PDA

View Full Version : As a new player coming in, this game has problems.

Slarg232
02-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Ok, I've played for about six hours right now, and here are some things I've noticed;

1) The tutorial isn't really shown to you.

Yeah, you boot up the game and you get put into the Basic Tutorial, but at the end of that there's no indication that there's an Advanced Tutorial. It just says "Continue playing" which implies that you're supposed to just keep attempting the (very) basics. Coupled with the fact that each character plays very differently, and there's no "Hey, go look at the video to learn how to play them" pop-up, it leads to a lot of frustration in how the characters play out.

For instance, I hated the Conquerer when I started, but now that I know how to actually play them (and that you can charge attacks while blocking), he's probably my favorite class. The information is there, but information you don't know about is useless.

2) There are no Comeback mechanics.

Revenge Mode may be a "comeback mechanic" in the sense that it can help you win a duel (or a 1v2/3), but if you're losing the match badly (Say, because you started in the Beta or buy the game Day 1 and are up against people who have played since the Alpha) there's not a damn thing you can do about it. This game lacks a Noob Tube that allows newer players to even attempt to try to win, ESPECIALLY when you can go up against these people who have been playing since Alpha and get stunlocked to death.

The closest example to this is the Bow for the Orochi or the Crossbow for the Peacekeeper, but there are games you lose so badly that you can't even get to Stage 3 to use it. So we have a game where all these new players can't even hit veterans, get stunlocked to death, and lose time after time. Of course there's going to be frustration.

And as a lesser Example:

3) Revenge Mode shouldn't be in this game.

Look, I know it's supposed to be a anti-gank ability, in that it helps you from being swarmed to death, but this game was A) marketted as a "you can't really go up against more than one person at a time" type of deal, and Revenge is counter intuitive to that, and B) sometimes, especially in situations like the aforementioned "Losing without hope of fighting 1v1" you HAVE to roam as a group ganging up on people. It's the only way you can even hope to win at that point.

Oh wait, you can't, because there's a Warlord/Conquerer with God Block and Revenge Mode so he never runs out of Stamina and you can't hurt him. yeah, you can try to Guard Break, but he's just going to swat you away with his massive ball and stick.

If these things aren't changed, this game won't last very long. It's not an issue of "not a good game", it's just that without some form of comeback mechanic/noobtube, veteran players will continue to trounce newcomers and the game will become a ghost town of only the most elite of the elite. Which is a shame, because this game has some massive potential, and the mechanics work very well.

As an aside, some smaller complaints I have is:

1) Do we really need to have to watch the intro/outro every single time? It was cool the first time, but after the..... sixth game in a row it just felt tedious.
2) Would love to be able to move my Health/Stamina up to where it is in Dark Souls. 1st Souls Problems, but I'm too used to glancing up there to check and see if I have stamina to do something and it's throwing me off.
3) Gender Locked classes, what? Makes perfect sense for the Valkyre, but why does a two dagger knight or a spear using samurai have to be female only, and since we're already disregarding historical accuracy in having female knights in the first place (sorry ladies), why is the Warlord male only? This is some PC ********.

Jerkies
02-10-2017, 08:13 PM
I mean this in the nicest possible way, and I know your opinion is shared by many new players, but your attitude is whats wrong with gaming in general, and its why so many of us see this game as a breath of fresh air.

2) There are no Comeback mechanics.

Revenge Mode may be a "comeback mechanic" in the sense that it can help you win a duel (or a 1v2/3), but if you're losing the match badly (Say, because you started in the Beta or buy the game Day 1 and are up against people who have played since the Alpha) there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Nothing you can do huh? The entire point of this game is getting better. Its day 1 for you, and there's nothing can you do? Be honest with yourself about why you are losing and how you can improve. That's what you can do. Find out what its like to challenge yourself for once and get better.

Tickle_Me_Pink
02-10-2017, 08:21 PM
I mean this in the nicest possible way, and I know your opinion is shared by many new players, but your attitude is whats wrong with gaming in general, and its why so many of us see this game as a breath of fresh air.

Nothing you can do huh? The entire point of this game is getting better. Its day 1 for you, and there's nothing can you do? Be honest with yourself about why you are losing and how you can improve. That's what you can do. Find out what its like to challenge yourself for once and get better.

You my friend is why companies are robbing us blind with terrible buggy products. Stop being part of the problem.

