PDA

View Full Version : How is the player skill calculated?

DSD_Breaker
02-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Does anyone know how the player skill is calculated for matchmaking?
Is it only the hero level or is it the K/D ratio? Or both or some other overall value? I mean, hero level does not really make a good value for the overall player skill in my opinion.

I’m asking because im now Reputation Level 1 (so Level 21) and in Duel and Brawl I always get matched with people with a much lower hero level, And it is for sure not my K/D ratio ;-).

kanuzira
02-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know how the player skill is calculated for matchmaking?
Is it only the hero level or is it the K/D ratio? Or both or some other overall value? I mean, hero level does not really make a good value for the overall player skill in my opinion.

Iím asking because im now Reputation Level 1 (so Level 21) and in Duel and Brawl I always get matched with people with a much lower hero level, And it is for sure not my K/D ratio ;-).

he might have taken a hero he never played

Godsplitter1991
02-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Yeah he could be playing a guy he's never played before. I played a kensei and beat him. Next game he played his main guy and he was only one level below me. Think they by player level overall

Worlcianz
02-10-2017, 11:03 PM
From around 70 Hours ingame time, then my conclusion is it depends on players Gear Score. (Maybe mixed with Elo n stuff, but mainly Gear Score)

Edit: This is only viable info in Dominion though

Da_Beetus
02-11-2017, 12:48 AM
It based on how many environmental kills you have.