PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Are You Satisfied With the Current State of the Beta?

DeaIman
02-11-2017, 04:20 AM
I'm curious to see how many of you reading these forums are satisfied with the current state of the game. While it is still in beta, it is releasing in a few days - so unless they have a fairly major update to release before then - we got a pretty good idea about what and how the game will be on release.

Whether you vote yay or nay, you're free to express the reasoning for your vote. But I do ask you to be civilized, as much as we may dislike the game itself or Ubisoft for various reasons - post that in some other thread.

I'm hoping this will gather some constructive feedback that they may be able to make something from.

That said I will go first!

Am I Satisfied Thus Far? No.

The biggest culprit for me saying no is because of the multiplayer as a whole. The gameplay itself is solid and I'm curious as to what the campaign may have to offer. So why am I not satisfied with the multiplayer?

P2P Network - whether traditional or a new method of doing P2P networking - it's still bad and dated. It's been known for years now that P2P networking is fading away and that majority of gamers dislike it because of it's unreliable behavior and the way it interrupts gameplay.

Recovering network sessions - this happens extremely frequently in Dominion and most of the time it just gets stuck on trying to recover the game state. This is incredibly frustrating when you're in a fight just to have it interrupted and no idea when it's going to resume - if at all.

Loading times - due to the nature of P2P we have to wait for the person with the slowest computer to catch up. No matter how good our computer may be, we may very well sit there looking at that dull loading screen for 1+ minutes. This is awful. After a while, it actually becomes more entertaining watching paint dry.

Some other reasons why I'm not satisfied with the game in its current state;

The war asset part I personally find to be of 0 interest, yet I have to watch it for 30 seconds every time I start the game and can't skip it. Why can't we skip it?

Revenge meter is bugged - there have been quite a few cases where I've been fighting 1vs2 or 1vs3 and it will not fill a single percent. This makes outnumbered fights feel very inconsistent and as such - not fun.

Custom matches yield NO experience at all - while I can understand this to some extent, I think we should at least get some XP, even if just 15-25% of the usual amount. Alternatively let us play 2vs2 with a group of 3 - I don't mind fighting one of my friends.

Knock-offs - these are very annoying when you're having a good fight and then you're suddenly thrown off the map. Yes we should be aware of our surroundings, but this feature in my opinion feels like a cheap mechanic. There is absolutely no counter whatsoever against it and some characters have a really, really long throw range. I don't know how this could be solvable but keep the mechanic - I'd like it to stay, but at least give us some way to prevent it from happening.

Bleed Mechanic - this I think has no purpose to be in the game, yes we have Peacekeeper and Nobushi whom are more of an assassin kind of character - but do we really need a bleed mechanic just because of that? I really so no reason why their damage couldn't just be converted to direct damage. I think this is a huge part of why people hate these characters - because it feels as if there is no counter against it(while the actual counter is to parry or dodge the attack, but even knowing that - it's a frustrating and poor mechanic).

Those are the reasons that come to mind as of now, but I can probably think of a few more. The gameplay itself for the most part I'm pleased with, so good job on that!

Godsplitter1991
02-11-2017, 04:39 AM
I'm satisfied. Getting it Tuesday

Zerxis001
02-11-2017, 04:46 AM
Not canceling my preorder.

ThePollie
02-11-2017, 04:47 AM
God no. If it's any idea what the real game will be like, hell no.

Constant de-syncing, massive input lag for seemingly no reason. I get 12 FPS in the menu, but 60 FPS in game, but still get kicked constantly because of "too little frame rate". Half an hour to find a match, just so I can get pitted against 3 prestieged in a pre-made while my team isn't even above level 5.

I haven't finished a match all day, I just get kicked either at the start or part-way through, assuming I can get the game to let me into one at all.

Tillo.
02-11-2017, 05:03 AM
Game is awesome, connectivity sucks.
Can't believe by year 2017 an online game gets paused all the time.

V1ZI0N
02-11-2017, 05:07 AM
Love the gameplay but the matchmaking is very bad. Taking forever to find games and keep getting matchmaking failed/ error messages.

Hopefully they can work on this ASAP and get it up to par for release.