Brave_Thunder
02-10-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm a new player as well,and while I share your same frustration in getting owned over and over again(partly because I don't know the game,party because it's my first fighting game) I'm happy that there isn't any kind of noob tube or god mode.Sure,I hated that moment when I charged that conqueror with my PK and I got destroyed completely by his shield charge.Or that moment when that orochi parryed any single stab that I made to him.

But every time you die in this game,is your fault.You failed to understand the matchup,were too slow to dodge,too predictable....There is a huge learning curve.The good thing is that all this frustration will become pride when you will be able to pull off the full potential of your character,without any kind of help,only because you improved your own skill.

teksuo1
02-10-2017, 08:27 PM
the tutorial doesn't cover counter-guard-breaks well enough.when you push X at the right time after someone guard-breaks you (a blue "energy-field" shows up as feedback when successful)
i've been able to do it in the tutorial a few times but never in an actual match.

Some opponents have no issue doing it to me though, so it's a L2P issue here :)

i assume some players have an elite controller of some sorts with better button placement , i don't understand how someone can be so quick to switch from the analog to the buttons so efficiently without one.

Guess it's time to think about another investment.

Godsplitter1991
02-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Word of advice, just play one class and practice in 1v1s. I never played closed beta/alpha and my conqueror is currently 17. I've been doing a lot better with the reaction times. My win rate is very high. Only thing that I need to work on is counter guard. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

Ragnar---
02-10-2017, 08:32 PM
There are noob tubes. They're the guard break and the feats and power ups you get.

RatedChaotic
02-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Ya but what game doesnt have problems near or after release. Some games are in their 3rd year and still have problems. Lets just hope UBI stays on top of the bugs/exploits/hacks that most games fail to do. So far I been impressed on how ubi has stepped up to this game reguarding issues than their previous titles. Keep it up UBI. You made a good game here... dont blow it.

Slarg232
02-11-2017, 12:17 AM

Sonny, I've played Dark Souls 1-3 (Would have played the **** out of Bloodborne if I had a PS4) for a good 1200 hours or so between the three of them.

The reason I'm calm enough to point out the flaws of this game instead of saying "It sucks" is because I realize I'm not as good as I could be and that it's a new system I need to learn. It's also why I haven't complained about Balance issues, because I don't know enough about the system to comment on such.

HOWEVER, nothing excuses a game that's supposed to be "easy to get into, hard to master" having it's tutorials locked behind five menus, nothing excuses Revenge "I Win" mode (The health and damage is fine, the hyper armor needs to go), and nothing excuses joining a game half way in progress so you're not even Renown T1 while you're fighting fully Renowned guys.

This game is, for all intents and purposes, PVP Souls with it's Stamina Bar and it's general gameplay (Anyone who plays the Souls series will tell you this). But when I join a Fight Club in Dark Souls, I join ready and at the same level as the people i'm going up against. In this game, joining a "fight club" means being SL 80 against an SL 120.

I've both been able to chainstun people to death and have been chain stunned to death. It's not fun, it's not engaging, and EVERYONE will tell you that the automatic 2-hit combos that you see in DkS III were among the worst additions to that game.

You can say this game is perfect as is, but you'd be wrong. A Backstab mechanic or something (Where a newer player can easily deal massive damage to a vet with a lucky parry) is DESPERATELY needed, as is the ability for 2-3 people to gang up on one player without them getting hyper armor/Poise up the wazzoo.

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 12:58 AM
3) Gender Locked classes, what? Makes perfect sense for the Valkyre, but why does a two dagger knight or a spear using samurai have to be female only, and since we're already disregarding historical accuracy in having female knights in the first place (sorry ladies), why is the Warlord male only? This is some PC ********.

I want to comment on this just because your ignorance is annoying. It says it right in the warrior vid....That nobushi is a female warrior who protects the homes of the warriors while they are away fighting, and the naginata is their weapon of choice. Smh

UbiNoty
02-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the feedback! It's always good to hear from multiple different perspectives :D There are advanced tutorials you can go to in the menu and you can skip the intro/outro (it's spacebar on PC and square on PS4 I believe, not sure about the XB1)

Slarg232
02-11-2017, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback! It's always good to hear from multiple different perspectives :D There are advanced tutorials you can go to in the menu and you can skip the intro/outro (it's spacebar on PC and square on PS4 I believe, not sure about the XB1)

Don't mention it :D

I like the concept of the game, no, I REALLY like the concept of the game, but the execution is just a little bit off. Mind, this is your game, not mine, so who am I to tell you how to do your job :P

Mathonn
02-11-2017, 05:59 AM
HOWEVER, nothing excuses a game that's supposed to be "easy to get into, hard to master" having it's tutorials locked behind five menus, nothing excuses Revenge "I Win" mode (The health and damage is fine, the hyper armor needs to go), and nothing excuses joining a game half way in progress so you're not even Renown T1 while you're fighting fully Renowned guys.

