game could just have easily been titled "Kill them. Kill them all!" And their perspective would be based entirely on that XD

Quite likely you'd still make up your own arbitrary rules to play by that the game knows nothing about XD

Other fun titles :D

"Murder Death Kill"

"Rape em"

"Play to win"

Honestly, my advice is if you don't like the people who don't adhere to your arbitrary set of rules, get better and beat them. Then you can preach your superiority in the matter.

Divenity
02-12-2017, 07:27 PM
It is honorable to help a teammate in need. It's honorable not to stand by and risk watching your friend get his head cut off. IDGAF about personal glory, I only do what I would do in a real war, which is support my brothers in arms to ensure we all live to fight another day. Failure is allowing them to die because of pride. So hell yes I will gang up on people.

This, there is no honor in letting a teammate die.

Ryen91
02-12-2017, 08:51 PM
I mean you could always party up with superior who doesn't die in the first 10 seconds so it doesn't become 2on 1... But I lol this whole thread... Really your complaint about someone wanting to win and because your teammate dies quickly you have a tough fight, builds up armor worth revenge gain, get revenge use it to knock one down attack the one with the lowest life, should die rather quick then your back to 1v1.. Doesn't work everyone y, bit I have defeated my share of 2v1

ast3lan
02-12-2017, 09:06 PM

Because cheese tactics are so much fun and bring so much to the game... ( not )

Then again i dont know what Ubisoft was expecting, while the combat system looks promising it is however badly implemented, at least in gamemodes like brawl and dominion.. these gamemodes will generate alot of hate and not everyone is prepared to enter the fray and get ganked time and again by whats seems to be rather cheesy tactics.

Right now i just had a match where a noboshi spent the whole game spamming light attacks... applause.. this ..run away and done rinse and repeat.. there was no skill involved just plain old spam...

Add that to players making fun of the people they just ganked and you have the reason why people tend to estabelish a certain code of conduct when fighting, it is pointless to an extent but also the decent thing to do.

And right here ends up being the result of the whole movement. Players that quit because they've joined a team match against a team, all the while screwing their teammates over in the name of "honor". Only to follow it up by wanting to report them and have them publicly shamed by putting them on a list of people who disagree with their personal code.

"Honor" is being eclipsed by pride and personal indulgence, not entirely unlike the route it actually took in both medieval and feudal Japanese culture.

You are actually wrong and right at the same time, in ancient Japanese Feudal culture you wouldn't interrupt a duel in between two samurai or two lords and if you did you would have your head decorating a pike.

Self indulgence took over due to people thinking like you, in fact its a damn shame because the standards by which measure themselves nowadays are so low that to compare them to gutter level would be to insult something that fullfills a function but then again this is the sad world we live in, people try to win by all means because its easy and as long its easy and works the majority is happy, there is nothing noble or worth of note in that its just the way it is..sad and how people work.

The code of honor which you critizise is by no means narrow, in fact personally i dont expect others to follow it and if i get ganked then i will gank and add insult to injury everytime i can because such people deserve no less.

All in all what im saying is, if you don't like people that want to play with a semblance of exactly that, honor and actually have fun pitched battles then by all means play the way you like, but calling others narrow just because your own sense of self indulgence (that concept you seem to embrace and many others sadly) prevents you from being the better player is downright short sighted.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 09:07 PM
What I find really funny is how the "fight for honor" people base their entire argument on the title of the game, and their interpretation thereof.

But the game could just have easily been titled "Kill them. Kill them all!" And their perspective would be based entirely on that XD

Quite likely you'd still make up your own arbitrary rules to play by that the game knows nothing about XD

"Murder Death Kill"

"Rape em"

"Play to win"

Honestly, my advice is if you don't like the people who don't adhere to your arbitrary set of rules, get better and beat them. Then you can preach your superiority in the matter.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

gssholly
02-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Sorry I find honor in VICTORY. In a 4v4, I will go 2-3v1 if need be to win. don't like it, don't lock and load.

Fips-DieGrille
02-12-2017, 09:54 PM
For Honor is not designed for many enemies to beat.

This is totally wrong. It is exactly designed that you are able to win outnumbered situations. Heavies are even designed to be in that situation. This is what revenge mode is for and it works! If you gang up and you just mash buttons you will lose a 2v1 very easily. And all the people saying they want this 1v1 situations are just no teamplayers, so why go in a team mode? i dont get it. But i can tell you, you will never forget this great feeling when you beat 2 or even 3 enemies alone (or 4?). It is so great and this is part of the game the same as the 1v1 situations are that appear often and i also totally enjoy them.

Mathonn
02-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Because cheese tactics are so much fun and bring so much to the game... ( not )

Then again i dont know what Ubisoft was expecting, while the combat system looks promising it is however badly implemented, at least in gamemodes like brawl and dominion.. these gamemodes will generate alot of hate and not everyone is prepared to enter the fray and get ganked time and again by whats seems to be rather cheesy tactics.

Right now i just had a match where a noboshi spent the whole game spamming light attacks... applause.. this ..run away and done rinse and repeat.. there was no skill involved just plain old spam...

Add that to players making fun of the people they just ganked and you have the reason why people tend to estabelish a certain code of conduct when fighting, it is pointless to an extent but also the decent thing to do.

You are actually wrong and right at the same time, in ancient Japanese Feudal culture you wouldn't interrupt a duel in between two samurai or two lords and if you did you would have your head decorating a pike.

Self indulgence took over due to people thinking like you, in fact its a damn shame because the standards by which measure themselves nowadays are so low that to compare them to gutter level would be to insult something that fullfills a function but then again this is the sad world we live in, people try to win by all means because its easy and as long its easy and works the majority is happy, there is nothing noble or worth of note in that its just the way it is..sad and how people work.

The code of honor which you critizise is by no means narrow, in fact personally i dont expect others to follow it and if i get ganked then i will gank and add insult to injury everytime i can because such people deserve no less.

