PDA

View Full Version : Is For Honor worth it?

R4ISINGSuN
02-11-2017, 03:41 AM
Hey guys, do u think that the money for for honor is worth it?
Im thinking about to cancel my pre order because Im not sure if in the full game is "that" much new stuff than in the beta. I know that there will be a few new maps and the 3 new characters but will there be more ?
Whats about more cosmetics ? Cant find anything about this in the net
I have 3 different kinds of helmets/clothes and a few more weapom parts but is this all ?
Im not sure if that can keep me motivated over a long time and for this 69?
These are just my thoughts.
Let me know what u guys think 🤔👍🏻

Drekle
02-11-2017, 03:54 AM
I think that it is a good game at $30 in beta form assuming they fixed all the bugs.

D_cover
02-11-2017, 04:00 AM
The will be new maps, new modes and new heroes. Personally I can see this game getting a lot of support and new content in the future.

Hell I went gold and loving the game. But seen new cosmetic items in the trailer that aren't present in the beta. Sure they are being saved for the full release.

The were also maps in the seconds tech test and first that aren't in the final. So the will be new stuff in the final release.

bears5455
02-11-2017, 04:04 AM
I think it is, there isn't another game out there quite like it. Plus look at it this way... there are NO decent games coming out for the consoles until the fall. So... for the price of a dinner & a movie... yea this will provide a lot of entertainment for $60... and unfortunately... Wild lands looks like it might fall flat.

xLeapingLizardx
02-11-2017, 04:05 AM
ok, here we go again lol:
12 characters on release.
12 maps on release
Full single or co-op campaign
Faction war mini meta-game
5 game modes on release
innovative fighting system

For post game content information, look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Bg8TXtm6Q
For cosmetic information, look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW7-ZhkDpic

If all this doesn't warrant 60$ from you, then you have your answer.
Honestly the fighting mechanics should be what keeps bringing you back, if it doesn't, then again, you may have your answer.

D_cover
02-11-2017, 04:07 AM
I think it is, there isn't another game out there quite like it. Plus look at it this way... there are NO decent games coming out for the consoles until the fall. So... for the price of a dinner & a movie... yea this will provide a lot of entertainment for $60... and unfortunately... Wild lands looks like it might fall flat.

Personally think it is a good game in general and yeah I am waiting for a PC review ran like *** in the beta.

Godsplitter1991
02-11-2017, 04:11 AM
Haven't been into a game this much since MK X release. The balance is great compared to that game. I played low tier Kano so I ever got anywhere glorious. But yeah i have barely been able to put the controller down. This is well worth 60 dollars or more depending on what edition. And there are ALOT of customization options it seems. I just watched the YouTube video on it from Ubisoft

SerArthur-Dayne
02-11-2017, 04:13 AM
If youve ever played Dark Souls and liked the PvP there, or felt like it could be improved, then youll love this game.

RaidoKnight
02-11-2017, 04:16 AM
You asking in the official for honor forum if it is worth it to buy for honor? Ok...

Ephemiel
02-11-2017, 04:23 AM
At it's current price, is it worth it? No. The game's issues are too many right now [you know, less than a week before RELEASE] for it to justify shelling out $60.

If it was $40 and $60 was like a special edition, yes, it'd be worth it and it'd say buy it immediately, but right now no.

Vakris_One
02-11-2017, 04:24 AM
I'd buy the beta version as it is right now for around 20/25 to be honest. The fight mechanics alone are fantastic and everything in the game looks great visually.

If they fix up the connectivity issues and give us access to the 3 missing characters as well as all the executions from previous betas then I'd happily buy it for 30. 40 is far too steep for what is essentially going to be a couple of PvP modes and maps. The story may be good but truthfully this game is primarily an always online PvP mode.

This is just my opinion ofcourse and I don't mean it to bash the game, I love everything about For Honor! Except the horrible connectivity issues. That being said 40 is too steep a price for me considering that I bought an absolutely huge game like Elite Dangerous including a whole 2 years (got unexpectedly extended from 1 to 2 years) of Season pass content updates for 40. This is what I have to measure up games that want 40 from me, no matter how fun and refreshingly unique they may be - I am unfortunately not made of money.