YutoJW
02-11-2017, 05:17 AM
If I'm satisfied so far: No

I was more satisfied with the close beta.
Except few things I love the game and the mechanics, so my "No" it's because of the network system.
Ubisoft said once that they tested and made their p2p solid and effective, but still with this beta (ok it's STILL a beta), it's seems this network system have some huge problems.
The game will be released in few days so I think we have 2 scenarios:
1) they didn't expect this kind of problems with the p2p.
2) they have the answer and the full game it will be fine (like the close beta).
Personally I really hope for the second options.

About the game itself I'm kinda satisfied at the moment:
Yes the tutorial it's not that deep, but we still have to play the campaign (And usually it's a pretty good tutorial itself)
Yes, it seems some classes are OP or really hard to manage, but 3 classes are still missing, so we can't say how it's gonna be.
I love the mechanics and the fight system.
The throw system could be very frustrating, but I really love the idea that I should be aware of the surroundings and try to get the best position in a fight, it's seems very realistic.

I'm not particularly happy about the customization, I mean I don't like the color choice system, (why I can't choose my own combination??) it's pretty limited (until now I found the same armor and weapon). The stats of the armor and weapons doesn't seems that effective in game.
But it's the beta so this is just a very tiny and insignificant details.

War assets, I love the idea of this feature I really do, but...
1) When I put assets, I don't have the feeling of doing something useful for my faction.
2) We have to wait 2 hours for the update of the maps, but still I can put 100 or 10k assets and I don't know how much I've contributed in the %, (and so that's why of point 1)
3) example:
I play a dominion match and I get 500 assets, but my faction doesn't have any territory there, so these assets are lost? Or remain like "in storage" for the next use? Because I can't put in another part of the map.
I try to find some information about it, but are very few and confusing.

Anyway this is why I'm not that (or totally) satisfied, specially because I pre order the game, and I hope it's not gonna be a waste of money after almost 2 years of waiting

Vakris_One
02-11-2017, 05:24 AM
I'm moderately satisfied. I've been in better previous betas where there weren't so many connection issues causing game freeze but this beta has hands down the fastest matchmaking I've experienced so far. I've barely had to wait a minute before getting into matches.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-11-2017, 05:24 AM
Too many nuances for this to be a "Yes" and "No" question.

Frankly the systems and mechanics are fine, it's mostly a stability issue. I group with friends and it always drops us a few times, UI errors, etc.

UbiJurassic
02-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Thanks for providing the great, constructive feedback! We're constantly looking for ways to improve and create an experience everyone can enjoy. We'll forward this along to the team.

I play a dominion match and I get 500 assets, but my faction doesn't have any territory there, so these assets are lost? Or remain like "in storage" for the next use? Because I can't put in another part of the map.

War assets actually can be applied to a different part of the map. While in the screen to apply War Assets, you should see a prompt near the bottom of the screen that tells you that you can zoom out. After doing so, you can choose the area in which you want to apply the assets.

Tillo.
02-11-2017, 05:29 AM
Any word on what really matters like all the connectivity problems we are having?
War Assets had been explained in twitch anyone can access to that info.

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 10:24 AM
The game itself has gotten better, and some duels made me feel stuff pretty nicely, this game has a huge potential, it can be added more stuff to make it almost perfect, but...

All about his online is bad and doesnt work has intentend.
I made a post as a feedback for that. p2p Doesnt work, a few teleports, a lot of desync, matchmakin failures, group doesnt work well, it's an epic fight to try to play with friends right now. why does matchmaking force you to wait looking at the screen without being able to do something btw? Let people look at stats, options, customsing their heroes while the game search for a match...

I really want to buy the game, but right now, I can't. It needs to be polished, and get ride of that p2p, all betas show me that it doesnt work. I feel sorry for the guys that created the game, because, even if its not that genuine like other games like Mount and blade, it is well made and can have a very good competitive, the game, if it work has intended, is also very fun to watch.

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-11-2017, 10:33 AM
1 combo spammers, laggers, disconnects. Game will be failed. I am close to refund pre order.

YashamaruX
02-11-2017, 11:38 AM
Love the game, but there is no use making a multiplayer game that can only be played as single player game. I really can't understand why the connectivity is so bad, its crazy.