All in all what im saying is, if you don't like people that want to play with a semblance of exactly that, honor and actually have fun pitched battles then by all means play the way you like, but calling others narrow just because your own sense of self indulgence (that concept you seem to embrace and many others sadly) prevents you from being the better player is downright short sighted.

In a multiplayer scenario, working together with your teammates is not "cheese", it's playing a team game as a team. There is a specific, 1v1, scenario for 1v1 engagements, and the rest is designed around team elements. If you choose to follow a personal code of honor that leads you to ignore your teammates and your faction, that's your right, but it doesn't make those who don't wrong, and they don't lack honor for putting something other than their K/D or sense of pride ahead of everything else. Players in team sports are considered selfish when they put themselves first to increase their own legend, that is what you are calling honor, and in fact what many samurai and medieval knights chose to do with themselves as their services and traditions fell by the way side.

I'll absolutely agree that people making fun of others for beating them while out numbering them, or a variety of other reasons, is shameful, but I find people mocking each other and berating each other to be a problem from the start, which is part of the reason I'm arguing this stuff in the first place, It's poor sportsmanship, but it's very different from being a part of a team, in a team game, and playing with your team. They created different game modes for a reason, and certain modes play under certain rules and restrictions, while others do not.

"You wouldn't interrupt a duel..." is exactly right. I again point to the game modes and their titles, and purpose, for that point. You would not interrupt a duel, but it is only a duel if both parties involved agree to the terms, and in the team game structure both parties would mean both teams. There is a reason they have a specific duel mode, and why there are victory conditions in the other modes. And, of course, that was in samurai culture, which is not the same as that of medieval knights, or Viking warriors. The point being that there is not one single code that spans every culture, even if certain tenets are present in each.

Either you don't know what I'm saying or you don't follow the meaning of self indulgence, because they do not go hand in hand. The entire point of this is that the team modes are team modes, and rules of engagement are different within team modes. They are not personal duels for honor, you are a team, the game mode pits two teams against each other and the honor should be that of the team. Players are attempting to use a personal code to dictate the action and behavior of their team, and the opposing team, and that simply is not how it functions. The code we as a community should be following is the code of conduct, which certainly includes elements of fair play, but there's a misguided notion that one team staying as a group and defeating the other team that has scattered is somehow unfair. If you are bothered by getting out numbered be agitated at your teammates for failing to play as a team.

The simplest sports analogy I can think of would be a professional American Football team complaining that the QB got sacked because the other team blitzed and the offense didn't keep enough players in to pick up all the blockers. This was a failure of one team to plan against the other, or perhaps a gamble taken with a known risk; it was not an inappropriate or dishonorable decision by the defensive side.

And to be clear, I am not calling others narrow (may be one or two exceptions that go by), but the view of honor some hold is. As I said elsewhere, how you show honor depends on multiple factors, including culture and the object of your code. If the code a player follows is for the honor of his faction or friends, it will manifest differently than one who holds himself as the focal point of his code. I am also not saying there is anything wrong with holding that view, but if they do I don't see how taunting and berating others, or quitting out of games, or retaliating in kind can be supported by anyone claiming to hold a code based on respect. "If you disrespect me, I'll disrespect you" doesn't really suggest honor so much as pride.

And since so many like to call on the "honor of samurai" as evidence to back up the arguments, I recommend checking out the principles of Bushido, although much like honor you will find a multitude of different interpretations.

In a 1v1 engagement (duel) I'll play any way the other party is interested, or simply allow the duel to develop organically, beyond that I have an obligation to my team or faction if I choose to enter into a team game. I will be polite in victory and defeat, I won't cheat, and I won't spend five minutes running from you just to drag out a match that I won't be able to win. I don't interrupt my teammates just to steal their kill, but their "life" is more important to me than yours so don't expect me to let you execute them either. I'm not likely to sneak up on you and stab you in the back, but I'm not going to come here and complain if it happens to me, and I have no problem fighting multiple assailants at the same time (I've won several times I've been outnumbered). I don't teabag, or taunt incessantly, but will use a victory emote and the "good fight" message.

I'm also not going to personally attack you for having and playing by a code, but I won't ignore the toxicity brought about by the ridiculous amount of shaming and berating that is going on in the name of honor, nor those mocking others who choose to play by a personal code.

ThePelicanLord
02-12-2017, 11:23 PM
I'll post the same thing here that I posted on Reddit about this subject:

I really love this game and I also enjoy taking part in it with this sub-reddit. However, it seems the only substantive discussion taking place on this board is people whining about opponents not dueling to the death at all times. If you think this game is just about duels, you are dumber than the bots, because the bots understand a tactical retreat. For Honor provides numerous game modes that open the doors for interesting strategies and teamwork and I would hate to see it watered down by players who can't seem to wrap their minds around something beyond a duel. Let me explain by going through the brawl and elimination game modes and then provide some general thoughts:

Brawl - I am not opposed to letting two duels happen in brawl, but the best matches I have experienced are when people truly treat it like a 2v2. In a 2v2, there is added complexity in the necessity to protect your flank by keeping an eye on both opponents, requiring you to change targets, mind your spacing, and protect your teammate. The match-up and skill-sets of your team may not match-up favorably against the other team and you need to find a different way to win. As a Conqueror, I may want to start the match by charging and knocking down my teammates opponent to allow them an opening before I turn back on the second opponent now arriving. As a Nobushi, I may find an opportunity to turn and get a light-hit bleed on my teammates opponent, or defend my injured teammate with a guard break.

Elimination - The boosts are a fantastic addition to this mode and I believe that those who cry about them simply are unable to understand the layer of complexity and strategic thinking that the game introduces through them. Boosts force you to expand your awareness of your surroundings and grab any advantage you can, while also changing your play-style based on if you or your opponent has a boost. If I start off a round and there is a boost between me and my opponent, I'm going to be extra aggressive because I want that boost. Should my opponent get that boost, I may need to be more defensive at the outset till the boost wears off. If I'm winning a duel and know there is a defensive or life boost nearby, I'm spacing myself to protect against a retreat by my opponent to that boost. And you can be damn sure that if my duel starts off poorly, I am going to retreat to a more advantageous situation - whether that be a boost, teammates, or just losing my opponent on the map.