Godsplitter1991
02-11-2017, 04:26 AM
All these people saying the game is too steep, we know what gramma is getting y'all for Valentines Day

Fa3r.
02-11-2017, 04:29 AM
All these people saying the game is too steep, we know what gramma is getting y'all for Valentines Day

Grow a brain.

Godsplitter1991
02-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Grow a brain.

Get a job ya bum? New releases have been sixty dollars since the dawn of 360/PS3 days. Why it seems so steep now for everyone is beyond me.

Fa3r.
02-11-2017, 04:39 AM
Get a job ya bum? New releases have been sixty dollars since the dawn of 360/PS3 days. Why it seems so steep now for everyone is beyond me.

Not only do you entirely miss the point, you make yourself sound even more stupid. Your lack of awareness and mental depth will have you working your *** off your entire life. You're the exact type of person that allows your money to be taken unquestioned. I wish you luck sir, you're gonna need it.

Godsplitter1991
02-11-2017, 04:42 AM
I see the point now

Bob__Gnarly
02-11-2017, 04:45 AM
Hard to say with all the connection issues and bugs.

I'm really glad I tried this beta, it reminded me why I hate Ubisoft products.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-11-2017, 04:47 AM
It's overpriced in its full 100$ version, but it's a good game. A hell of a learning curve, but thankfully there's a fully robust AI mode you can face against and still level up and contribute to the war effort in a reasonable amount of time.

Vakris_One
02-11-2017, 04:48 AM
Granny ran out of pocket change I'm afraid and the bank of mummy and daddy crashed during the banking crisis. I'm just plain outta luck, might have to melt down mah bling bling :p

Indeed.

*A wild fact appeared*

Oh look a fact.

*Vakris used reading power*

Says here that people used their brains back in dem days and waited for price drops via sales, bundles, platinum editions and the passage of time. Seems some people don't need to feed instant gratification and are happy to play old games until newer ones become cheaper. Shocking, I know...

https://media.giphy.com/media/PFwKHjOcIoVUc/giphy.gif

;)

R4ISINGSuN
02-11-2017, 04:58 AM
Thanks for ur replies guys 👍🏻
Abs many thanks for the two links
They seen to be invisible when u search the german google, lol

durko10
02-18-2017, 11:21 PM
Im thinking about to cancel my pre order because Im not sure if in the full game is "that" much new stuff than in the beta. I know that there will be a few new maps and the 3 new characters but will there be more ?
I have 3 different kinds of helmets/clothes and a few more weapom parts but is this all ?
Im not sure if that can keep me motivated over a long time and for this 69€?
Let me know what u guys think ������

I think it is worth it at the moment.
its on sale here i just picked on up myself [Removed]

GewaltSam
02-18-2017, 11:24 PM
"Is it worth the money?"
Depends if you like Fighting games (that's a pretty good one and not so hard to pick up. Find a coach). And I suggest you plan on playing with a controller.

My opinion? God yes it is. I really hope it doesn't screw up my RL.

PssrDavis
02-18-2017, 11:24 PM

...Horizon
Nier
Persona 5
Mass Effect
Injustice
Tekken

Switch
Zelda

I don't even like all those games, but to say that there are none is pretty inaccurate lol.

Alliries
02-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Im not sure if that can keep me motivated over a long time and for this 69€?
Let me know what u guys think ������

In short? Nope go buy something else, its bugged, p2p connection, ragers, trolls, kids, unbalaced matchmaking and heroes, constant crash to desktop, to main menu, connection errors, and many many more, but hey at least it has a season pass at half the price of the game while the game itself is 80% broken, and I bet half of the players play it cause there is nothing else good enough to play. I just say it as it is , nothing in this game impressed me, had faith , but as far as I can say atm its the worst purchase of my life

FabulousManStar
02-18-2017, 11:49 PM
I opted to not get this game, even though it looks cool and I enjoyed playing in the last two beta's.

Reasons why:

Bugs, I've seen a lot and from what I've seen many still exist from the beta (probably will get fixed).

Poor balance (might get better, probably will never be great though).

Little content. Word is campaign lasts about 6-7 hours for all factions, and for multiplayer, there is a lack of game-modes that are different from each other (They might add more game modes in like a year, doubt the single player will be expanded ever).

