PDA

View Full Version : "P-40 Warhawk - Wrath of the Warhawk"

JR_Greenhorn
03-08-2004, 11:13 PM
I just picked up the Flight Journal special issue "P-40 Warhawk - Wrath of the Warhawk" the other day. While I don't always like the tone of the articles, what great photograpy! There are so many great colour shots of the P-40 (many of them period) that you just don't find elsewhere. I love the look of the P-40 (way more than the P-51D), so its great to see it in so many photos, and with sharks, skulls, parrots, tigers, etc. on the noses.

The articles on P-40s in Afrika, CBI, and the Aluetians really make me anxious to fly those theatres in FB!
The story about chewing up the Afrika Korps with the desert airforce (including US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South African fliers) makes me long for the desert like Col. T. E. Lawrence!

Has anyone else seen this issue yet?

JR_Greenhorn
03-08-2004, 11:13 PM
I just picked up the Flight Journal special issue "P-40 Warhawk - Wrath of the Warhawk" the other day. While I don't always like the tone of the articles, what great photograpy! There are so many great colour shots of the P-40 (many of them period) that you just don't find elsewhere. I love the look of the P-40 (way more than the P-51D), so its great to see it in so many photos, and with sharks, skulls, parrots, tigers, etc. on the noses.

The articles on P-40s in Afrika, CBI, and the Aluetians really make me anxious to fly those theatres in FB!
The story about chewing up the Afrika Korps with the desert airforce (including US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South African fliers) makes me long for the desert like Col. T. E. Lawrence!

Has anyone else seen this issue yet?