PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem with Combat

KokuRou142
02-11-2017, 06:14 AM
Yes, I'll be saying this from a Nobushi's PoV. Too all you people asking for nerfs to Nobushi, here's a few things that I find wrong with it along with other issues I've found with this whole new combat system.

1. Our attacks are the SLOWEST in the entire game. Every other class light attacks are faster than our light attacks. Our Light Attacks are in fact slower than every other class HEAVY attacks.

2. Going to parry a Heavy attack, about...70% of the time yeah, it works. The other 30%, why the hell am I winding up for a heavy?

3. Going for a Guard Break. 90% of the time I guardbreak, it takes so long due to button delay. In fact, EVERYTHING takes too long due to button delay, along with slower combat anyway. Closed Beta had it right. And yes, this is on PS4. Closed Beta on XB1 was almost immediate between button presses.

4. Friendly Fire during Executions. This is the most annoying ******** I have to put up with. I get it, you wanna interrupt your teammate from getting their head sliced off, yeah, do that. But don't interrupt your teammate from executing their enemy. If you see someone about to land a killing blow, CANCEL YOUR HEAVY ATTACK. Everyone can.

5. Using your Feats Under Pressure. This is a bigger problem especially with Nobushi's hail of arrows feats. Yes, there's two of them. 90% of the time they don't pop outside of combat. And a lot of times, my hail of arrows will hit or even kill a teammate because, oh, they decide to rush in without taking a look at the red circle on the ground. I never see anyone else using Feats in Dominion. Ever. If they do, then they're experienced and know wtf they're doing. However, even after your Feat animation, if you're hit say during Arrow Storm a fraction of a second before that giant red circle appears, it won't go off. I find this a little ridiculous. As soon as you press the button associated with any Feat, it should go off immediately. Except longbow, crossbow, any ranged attack that focuses on one single enemy. Those are timed and I like that those are interruptable.

6. Team Breaking and Last One Alive - Okay this one I understand, you don't wanna look bad you don't wanna be seen as a super scrub. But please, for the love of all that's great, don't run around trying to run the clock down. I made a post about this too. If you're outnumbered in sudden death with 2v1, 3v1 or 4v1, 2v1 I get you can turn the tides. 3v1 and 4v1 you absolutely have no chance whatsoever. Die with honor, go out swinging, I don't care what you do, but don't waste the last 4 or 5 minutes of a match running away from 2-4 people if you're the last one alive. That's a ton of time to cover and people have things to do.

7. No Stamina? Okay this one I wanna point out a million things. No stamina, you can still counter guardbreaks, you can still parry, you can still sidestep everything. You just guardbreak and attack slower, can't roll or sprint. Well, Nobushi can sprint without stamina because of Iron Lungs feat. Passive, nice thing that, anyway. If you're grey, you should not be able to sidestep anything, you should be able to do the bare minimum defensively - BLOCK. No parry riposte, no wicked sidesteps and unable to counter guardbreaks. This gets me mad so much because if anyone in the real word was winded, and this did happen, watch Game of Thrones, if you're winded you're doing the bare minumum - BARELY ABLE TO BLOCK ANYTHING.

8. Rolling. This one is just stupid how it works. When you're sprinting and you roll, it take you out of sprint and you're vulnerable for a solid second after rolling, which allows the person chasing you or fighting you to get a free heavy or two off. Rolling while in combat is so dumb. Closed beta was a solid double tap to roll. No backdash, no sidestep, just a solid roll. I don't know who complained about it, but someone did and they changed that. I shouldn't have to mash the X button (A for XB1) to do a dash and THEN roll a 2 seconds later. Instead what I have to do, is break the lock (let go of R2, RT for XB1), then roll away, and guard again hopefully locking on my target again.

9. Sidestepping and Dodging. I'm not sure whether its Nobushi that's just slow on her feet, but I noticed a giant change from the Closed Beta til now. Sidestepping and Dodging is VERY slow. Add that with button delay, and it's almost non-responsive 90% of the time.