General thoughts - Look, I love dueling. Therefore, I go to the game-mode called "duel" and play it often. The other modes are meant to challenge you in ways that a duel doesn't. It is true that there are people out there that run around the map the entire match and those people suck, but that is not where the majority of salt on this board is coming from regarding this duel-till-death mentality. I would like to encourage everyone on this board to think about what else brawl and elimination can mean beyond a duel and hopefully in doing so you find greater enjoyment in this wonderful game. If you don't, then get better at dueling and fighting multiple opponents. Learn to block off retreats and improve your understanding of the classes and opponent play-styles to realize when you need to pressure them down to avoid being frustrated.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this post. Have a great Sunday, all, and enjoy For Honor!

Mathonn
02-12-2017, 11:29 PM
@PelicanLord - Good Post

MogarBobac
02-12-2017, 11:35 PM
shall tell you my tale
2v2 brawl start if game

I kill my enemy and rush over to help my ally with his. I had seen players wait before, i have personally waited before but i have also seen players not.
So i rush over and kill my other enemy and help my teammate. Other team yells "no honor!!" along with some choice words as does my teammate which surprised me.
Next round starts
I begin fighting with my enemy and the other enemy runs over to me and begins fighting me 2v1. My team mate just stands there doing nothing. I kill one of my enemys and get killed by the other. My teammate says "that's what you get!"
The enemy revives the one i just killed and proceeds to do a 1v1 with my teammate and we loose the game. All the time i couldn't communicate anything to the enemy or my teammate with the limited range of words i could use.
Why did everyone get so upset? BTW i was rather angry because i felt i was being treated unfairly and couldn't communicate what had happened and betrayed by my teammate.
If i could have i would have reported them.
2v2 SAYS BRAWL not 2*1v1's duel and such anger is not warranted over a video game.

forrest0755
02-12-2017, 11:37 PM
The battlefield is littered with corpses of soldiers who fight with honor. The survivors drinking their spoils at the end rarely have such honor. War is not a place for honor, its a place for surviving and team work. It is foolish to let a team mate fight by him/herself when there is a chance to have an advantage.

ThePelicanLord
02-12-2017, 11:40 PM
shall tell you my tale
2v2 brawl start if game

I kill my enemy and rush over to help my ally with his. I had seen players wait before, i have personally waited before but i have also seen players not.
So i rush over and kill my other enemy and help my teammate. Other team yells "no honor!!" along with some choice words as does my teammate which surprised me.
Next round starts
I begin fighting with my enemy and the other enemy runs over to me and begins fighting me 2v1. My team mate just stands there doing nothing. I kill one of my enemys and get killed by the other. My teammate says "that's what you get!"
The enemy revives the one i just killed and proceeds to do a 1v1 with my teammate and we loose the game. All the time i couldn't communicate anything to the enemy or my teammate with the limited range of words i could use.
Why did everyone get so upset? BTW i was rather angry because i felt i was being treated unfairly and couldn't communicate what had happened and betrayed by my teammate.
If i could have i would have reported them.
2v2 SAYS BRAWL not 2*1v1's duel and such anger is not warranted over a video game.

I feel your pain, man. It's going to be very interesting to watch brawl progress once the game is released. I sincerely hope the 2v2 instead of two 1v1's crowd wins out, otherwise it will be a pointless mode. For now though, to guard against ending up in situations like that, I recommend everyone team up with someone that shares your view. Feel free to add me to your friends list, Mogar, and I'd be happy to play some true 2v2 with you.

GNASHSAMA
02-12-2017, 11:40 PM

So you come on the forums to complain about the lack of honor of others? Amusing. You can't win a 1v2? You can't honorably destroy two people who can't stand against your infallible might in a 1v2?

kinda sad lol

I killed my enemy instantly, an Orochi I sprinted at, used a running heavy attack, proceeded to parry a heavy attack then guard-blocked him ultimately throwing them off the ledge and then ran over to help my teammate. Killing his duelist as well. The next round began.

They both came running over to me. I killed one in seconds. The second tried to attack from my rear but simply wasn't good enough. So I killed the spear chick as well. My teammate started hitting me when the round ended.

The enemy team ragequit. Bots were easy to kill.

Sauronbaine
02-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Meh when the ranked mode comes out most of these players obsessed with winning will flock away from casual matches to let us play for fun.

Yeah you can win if you attack from outside camera range at the right time, but where is the fun in that? What will you learn?
Most of the people that gank in brawl are the same that leave when they get their *** kicked, they only care about winning.

I don't get angry if you gank me, I always expect the worst from people (a good attitude in real life too) but don't come whining in the forum when I spam my best least fair combo to take you down with no mercy.

I'll treat you as you treat me: you respect me I'll respect you, you don't then don't expect anything from me.

This is exactly my thoughts. Its those who think winning means everything, even if being a coward is ok. Its the same folks who exploit certain mechanics in order to win.

Noob tubes in CoD, sits only in a tank. lol

Its those who seek to win by any means neccesary who are mainly the culprits of the dishonorable engagements.

I really would like to see a mode like last man standing. Two teams send one person out at a time into the arena. Only one man can be left standing.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Waiting for duels is pretty difficult for 4 vs 4 indeed. Myself I prefer to play on the tactical part in dominion, because its the most tactical mode we have for now. I dont care for 3 vs 1 or 2, sometimes it can be fun too. But if someone wants a duel and say it I would be glad to duel him on some point, hoping that a teammate will respect us ofc.

Honor and pride are diferent, thou there is pride in honor. There is no "right" way of playing the match, only easier or harder. I mean, relax, its not even ranked. I like 2 vs 2, to look my teammate fighting with all his might and guts, on his own, like the warrior he is. This is a videogame.