You can say this game is perfect as is, but you'd be wrong. A Backstab mechanic or something (Where a newer player can easily deal massive damage to a vet with a lucky parry) is DESPERATELY needed, as is the ability for 2-3 people to gang up on one player without them getting hyper armor/Poise up the wazzoo.

It's tutorials are far from "locked behind five menus", in fact on the main page right below your options to enter a game it says "How to Play" in obvious print. It's actually one of the more simplistic tutorial setups out there.

Revenge I could take or leave, wouldn't phase me either way, but it's far from "I win" and I have no clue why you feel the game was marketed as you being unable to fight multiple players at once. Even their teasers involve three guys circling each other and doing endless combat.

Most games dump players into games to fill them Mid round, if you want to complain about the issue take it out on all the quitters that jump out mid game.

in general, your "nothing excuses" claims seem not point at things that need excused.

No game needs a "noob tube", period. You're asking for an easy kill feature to keep lesser players in the game, which always turns into an easily abused feature by the players that know how to use it. That said, this game has revenge, feats, and certain Heroes designed specifically for that mentality, as well as the ability to practice and compete against bots til you're blue in your face.

The "make the games easy for the masses" mentality is a failing of the industry and the consumer base. Ubi has made a game that may well appeal to the masses and gives you all the tools to learn without it being some dumbed down piece of junk. It is, at it's heart, a fighting game and fighting games are not "easy".

And to your point about female only characters, you acknowledge Valkyrie as women warriors and plenty of Norse lore includes women warriors, Nobushi are explained in the game lore and there were
Japanese warrior women, Onna-bugeisha, that fought along side men, and there were most certainly female knights during the Middle Ages, including several well known.

The_B0G_
02-11-2017, 06:15 AM
I started playing fresh on the open beta and immediately was being trashed, I got beat 1v1 2v1 2v2 it didn't matter what I did, even ganking I was getting killed so you know what I did... I kept playing.

After two hours I got used to the blocking and striking and started winning fights regularly. I hate to say it but you just need to "git gud".

P.S. Your points contradict each other, you want a noob tube so you can get easy kills (even though it would be killing you just as often) but you want revenge taken out of the game and it is basically the noob tube of For Honor.

Slarg232
02-11-2017, 06:35 AM
No game needs a "noob tube", period. You're asking for an easy kill feature to keep lesser players in the game, which always turns into an easily abused feature by the players that know how to use it. That said, this game has revenge, feats, and certain Heroes designed specifically for that mentality, as well as the ability to practice and compete against bots til you're blue in your face.

The "make the games easy for the masses" mentality is a failing of the industry and the consumer base. Ubi has made a game that may well appeal to the masses and gives you all the tools to learn without it being some dumbed down piece of junk. It is, at it's heart, a fighting game and fighting games are not "easy".

And fighting games were never as popular and will never be as popular as the MOBA genre, so get that elitist stick out of your rectum. No one is asking for the game to be easier, they're asking for a fighting chance.

Because if they don't put some form of anti-frustration of being hit, guard broke, hit hit, guard broke, hit hit, guard broke, hit hit hit hit guardbroke in for people who are *just picking up the game*, then the game is going to die and be another game filled with people who complain about there being no one to play with while they tell noobs to suck it up.

If you don't give new players a fighting chance, than the good players, along with the game, are completely irrelevant. Much like the fighting game scene.

Meady_Beard
02-11-2017, 06:40 AM
I finished the tutorial, scanned the whole menu and all the tabs, fiddled with graphics, noticed there's something called Advanced Something Something, did it, found out I'm not very good with stuff, so I noticed there's unlimited botmatch, you set up the AI of the bot from 0 to 3 and we bashed at eachother for hous until I could parry and block the easiest bot (1 not 0, 0 is a punchbag ). When I felt comfy , I upped the difficulty. Now I feel I understand the basics and I did join normal vs AI matches and found out during the gameplaythat the drill paid up.

Now you can look at it from two sides.