Connectivity/P2P servers (this one isn't going to change no matter how much people cry).

Game just looks half-baked and lacks polish, maybe for 30-40 $ I'd get it but it has too much of a beta feel to be $60. I'll wait, see if there is a price drop, and what improvements have been made since then.

LayPipeNPassGas
02-18-2017, 11:53 PM
I'm going to say no. It's pretty sad how many thousands of us paid extra for Deluxe and Gold editions, just to not receive content. They're coming out talking about gameplay updates, before even fixing the major issues of people spending money and not getting their content. It's just terrible customer service. Not sure I can ever support this company again after this debacle.

Stubbs-SR1
02-18-2017, 11:59 PM
I had a blast in CBT, and OBT was alright. I don't understand why they changed the guard break window. I don't understand the guard break heavy attack spam meta. I don't understand the horrible RECOVERING GAMEPLAY STATE. SYNCHRONIZING... every other match. I don't understand the garbage matchmaking putting new players against Rep 3+ with 108 item level. I don't understand why there are power-ups in a fighting game. I don't understand Ubisoft's weird obsession with ledges everywhere. I don't understand how a game could release with so many bugs as a triple A title. I don't understand the "Couldn't join match because it's full". Couldn't join match because *insert random error code here*.This honestly feels like a Free-to-play game that had the funding of a triple A title. If I could refund my game right now, I would. I wouldn't be surprised if the game died by August, if even that long.

King_.-Crimson
02-19-2017, 12:08 AM
No,

If any devs are reading this though, You guys have a chance to make this game actually worth 60 dollars, even more a chance to make a great game. Please don't **** it up.

xxJoKeRzWiLdx
02-19-2017, 12:18 AM
ok, here we go again lol:
12 characters on release.
12 maps on release
Full single or co-op campaign
Faction war mini meta-game
5 game modes on release
innovative fighting system

For post game content information, look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Bg8TXtm6Q
For cosmetic information, look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW7-ZhkDpic

If all this doesn't warrant 60$ from you, then you have your answer.
Honestly the fighting mechanics should be what keeps bringing you back, if it doesn't, then again, you may have your answer.

Don't listen to this. Making it seem like the game is great or offers value. This isn't a game worth 60. It comes with game modes that are broke, majority of the time you'll be frustrated even when you're doing good. Mechanics are severely flawed and random with p2p. Sometimes my character is fast other times I can't swing to save my life. The game modes feel the same and were poorly designed. The faction war is a joke no fun to be had there and as for the heroes and maps you'll mostly be playing 2 or 3 and hating on the rest. Move on or wait for the game to go down to half its price, even more IMO

sallidar
04-04-2017, 05:27 AM
This game was great in the betas now it's broken and rewards nothing but spam play and no skill. for honour more like no honour. really wanting my money back. once release came out i played quit a bit then everyone started learning how to spam and and ruin the game dragging it through the mud. they nerfed what should have been buffed and buffed what needs nerfing. i quit for a few months came back today only thing thats been fixed is the guardbreak counter is a little easier to get off and you can't always dodge through attacks.

Honestly Boycotting for honour right now probably even ubisoft which sucks cause they have good game ideas they just can't keep them good

massive02
04-04-2017, 06:12 AM
in it's current state no.

the imbalances, bugs, matchmaking problems and disconnects are big detractors, but I think by season 2 when new classes are introduced along with fixes than yes. Truthfully this was a premature release.

So lets just say season 1 is beta and season 2 is official release. "when the game is officially released, it will be worth it"

kweassa1917
04-04-2017, 06:32 AM
Honestly, IMO, its worth it.

I've been playing PvP games long enough (around 21 years now) to know that in reality, most of the issues and grievances mentioned in forums like these can be significantly mitigated one way or another. Especially matters of balance, in reality, rarely effect the gross majority of the gamer population because player demographics in terms of skill level always form a very sharp tapering pyramid shape where high-level players are very, very few, mid-level players more numerous but still fewer than lower levels, and lower levels basically make up usually more than 60~70% of the entire population.

