PDA

View Full Version : Tone down Orochi Please

Ahumun
02-11-2017, 02:19 AM
They hit too hard for being that fast. If they are that fast and hard hitting then they are too resilient.

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 02:21 AM
A few hours ago you couldn't even play the game. How can you call for balance?.

Ahumun
02-11-2017, 02:26 AM
Seems like there's been some gameplay in there.

I'm curious if you have anything constructive to add?

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 02:27 AM
Learn to block. I main Orochi and it's very easy to block if you have played for longer than 5 hours.

Pvt.Wrathlife
02-11-2017, 02:28 AM
https://i.redd.it/kpo7bt3vxkcy.png Nuff said

Ahumun
02-11-2017, 02:28 AM
I main Orochi

Well said.

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 02:31 AM
Well said.

Listen. You're bad at the game and that's ok. Just play more.

xLeapingLizardx
https://i.redd.it/kpo7bt3vxkcy.png Nuff said

This made my night! xDDDDDD

Pvt.Wrathlife
This made my night! xDDDDDD

The first time I saw it, it made my whole year

Ahumun
02-11-2017, 02:34 AM
Listen. You're bad at the game and that's ok. Just play more.

Outstanding community members like you are the reason I wonder why I even try to have a discussion on the forums.

Pvt.Wrathlife
02-11-2017, 02:36 AM
Just average Orochi player, what do you expect?

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Outstanding community members like you are the reason I wonder why I even try to have a discussion on the forums.

Learn to block. I main Orochi and it's very easy to block if you have played for longer than 5 hours.

It's not my fault you ignored the majority of my post to suit your own agenda. You can't come preaching balance after not being able to do the keys 5 hours ago.

Here you are 5 hours ago..

Anyone else having issues with the controls on PC being far less than precise and very wonky? Move movements to parry are a nightmare.

Yeah as hard as I try to get it down and as much as I want to play, going to find it hard to justify the Game plus a controller, especially since I can't do anything but 1v1 AI. Really got hyped about this **** but starting to think maybe Ill just wait for the steam summer sale or something.

You see what I mean?..

Pvt.Wrathlife
02-11-2017, 02:40 AM
How can you even defend Wind gust? That ability in current game topology is impossible to counter. I would continue but I feel like you are one of the die hard fanboys who plays 24/7 one champ stroking your ego on forums.

Ahumun
02-11-2017, 02:40 AM
He just comes across so snarky, it's hard to take him serious.

I don't think you are doing anything but making sweeping generalizations about what you think I would be doing vs Oro's. What I am saying is that they have too much power/speed/survive all rolled into their package and something needs to be toned down. Think about that before you start complaining about my "blocking keys" or whatever you are fantasizing about.

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 02:41 AM
How can you even defend Wind gust? That ability in current game topology is impossible to counter. I would continue but I feel like you are one of the die hard fanboys who plays 24/7 one champ stroking your ego on forums?

I actually don't do wind gust that much, it's not necessary to the build. I also play Warden, Berserker and currently learning Nobushi. I would also continue but you come across as a bit of a mouthbreather who wears a helmet 24/7.

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 02:43 AM
He just comes across so snarky, it's hard to take him serious.

I don't think you are doing anything but making sweeping generalizations about what you think I would be doing vs Oro's. What I am saying is that they have too much power/speed/survive all rolled into their package and something needs to be toned down. Think about that before you start complaining about my "blocking keys" or whatever you are fantasizing about.

You're attempting to make an opinion on a whole class after <5 hours. You can't know how to beat an Orochi after that long, you just need to learn how to play the game mate.

Delectable_Sin
02-11-2017, 02:43 AM
After 50 or so games in open beta, and like 150 for the closed beta, I still have no idea why people think the Orochi is OP, or the PK for that matter. I honestly think you guys just need to stop mashing buttons and learn to block, or parry, or dodge -- or basically anything other than spamming click.

How can you even defend Wind gust? That ability in current game topology is impossible to counter. I would continue but I feel like you are one of the die hard fanboys who plays 24/7 one champ stroking your ego on forums.

Dodge, parry, block... or you know, anything other than mashing your two clicks, lol.

Pvt.Wrathlife
02-11-2017, 02:44 AM
I actually don't do wind gust that much, it's not necessary to the build. I also play Warden, Berserker and currently learning Nobushi. I would also continue but you come across as a bit of a mouthbreather who wears a helmet 24/7.

Of course its not necessary with the kit for disabled players, and its the only ability which needs to be used while you are playing with more than one hand.