I personally enjoy watching other people fight. It's actually interesting to watch an execution from a third person stance. When your teammate is dead and they turn to you, its like you are the "final boss".

Feels good man.

Yvendel
02-13-2017, 12:02 AM
This is exactly my thoughts. Its those who think winning means everything, even if being a coward is ok. Its the same folks who exploit certain mechanics in order to win.
I really would like to see a mode like last man standing. Two teams send one person out at a time into the arena. Only one man can be left standing.
This is actually a very good idea, would like to try something like this. Arena mode.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:03 AM

"Murder Death Kill"

"Rape em"

"Play to win"

Oh that happens alot. I may get ganked in the next round and when the other team loses in the end, its time to laugh at them and openly point out that they lost while being cowards.

xD

Feels good.

But my favorite thing was when a warden ganked me, got his teammate killed because of revengem ode and proceded to lose to a half HP person because I was significantly better than he was at the game. Even his teammate openly pointed out that his cowardice was frowned upon.

ThePelicanLord
02-13-2017, 12:05 AM

Noob tubes in CoD, sits only in a tank. lol

Its those who seek to win by any means neccesary who are mainly the culprits of the dishonorable engagements.

Essentially, you want to limit the opportunities of the game and just focus on what is in front you. While that is certainly your right, that is why duel is a game mode. Brawl is intended for you to use map awareness and teamwork. It requires you to show an additional level of skill while still requiring you to fight the person in front of you.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:14 AM
Essentially, you want to limit the opportunities of the game and just focus on what is in front you. While that is certainly your right, that is why duel is a game mode. Brawl is intended for you to use map awareness and teamwork. It requires you to show an additional level of skill while still requiring you to fight the person in front of you.

Im not sure I understand the first sentence. What opportunities of the game?

Im not trying to berate you or anything but I really am not sure what the hell you are talking about. xD

but I will say this. Brawl is my favorite mode. Duel is not fun at all imo. Duel ends up being a nooboshi playplace. way too many nooboshis in that mode. Was irritating.

4 v 4 elim is a ****fest. Can be amusing at times but its a **** fest.

4 v 4 Domination/Dominion is fun, but not my style. The points is ok.

Brawl is my favorite. It is a rare occurence you find yourself in a brawl where people actually gang up on one another. I say 98% of it is fair fights. Alot of chatting and people making friends. I rarely see trash talk. I like it.

Are there occasions where people 2 v 1 in brawls? Sure... but again its rare. It makes me smile and I enjoy watching other people fight. When the 2 v 2 duels happen, people usually stay and we keep chatting about the game itself and what our plans are for the release and stuff.

It's also a chance to show off your true skill in the game and most people seem to enjoy it. At least from what i've seen.

I think it is your choice to be a coward and interrupt duels((It's my personal view of cowardice.)), but I think its also fair to say that you will get backlash for it. A.K.A the "No honor"

And hey, you may end up paying for your actions because you pissed off some players who were alot better than you and ended up kicking your ***. Or you may have found out that your teammate disagreed with your conduct with the game and doesn't help you out in a 1 v 1 if you are losing.

Actions have consequences.

forrest0755
02-13-2017, 12:25 AM
You can call us cowards, but guess what, the cowards win more than not. I do think a Tourney mode, for those who prefer one vs one, would be a good idea. But I like Brawls that are actually 2 vs 2, not 1 vs 1. If I wanted to fight 1 vs 1, I would do Duels. I like the dynamic of a 2 v 2 fight. Having to watch multiple angles, while trying not to hit your team mate.

ThePelicanLord
02-13-2017, 12:27 AM
Opportunities for interaction and to display your level of skill.

It's also a chance to show off your true skill in the game and most people seem to enjoy it. At least from what i've seen.

True skill at what? Skill increases the more information you can successfully juggle at a given time. Brawl is about fighting the person in front of you, positioning yourself appropriately to guard against a 2v1, assisting a teammate that is in trouble, and, if it comes to it, learning how to successfully defend against a 2v1. Duel is intended for a singular focus on the opponent in front of you, and while very fun, does not mean you are honorable or more skillful than an opponent.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:28 AM
You can call us cowards, but guess what, the cowards win more than not. I do think a Tourney mode, for those who prefer one vs one, would be a good idea. But I like Brawls that are actually 2 vs 2, not 1 vs 1. If I wanted to fight 1 vs 1, I would do Duels. I like the dynamic of a 2 v 2 fight. Having to watch multiple angles, while trying not to hit your team mate.

that certainly is your choice. Thats fine. People play different ways. Just dont expect your rando teammate to feel the same way as you.

And the cowards win more than not? Sure. I can agree with that one. I do see them winning more, but its defintely more amusing when they lose to more honorable folk... Oh and its even mor funny when the rando teammate calls you a coward. Your own teammate did. hahah.

I laughed at that one when I had it in a match.

Afius
02-13-2017, 12:29 AM
1v1 is set for your "honor" desires the other modes there is no way to ensure that your opponent that you are dueling will fight with the same rules. They could run and revive a teammate then they get a full health teammate while you and yours are weakened. It's the point of the mode to work as a team. You think in War a squad of soldiers will stop shooting because the number of enemies have been reduced. The tide can change at any time if you're not going to play as part of the team go play solo. 99% of the time people will take advantage of disadvantages. If you are getting 2v1 you need to take action to better your chances whether it regrouping or taking some other action to better your chances. Honestly why are you playing a team mode if you're looking for 1v1 battles.

Wyrmtung
02-13-2017, 12:33 AM
So the open beta is over and I still really want to play. Can someone send me a friend invite? There should be a link in your beta key email. Wyrmtung@gmail.com. is my Ubi email. Would be eternally grateful as waiting 2 days to buy it would be a travesty

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:33 AM

True skill at what? Skill increases the more information you can successfully juggle at a given time. Brawl is about fighting the person in front of you, positioning yourself appropriately to guard against a 2v1, assisting a teammate that is in trouble, and, if it comes to it, learning how to successfully defend against a 2v1. Duel is intended for a singular focus on the opponent in front of you, and while very fun, does not mean you are honorable or more skillful than an opponent.