To put it simply, for a gross majority of gamers "balance" is just one of many different factors that effect the outcome of the game. Since low-skill players usually cannot maintain a stable, perfected performance, there are many different factors that can just as easily determine the outcome of the fight as class balance or item balance. It just so happens to be that 'balance' is the easiest excuse to shift the blame on, since competitive nature of PvP games usually make it difficult for people to openly admit that they don't really know or play the game well enough to be pretending they do in the forums. No intention of shaming -- it's just how things are in PvP games and related forums/communities.

The tiers where "balance" seriously effects outcome of the game, are the top level player tiers where everyone has nearly perfected their moves, stratgies, and hardly make stupid mistakes -- hence their performance is always stable, and therefore there are hardly any abrupt or unexpected turn of events that can shake the pre-determined difference of class balance. Hence, in this case the relative balance of classes often become a determining factor by itself... and with no intention of disrespect I highly doubt the majority of people making complaints in this forum or other communities are all 'high tier' players.

Item progression also isn't all too hard, and unless you are a completiionist that just NEEDS to have a cosmetic item for thousands of steel, most of the time units spent on items are basically leveling your character upto Rep3 to get access to purples. Besides, it's not as if level 78 is drastically and hopelessly outmatched by level 108. Oh sure, it looks like a large difference because it's 30 levels of difference. But in reality, it's actually only 5 levels of difference in each slot.

No bullsheez -- it's actually how you mathematically calculate an average -- average difference of item level = Sum of total item level divided by number of slots. So in reality, that 30 level of difference is not 30 levels, but 5 levels difference. Sure, a 108 definately has some advantage over a 78, but IMO not enough advantage to guarantee a win by itself.

All in all, the only real grievance I find quite intolerable is the connection issue, but even considering, the game's fun enough -- at least for me, it is. Balance issues will be patched in the long run, items will be collected without much problem (especially I don't really care for cosmetics).

I only hope they do something about the connection.

escacleo
04-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Short answer YES. Absolutely.

I really like the game even in it's current state. The disconnects are minimal for me and it only happens here and there. I get bored of games quite easily but I keep turning on the xbox and playing For Honor. Its steep learning curve I like, mopping the floor in Dominion or Skirmish is the best. My guilty pleasure is Elimination though.

I'd like to see a 8 player FFA Deathmatch mode designed like skirmish.

Manlorey
04-04-2017, 09:54 AM
I can only agree with previous statements - For Honor is definitely worth buying, I did not and still do not regret spending money on it (game and season pass), as it is a most fun pvp experience with melee fighting I had in years (the last being on par with but ofc not that deep being the good old Jedi Academy). There are plenty of chars to choose from, there are plenty of fighting styles (though I do believe they need to add moves to existing chars over time) and there are some good modes. Ofc, there is the disconnect issue, and I had it too, but I can play most of my games normal actually, so I can live with it.

What I do wish for them to implement is more PvE content, like bosses and world events, maybe link them to a kind of RvR so the game has more diversity for people who care for PvE and such.

Mia.Nora
04-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Based on my personal experience, For Honor is completely limited to vs AI full bot games if I want a reliable gameplay.

Otherwise I have to prey I wont get into a loop of 0002001512 Matchmaking Failed Errors for hours. And after that if I happen to get a game odds are that, it will be completed by most players being replaced by bots, that is if it gets completed at all.

Right now it is a $60 Error Simulator. I would NOT recommend this game as is even if it was F2P.

Varakharne
04-04-2017, 09:18 PM
You asking in the official for honor forum if it is worth it to buy for honor? Ok...

You know what ? you're right, he really should go to the Home Depot forum and ask there. <facepalm> @ your reply ,seriously dude .

darkspawn2101
04-04-2017, 09:55 PM
No.

I've played since the beta, and generally speaking I've played enough to get a feel for the game. I have a warlord rep 3, conq rep 1, warden rep 1, and so on and so fourth.

But I'm tired. I'm genuinely done with this game, the community, and the systems it's based on. I dont play anymore, and I'm trying not to start again.

Reason one: Defensive meta.

This is a game. I expect gameplay. But the game is designed against this fundementally. for the defenisve player. Parry, guardbreak, the current itteration actually punishes agressive play, something that grinds the game to a halt. The characters who can surpass this to a degree, Warlord, Warden, Conq, are repeatedly shouted at for the nerf block. It isn't fun.

