PDA

View Full Version : Defeating the Peacekeeper? (Not claiming OP)

WhiteFlagofWar
02-10-2017, 06:01 PM
This is a serious question, how does one defeat a competent Peacekeeper? Specifically as a Warden, or another similar class.

I've played the game through a couple betas now, typically maining the Warden. Right now, I'm sitting at an 83% Win/Loss, and about a 4 KDR (2v2 dragged that down a bit, admittedly). Every other character seems to have a pattern, a rhythm, or at least a gap in their combos.

Then...there's Peacekeeper. If the player has any idea what they're doing, I lose. Aggressive, defensive, spam play, smart play. It doesn't matter, it almost always ends in a loss.

So, any advice? What am I missing here.

Linkerino
02-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Most peacekeepers I fight (I play warden) spam the light attacks even if you block them (since they are fast he will win if you block and try to attack). I try to keep distance most of the time and punish the "jumping attack" with the special counter of the warden. Plus parrying the light moves (this took me a good time to get the reactions and I still fail a lot) is a big plus, since you can start the warden mixup with shoulder bash.

WhiteFlagofWar
02-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Most peacekeepers I fight (I play warden) spam the light attacks even if you block them (since they are fast he will win if you block and try to attack). I try to keep distance most of the time and punish the "jumping attack" with the special counter of the warden. Plus parrying the light moves (this took me a good time to get the reactions and I still fail a lot) is a big plus, since you can start the warden mixup with shoulder bash.

I actually didn't know you could counter the jumping up attack, so guess I need to work on my timing with that one. Thanks for confirming that. On that second note, I've definitely tried the shoulder bash tactics, which typically ends in them side-stepping it into a heavy side sweep.

I hate to admit it, but about the only "consistent" way I've found to beat them (which means about 30% of the time haha), is to nearly spam upward heavy attacks when they're at a medium ranged distance. That's the saving grace here, get a couple of those hits in and you're good-ish.

Linkerino
02-10-2017, 06:39 PM
The shoulder bash mixup is called mixup for a reason: you can either do the fast shoulder bash or start the shoulder and cancel into a GB (if they dodge they will get hit). You should not use this everytime since it is not a real "combo". If you see your opponent dodging you do the GB instead for example. Keep playing and you get to know the match ups better :)

WhiteFlagofWar
02-10-2017, 08:08 PM
The shoulder bash mixup is called mixup for a reason: you can either do the fast shoulder bash or start the shoulder and cancel into a GB (if they dodge they will get hit). You should not use this everytime since it is not a real "combo". If you see your opponent dodging you do the GB instead for example. Keep playing and you get to know the match ups better :)

Fair enough, and that really is part of the problem here. On Xbox, in 1v1 I pretty much am exclusively matched up against Orochi(seriously, probably 80% of my matches for the past 2 betas), so maybe it's just a practice thing. I'll keep at it.

Thanks for the advice.

Ragnar---
02-10-2017, 08:13 PM
I haven't used the PK all that much but does it actually have combos?, most people I see playing the class spam the range on the top lunge attack and left right lights. Is that all the class offers?.

Instanes
02-10-2017, 09:04 PM
I seem to face alot of PK's. And Im curious what to do vs them aswel. The grab/stab/stab that adds the bleed. I cant seem to get the counter grab going. Maybe Im just slow or I have to anticipate it.

Im not good at this game. Not even close :p But so far I've felt I have a decent chance vs most classes except the PK. I'm sure it will come with time ^^ Or Im just old and slow :p

tcs1991.ts
02-10-2017, 09:19 PM
I seem to face alot of PK's. And Im curious what to do vs them aswel. The grab/stab/stab that adds the bleed. I cant seem to get the counter grab going. Maybe Im just slow or I have to anticipate it.

Im not good at this game. Not even close :p But so far I've felt I have a decent chance vs most classes except the PK. I'm sure it will come with time ^^ Or Im just old and slow :p

As a berserker I let them make the first move. I never try to parry a PK the window is so small. So I dodge and start my infinite combo. Once a berserkers infinite combo it's like trying to stop a train. PK goes down like butter.