People nowadays expect to be handheld and can't find their socks if they were on their feet. or Ubisoft is "great" with generic design and if somebody wasn't clueless they'd for example pop a window at the end of the mandatory tutorial < " HEY DUDE There's an advanced one available that teaches you how to parry and double zone block, wanna try it out ?! There's also 1500 Steel with iiiiit"

Can't tell, I'm a Sewer Rat, Diablo Maps ... All nooks and cranies. Demon and Dark Souls ? Checked even under the Dragon's butt. Never expecting silver platter.But I understand Ubisoft is also bad at these things. I mean honestly , if you look aside from the "technical problems" , anybody capable of counting a dozen eggs would eventually figure out, that if this went through a real and serious QA team, they should be recalled, and forced to test the game for the whole weekend and write everything down and pass it to the teams responsible for the game. No waythis game was well tested and basically we're expected to lab rat it for them. And don't get me started on the whole "Hybrid P2P" , even a diamond sheen polished turd is still a turd. Currently no 8 real Player game I tried was without issues. You can use P2P in case the infrastructure is perfect. People play this game on computers at the power of my phone, sarcastically speaking.

Pick whatever floats your Hindenburg, if you're just expecting it to be cleaner or you were a bit lazy to search for it, or a mixture of both.

Remeber is Ubisoft, think of one game that worked for example like CD Projects Witcher .... I dare you. Is the mindset, but there's no real replacement for a game like For Honor, I'm fed up with magical stuff win "medieval times" so I have to just sit here expecting the worst from ubisoft and looking at my 90 Euros beign basically flushed down a toilet. Maybe they will surprise me, that would be plesant, but they can't let me down since I'm not expecting anything. If you feel you can't loose 60 - 90 - 140 Euro's for this "Tryout game" don't get / play it.

Lab Rat 000742 - 2 Reporting Out *Squeak*

Slarg232
02-11-2017, 06:53 AM

P.S. Your points contradict each other, you want a noob tube so you can get easy kills (even though it would be killing you just as often) but you want revenge taken out of the game and it is basically the noob tube of For Honor.

Right right, because having to block a bunch of hits, either specifically building for it (Which means it's not available to new players) for 1v1, or having to block the attacks of two-three people (Which isn't something newer players can really do) is TOTALLY a noob helper.

Gee, so glad you went into game design.

The_B0G_
02-11-2017, 07:14 AM
Right right, because having to block a bunch of hits, either specifically building for it (Which means it's not available to new players) for 1v1, or having to block the attacks of two-three people (Which isn't something newer players can really do) is TOTALLY a noob helper.

Gee, so glad you went into game design.

You can set it to generate from getting injured and it doesn't take long to get gear that supports it, I suppose you want them to insert a win button into the game so terrible players can win right away though. Participation medals should be given out at the end of matches too while we're at it.

Mathonn
02-11-2017, 07:36 AM
And fighting games were never as popular and will never be as popular as the MOBA genre, so get that elitist stick out of your rectum. No one is asking for the game to be easier, they're asking for a fighting chance.

If you don't give new players a fighting chance, than the good players, along with the game, are completely irrelevant. Much like the fighting game scene.

First off, I'm not a fighting game elitist, and have no idea why you're tossing out this assertion that fighting games aren't as popular as MOBAs, particularly since MOBAs are on the same evolutionary path as fighting games, as this game demonstrates.

Second, You are asking for the game to be easier, to give players with no clue a fighting chance. They give you all the resources to get a clue, and again they're obvious resources, so let players get a clue. Dumbing down a medium to make it more accessible to people who are unlikely to commit long term isn't really a worthwhile move.

Third, this game is far from difficult to pick up, it's simply a matter of finding the right hero and practicing.

Not every game is for every player and the game should not be diluted to simply fill seats. If you want a fighting chance use the resources available and get one.

Slarg232
02-11-2017, 08:29 AM
First off, I'm not a fighting game elitist, and have no idea why you're tossing out this assertion that fighting games aren't as popular as MOBAs, particularly since MOBAs are on the same evolutionary path as fighting games, as this game demonstrates.

Second, You are asking for the game to be easier, to give players with no clue a fighting chance. They give you all the resources to get a clue, and again they're obvious resources, so let players get a clue. Dumbing down a medium to make it more accessible to people who are unlikely to commit long term isn't really a worthwhile move.

Third, this game is far from difficult to pick up, it's simply a matter of finding the right hero and practicing.