Ahumun
02-11-2017, 02:44 AM
I like how you can admit that you don't even need some of your kit. Should be a red flag right there.

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 02:46 AM
I like how you can admit that you don't even need some of your kit. Should be a red flag right there.

The only red flag here is the fact you're calling for balance when you don't understand the thing you're wanting to balance.

Pvt.Wrathlife
02-11-2017, 02:52 AM
The only red flag here is the fact you're calling for balance when you don't understand the thing you're wanting to balance.

I have played orochi till level 17 in technical test, since it was the only hero to counter.. orochi effectively. The reason why he is overtuned is the fact you dont even need to try deflect and get wind gust or hurricane blast since the rest of the kit costs nearly no stamina and its 1000x easier to use.

You see, this game is like a stone, paper and scissors. But yet you have a character what throws insane amount of stones on your face and presses "guardbreak" while you are blocking / parrying (parrying light attacks of orochi with current topology is very very ambitious), and you dont have a chance to foresee when should you counter guardbreak since its very random and orochi players just use it completly randomly after losing finger from spaming light attacks or zephyr slash.. orochi is for a "hard" hero very easy yet too effective and overpicked, which just yells something is wrong.

Edit: I will just post this one more time to enhance my explanation:

https://i.redd.it/kpo7bt3vxkcy.png

Ragnar---
02-11-2017, 02:53 AM
I have played orochi till level 17 in technical test, since it was the only hero to counter.. orochi effectively. The reason why he is overtuned is the fact you dont even need to try deflect and get wind gust or hurricane blast since the rest of the kit costs nearly no stamina and its 1000x easier to use.

You see, this game is like a stone, paper and scissors. But yet you have a character what throws insane amount of stones on your face and presses "guardbreak" while you are blocking / parrying (parrying light attacks of orochi with current topology is very very ambitious), and you dont have a chance to forsee when should you counter guardbreak since its very random and orochi players just use it completly randomly after losing finger from spaming light attacks or zephyr slash.. orochi is for a "hard" hero very easy yet too effective and overpicked, which just yells something is wrong.

There are bigger issues with For Honor than the Orochi. It seems to me you just need to 'git gud.' :rolleyes:

Pvt.Wrathlife
02-11-2017, 02:54 AM
There are bigger issues with For Honor than the Orochi. It seems to me you just need to 'git gud.' :rolleyes:

I knew I shouldnt respond to troll, you got me sir.

Ahumun
02-11-2017, 02:56 AM
Well at least he finally admits there's a problem with the Oro.

Delectable_Sin
02-11-2017, 03:18 AM
Button mashers, don't worry, once they iron out match making, you'll just fight other button mashers and you guys can sit at 50% win rate together. The Orochi, PK, or WL isn't the problem, it's the fact that you guys have no idea how to properly defend. These threads would disappear if the match making was better though.

The_B0G_
02-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Button mashers, don't worry, once they iron out match making, you'll just fight other button mashers and you guys can sit at 50% win rate together. The Orochi, PK, or WL isn't the problem, it's the fact that you guys have no idea how to properly defend. These threads would disappear if the match making was better though.

I gotta agree with you here, I put quite a few hours in since the beta started and I held off on posting anything about balancing until I got better. After getting better at the game there is really no one hero I think is that OP. Samurai vanguard I thought was OP at first but they are mostly just button mashers.

everything_
02-11-2017, 10:08 AM
I lost it on Naruto run.

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Read the enemy, find the cycle of his moves, parry, block, punish, adapt.

ggwp, Orochi's enemy is dead in 2 blows.

Brave_Thunder
02-11-2017, 10:38 AM
It's sad to see those posts yet before the game launch...how you know what is op and what isn't if you don't learn how to play the game?Using your logic I should make a thread asking for a nerf to the conqueror,since I get rekt everytime I fight him,on pk and on orochi.I should say"Conq is too tanky and does too much damage with the shield combo,he's broken".Truth is,you have to learn how to fight your opponent.And even when you learn how they move,you have to learn the timing of their attack moveset.Then,you have to understand your enemy specifical strategy and counter it.Do you think you can do this in some days?No.Learn that,and learn how to proper parry/deflect/dodge.Then,with data on hand,you can ask for nerfs,not just by personal feelings.

Gensui.Musashi
02-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Orochi really isnt a problem. The real problems are the warlord and the berserker. Berserker is just (spam, spam, spam) no need to block. But u can block Orochi attacks really easy. and it took me some hours to learn how to do this Zephir etc stuff.