What do you mean by more opportunities for interaction?

Thats not what brawl is. I dont know what brawls you have been in, but most brawls end up being honorable duels. At least when im involved.

and how is a duel NOT a bout of skill? Its one on one. The game is designed around one on one. Balanced around one on one. If you cannot beat your opponent by yourself, then you are not as good as him. Period.

2 v 1 isn't skill either except for the 1. It's like saying a fist fight between rocky balboa and Ivan Dragon teamed up with Apollo Creed. The chances of rocky coming out of there alive, even though Sylvester Stallone is amazing, is slim to none. Doesn't mean that Ivan or Apollo are better fighters. It means that they had the rule of numbers.

Its why Mortal Kombat or Street fighter is 1 on 1. Thats skill. Having an advantage doesn't mean you are better than someone else. its when two people on equal ground go head to head that true skill comes out.

ThePelicanLord
02-13-2017, 12:34 AM
that certainly is your choice. Thats fine. People play different ways. Just dont expect your rando teammate to feel the same way as you.

And the cowards win more than not? Sure. I can agree with that one. I do see them winning more, but its defintely more amusing when they lose to more honorable folk... Oh and its even mor funny when the rando teammate calls you a coward. Your own teammate did. hahah.

I laughed at that one when I had it in a match.

The mental gymnastics you continue to go through to define brawl mode as two 1v1's is impressive.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:36 AM
1v1 is set for your "honor" desires the other modes there is no way to ensure that your opponent that you are dueling will fight with the same rules. They could run and revive a teammate then they get a full health teammate while you and yours are weakened. It's the point of the mode to work as a team. You think in War a squad of soldiers will stop shooting because the number of enemies have been reduced. The tide can change at any time if you're not going to play as part of the team go play solo. 99% of the time people will take advantage of disadvantages. If you are getting 2v1 you need to take action to better your chances whether it regrouping or taking some other action to better your chances. Honestly why are you playing a team mode if you're looking for 1v1 battles.

Thats correct. HOWEVER, as most people in the beta are, 2 v 2 is still very close to duels. You will rarely find people who gank others unles they get ganked first. Since im not the ganking type, I dont usuall get ganked. its honorable duels 98% of the time for my experiences and thats the way I like it.

Plus in 2 v 2 Brawl, if you gank, you may find out your teammate doesn't share your view points and leaves you out to dry when you fight a superior opponent.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:37 AM
The mental gymnastics you continue to go through to define brawl mode as two 1v1's is impressive.

Uh... ok I guess? Not sure what to say here... lol

ThePelicanLord
02-13-2017, 12:38 AM
What do you mean by more opportunities for interaction?

Thats not what brawl is. I dont know what brawls you have been in, but most brawls end up being honorable duels. At least when im involved.

and how is a duel NOT a bout of skill? Its one on one. The game is designed around one on one. Balanced around one on one. If you cannot beat your opponent by yourself, then you are not as good as him. Period.

2 v 1 isn't skill either except for the 1. It's like saying a fist fight between rocky balboa and Ivan Dragon teamed up with Apollo Creed. The chances of rocky coming out of there alive, even though Sylvester Stallone is amazing, is slim to none. Doesn't mean that Ivan or Apollo are better fighters. It means that they had the rule of numbers.

Its why Mortal Kombat or Street fighter is 1 on 1. Thats skill. Having an advantage doesn't mean you are better than someone else. its when two people on equal ground go head to head that true skill comes out.

I did not say that a duel is not about skill. Based on the rest of the quote I bolded I am finished discussing the game mode with you. The tutorial immediately teaches you how to switch between opponents and the revenge mechanic is built around overcoming a disadvantage in numbers. If, beyond those obvious mechanic examples, you cannot comprehend the additional skills that the game is asking you to have, then there is no point left in trying to make you see otherwise. Enjoy your duels...I mean brawls.

ast3lan
02-13-2017, 12:38 AM
In a multiplayer scenario, working together with your teammates is not "cheese", it's playing a team game as a team. There is a specific, 1v1, scenario for 1v1 engagements, and the rest is designed around team elements. If you choose to follow a personal code of honor that leads you to ignore your teammates and your faction, that's your right, but it doesn't make those who don't wrong, and they don't lack honor for putting something other than their K/D or sense of pride ahead of everything else. Players in team sports are considered selfish when they put themselves first to increase their own legend, that is what you are calling honor, and in fact what many samurai and medieval knights chose to do with themselves as their services and traditions fell by the way side.

Right..except this isn't sport. By your logic the same team members that just ganked 1 guy in 4v1 should go for the objectives except they don't, in these 3 days of Beta a good part of what i saw was people ganking without end and the other people running around, ironic as just ganking all the time does not garantee you a win, the salt was exquisite.

I'll absolutely agree that people making fun of others for beating them while out numbering them, or a variety of other reasons, is shameful, but I find people mocking each other and berating each other to be a problem from the start, which is part of the reason I'm arguing this stuff in the first place, It's poor sportsmanship, but it's very different from being a part of a team, in a team game, and playing with your team. They created different game modes for a reason, and certain modes play under certain rules and restrictions, while others do not.

The same happens in 1v1... its disapointing to see someone spamming the same thing over and over without you having a chance to fight back... and while i do understand and actually have outplayed some people , for some reason or the other in some other fights , for me personally, i saw that some game flaws gave the other guy the advantage.

Now we can argue silly me for not abusing flawed mechanics but then again i dont like winning just because something is broken and i could exploit it.

"You wouldn't interrupt a duel..." is exactly right. I again point to the game modes and their titles, and purpose, for that point. You would not interrupt a duel, but it is only a duel if both parties involved agree to the terms, and in the team game structure both parties would mean both teams. There is a reason they have a specific duel mode, and why there are victory conditions in the other modes. And, of course, that was in samurai culture, which is not the same as that of medieval knights, or Viking warriors. The point being that there is not one single code that spans every culture, even if certain tenets are present in each.