Not every game is for every player and the game should not be diluted to simply fill seats. If you want a fighting chance use the resources available and get one.

How do they give you all the resources to get a clue?

A) Revenge Mode is advantageous to people who can block multiple people or has the gear built up to be able to get it in a 1v1. Both of those mean you've played the game longer.

B) Feats are only awarded by doing well. Being able to shoot someone with an arrow for 3/4 of their life, but only if you're already winning, is not giving people the resources to do better.

C) "not being difficult to pick up" and "have to spend 100 hours to practice one specific character" (as is the case in most fighting games) do not belong in the same sentence.

This game is as snowbally as DotA is, because the ones who are doing well are going to continue to do well because of feats, and it lacks the character depth of traditional fighting games. You can say "not every game is for every player", but a game that doesn't welcome new people is a game that's going to die, plain and simple.

Fact: Games need to be pick up friendly so that people who don't spend 6-8 hours a day playing them have a chance to do so.
Fact: This is why fighting games never have a huge dedicated following, because no one wants to spend what little time they have to game "just learning to play" instead of actually playing.
Fact: Getting stunlocked or comboed to death isn't "amazing depth in the game", but a failure to give players a chance to put up a fight. Why do you think the fighting game with the biggest prize pool doesn't have extensive combos or allow players to be stunlocked?

Don't act like giving people a chance to play is a bad thing when the largest EVO tourney is played on Super Smash Bros Brawl, a game that was built the ground up for casual players.

The problem with this game is that it's setting itself up for a very small minority of people (Those who love Soulsborne PVP) without giving them a group of people to play with (Those who play Soulsborne games for the story/lore/journey).

This game, without any sort of catchup mechanic, is going to be $20-$40 by August.

Exterium
02-11-2017, 08:44 AM
How do they give you all the resources to get a clue?

A) Revenge Mode is advantageous to people who can block multiple people or has the gear built up to be able to get it in a 1v1. Both of those mean you've played the game longer.

B) Feats are only awarded by doing well. Being able to shoot someone with an arrow for 3/4 of their life, but only if you're already winning, is not giving people the resources to do better.

C) "not being difficult to pick up" and "have to spend 100 hours to practice one specific character" (as is the case in most fighting games) do not belong in the same sentence.

This game is as snowbally as DotA is, because the ones who are doing well are going to continue to do well because of feats, and it lacks the character depth of traditional fighting games. You can say "not every game is for every player", but a game that doesn't welcome new people is a game that's going to die, plain and simple.

Fact: Games need to be pick up friendly so that people who don't spend 6-8 hours a day playing them have a chance to do so.
Fact: This is why fighting games never have a huge dedicated following, because no one wants to spend what little time they have to game "just learning to play" instead of actually playing.
Fact: Getting stunlocked or comboed to death isn't "amazing depth in the game", but a failure to give players a chance to put up a fight. Why do you think the fighting game with the biggest prize pool doesn't have extensive combos or allow players to be stunlocked?

Don't act like giving people a chance to play is a bad thing when the largest EVO tourney is played on Super Smash Bros Brawl, a game that was built the ground up for casual players.

The problem with this game is that it's setting itself up for a very small minority of people (Those who love Soulsborne PVP) without giving them a group of people to play with (Those who play Soulsborne games for the story/lore/journey).

This game, without any sort of catchup mechanic, is going to be $20-$40 by August.

Play 1v1 or don't play at all, the rest of the modes are there because they needed to fill the screen.

First, fighting chance if you are losing? **** no, if I'm beating you since the battle started why should you get something to come back? that's ****ing unfair for the guy that's playing better, plus, it could be abused for people that know what they do. You can do an epic comeback in this game with 1HP right now, but that involves learning how to play, something that seems like you don't want to waste time doing, and that's ok, but then don't pretend to win against the people who took that time.

What you are asking for, is a way to be able to compete against players better than you, sorry, but that should never happen in any game, a better player beats you, period.

I really dislike the "git gud" people, but in this case, you deserve all the git guds in the universe, thanks to this kind of thinking, games have become a stupid handheld fest.

Second, and most important, because seems like a lot of people think this, don't think you are good at games cause you played xxxx amount of hours of Dark Souls, Dark Souls created the perfect illusion of a hard game, without actually being really hard, so people feels good when they do stuff. This game is not aimed for soulsborne pvp players, this game is aimed for fighting game fans, I don't know what people see in For Honor to think it looks like Dark Souls

P.S: I'm not even buying for honor at launch, because I dislike many things, but I would certainly not complain about beeing unable to "fight" against someone who's beating me, that's my fault, not ubisoft's.

