PDA

View Full Version : Controls suck for PS4!

mitchies_316
02-11-2017, 04:18 AM
I'm trying to find the love for this game but the controls seem clunky and not responsive enough when it comes to blocking and attacking.

I've only been playing this game for a few hours and I cant even beat bots 1 on 1. I cant keep up with the attacks and when enemy changes direction even thougfh I am moving right analogue stick in that direction to block it seems that I am too late and get slaughtered...honestly not responsive enough. To me the blocking and direction of attacking should be instantaneous when moving right analogue stick....seems like it needs a speed tweek.

I'll give this game a few more days but not really enjoying it because of the controls

Godsplitter1991
02-11-2017, 04:29 AM
You basically just answered yourself. You just have to get used to the movements of the characters, the environment, and MUSCLE MEMORY. All of which can not be done in a few hours. This isn't some hack and slash diablo 3 my friend. This is something completely new, with a fairly steep learning curve to boot.

My advice? Learn

xLeapingLizardx
02-11-2017, 04:32 AM
I hate to say this but, are you sure it's not you instead of the controls?
I am not saying "git gud" or anything but most other people are okay with the current reaction times.

This game is difficult, it is not meant to be easy. You will have to practice, be patient, learn, and practice. In due time (Definitely more than a few hours) you will get better in every aspect of the game. You just need to stick to it, if you feel like you can't, then this game may not be for you.

mitchies_316
02-11-2017, 04:46 AM
You basically just answered yourself. You just have to get used to the movements of the characters, the environment, and MUSCLE MEMORY. All of which can not be done in a few hours. This isn't some hack and slash diablo 3 my friend. This is something completely new, with a fairly steep learning curve to boot.

My advice? Learn

I never played Diable mate...come from the likes of Warframe and Paragon. I'm not a spring chicken either, im in my 40's. We'll give it a few days and see how we go.

mitchies_316
02-11-2017, 04:49 AM
I hate to say this but, are you sure it's not you instead of the controls?
I am not saying "git gud" or anything but most other people are okay with the current reaction times.

This game is difficult, it is not meant to be easy. You will have to practice, be patient, learn, and practice. In due time (Definitely more than a few hours) you will get better in every aspect of the game. You just need to stick to it, if you feel like you can't, then this game may not be for you.

Possible mate...could very well be me and the controls and as you say probably not used to it. It just seems very clunky to me at the moment and non responsive...thats all.

TheDoctor-82
02-11-2017, 06:59 PM
The controls are responsive but the problem with them is that they have mapped 95% of the controls to the right hand and require you to activate the right stick and buttons at the same time. In that respect the controls are utterly stupid, but as far as working goes they do work. It leads to very sub-optimal performance though as movements are compromised and the two sticks are easily confused for one another.