PDA

View Full Version : Warden Shoulder-bash cancel into guard-break

CairoTheCat
02-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Please fix this ubi, i don't care if its a real mechanic, it's impossible to counteract which means it's broken. Shoulder-bash cancel is seriously overpowered.

AviiD.
02-11-2017, 12:33 AM
It's ez to counter if you know how to do it [Insert generic git gud quote]

thoralexsson
02-11-2017, 12:52 AM
Please fix this ubi, i don't care if its a real mechanic, it's impossible to counteract which means it's broken. Shoulder-bash cancel is seriously overpowered.

roll backwards , *******.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Shoulder bash has such a long warm up, that you can basically get a fresh coffee, before you are hit.

Try the zone attack or a single fast attack. Or ... Side step.

eliteslayer66
02-11-2017, 03:14 AM

maybe i misunderstand. How does it work? If its a guard break than counter guardbreak it.

E-A-X
02-11-2017, 03:23 AM
I get what he means, its that if you dodge sidewards you will get guardbroken because you are still in the action (the dodge) you cant counteract to the guardbreak, while if you would roll backwards you throw out your entire stamina and just you are punished for doing that.

But if shoulderbash is comboed on close range you wont be able to dodge it, cuz its like a headbutt, if you could manage to dodge, because you did guard the attack in the first, then its the warden decision to either fake a shoulderbash or do it actually - doesnt have to be fully charged after all.

What im trying to do when i notice these things on a warden is just zone attack spam, go on distance zone attack - be cheaper than the shoulderbash spammer.

eliteslayer66
02-11-2017, 03:30 AM
Too bad there isn't much to use on the warden.

ThePollie
02-11-2017, 03:44 AM
Too bad there isn't much to use on the warden.

Sadly. This is one of the only things we really have going for us.

D_cover
02-11-2017, 03:50 AM
Sadly. This is one of the only things we really have going for us.

That quick slash combo gets me every time.

Odin_Ironhide
02-17-2017, 10:19 PM
I get what he means, its that if you dodge sidewards you will get guardbroken because you are still in the action (the dodge) you cant counteract to the guardbreak, while if you would roll backwards you throw out your entire stamina and just you are punished for doing that.

But if shoulderbash is comboed on close range you wont be able to dodge it, cuz its like a headbutt, if you could manage to dodge, because you did guard the attack in the first, then its the warden decision to either fake a shoulderbash or do it actually - doesnt have to be fully charged after all.

What im trying to do when i notice these things on a warden is just zone attack spam, go on distance zone attack - be cheaper than the shoulderbash spammer.

I play as a Warlord and i run into this problem. my light attack is too slow to interrupt the charge and If he is doing the cancel into guardbreak i cannot stop it. if you sidestep he automatically gets a guardbreak, if you dont sidestep he will get the bash and the attack off.

I also find it odd that if i happen to sidestep the charge and guard break him right after, he can cancel my guard break. You would think there would be some sort of penalty for missing the unblockable. I mean, if i side step a heavy I get a free guardbreak, should be the same with an unblockable shoulder bash.

Gnarxly
02-17-2017, 10:23 PM
I play as a Warlord and i run into this problem. my light attack is too slow to interrupt the charge and If he is doing the cancel into guardbreak i cannot stop it. if you sidestep he automatically gets a guardbreak, if you dont sidestep he will get the bash and the attack off.

I also find it odd that if i happen to sidestep the charge and guard break him right after, he can cancel my guard break. You would think there would be some sort of penalty for missing the unblockable. I mean, if i side step a heavy I get a free guardbreak, should be the same with an unblockable shoulder bash.

Why light attack when your heavy attack is faster than anything warden has.

HeavyEchoV1
02-17-2017, 10:35 PM
The guard block from the shoulder bash cancel can be countered. The main issue is with how the current guard break is counterable only on impact so the timing for it is awful and not to mention how hard it is to predict because it isn't indicated. Its need to show a faint effect but since the the guardblock is a error from the Warden not holding it down and tapping GB instead.

Your best options are to either to step back and roll a dice on if you will get shoulder bashed or Light Attack. Counter Guard block will be a better option if they ever revert it to how it was in beta.

