PDA

View Full Version : Polygon...

AkenoKobayashi
02-11-2017, 12:36 AM
http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/10/14560050/for-honor-deus-vult

I never play as anyone else but the Samurai, so I wasn't aware of it. Even so, I implore that Ubisoft do to For Honor as Hi-Rez has done for Smite, and tell the weak willed and easily broken to **** off and deal with content of this game. No changes needed.

In the end, it is your call, Ubi. Just remember that it's a video game and not your company's stand on anything.

Archaous
02-11-2017, 12:41 AM
2/10, did not read.

Veyrah
02-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Liberal rule #34: If it exists we'll cry about it

What is their problem, and what are they trying to achieve? Ban on Deus Vult?

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis..

invaliduserX
02-11-2017, 04:15 PM
US supremacists and neo nazis are using the US flag. Should the US flag be considered tainted and banned?

Deus Vult is not the weird orange cult.

Pvt.Wrathlife
02-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Are they going to ban all the translations of "God wills it"? Polygon are doing some fine drugs as far as I can see

Hackfraysn
02-11-2017, 04:59 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/10/14560050/for-honor-deus-vult

I never play as anyone else but the Samurai, so I wasn't aware of it. Even so, I implore that Ubisoft do to For Honor as Hi-Rez has done for Smite, and tell the weak willed and easily broken to **** off and deal with content of this game. No changes needed.

In the end, it is your call, Ubi. Just remember that it's a video game and not your company's stand on anything.

Nice, I got a similar thread running.

Well, if you try to appease them, next they'll say medieval European plate armor is offensive because that's what knights wore during the crusades. And God forbid one of the European factions wins the faction war, that's white supremacy right there.

Those people want to be perpetually offended and no matter what you do, they'll never be satisfied. They'll relentlessly rid the world of everything that's fun and when there's nothing left for you to enjoy, they'll be offended by your misery. Telling them to grow up, deal with it and develop some common sense is the only way to deal with them. Trying to appease them will only make matters worse.

Show some common sense, Ubisoft!

waraidako
02-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Liberal rule #34: If it exists we'll cry about it

What is their problem, and what are they trying to achieve? Ban on Dues Vult?

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis..

That's not what liberal means. I'm liberal as hell, I think people should be allowed to do whatever they want, as long as they're not physically hurting other people. That includes being able to yell Deus Vult as much as they want. Won't stop us Vikings from winning, of course, but hey, you do you.

So don't drag that garbage in here. This is just polygon being oversensitive babies, as usual.

Vakris_One
02-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Pointless article is pointless. Mock outrage over the use of 3 random words because in the world of politics some far right d-bags adopted them to push their racist agenda.

All it really shows is that gamers don't give much of a cookie nor pay attention to politics. Do they really need Ubisoft to comment on this? Poor attempt at sensationalist journalism from Polygon.

SirKektheDank
02-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I saw this and immediately lost all respect for Polygon yesterday. It's not an alt-right thing, it's a historical allusion that absolutely belongs in this context. What's next, the Old Norse version of "yo mama" is communist?

Veyrah
02-11-2017, 05:52 PM
That's not what liberal means. I'm liberal as hell, I think people should be allowed to do whatever they want, as long as they're not physically hurting other people. That includes being able to yell Deus Vult as much as they want. Won't stop us Vikings from winning, of course, but hey, you do you.

So don't drag that garbage in here. This is just polygon being oversensitive babies, as usual.

Then perhaps I meant lefties. I don't care what you identify as.

waraidako
02-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Then perhaps I meant lefties. I don't care what you identify as.

Maybe don't generalise then.