Actually history teaches us of a point in Samurai history where they went full ******** on their enemies...the mongols, ironic how after being "ganked" the Japanese paid in kind... the problem here is, you cant exact your revenge on the guy/guys that ganked you.

Perhaps here is an ideia for a new mode...

Either you don't know what I'm saying or you don't follow the meaning of self indulgence, because they do not go hand in hand. The entire point of this is that the team modes are team modes, and rules of engagement are different within team modes. They are not personal duels for honor, you are a team, the game mode pits two teams against each other and the honor should be that of the team. Players are attempting to use a personal code to dictate the action and behavior of their team, and the opposing team, and that simply is not how it functions. The code we as a community should be following is the code of conduct, which certainly includes elements of fair play, but there's a misguided notion that one team staying as a group and defeating the other team that has scattered is somehow unfair. If you are bothered by getting out numbered be agitated at your teammates for failing to play as a team.

Wrong. I dont have a problem with losing if i got outplayed or the team didn't work well together, losing a game however because some people read/heard how to use some questionable methods that made their lifes easier is a tad irritating.

Like i said, code or no code the playerbase should uphold a certain standard

The simplest sports analogy I can think of would be a professional American Football team complaining that the QB got sacked because the other team blitzed and the offense didn't keep enough players in to pick up all the blockers. This was a failure of one team to plan against the other, or perhaps a gamble taken with a known risk; it was not an inappropriate or dishonorable decision by the defensive side.

Someone has to explain to me why a game played with the hands is called football...

And to be clear, I am not calling others narrow (may be one or two exceptions that go by), but the view of honor some hold is. As I said elsewhere, how you show honor depends on multiple factors, including culture and the object of your code. If the code a player follows is for the honor of his faction or friends, it will manifest differently than one who holds himself as the focal point of his code. I am also not saying there is anything wrong with holding that view, but if they do I don't see how taunting and berating others, or quitting out of games, or retaliating in kind can be supported by anyone claiming to hold a code based on respect. "If you disrespect me, I'll disrespect you" doesn't really suggest honor so much as pride.

And since so many like to call on the "honor of samurai" as evidence to back up the arguments, I recommend checking out the principles of Bushido, although much like honor you will find a multitude of different interpretations.

I dont advocate people leaving games or being disrespectfull, people are people and we all fail.

In a 1v1 engagement (duel) I'll play any way the other party is interested, or simply allow the duel to develop organically, beyond that I have an obligation to my team or faction if I choose to enter into a team game. I will be polite in victory and defeat, I won't cheat, and I won't spend five minutes running from you just to drag out a match that I won't be able to win. I don't interrupt my teammates just to steal their kill, but their "life" is more important to me than yours so don't expect me to let you execute them either. I'm not likely to sneak up on you and stab you in the back, but I'm not going to come here and complain if it happens to me, and I have no problem fighting multiple assailants at the same time (I've won several times I've been outnumbered). I don't teabag, or taunt incessantly, but will use a victory emote and the "good fight" message.

Alot of people wait for that stab in the back.. now i played Orochi (which is ironic) but i never went into a duel for stabbing... unless someone else from the other team decided to joing the duel, then fair game in my book.

I still find that the main issue resides in the way combat was implemented in the game and how Ubisoft gives players the ideia that this game revolves around individual combat once 2 warriors face one another.

I'm also not going to personally attack you for having and playing by a code, but I won't ignore the toxicity brought about by the ridiculous amount of shaming and berating that is going on in the name of honor, nor those mocking others who choose to play by a personal code.

Again i dont defend rigid adeherence to some Code but some principles and standards...which i know not everyone has or values the same thing. For me its just as wrong to state that victory should be won by all means as it is to try and impose some rule on the other team and shame them afterwards for not keeping with it because there is not mutual agreement.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:42 AM
I did not say that a duel is not about skill. Based on the rest of the quote I bolded I am finished discussing the game mode with you. The tutorial immediately teaches you how to switch between opponents and the revenge mechanic is built around overcoming a disadvantage in numbers. If, beyond those obvious mechanic examples, you cannot comprehend the additional skills that the game is asking you to have, then there is no point left in trying to make you see otherwise. Enjoy your duels...I mean brawls.

Wanna try that again? I just bolded your post when you said 1 v 1 isn't about skill.

ThePelicanLord
02-13-2017, 12:43 AM
Wanna try that again? I just bolded your post when you said 1 v 1 isn't about skill.

Would you like to try again at pointing out in that statement where I said a duel is not about skill?

Edit: Ah, I see the confusion. I was referring to you not being more skillful than a brawl opponent that plays it as a 2v2.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:47 AM
Would you like to try again at pointing out in that statement where I said a duel is not about skill?

Edit: Ah, I see the confusion. I was referring to you not being more skillful than a brawl opponent that plays it as a 2v2.

Ah. Hey, man. Sorry for being a snot but I think we were both snots today. I think its only fair we call it even and stop arguing xD

I say Snots because thats what my mother calls me whenever im being sarcastic and **** xD

ThePelicanLord
02-13-2017, 12:48 AM
Ah. Hey, man. Sorry for being a snot but I think we were both snots today. I think its only fair we call it even and stop arguing xD

I say Snots because thats what my mother calls me whenever im being sarcastic and **** xD

At the end of the day, I can respect you for enjoying and supporting For Honor.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:50 AM
At the end of the day, I can respect you for enjoying and supporting For Honor.

Agreed. I can respect you for the same thing. We just play differently. :)

Kaeldian
02-13-2017, 12:52 AM
This again. Are their seriously this many people in online gaming who haven't accepted the fact you can't expect others to live by your own unwritten rules of combat?

Only rules people are bound to honor are the rules that the devs hard-code in. You game by those rules and those rules alone. Complaining about anything outside of that just makes you a whiny scrub.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:56 AM
This again. Are their seriously this many people in online gaming who haven't accepted the fact you can't expect others to live by your own unwritten rules of combat?