Edit: The fact you said that DOTA 2 doesn't allow players to be stunlocked... lol, just lol.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 09:47 AM
The main problem of the tutorial is, that it is very basic.

It only shows you, that there are tools, against certain mechanics and how to use them. But there is no mixup. The parry bot in example, will always attack you with a heavy, slow attack. Its totally easy to counter. The guard breaker only tries to guard break you. Everybody can counter guard break in this situation.

In a real combat situation, a guard break can only be anticipated but not reacted on. The pk bot lvl 2 will gb you from her sprint. You know that and you can try to stop her from doing it. Other gbs, especially if mixed up, can only be guessed. The next problem is, that the game sometimes is not in synch with the display and too often, frames seem to be skipped - even in local matches. Sometimes, you gb simultaneously. But instead of cancelling each other out, one of the gbs is simply not registered. This results in an unfair punishment.

After the tutorial, you fight level one bots, who will wreck your face. They don't need to guard break you (if you are a beginner). The problem is, that the gb is missing - you can not train counter guard breaking - unarguably the most important skill - if the first training bot does not use it in his her mixup. If somebody has still problems beating bot-1, you can never beat bot-2. In order to be able to beat bot-2, you need to be able, to counter gb. Running in circles here.

In addition, the timing windows for parry and counter gb are very short. If frames are skipped, it is impossible to execute them. As the beginner manages to adapt to bot-1, he gets payoff and confidence - this hope, confidence and fun is utterly destroyed, once you meet bot-2. You have to start from scratch - or at least, it feels that way.

Add unforgiving stagger mechanics from light attack chains and desaster will strike.

Vikko2
02-11-2017, 10:34 AM
The fact that he is complaining about Revenge mode in the first place and claims that the game marketed at some point that one person cannot handle more than one opponent is already kind of ridiculous if you asked me. Heck, fighting more than one person seemed like an exciting feature and they've handled making it possible pretty well if you ask me. He also makes several complaints about 'snowballing' (in what would technically be a real fight, combat momentum), which is a very successful aspect of other online games which reward people who do well instead of punishing them in favour of less skilled players. On top of that, how does complaining about snowballing go together with complaints about Revenge being too strong?

Anyways, there have been many, many matches that I'm sure people have had (including myself) where they would floor the other person for most of a round only to find a shift in strategy and lose with only one bar of health left to take out. On top of that, he claims to require 100 hours (obviously an exaggeration of course) for the game to be 'playable' to him, while for many people- the game either comes naturally to them within a few hours or takes a much steeper curve. It's a very wide spectrum of skill and adaptation that hasn't been measured yet, so we can't be certain.

While there are some ways to really use Revenge mode advantageously, all players are aware that more people attacking one person generates Revenge faster, meaning you could either be cautious or just let one person fight at a time while keeping your distance. If they don't use Revenge mode to counter an attack and knock you over, all you have left to do is run around a little until it's over or stand your ground and wait. Their health goes back to the original amount they had before it. If your buddy gets beaten fighting them one on one, and they gained enough to use Revenge, just have them run around a bit and it'll dissipate very quickly.

It's not the best mechanic in the game for handling multiple people, but given that you can be attacked from multiple directions at once resulting in at least one hitting you (including with heavy attacks that may or may not chunk your health out), it's a mechanic that gives people a fighting chance- but may or may not need a couple of tweaks or so.

If anything, the revivals in Elimination need some kind of tweaking, as even a 1v3 becomes nigh impossible with two people on you and one ready to revive should anyone go down.

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Seriously, this is nonsense... If you feel you lack practice and aability, why dont you try to get better and enjoy yourself being a better soldier?
Im tired of that "I want it all day 1 with an easy ****" of gamers nowadays. Games are fun because you have to learn them, day by day, like the old ones.

The game is not hard to get into it, I guess you had bad luck for fighting with people that has much experience or capacity to adapt than you, whichin a beta, IS TOTALLY NORMAL.

Look at some videos that shows you the way of the warrior on the class you want it, press start and learn their moves, etc... Practice, practice, fight, fight more. you ll get it.

