PDA

View Full Version : Steam or Uplay

WolfEkoms
02-11-2017, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is any difference if I am installing the game from Steam or Uplay. I bought the game and not sure if there would be any difference if I choose one platform over the other when adding the game key.

Thanks.

D_cover
02-11-2017, 04:02 AM
You pay a little more on Steam but can launch the game from their. That's about it.

If you like to shop else where for a deal then you will have to work with Uplay some people hate that and prefer to be able to launch every game from Steam I can see why. Doesn't bother me personally.

But if you are fine with the game only being on Uplay then go for Uplay.

By the way can use points to get 20% off the game and is 5GBP cheaper on Uplay over Steam.

WolfEkoms
02-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Great, thanks for the reply. I actually already bought it with the 20% off, was not sure though if there is a difference of where I am putting the key in. Probably the greatest fear I had was having the community split over steam and uplay and not being able to play together.

Vakris_One
02-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Great, thanks for the reply. I actually already bought it with the 20% off, was not sure though if there is a difference of where I am putting the key in. Probably the greatest fear I had was having the community split over steam and uplay and not being able to play together.
No worries in that department. Steam and Uplay are just the launchers that let you play the game. Once you've logged into the game you are playing with everyone else who is also running the game. Think of Steam and Uplay as two different coloured doors you open to get inside the For Honor room. No matter which door you choose you will still be entering the same room :)

WolfEkoms
02-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Thanks, really appreciated.

MogarBobac
02-13-2017, 12:05 AM
Is this cross-platform as in Xbox vs PS4 vs Computer? so you can play with your friend that has an xbox but i have a PC?

bakaekze
02-13-2017, 12:20 AM
There is no cross-platform multiplayer on For Honor.

GoodOldSalty
02-13-2017, 02:51 AM
How do you use 5gbp for 20% discount ?

Skandornon
02-13-2017, 03:11 AM
well, the difference is that steam is good and uplay is **** \_(ツ)_/

Fun facts.
Steam will launch Uplay, and you will manage 4honor games from Uplay.
You can add any game you play to steam, however not all features will be supported.