Only rules people are bound to honor are the rules that the devs hard-code in. You game by those rules and those rules alone. Complaining about anything outside of that just makes you a whiny scrub.

honestly, I think the OP is complainign about 4 v 4 elim.

I dont think he has played 2 v 2 at all where most of the time, people are respectful of the 1 v 1.

I dont care for the 4 v 4 elim because I do enjoy the 1 v 1 and 2 v 2.

forrest0755
02-13-2017, 12:57 AM
"You don't fight with honor"

"No, but he did"

The name Brawl, doesn't really imply that it's a game mode for fighting with honor. When I think of brawl. I think of bar fights. If you want to play by your own specific set of rules, then find a group of other people who want to play by those specific rules. Dont be upset because other people in random matches want to play outside the specific rules you made up for the game.

Afius
02-13-2017, 12:58 AM
Thats correct. HOWEVER, as most people in the beta are, 2 v 2 is still very close to duels. You will rarely find people who gank others unles they get ganked first. Since im not the ganking type, I dont usuall get ganked. its honorable duels 98% of the time for my experiences and thats the way I like it.

Plus in 2 v 2 Brawl, if you gank, you may find out your teammate doesn't share your view points and leaves you out to dry when you fight a superior opponent.

I will let a duel play out if I have executed my enemy first. I agree that usually brawl tends to be an honorable fight, but do I expect it to be no, do I blame the enemy for ganging up on me and getting the win no. Is it frustrating yes. But if your teammate is clearly outmatched you aren't being a good teammate by letting them die. Your telling them what they already know that they need to git gud. complains about dominion and death match ganging up is rediculous I find that the majority of the time people complaining about getting ganged up on are the Yolo people that just trickle in and rack up deaths and get salty.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 12:59 AM
I will let a duel play out if I have executed my enemy first. I agree that usually brawl tends to be an honorable fight, but do I expect it to be no, do I blame the enemy for ganging up on me and getting the win no. Is it frustrating yes. But if your teammate is clearly outmatched you aren't being a good teammate by letting them die. Your telling them what they already know that they need to git gud. complains about dominion and death match ganging up is rediculous I find that the majority of the time people complaining about getting ganged up on are the Yolo people that just trickle in and rack up deaths and get salty.

Honestly, I hate 4 v 4 elim for the sole reason, its a cluster****. Thats truly how I see 4 v 4 elim. A cluster**** xD

I dont expect people in brawls to be honorable, however, when people do show their colors by doing so, its time to get even. Thats how I feel about it. But I dont really have that issue. 2 v 2's for the most part have been very honorable.

Butonfly
02-13-2017, 01:03 AM

All you have said here is that you lack the skill to beat a Noboshi player who only had to use his light attacks to defeat you. Could he have done more? Maybe, who knows. But why should he if you can't even get past his use of basic lights. He hits you with a light and repositions over and over. You respond by dying and calling it cheese XD

Who exactly is the skillless player in this scenario? If you're ever confused, the game gives you a breakdown at the end of the match, and tells you in no uncertain terms who won and who lost.

forrest0755
02-13-2017, 01:05 AM
Getting ganged up on is a part of the game. Its why it is wise to travel in at least groups of 2 if possible in Dominion mode. If you are ganged up on, retreating, and or stalling until help arrives is always an option. If you try to go all lone Ranger, you are probably going to lose. Stick close together, and if you have to go solo, call for help if it is needed. I dont play Brawl or Duel often, because I prefer the 4v4 dynamic, making it a more dynamic fight. If I am losing a fight, I will retreat. There is no honor in dying. Retreat, regroup, replan.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 01:07 AM
All you have said here is that you lack the skill to beat a Noboshi player who only had to use his light attacks to defeat you. Could he have done more? Maybe, who knows. But why should he if you can't even get past his use of basic lights. He hits you with a light and repositions over and over. You respond by dying and calling it cheese XD

Who exactly is the skillless player in this scenario? If you're ever confused, the game gives you a breakdown at the end of the match, and tells you in no uncertain terms who won and who lost.

I find most people lack the ability to defeat the nooboshi. However, I also think it comes down to class kits. Certain classes do stronger against him.

For one, I find Kensei to be a humongous enemy of the nooboshi with taht sideways slash.

Warden has trouble with them because he can't do much.

Raider same thing.

Conq same thing.

Orochi is fine cause he can side slash and do the backstep storm rush.

But thats just class kits vs other class kits.

Certain classes are stronger against others. Im actually curious to what the guy plays as a class. Would show alot of how he had trouble.

forrest0755
02-13-2017, 01:08 AM
It is annoying when certain classes spam quick attacks. But it doesnt make it impossible to fight them. I find its best when fighting, say, a Nobushi, to back up, and try to get around them. They are very soft, and only take a couple hits to kill. You have to play smart against opponets that are quicker.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 01:08 AM
Getting ganged up on is a part of the game. Its why it is wise to travel in at least groups of 2 if possible in Dominion mode. If you are ganged up on, retreating, and or stalling until help arrives is always an option. If you try to go all lone Ranger, you are probably going to lose. Stick close together, and if you have to go solo, call for help if it is needed. I dont play Brawl or Duel often, because I prefer the 4v4 dynamic, making it a more dynamic fight. If I am losing a fight, I will retreat. There is no honor in dying. Retreat, regroup, replan.

Fair enough. I prefer 2 v 2... I dont even like 1 v 1((Mainly because of closed beta. Dude, I fought 6 different people in a row playing the Nooboshi... Thats not a fun match up for who I played in closed beta lol. I played the conq btw)).

4 v 4 dominion is fun. Dont like the elim though.