Biocoast
02-11-2017, 12:12 PM
I think you have some valid points on the Network issues, even though personally they never felt game breaking or as serious as often described, but on the other topics I have to disagree with you almost completely.

-War asset part is in general a good idea, but it feels like it wasn't implemented right and still needs some serious love.

- Revenge meter seemed bugged for me as well, especially if you play an assassin, because those classes don't have a constant block and have to manually block to get revenge. I might be wrong here but that was my impression at first and by now I see how to get it up and running.

- Custom matches might as well give a little exp, but should be slim if at all. There are practically bot games in Multiplayer, if you want to play vs friends, I think it's rather fine that you don't get any exp since that could otherwise be abused.

- Knock-offs are fantastic and add greater depth to this game and you can easily counter them with dodges and counter-guard block. Live it, love it, embrace it.

- Bleed Mechanics: I guess you could make these just straight up direct dmg, but honestly don’t think it's needed and they are practically fine as they are, take them away and people will just find another reason to complain. Bleed isn't that mean, it can be even countered thru heal-boosts on bigger maps. I understand it can be frustrating to see yourself dyeing thru bleed, but at least you can be revived.
If you convert that dmg into direct dmg you might just die and get executed far more often, and if they manage to land that bleed they will just as likely kill you with direct damage.

LossofHope
02-11-2017, 12:19 PM
God no. If it's any idea what the real game will be like, hell no.

Constant de-syncing, massive input lag for seemingly no reason. I get 12 FPS in the menu, but 60 FPS in game, but still get kicked constantly because of "too little frame rate". Half an hour to find a match, just so I can get pitted against 3 prestieged in a pre-made while my team isn't even above level 5.

I haven't finished a match all day, I just get kicked either at the start or part-way through, assuming I can get the game to let me into one at all.

Dude, 3 days from launch. This isn't a beta. It's an attempt at drumming up hype, and to anyone with a functioning brain, it's failing.

The discs are already shipped, the game is already What you will get, which is input lag garbage and unbalanced letdowns. Cancelled? Never pre ordered in the first place.

BerserkerViRuS
02-11-2017, 12:42 PM
I think the interface needs a little rework, its not user friendly or intuitive. when we enter a game mode the convoluted interface makes it hard to find the exit button for instance. if they redid the interface it could use a clear link or button for exit or menu so you can exit out of that game mode to main menu. Right now the interface needs to be simplified and consolidated better. Its really disorganized. This game has many cool features and details that its pity they are all buried deep in an interface that needs them to shine clearly for the user to see.

Another thing emotes and chat feature need to be better. I know its the beta but there is no mic working and emotes and power abilities are buried into the game and hidden it hard to use them let alone use them ingame. they could use the push click circle dial menu system implemented in Overwatch for example for emotes and abilities lists in-game. right now the features are scattered all over the screen and most pll don't know where the chat options are. i really want to talk to my friend and tell him which locations are available on the map to assault ,capture and whatnot.

U play client could look more like blizzards battle net menu system which even has a friends list that tells what the player is playing ATM and what mode he is playing in that game. it will even tell you when the match is ending and he/she is idle ingame as well. this gives the player time to add someone or wait for them to get out of one play mode to another.

thank you , I hope these help For Honor improve...

Toast_Addict
02-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Closed Beta was amazing and left me excited for release.

Open Beta im done with already. Matchmaking and network connectivity is absolute garbage. if this reflects the game that have already been fishished and shipped then count me out.

Salty_Tincan
02-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Closed Beta was amazing and left me excited for release.

Open Beta im done with already. Matchmaking and network connectivity is absolute garbage. if this reflects the game that have already been fishished and shipped then count me out.

I did not try the CBT, but I have thrown a solid 25hrs into the OBT so far.
I must say I was SUPER excited for the game when I first heard about it like two years ago. I love knights/samurai/vikings and I would LOVE to play this game and even pay money to get it if it lived up to my expectations.

To answer the OP. I have tried the game, and NOPE. As the OBT is right now, it's a mediocre F2P game's worth, with a bit polished graphics and realistic characters. But that's where the good end.
The character customization is SEVERELY lacking, for a product that close to release. The amount of heroes isn't that huge either, but that wouldn't be bad if it werent for most people picking Peacekeeper, Nobushi, Orochi and Warlord.
The light attack spam is real.

