PDA

View Full Version : logging out midgame - serious issue if not punished very hard

BdW_Turwen
02-10-2017, 05:49 PM
I just finished four brawler games (2 vs 2).

Within every game there was a solid fluctuation of players getting out of the game, others joining in and quitting again.
At the end I was playing together with a bot for two rounds.

Yesterday I played together with friends and we had fun the whole evening playing against the AI.

Today... every single time you lose one round your random teammate is going to quit.
...every time you win someone from the other team quits and you have to wait until the server finds a new host...

If players leaving a match are not punished with at least 3 hours of downtime, being able to play only solo matches against AI, no coop, no VS, I think the problem is never going to be solved.

I am holding back my order until a solution is found.
I am really sad about this... the game is just great.. interesting mechanics, nice graphics, player skill involved...
...and the community gets it down.

HarambeVendetta
02-10-2017, 05:50 PM
May i ask you something?
By any chance were you playing as a nobushi?

BdW_Turwen
02-10-2017, 05:51 PM
I was, in two of the rounds.

Gray360UK
02-10-2017, 06:37 PM
May i ask you something?
By any chance were you playing as a nobushi?

As much as this made me laugh, it isn't just Nobush players that make people rage quit.
I had this so often yesterday, not on a Nobushi.
Basically any time you slaughter them in the first two rounds and it's obvious they have no idea what they are doing there's a 75% chance they're going to rage quit.
The problem is with the state of the servers at the moment you'd have to be damn sure they quit rather than got booted before you punished anyone.

Rainbowsix876
02-10-2017, 06:55 PM
I don't understand why an enemy would be replaced by an AI in a multiplayer game. It's so not a multiplayer thing to do unless you are half an idiot and have never played a multiplayer game in your life. Then you would be fine with playing against an AI. But For Honor is just designed to be a hardcore game. I think so at least and a leaver shouldn't be replaced by anything but a big screen saying you just won the bloody game.
We don't join a 1v1 VS PLAYER to end up playing against an AI. We don't give a crap about an AI unless we choose the option to play against them. 1v1 AI. Then we don't want an AI to leave and be replaced by a player.
It's like common sense

Gray360UK
02-10-2017, 06:55 PM
see my thing is I'm not rage quitting - I'm trying to complete objectives in a mode I don't actually want to play. Why would I waste time in a mode I don't enjoy if I'm not even working toward a reward anymore? It's faster (or it used to be) to leave the game and find another fresh one instead of waiting for the round to end.

Fair enough, thats a different thing though. It can't be coincidence that people are quitting once they lose the first couple of rounds and daily rewards are usually for completing matches or getting takedowns, and these people will have done neither.