Duskmare
03-03-2017, 12:46 AM
So, now they've reverted to Beta guard breaking. Still, I don't think it's possible to block the guard break if you've already tried to dodge the shoulder bash. You have to guess which one it'll be... Definitely feels broken. :\

JC_Denton89
03-03-2017, 01:28 AM
during the alpha and closed beta warlord used to be able to cancel headbutt into guardbreak and it got removed so they will probably remove this for warden too because it's basically the same thing

Deylyn
04-09-2017, 04:43 PM
maybe i misunderstand. How does it work? If its a guard break than counter guardbreak it.

you do indeed misunderstand, the shoulderbash forces your to dodge or be caught in a vortex, however at ANY point after its initated they can cancel by simply pressing the GB button and it goes into a lunge while you are mid dodge (cant gb counter when mid dodge)

its complete and utter horse sh t, but i wouldnt expect anything less from ubisoft, along with so many overpowered things on the wrong hero's, the bugs, the technical issues and the servers i have completely lost any and all faith in ubisoft, and thus they will no longer be recieving my money, on the bright side i can afford to give a starving child 2 weeks worth of food everytime ubish t release a game!

Deylyn
04-09-2017, 04:45 PM
So, now they've reverted to Beta guard breaking. Still, I don't think it's possible to block the guard break if you've already tried to dodge the shoulder bash. You have to guess which one it'll be... Definitely feels broken. :\

you dont have to guess which one it is, its both, what i mean is anytime from the charge to the end of the lunge the warden can guard break, so if you dodge it he can still grab, if you dont hell vortex you :) wp ubish t

Crackatawa96
04-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Shoulder bash has such a long warm up, that you can basically get a fresh coffee, before you are hit.

Try the zone attack or a single fast attack. Or ... Side step.

The problem isn't just the bash, it's the 50/50 of it being either a bash or a gb, sidestepping won't help all the time, in fact it'll leave you open for the gb. Best thing to do is roll away if you're too far for a light attack to stop it.

Hormly
04-09-2017, 10:18 PM
It boggles my mind how many idiots still try to defend the warden vortex as not being the most OP mechanic in game, which it is.

Top tier tournament play is nothing more than 2 wardens trying to out vortex each other.

"just roll away lol"

right, now half my stamina is drained and he just does it again, rolling backward in no way 'punishes' the move, it simply resets it putting you at a stamina disadvantage, do it again and your exhausted.

"just use a light attack lol"

nope, this doesnt work, at all, perhaps classes who can sidestep and attack at once but only them.

even if i DO guess correctly and dodge the shoulder, i dont even get a free gb on him. the best you can do is a light attack

So basically its an extremely low risk high payoff move that comes down to a guessing game where the victim is at every disadvantage, and the warden mains refuse to acknowledge how lame it is. Im sure they will refuse to acknowledge it up to and even after they eventually nerf the sh- out of it

Crackatawa96
04-09-2017, 10:25 PM
It boggles my mind how many idiots still try to defend the warden vortex as not being the most OP mechanic in game, which it is.

Top tier tournament play is nothing more than 2 wardens trying to out vortex each other.

"just roll away lol"

right, now half my stamina is drained and he just does it again, rolling backward in no way 'punishes' the move, it simply resets it putting you at a stamina disadvantage, do it again and your exhausted.

nope, this doesnt work, at all, perhaps classes who can sidestep and attack at once but only them.

even if i DO guess correctly and dodge the shoulder, i dont even get a free gb on him. the best you can do is a light attack

So basically its an extremely low risk high payoff move that comes down to a guessing game where the victim is at every disadvantage, and the warden mains refuse to acknowledge how lame it is. Im sure they will refuse to acknowledge it up to and even after they eventually nerf the sh- out of it

If you light attack at the beginning before they get the armor, it stops it. It's more difficult for slower classes though.

MumfordDaHound
04-09-2017, 10:43 PM

"just roll away lol"

100%... it's just a guessing game. Not what it should be

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-09-2017, 11:23 PM
The guard block from the shoulder bash cancel can be countered. The main issue is with how the current guard break is counterable only on impact so the timing for it is awful and not to mention how hard it is to predict because it isn't indicated. Its need to show a faint effect but since the the guardblock is a error from the Warden not holding it down and tapping GB instead.

Your best options are to either to step back and roll a dice on if you will get shoulder bashed or Light Attack. Counter Guard block will be a better option if they ever revert it to how it was in beta.

The way he has described it is the circumstance in which it is uncounterable.
Dodge? Free GB
Don't dodge? free 2 hits

AzureSky.
04-09-2017, 11:24 PM
play raider and procced to make the side dash + grab for easy wins vs warden :) (until they fix his vortex)