Arkhos1988
02-13-2017, 01:09 AM
Getting ganged up on is a part of the game. Its why it is wise to travel in at least groups of 2 i Stick close together, and if you have to go solo, call for help if it is needed. There is no honor in dying. Retreat, regroup, replan.
Honestly that sounds like touristadvice for a third world country or something:rolleyes:

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 01:12 AM
It is annoying when certain classes spam quick attacks. But it doesnt make it impossible to fight them. I find its best when fighting, say, a Nobushi, to back up, and try to get around them. They are very soft, and only take a couple hits to kill. You have to play smart against opponets that are quicker.

I find certain classes to be stronger versus certain classes imo.

Kensei and Orochi are perfect for anti Nooboshi. The side step attacks!

Honestly that sounds like touristadvice for a third world country or something:rolleyes:

Ahahah! I remember those! Like it showed what kind of scams were run in that country!

Afius
02-13-2017, 01:18 AM
Honestly, I hate 4 v 4 elim for the sole reason, its a cluster****. Thats truly how I see 4 v 4 elim. A cluster**** xD

I dont expect people in brawls to be honorable, however, when people do show their colors by doing so, its time to get even. Thats how I feel about it. But I dont really have that issue. 2 v 2's for the most part have been very honorable.

I'm not a fan of elimination either it removes the player skill that is represented in brawl and becomes a rush for power ups which I have found to be exploited and become toxic af.

forrest0755
02-13-2017, 01:18 AM
I usually play as Raider, so Nobushis have been my sworn enemy. But as the Open Beta came to a close, I was starting to figure out how to take them on even with the Slower classes. I think its okay that some classes are stronger against others, as long as they remain balanced. Nobushis may be quick, but it 0only takes a couple hits to take them down. One thing I do think they need to add is a better way to counter people who are fleeing. If a Peace Keeper or a Nobushi decided to flee, it is incredibly hard to stop them. Maybe they can find a way to make it so people cant just run forever. Not getting rid of fleeing mechanic entirley.

Sauronbaine
02-13-2017, 01:23 AM
I usually play as Raider, so Nobushis have been my sworn enemy. But as the Open Beta came to a close, I was starting to figure out how to take them on even with the Slower classes. I think its okay that some classes are stronger against others, as long as they remain balanced. Nobushis may be quick, but it 0only takes a couple hits to take them down. One thing I do think they need to add is a better way to counter people who are fleeing. If a Peace Keeper or a Nobushi decided to flee, it is incredibly hard to stop them. Maybe they can find a way to make it so people cant just run forever. Not getting rid of fleeing mechanic entirley.

I've found that after playinga gainst them for so long that its a bit easier, but they are still alot much harder to fight against then to play as. Thats for sure. I think thts why most people gravitate to them

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 01:35 AM
Its not about movies, its about the code. If a lot of people didnt followed the code in some period of the old times, or used it as they pleased to do ****ty things, this is a reality. But the code is the code, and a game, is not reality.

Vikings didnt have horns in their helmet too, but here we are again.

I recommend you this video about knights and chivalry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LygKNa-xDW4

Mathonn
02-13-2017, 05:48 AM
Right..except this isn't sport. By your logic the same team members that just ganked 1 guy in 4v1 should go for the objectives except they don't, in these 3 days of Beta a good part of what i saw was people ganking without end and the other people running around, ironic as just ganking all the time does not garantee you a win, the salt was exquisite.

Competitive multiplayer gaming is structured with enough similarities to sports that it makes it easier to simply discuss them in those terms. You're right, they should go to capture a point, unless they've reached the kill or be killed stage of the game, but again some players are simply bloodthirsty fools. The majority of players care more about personal "achievement" over focusing on the game at hand, and it's certainly an issue that is not reserved for those following a particular code, or not following a code, it afflicts all sorts.

Wrong. I dont have a problem with losing if i got outplayed or the team didn't work well together, losing a game however because some people read/heard how to use some questionable methods that made their lifes easier is a tad irritating.

Like i said, code or no code the playerbase should uphold a certain standard

I didn't intend to imply you specifically. I also don't believe grouping up in the team modes falls into the category of questionable methods. In 2v2 some of the best engagements I've been a part of were in the narrow spawn when you and your team spawned right on each other. All four players in a confined spaced bouncing back and forth between targets, spectacular battles, but according to some it's "dishonorable". Same in 4v4s, moments of spectacular battle because players aren't treating things like duels that are not duels. It's one step toward the potential of this game, but will be hindered by all the harassment that has been flying over "honor". They chose three "historical" factions that all had codes they lived by, but all were different because of what the culture valued. We all value different things so an expectation of a universal code of "honor" is pointless. As I continue to say, if both parties (that is both individuals in 1v1, pairs in 2v2, and teams in 4v4) wish to play by additional rules there's nothing wrong with it.

Someone has to explain to me why a game played with the hands is called football...

Because it, like all the other sports that hold the name derived from the same beginning. Football as most of the world knows it was Association Football, and had been dubbed "soccer" in Oxford during the late 1800s, "Soc" coming from Association, as the players were called "Soccers" much like rugby football players of the time were being called "Ruggers", When the rules of American Football came into existence it was still popularly known as Soccer and so American Football was shortened to Football in the States.

I still find that the main issue resides in the way combat was implemented in the game and how Ubisoft gives players the ideia that this game revolves around individual combat once 2 warriors face one another.

I don't think this is on Ubisoft, even the trailers show three warriors facing off (there's a mode we need), and the mechanics all support multiple adversaries. I think the issue is that people misinterpret the title "For Honor", as it is the most popular defense for why everybody should play by some "unwritten code of honor" to avoid losing to teams, "stealth" classes" and environmental hazards.

Again i dont defend rigid adeherence to some Code but some principles and standards...which i know not everyone has or values the same thing. For me its just as wrong to state that victory should be won by all means as it is to try and impose some rule on the other team and shame them afterwards for not keeping with it because there is not mutual agreement.

I think the "Victory at any cost" is a response to the "die with honor" crowd for the most part, although there will always be gamers that want to win just like there will always be players who want to ignore the team or game mode to pursue their own interests. Greed and selfishness.