The game has so much potential, even the combat is a bit polished, I must admit. At first, as a network engineer, I was impressed by the amazing work of the developers to give a solid experience on the combat and how well a fast action combat was delivered with little problem --but then I kept playing and it turned upside down.
No dedicated servers.
Crashes every now and then.
Alt tab glichy (arrow pointer).
Input lag. (Press something - happens 1-2sec later)
It feels like you spend more time in matchmaking menu/finding maches than actually playing them.
Big downtime. You can spend 5minutes finding/loading/whatever for 10-15seconds of actual fight.

If any dev is reading this. Know that making this Open Beta Test was A HUGE MISTAKE. You possibly lost a huge amount of potential customers, myself included.
Best of luck in the future everyone.

PS. There are better f2p games out there. It's 2017. Charging 60 euros for a game that's worth probably around the 20-30 euro pricetag also.. Pathetic.
But I'm pretty sure it'll do well in the end. Too many weebs out there.

Gray360UK
02-11-2017, 02:17 PM
War assets actually can be applied to a different part of the map. While in the screen to apply War Assets, you should see a prompt near the bottom of the screen that tells you that you can zoom out. After doing so, you can choose the area in which you want to apply the assets.

What he said.
Why it was made this clunky, and something you have to do in the timed space between matches I don't know.
It's literally a race against time to find an area you are even fighting in on the map, then decide where best to place your assets with seconds to think about it.
It should be something you can do from the home screen at your leisure outside of matches.

Gray360UK
02-11-2017, 02:27 PM
As for am I satisfied, not entirely.
The game is beautiful in design and some parts of the execution of it and the reality of it live up to that.
At it's finest you can have glorious moments where your skill and knowledge win you the fight and it all clicks into place.
At other times any one of a dozen problems completely ruin the experience for you.
I am sticking with it, not cancelling my pre-order and going to have faith in it.
Might be the wrong choice but in the end it's only a game and I need something to fill the space between now and Mass Effect Andromeda.
If For Honor grows into what it could .. then it will be a thing of beauty.
Will be interesting to see where it goes from here, and I'm happy to stick around for a while to find out.

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Dude, 3 days from launch. This isn't a beta. It's an attempt at drumming up hype, and to anyone with a functioning brain, it's failing.

The discs are already shipped, the game is already What you will get, which is input lag garbage and unbalanced letdowns. Cancelled? Never pre ordered in the first place.

You act like the network is physically on the disc! Lmao. The issue they have can be fixed overtime. Name me one game that came out bug free. Name me a game that didn't have any issues at launch. Oh wait you can't because they all do. Riot games. Blizzard. Activision. Ubisoft. Microsoft. Sony. Square enix.

Not one single game came out perfect. Y'all are all just spoiled kids. Do we expect a finished game? Yes. Is that realistic? No.

I will be buying the game because it has potential. Ubisoft has done better things post launch for rainbow six siege than they did pre launch and they want this game to be bigger. So they will do more.

I glad y'all are gonna play. Be nice and rusty when y'all do come back so y'all can be easy fodder.

MrStevo91
02-11-2017, 02:35 PM
I really like this game it's premise its gameplay mechanics and will check out the single player via youtube in the weeks to come, however I can't get over the poor connectivity, for a game that requries you to be online all the time I find that probably 60% of the games I play struggle from lag, or just end and cut out in the middle of a game this is a HUGE issue for immersion and I might not purchase the final product unless Ubisoft address this issue promptly, this feels like the most creative thing they've done since the first Assassins creed, Thumbs up! but the glaring technical issues are to much Thumbs Down :(

Orolinwe
02-11-2017, 02:46 PM
NAT type "Strict" + P2P = RUINING a GREAT GAME for ME.

tuffy1973
02-11-2017, 02:46 PM
much as I want to be, no. for the first few hours I was totally sold, game was great, I was starting to work out the more about intricate mechanics, felt a really good progression curve. like 5 hours in tho, the matchmaking bugged out and I havent been able to get through more than a minute or two of a match since before I get dropped. real bummer tbh, was loving the game

Vordred
02-11-2017, 02:52 PM
If I'm satisfied so far: No
War assets, I love the idea of this feature I really do, but...
1) When I put assets, I don't have the feeling of doing something useful for my faction.
2) We have to wait 2 hours for the update of the maps, but still I can put 100 or 10k assets and I don't know how much I've contributed in the %, (and so that's why of point 1)
3) example:
I try to find some information about it, but are very few and confusing.