10. NO FEAT SHOULD BE ABLE TO KILL ANYBODY FROM FULL HEALTH. NOT FROM 100%. NONE WHATSOEVER. Nobushi's longbow ability deals Moderate damage, and depending on the amount of HP a target has, they're either almost dead, or they die completely due to missing health. But too many times have I gotten blown up randomly from something with no explanation. And from full health, I died. Completely died, no revive available.

PendragonArtura
02-11-2017, 07:43 AM
. In fact, EVERYTHING takes too long due to button delay, along with slower combat anyway. Closed Beta had it right. And yes, this is on PS4. Closed Beta on XB1 was almost immediate between button presses.

This.... This ****ing... THIS THIS THIS... Omg

I miss more than half my parry only cause my reflex are too good. I alway parry, counter break too fast, so it doesn't count...

WHY THE HELL ! Is this game for ******er ppl ? I mean, As a darksoul player I alway push very fast on the button, here when I do it I die. The only way to counter something is to take many time to do it. Lmao

Biocoast
02-11-2017, 08:26 AM
This.... This ****ing... THIS THIS THIS... Omg

I miss more than half my parry only cause my reflex are too good. I alway parry, counter break too fast, so it doesn't count...

WHY THE HELL ! Is this game for ******er ppl ? I mean, As a darksoul player I alway push very fast on the button, here when I do it I die. The only way to counter something is to take many time to do it. Lmao

Did you ever consider that it is not you, but the system is set up that you have to time your parry... Wait for the parry till teh red arrow blinks a second time, then you will parry, if you try to do something before it will just not work. It is there because otherwise parrying, defelcting and otehr mechanics would be to easy, only blocking works that way and it can be countered by unblockable attacks.

As to main thread:

1. Nobushi has massive range... most people need to get close to even be possible to try an attack, but often just a get a spear to the face.

2. as described above.

3. No clue what to say there, my gaurd breaks hit the spot... maybe they aren't as timed as you might think they are, maybe it's connection issues.

4-6 & 8 & 9 all seem like these are more player related issues, maybe thru connection or otherwise just not knowing what to do.

7. I don't agree with you on this topic, without these fights would become stale very fast, running out of stamina has already enough disadvantages

10. Never experienced that myself, but if that is true, then you are right IMO that should not be possible.

Karma_Ghost
02-11-2017, 08:59 AM
1. Our attacks are the SLOWEST in the entire game. Every other class light attacks are faster than our light attacks. Our Light Attacks are in fact slower than every other class HEAVY attacks.

#Alternative Facts

KokuRou142
02-11-2017, 09:01 AM
As to main thread:

1. Nobushi has massive range... most people need to get close to even be possible to try an attack, but often just a get a spear to the face.

2. as described above.

3. No clue what to say there, my gaurd breaks hit the spot... maybe they aren't as timed as you might think they are, maybe it's connection issues.

4-6 & 8 & 9 all seem like these are more player related issues, maybe thru connection or otherwise just not knowing what to do.

7. I don't agree with you on this topic, without these fights would become stale very fast, running out of stamina has already enough disadvantages

10. Never experienced that myself, but if that is true, then you are right IMO that should not be possible.

#7 is really a stamina thing. If someone wants to completely exhaust themselves trying to kill me, that person should not be able to counter anything unless they trigger Revenge. I'm thinking like actual fighting. Take boxing. You don't put all your energy into the first 20 seconds throwing wild punches and swinging as hard as you can. You get tired, you get winded, and you become sluggish and can barely defend yourself. Sure, the inability to roll and sprint is nice, but you're still able to pull off a counter to guardbreaks, sidestep everything at the same speed (should be exponentially slower, like regular run speed when exhausted), do a full parry (which is a bit ridiculous imo), and hitting much slower is a very nice touch. I never noticed that until earlier today.

Zaalogg
02-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Not to mention this stupid camera facing is not following your locked target in 360. If a oponent runs/jumps past you and is behind you you cant freakin turn around, have to release guard lock to make it possible and meanwhile got backstabbed to death already....