Reason two: Matchmaking.

You know what else isn't fun? Walking into a duel with a Rep 18 Orochi with litterallly no chance of winning and geting taunted for it. For Honors matchmaking enables this, and it's horrible. You will never learn why you failed, because there's too much of a cliff.

Reason three: Class imbalance.

When a class is cursed for doing the only thing it can, when characters zone attacks are too fast to block, when in order to get an opening, your forced to parry a super fast attack, this is what class imbalance looks like. And it's everywhere. Some characters are grossly underpowered to the point where they are unuseable. Others get a free get out of jail free card. Couple this with matchmaking, and you have hell.

This is all assuming you have a good connection, and if you dont, well, your just ****ed.

At this price, at this time, no. It's not worth buying, it's not worth geting.

PS: Forgot to mention four: The community. The same community that invented shugoki cheese, and is generally one of the most toxic horrible communities I have ever seen. Racist cursewords and insults abound. I once had a Rep nine warlord block all my attacks then push me off cliffs. His only words?

"Welcome to For Honor, kid."

Bob__Gnarly
04-04-2017, 10:00 PM
I can't recommend this game to anyone in it's current state.

Wait until season 2 starts and the new classes are added and some balancing changes implemented. Hopefully they've improved connectivity by that time as well, but I doubt it.

DrExtrem
04-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Only if you don't get frustrated by continuously getting f**ked up.

Either by the failed matchmaking, inbalanced heroes, cheese, exploits, bots who cheat like hell (revenge while being guard broken etc.), errors, lag, connection issues, bad matchmaking ....

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 10:11 PM
For a lot of players, it sure is. But the majority is having fun ingame, not on the forums.
Does it have it's flaws? Well, yes. But it really is fun. No more to add.

secrecy274
04-05-2017, 01:19 AM
I'm just going to point a giant middle finger towards this game right now.
Been trying to play all evening, yet keeps getting disconnected. Been trying 5 Dom so far, been winning or at least been going strong from the beginning. Yet disconnected every game, however, frikking however, the sixth match I went up against a high lvl, high gear team and with low lvl teammates, we were losing from the start.''

But... but, of course it didn't disconnect me that round. So all in all, 4 likely and 1 definitive win down the drain, but one more loss added.
And people ask why I don't take stats seriously in this game.

Snowmaur
04-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Im not sure if that can keep me motivated over a long time and for this 69?
Let me know what u guys think 🤔👍🏻

I just bought it off the ps store and the game crashes every 10 minutes. did everything to fix it and still crashes every single time. dont buy it now. wait till they get their **** straight with the game.

solho
04-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Wait a few months to see if they lift the game, because for now it is not worth it. Try to prove it through some friend, because what you see in that time is what you will have, there is not much more

Bob__Gnarly
04-11-2017, 10:45 PM
It's definitely not worth it now, give it a few months. Wait for the price to drop and a few more patches to roll out. Although, I don't know if it'll still have many players by that time either.

DrExtrem
04-11-2017, 10:52 PM
The price already dropped on xbox. The game is on spring sale.

Vingrask
04-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Not yet.

I really had fun those months, but I could have had invested this money on less expensive games (I could get CivVI, Stellaris, Shadow Tactics, damn, I don't even like to think about it...) and still have the same amount (or more) fun.

For Honor was a bet: a new kind of game, exciting, beatiful, brutal. I believe in the game future, reason why I bought even knowing the problems.

(Project Cars... The Witcher 3... Elite Dangerous expansion... Ride 2... oh boy...)

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-12-2017, 12:26 AM
Wait for a sell if you're just curious. If you saw the combat and fell in love with it, go ahead and buy it. That's assuming you've got the disposable income. This isn't a game I'd buy if I could only get 1 game every month or so.

EDG_Avocado
04-12-2017, 01:05 AM
Honestly, I love this game and I will wait till all the issues of connectivity are fixed. Even so I think the game is only worth 40$ with these issues fixed.

Tyler-Durdin
04-12-2017, 01:14 AM
Buy it on sale save your money
Its getting fixed BUT the length of time to fix outweighs the current price.