Anyway this is why I'm not that (or totally) satisfied, specially because I pre order the game, and I hope it's not gonna be a waste of money after almost 2 years of waiting

the Assets are not wasted if you do use them, they are automatically evenly distributed cross all available zones. but even if you on an a area hat you dont control, just hit the back key (B on xbox) to zoom out and you can select the area you want. then put the assets where you want

BATTERIS
02-11-2017, 02:59 PM
completely satisfied. We should improve the net code, but the gameplay gives me the feeling that if I lose a duel it's my fault. Good game

shanbazall
02-11-2017, 03:11 PM
The gameplay itself is satisfying. But all the connection problems and different errors are driving me nuts. It is a shame because I have 4 friends who also enjoy playing it but aren't going to buy it because of the frustration that comes from these problems. As for myself it is a hard decision. Really want to believe that it will be fixed.

Nexuss94
02-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Games fine to me at least fix a few bugs here and there
dedicated servers with a test server so if you have any grand ideas in the balancing department you can change it ina test server instead of pushing it live and hoping for the best

maybe nerf the revive speed abit cause come on and probs half hp not full hp you just took a flail or w/e to the face and are right as rain again?
some 1v1 maps need changing or taking out alot of bottle necks :/

apart from that its allright for me

feuerundblut
02-11-2017, 03:22 PM
I am not pleased cause the multiplayer just doesn't work in its current state. I have bought the gold edition on steam so I am very concerned about this situation.

johnson608
02-11-2017, 03:28 PM
My biggest issue is the game drop. You'll be in a match and all of a sudden you're disconnected. I understand this can be fixed in time, however it is a huge issue right now. It was better during the closed beta, but with more people on the open beta it has caused me nothing but disruption during game play.

The other thing i've noticed, is that when I get disconnected from a team, I have to reboot the entire game before I can play with anyone again. It will refuse to let me into a party to play with my friends which is quite annoying when you're doing it every game or two. I would love to see this get fixed.

Other than that, the game is very polished. I'm not sure how I feel about the random power ups on the map and the bots constantly running away from you to get them, but It's still a fun game.

YashamaruX
02-11-2017, 03:41 PM
You act like the network is physically on the disc! Lmao. The issue they have can be fixed overtime. Name me one game that came out bug free. Name me a game that didn't have any issues at launch. Oh wait you can't because they all do. Riot games. Blizzard. Activision. Ubisoft. Microsoft. Sony. Square enix.

Not one single game came out perfect. Y'all are all just spoiled kids. Do we expect a finished game? Yes. Is that realistic? No.

I will be buying the game because it has potential. Ubisoft has done better things post launch for rainbow six siege than they did pre launch and they want this game to be bigger. So they will do more.

I glad y'all are gonna play. Be nice and rusty when y'all do come back so y'all can be easy fodder.

Not perfect is one thing: constant disconnects for an online battle arena type game is just ridiculous. This is the worst beta/game I have ever played in terms of network issues, and there is just 3 days till launch. These kinds of fundamental issues should be sorted well before beta. I would have more faith of a fix if they had their own servers, but solving this kind of issue with P2P is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Edropian.com
02-11-2017, 03:45 PM
One of the reasons on Why I am not.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1574385-Delayed-command-Inputs-on-PC-users

SethUnleashed
02-11-2017, 03:53 PM
overall yes. there are some things i'd like to see adressed though.

elimination and reviving needs a change... currently its not really fun

berserker vs heavy is the most boring thing i've ever played... you cant get into a chain because they basically block every 2nd attack without any problem and have zero drawback doing it.

some other class-balance stuff which im not gonna list here as i've made several detailed posts about that already.

Knights8ish0p
02-11-2017, 03:53 PM
My issues with this game are : blocking costs no stamina for the majority of the characters, sprinting costs no stamina and revenge mode is utter bs and an abusable mechanic in the game(do not care that it is an anti ganking mechanic because there should not be an anti ganking mechanic in this game).