I agreee that the tutorial is not vry good thou and coulb be better for people who doesnt have a clue with fighting games, or fight in general.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Seriously, this is nonsense... If you feel you lack practice and aability, why dont you try to get better and enjoy yourself being a better soldier?
Im tired of that "I want it all day 1 with an easy ****" of gamers nowadays. Games are fun because you have to learn them, day by day, like the old ones.

The game is not hard to get into it, I guess you had bad luck for fighting with people that has much experience or capacity to adapt than you, whichin a beta, IS TOTALLY NORMAL.

Look at some videos that shows you the way of the warrior on the class you want it, press start and learn their moves, etc... Practice, practice, fight, fight more. you ll get it.

I agreee that the tutorial is not vry good thou and coulb be better for people who doesnt have a clue with fighting games, or fight in general.

Saying the game in nit hard to get into is simply not true. Almost every person I chatted with and every video I saw on YouTube was very clear in this regard.

It was in fact shocking, that the consensus was that big.

While certain players may find it relatively easy to get into the game, be sure that they are the exception and not the rule. Being a new player in thus game is very frustrating (even mire frustrating than in rainbow six siege) and very, very unforgiving. Only very determined players will stay.

LossofHope
02-11-2017, 10:51 AM
This game is broken. Fundamentally and completely. Most of what you describe is attributable to **** balancing.The rest,lag. I'm glad They Did an 'open beta' because i'm never picking up this trash.

LossofHope
02-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Only very determined players will stay.

Which is why this game will be $30 in a month, because no one will be playing it by then.

It's broke,and no one will hang around through the bs long enough for them to fix it.

LossofHope
02-11-2017, 11:04 AM
This. Game is broke. Getting gud will only get you so far. Ubi style fking a game up for the lowest common denominator at the expense of the talented is what we have here.

Yvendel
02-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Saying the game in nit hard to get into is simply not true. Almost every person I chatted with and every video I saw on YouTube was very clear in this regard.

It was in fact shocking, that the consensus was that big.

While certain players may find it relatively easy to get into the game, be sure that they are the exception and not the rule. Being a new player in thus game is very frustrating (even mire frustrating than in rainbow six siege) and very, very unforgiving. Only very determined players will stay.

Didnt intend to make it sound that way thou, but for a lot of people, its not that hard, because they have some knowledge about fighting games or such. The problem is not that the game is hard to learn, the problem is that games nowadays use to be so freaking easy to play that when someone can't own people on the 1 day they are already crying for it. If they feel they arent enough, they should try to learn and practice, like all type of good games.

A better tutorial would be interesting, like, for example, the one in Guilty gear revelator for fighting games, and competitive fighting games are absolutely insane and hard btw, for honor is nothing compared to it xD

Gunner11Mendez
02-11-2017, 10:55 PM
This game is broken. Fundamentally and completely. Most of what you describe is attributable to **** balancing.The rest,lag. I'm glad They Did an 'open beta' because i'm never picking up this trash.

Good. Don't. Salty AF...

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 11:18 PM
Didnt intend to make it sound that way thou, but for a lot of people, its not that hard, because they have some knowledge about fighting games or such. The problem is not that the game is hard to learn, the problem is that games nowadays use to be so freaking easy to play that when someone can't own people on the 1 day they are already crying for it. If they feel they arent enough, they should try to learn and practice, like all type of good games.

A better tutorial would be interesting, like, for example, the one in Guilty gear revelator for fighting games, and competitive fighting games are absolutely insane and hard btw, for honor is nothing compared to it xD

The fighting game community is smaller than the other ones.

If we treat this game like a pure fighting game, it will not sell and die. Its the sad truth.

This "remember the old days" attitude is not helping either. Yes games were harder to play 20 years ago and less people were playing games in general. But you have to admit, that a lot of games on the market were crap, buggy, downright unfair and partially made to be played by 10 people world wide. But those games were cheap and dod not have to feed a staff of hundreds of people. On fact, i am quite happy, that games like z are not made anymore. It was frustratingly hard and every mistake was slowly punished.

Things have changed and it would be futile to make games, that can only be played by 1000 people worldwide. The game needs to train and entertain casual players properly, in order to survive. Nobody can live off of a small bit very elite group. Not with a tripple a title.

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 01:54 AM
Unreal, quake, for example, etc etc, was badly games and buggy with a few people playing? Lol. They are, to this day, one of those competitive games that never failed if I may say so.
Competitive games nowadays does fail a lot thou, because people don't want to play and wanna do it all with 1 button, badly balanced and/or too much casualized to maintain the success that others had.

