PDA

View Full Version : Switching factions for reward

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 01:22 AM
So as I am to understand it, they are giving away a reward to everyone in the open beta aswell as a reward to the winning faction. So what's stopping me from switching factions on the last day just to get the reward?

That_Happy_Cat
02-11-2017, 01:23 AM
There's a warning sign in the change factions screen that explains what's stopping you.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 01:25 AM
There's a warning sign in the change factions screen that explains what's stopping you.

Yea I read that. It says if you switch factions after season 1 your not eligible for the reward. Well there is 13 days left in season 1. So that's not stopping anyone.

OxelAF
02-11-2017, 01:34 AM
Once you switch what faction your are apart of you agree that for that season you forfeit any rewards what would be won both from your previous faction and the faction you are joining. So if you are fighting for the Samurai and in on the final day you see the Knights or the Vikings are gonna win and you decide to switch because you want those sweet rewards you will not be eligible to any kind of rewards that would be rewarded.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 01:36 AM
Only if you switch after season 1. It says right in the screen where you switch your faction. Season 1 lasts for 13 more days.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 01:38 AM
Ahhh I think I see now. Not too sure if the beta reward is a season reward or a round reward.

OxelAF
02-11-2017, 01:41 AM
Any switches made during a season will make you unable to receive any rewards during that season. Otherwise people would just switch to the winning faction on the last day and that's just silly. The Beta rewards are tied with the faction war on what faction has the most territories when the Open Beta ends.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 01:46 AM
Any switches made during a season will make you unable to receive any rewards during that season. Otherwise people would just switch to the winning faction on the last day and that's just silly. The Beta rewards are tied with the faction war on what faction has the most territories when the Open Beta ends.

Got a link to where they state that. Been looking

OxelAF
02-11-2017, 01:48 AM
Link to what the rewards or the switching of factions?

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 01:50 AM
Link to what the rewards or the switching of factions?

Switching of factions. I switched after maybe 20 minutes of play.

OxelAF
02-11-2017, 01:53 AM
I've read about people asking about this topic before where people said the same things I'm saying. And to me it just makes sense that if you switch you should not be entitled to a reward. I mean if you picked the wrong faction by mistake I'll understand you switching but I still believe it makes more sense that should you switch you also forfeit any rewards that season.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 01:55 AM
I've read about people asking about this topic before where people said the same things I'm saying. And to me it just makes sense that if you switch you should not be entitled to a reward. I mean if you picked the wrong faction by mistake I'll understand you switching but I still believe it makes more sense that should you switch you also forfeit any rewards that season.

But if it's a season reward, it states when you switch factions, as long as it's before round 1 is over you still get the season reward amd there's 13 days left in round. 1

OxelAF
02-11-2017, 02:00 AM
Wait, are you talking about the 6 hour rounds? You do know that the first round for this season has already been as this is the second day of the beta.

Edit. Sorry didn't read through your post well enough. I understand what you are asking me but I'm fairly sure that once you switch you are no longer eligible for any rewards. Don't have any sources to back this up but I'm sure I read it here somewhere. Sorry for the confusion. Even if that round 1 rule would apply that would enable anyone to just switch to the knight faction should they end up winning in two days to get the beta reward, and you have to agree that if they allow that then what's the point of having a reward.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 02:04 AM
Wait, are you talking about the 6 hour rounds? You do know that the first round for this season has already been as this is the second day of the beta.

Edit. Sorry didn't read through your post well enough. I understand what you are asking me but I'm fairly sure that once you switch you are no longer eligible for any rewards. Don't have any sources to back this up but I'm sure I read it here somewhere. Sorry for the confusion.

Nope, there are 5 rounds within the season. I'm lpoking at it right now. It's pre-season 1 - round 1. Says it in the top right hand corner of the screen.

OxelAF
02-11-2017, 02:07 AM
Yeah sorry I edited my post thinking I could catch you before you replied to me.

Damonrodes
02-11-2017, 02:09 AM
Alright now worries, just had me curious. Thanks for letting me know.

OxelAF
02-11-2017, 02:10 AM
No worries.