Easy come, easy go. "Hard" things have deepness, stability, interest and remain healthy through time.

This game needs a good tutorial for people who doesnt have a clue about spacing, combos, punishers, mindreading, etc, for newcomers to a competitive genre. I mean, its not another boring assasin creed spam stuff, thou you can do it on low lvl and it works.

CritBull
02-12-2017, 02:02 AM
Hello just providing some feedback. I don't know what has happened to the game in this Open Beta testing. I played the closed beta and did not have any problems at all and thought the game was great and ordered a Gold Edition for PC. Anyhow this Open beta is a different story. My game keeps crashing every time I try and play the multiplayer and the other duel modes. Is this because of more player pressure on the P2P system? Is this a problem with many players on a P2P system? I don't know but this Open Beta for me has not been enjoyable to play and very frustrating. I am yet to get a PVP game since the Open beta started and very disappointed at the moment. It seems as though I am restricted to only playing practice mode. Another problem even in practice mode I am noticing is that it is laggy and many of my mouse and keyboard selections are being ignored.

Is anyone else having any similar issues. I had none of these issues in the closed beta. If For Hone at game launch is going to be the same I will be requesting a refund. Any advice helpful. I have not changed anything since the closed beta.

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 02:04 AM
How is your NAT? I think somehow your NAT is being restricted, could be that, sounds that way.

As for the practice mode, I don't have a clue, didnt heard anithing like that yet.

CritBull
02-12-2017, 02:06 AM
How is your NAT? I think somehow your NAT is being restricted, could be that, sounds that way.

Thanks sorry I am a noob here what is a NAT and how to fix it? Like a said I played in the closed beta and had no problems at all!

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 02:09 AM
Np at all. The nat is... Wait, an image would be easier:
http://static.gosunoob.com/img/1/2016/09/For-Honor-NAT-Strict-to-NAT-Open.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/fb145b4506d79a0e2ebe808ccf73d826.png

You may need to open some ports of your router if your NAT is restricted. The weird thing is that it only happened to you on the open beta thou

PackingMoney
02-12-2017, 02:09 AM
'You can say this game is perfect as is, but you'd be wrong. A Backstab mechanic or something (Where a newer player can easily deal massive damage to a vet with a lucky parry) is DESPERATELY needed, as is the ability for 2-3 people to gang up on one player without them getting hyper armor/Poise up the wazzoo.'

That's why the newer players don't like this game, because there isn't the back-stab type mechanic like you want. In all honesty the new players and complainers, are the ones who want these mechanics because they refuse to learn the actual game mechanics and combos, then wonder why they are being destroyed.

Salt_is_Real
02-12-2017, 02:11 AM
I started this game as every other game, I played hours and hours agains AI and then I went to play with other ppl. Bots in this game are actualy good so you should go and practice with them....or with your friend.
And if you donīt want to play agains bots, just donīt cry you are owned.

Mathonn
02-12-2017, 02:41 AM
Let me try again in simple terms, the "problem" that a game is unfair to new players because experienced players are experienced cannot be solved by cheap mechanics, it can only be solved by new players taking time to learn.

If what you want is "game A" don't buy "game B" and try to force the developer to change it into "game A". Some games are super easy to pick up, others are not, it doesn't mean that the harder ones need to be easier. Everybody wants to be included, but the issue with difficult games is not that they don't include new players, it is that the players exclude themselves.

Kryliac
02-12-2017, 02:49 AM
Game is a joke....

CritBull
02-12-2017, 03:16 AM
Np at all. The nat is... Wait, an image would be easier:
http://static.gosunoob.com/img/1/2016/09/For-Honor-NAT-Strict-to-NAT-Open.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/fb145b4506d79a0e2ebe808ccf73d826.png

You may need to open some ports of your router if your NAT is restricted. The weird thing is that it only happened to you on the open beta thou

Thanks very much I will check it out but like I said game worked perfectly for me in the Closed betas. I have a feeling it may be because of the P2P system this time round there is 3 x the players (spoke to a mod). They may need dedicated servers to fix it. I have terrible lag too even when playing the practice mode. Some skills attack and defense not working sometimes (Lag)

Roze.Calanor
02-12-2017, 03:58 AM
2) There are no Comeback mechanics. PLS GIFF COMEBACK MECHANIC!

3) Revenge Mode shouldn't be in this game. PLS REMOVE COMEBACK MECHANIC!

The irony is too much...